Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Liverpool 3 - 0 West Ham - post match smiles

Read 13232 times
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Liverpool 3 - 0 West Ham - post match smiles
      Nov 21, 2010 05:09:58 pm
      NB: This topic was created the day after the game.  Unfortunately the forum was offline for only the second match in just under 5 years.  By the way - we won both those games. ;)

Very good first half, second half was more of a relaxed affair. West Ham looked like a side void of any fight and spirit - if they continue to play like that, their relegation will be justified.

As for us, I was pleased to see us get at them from the first whistle and you can only beat what's in front of you. Meireles was my man of the match but there was also some other good performances in there. No complaints from me whatsoever! Well in red men!
      « Last Edit: Nov 21, 2010 07:51:02 pm by JD »
      *LFC 4EVA*
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 805 posts |
      • *LFC 4LIFE*
      Re: Liverpool 3 - 0 West Ham - post match smiles
      Reply #1: Nov 21, 2010 05:12:23 pm
      Great result well done lads nice to see kuyt praise gerrard after the penalty
      « Last Edit: Nov 21, 2010 05:14:27 pm by redkenny, Reason: gr8 is not a word DO NOT USE TEXT LANGUAGE »
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #2: Nov 21, 2010 05:13:06 pm
      Meireles was my man of the match but there was also some other good performances in there. No complaints from me whatsoever!

Seconded, however, it would of been nice to see Dani play
      YNWABairn
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      • Anti Modern Football
      Reply #3: Nov 21, 2010 05:20:15 pm
      Played brilliantly in the first half against an absoloutely awful West Ham side, but we'll focus on our own game. First half we were great, the second we were cool and composed, I personally felt we should have went for it and added another 2 or 3 to boost the confidence but it's Roy we're talking about. Still though, did the job the first half and kept cool heads to finish it the second half.

One thing I will say is if Dani Pacheco can't get a game for Roy when we're crusing 3-0 against the worst team in the league then I seriously cannot think when he will get a game. Shelvey seems to get his fair amount of chances so it's not a problem of not playing young players that Roy has, but we need to start giving him games because he's going to be some player one day, maybe with another team.

Still though, a good day for us and I'll give Roy credit for this game. Bring on the next game!
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #4: Nov 21, 2010 05:22:51 pm
      No offence to Lucas whos been playing well lately, but for me Meireles has to start alongside Gerrard every game in the center, especially at Anfield and against lesser teams. Thought he was brilliant yesterday, showed a great range of passing and controlled the midfield.
      Felt strange watching someone bar Gerrard spraying 40 yard passes around..

Torres is so much more involved with Kuyt/Ngog up with him.

1st half we played some really good stuff, sat back as expected in the second half.
      Have to say West Ham were woeful though.
      LFCBAFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,539 posts | 30 
      • Scousers rule the country!
      Reply #5: Nov 21, 2010 05:23:40 pm
      I thought Poulsen had a great game yesterday.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #6: Nov 21, 2010 05:30:24 pm

Same, :O

Thought the whole team played well. Poulsen and Konchesky had very good games which needs pointing out when they are constantly criticised.

No real MOTM for me, was an all round good team performance, but I knew we would win comfortably, its the away record that makes me worry.
      wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Reply #7: Nov 21, 2010 05:31:47 pm
      well its a paradox about the steven gerrad effect this proves it. west ham played like we played against wigan. hope this can give us confidence against spurs next week. we played as a team and when that happens we usually win. play like this every week might make the top four. having two up front i think works better
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,278 posts | 763 
      Reply #8: Nov 21, 2010 05:35:35 pm
      Great to see Liverpool attack in the 1st half, and play so well on the whole.Just a pity they couldn't of scored a few more goals to boost goal difference against a poor West Ham side. Managed to pick up a pretty good streaming on my computer.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #9: Nov 21, 2010 05:41:09 pm
      Raul man of the match for me. Showed again that he has all the qualities for CM. Wasted on the wings. The team showed us that with a few extra players and the right manager we could very well finsh top four this year. With Gerrard out Roy had his hand forced with regard to Raul. Will he learn or will he overcomplicate things when Gerrard and Lucas are back. Anyway Im going off on a tangent. 7 points for me :)
      MsGerrard
      Reply #10: Nov 21, 2010 05:41:17 pm
      Like RedKenny said, it was good to see us go at them right from the start, our 3 goal victory was no more than we deserved, in fact, if we'd have upped the tempo in the second half we could have had another two.

Overall, a very good first half, West Ham are in serious dire straits though, all credit to their fans for cheering them on till the end even though they knew there was no hope.

I thought Johnson, Meireles, N'Gog and Carra all played well, but credit to the whole team, as that's what it was, a team performance, let's hope we build on this for the Tottenham game next week.

Well Done lads.
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #11: Nov 21, 2010 05:53:35 pm
      Great first half, poor second half to be honest, would have liked to see us kick on and go for it, 6-0 would have been a great boost.

Thought pretty much everyone played well, even Poulsen and Konchesky though I noticed a few misplaced passes and errors from them - but maybe I was looking for them.

Great to see Aurelio back, hope to see him at LB next week (not in the Europa league).

Johnson played amazingly well, not just his goal, but it is so great to see him attacking but he didn't have much of any defensive duties to take care of.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #12: Nov 21, 2010 05:54:54 pm
      First match I've seen at Anfield. A good first half display that led to 3-0 win, albeit against a very much weaker opponent.

I think that's the best first half performace I've seen this season. I wasn't very happy with the second half. Score could have been 6 or 7 to nil but I guess three points is all that matters.

I think everyone generally did well, yes, even Poulsen! I think Meireles had a very fine game in central of midfielder. Can kick with both feet and is an excellent passer. Why, oh why does Roy still play him on the right? :mad:

Torres hit the bar, made some nice runs when the ball is played to him and had a fair amount of chances on goal. What I dislike about the way we play is, we sometimes tend to pass it back or side instead of getting it to Torres and no, we should never do hoofing. He's not that kind of forward. He excels when the ball is played on the ground to him.

All in all, a very good day for all of us, especially for me!
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #13: Nov 21, 2010 05:55:10 pm

A joke surely? Apart from his admittedly great effort on goal, I wasn't even aware of him playing in the game. Utter mediocrity...
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #14: Nov 21, 2010 05:57:11 pm
      Great first half, thought we relaxed to much in the second half. But overall a good perfomance agianst a poor side. Standouts for me were Meireles, Johnson, Maxi and Ngog and Torres were lively.
      Pepe Reina
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,480 posts | 14 
      Reply #15: Nov 21, 2010 05:59:47 pm
      Only 9 points off Chelsea and United...  :f_whistle:
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #16: Nov 21, 2010 06:02:50 pm

Madness thinking of the start we have had. Let's also not forget united have had a piss easy start to their season.
      RyanBabs

• 5,145 posts | 39 
      • London town is burning down
      Reply #17: Nov 21, 2010 06:03:53 pm
      Well we need to build on this, if we can win next week at spuds then its going to be a good weekend
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #18: Nov 21, 2010 06:06:33 pm
      Glad to see us winning a match comfortably :)

Against West Ham at home, it's no less than most sides would be expecting this season.
      But I just hope we can match that attacking display against spurs next week.
      Could've been 5-0 if it wern't for Rob Green. That double save against Torres and then Poulsen is one of the best i've ever seen.

Actually only got to see the highlights as i was in work during the match, but it looked like we dominated from start to finish. Nice goals.

Johnson as he always does, a pretty nifty finisher inside the box.
      Kuyt as he always does, a pretty cool penalty taker. (Nice to see him point to stevie after he scored :D )
      And a very fine header from Maxi.

Can never tell any more how we'll go into the next match, but so far this season we've played better in the bigger matches, so I hope we carry that into the spurs game.

6 points behind City who are currently in 4th place. The table is so tight this season that all you have to do is string a few wins together and you can climb up into the top 4 - look at Bolton. We're in the top 10, then after a few wins on the bounce they climbed into 4th yesterday.

It's complicated at the moment because any good results we have only give Hodgson more time, so ironically, the more we win, the worse it may be in the long run.
      I just wish JWH could get rid of him even if we do keep winning, but I don't think he will.
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #19: Nov 21, 2010 06:06:38 pm

Take that to the kneejerk thread. There is no place for such optimism here! ;)
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #20: Nov 21, 2010 06:12:08 pm
      Only 9 points off Chelsea and United...  :f_whistle:

Crazy isn't it.

The way we've played this season we deserve to be about 20 points off the top.

Having seen the Chelsea of the last 4 games, no side in this league is invincible. But it does worry me that this season is looking perfect for Man U to snatch the title. I'm convinced, this season, the points total to win the league will be the lowest ever. If we were playing anywhere near decent, it would be our best chance to win the league in years.

Imagine if we'd have taken 6 points from Wigan and Stoke!
      kenny the king
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,757 posts |
      • at the end of the storm there,s a golden sky
      Reply #21: Nov 21, 2010 06:22:30 pm
      Nice game  :)..great to see us attacking  in the first half ,,the second half was poor.....Johnson, Kuyt, Meireles and Torres did a great job. but Torres was unlucky..the big test now is Tottenham..
      « Last Edit: Nov 21, 2010 08:49:02 pm by MsGerrard, Reason: Could we have some Capital letters in future please ! »
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #22: Nov 21, 2010 06:24:15 pm
      Thought Meireles did well in the playmaker role. Johnson, Kuyt, N'gog all looked lively. just a little thought that maybe Torres looked a small bit dis-interested?
      « Last Edit: Nov 21, 2010 08:49:36 pm by MsGerrard »

Quick Reply