Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2642515 times
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: New Owners of LFC
      Reply #2760: Feb 15, 2012 03:16:03 pm
      Brought on by the Suarez debacle. Maybe its unwarranted from your part. I prefer to look at facts rather then make assumptions everything is great. Know what will shut me up announcements on the stadium or Fsg funding the signing of some top players in the summer.

I'd hate to think it would shut you up.
      Make you start to see the cup half full maybe.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #2761: Feb 15, 2012 03:18:27 pm
      Brought on by the Suarez debacle. Maybe its unwarranted from your part. I prefer to look at facts rather then make assumptions everything is great. Know what will shut me up announcements on the stadium or Fsg funding the signing of some top players in the summer.

I've looked at the 'facts' too, nowhere near as bleak as you try to make out.

I don't want a statement about the stadium until it's a definitive one, no of this piecemeal stuff.  Leave the speculation to the shitty tabloids.

And it's not summer yet, so let that one go, for now.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #2762: Feb 15, 2012 03:19:14 pm
      I would if the right players were signed not making excuses we can't sign top players because we are not in the champions league. That is only an excuse if we have the money we can sign top players.  Because i believe Liverpool can attract anyone now is that negative.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #2763: Feb 15, 2012 03:21:33 pm
      I would if the right players were signed not making excuses we can't sign top players because we are not in the champions league. That is only an excuse if we have the money we can sign top players.  Because i believe Liverpool can attract anyone now is that negative.

It's certainly not the thougts of a realist, which you've professed to be in previous posts.

Not even the right players would shut you up, if they weren't you 'picks', extrapolating from your posts thus far.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #2764: Feb 15, 2012 03:27:11 pm
      Yes they would why is it not realistic we are a massive name worldwide. Im not listening to we are not in the champions league sh*te only an excuse rolled out for the owners. And before you start rolling out players like messi im talking about available players. Amazing how im so negative yet think the club can attract top top players because of the name worldwide. Explain that one.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #2765: Feb 15, 2012 03:35:05 pm
      Yes they would why is it not realistic we are a massive name worldwide. Im not listening to we are not in the champions league sh*te only an excuse rolled out for the owners. And before you start rolling out players like messi im talking about available players. Amazing how im so negative yet think the club can attract top top players because of the name worldwide. Explain that one.

It's an excuse many players have used, if you';re not willing to accept that, then you completely biasing your own point of view and aren't the realist you claim, just the pessimist many see you as.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2766: Feb 15, 2012 03:41:47 pm
      Roddenberry / corballyred

Can you two agree to disagree  :D
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #2767: Feb 15, 2012 03:41:56 pm
      I would if the right players were signed not making excuses we can't sign top players because we are not in the champions league.

You need to get yourself over to the Kenny thread then and blame him for this as it was him who bought the players you clearly don't rate.

The owners provided the money he wanted for the players he wanted to buy and not really much more they could have done in the simmer.

On the stadium I still don't see why you want an announcement when a clear decision is yet to be reached.

Again I'll ask you and hope for a response this time:

Is it not better to explore all possibilities before spending millions on a new stadium so we get it right long term?

Or do you want FSG to announce some half assed proposal just so short term, want it all now types such as yourself are happy?

I know what I would prefer.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #2768: Feb 15, 2012 03:43:29 pm
      No many would like to believe i am. What players exactly are you talking about. For example Eden hazard ive seen him talk a lot and i think we would all agree he is a player we all like and do you know what he hasn't made a mention of champions league in his statements.  What seems most important to him is playing for his development. Obviously there has being some off the record talks with his agent and spurs and now he is saying spurs interests him as likes the project there and that he will play regularly.  Do you see where im going with my example.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #2769: Feb 15, 2012 03:43:55 pm

I thougt it was friendly debate between me & Corbally, Keith.  Seen far worse disagreements, this one is nowhere near degenerating yet.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #2770: Feb 15, 2012 03:46:39 pm

Really?
      This is tame in the context of what we've seen this week.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2771: Feb 15, 2012 03:53:50 pm
      I thougt it was friendly debate between me & Corbally, Keith.  Seen far worse disagreements, this one is nowhere near degenerating yet.

It is but you two will never agree.  :D Its better than Coronation Street.  ;D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2772: Feb 15, 2012 03:55:29 pm
      Really?
      This is tame in the context of what we've seen this week.

Very true racer :-\ Roll on Formula 1  ;D
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #2773: Feb 15, 2012 03:57:02 pm
      No many would like to believe i am. What players exactly are you talking about. For example Eden hazard ive seen him talk a lot and i think we would all agree he is a player we all like and do you know what he hasn't made a mention of champions league in his statements.  What seems most important to him is playing for his development. Obviously there has being some off the record talks with his agent and spurs and now he is saying spurs interests him as likes the project there and that he will play regularly.  Do you see where im going with my example.

Not really, because Spurs look odds on for the Champions League and what project?  Their manager could be leaving soon.  CL money seems to be the key.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #2774: Feb 15, 2012 03:57:14 pm
      I think a year and half is a long time in football. The stadium issue looks as far away as it has done at any stage. Its is to important an issue to be put on the long finger. It appears at the moment it is a funding issue but that is an assumption by me. Every month that goes past we lose more and more ground on teams in relation to match day revenue.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #2775: Feb 15, 2012 04:02:19 pm
      You said you heard players saying how important champions league football is. Fine but i am giving you an example of the most sought after young player in Europe and he has made no mention of champions league football says regular football is the most important issue to him also talks about the project at spurs. Suarez should show you champions league football isn't the be all and end all.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #2776: Feb 15, 2012 04:12:46 pm
      You said you heard players saying how important champions league football is. Fine but i am giving you an example of the most sought after young player in Europe and he has made no mention of champions league football says regular football is the most important issue to him also talks about the project at spurs. Suarez should show you champions league football isn't the be all and end all.

You mean you incapable of inferring things from clubs players sign for and the things they don't say?  Suarez is more an exception than a rule and you well know it.  If we don't qualify next year, I doubt he'll be here the season after, being the realist I am.   
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #2777: Feb 15, 2012 04:22:17 pm
      How do you know it see Silva also moved to a club with no champions league football. Your inferring quiet a lot there rod.  I dont happen to agree with your assumptions no offence meant though.  I just believe that one year in the champions league isn't the be all and end of every top player.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #2778: Feb 15, 2012 04:24:26 pm

Well we could have gone after him hard and fast instead of getting a Downing + Adam I get that. Question is why are we debating that in the FSG thread, because I am pretty sure If Kenny wanted Hazard he could have gotten him.

Unless we are now complaining that FSG should not let the manager pick his players.

I myself would much rather have Hazard on the wing versus Downing just not getting how this has any relevance in this thread.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #2779: Feb 15, 2012 04:33:30 pm
      How do you know it see Silva also moved to a club with no champions league football. Your inferring quiet a lot there rod.  I dont happen to agree with your assumptions no offence meant though.  I just believe that one year in the champions league isn't the be all and end of every top player.

Silva moved for a sh*t load of money, so no point in us looking at that, not the kind of thing we're going to do.  I fully understand and accept that fact.

It's not neccessarily looking like one year, so now you're inferring quite a lot.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #2780: Feb 15, 2012 04:44:38 pm
      We will agree to differ here rod or we will completely derail the thread. I have being overly angry with them this week because i dont think it is believable they weren't behind Kennys apology
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #2781: Feb 15, 2012 05:19:11 pm
      I think some of you lads need to give the owners a break. From a neutral point of view they haven't done bad. It could be worse! you could still have the old owners here.

You can't be neutral, you're a Manc. Ok you're a Manc who wishes he'd picked Liverpool from the start but you're still a Manc.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #2782: Feb 15, 2012 06:06:02 pm
      No many would like to believe i am. What players exactly are you talking about.

I'll presume your referring to my post because sometimes its hard to tell

The players I'm talking about are the ones we bought in the summer. Your keen to blame FSG for not providing for players but after the summer window Kenny was delighted with the players we got and it appears he got the players he was after.

My point is that your unhappy and blamning the owners for providing the manager the funds to buy the players he wanted just because you personally don't rate them.

Also complaining that FSG didn't invest in January is also pointless when Ayre said money was there to spent but Kenny said he was happy with what he had.

Your point about Hazard is only relevant if we know for a fact Kenny wants him in the summer and FSG don't provide the funds to get him.

He could be the greatest player ever but if our manager doesn't want to buy him then not much the owners can to about that unless like AZ suggests you now would like FSG, who you admit know little about football, tell Kenny who he should or shouldn't be buying.

Quick Reply