Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Luis Suarez - Transfer Topic - (Ajax to Liverpool)

Read 214757 times
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Luis Suarez - Transfer Topic - (Ajax to Liverpool)
      Dec 08, 2010 12:59:49 pm
      Luis Suarez talks 'to open between Liverpool and Ajax for January move'

Liverpool could pip Spurs to the signing of Ajax striker and captain Luis Suarez, who looks set to leave the club in January.

The Uruguayan international is said to be disappointed at manager Martin Jol's departure from the club on Monday following a poor run of form.
      And Suarez, 23, has now instructed his agent to instigate talks with Ajax bosses over engineering a move away - possibly as soon as the January transfer window - according to reports in the Netherlands.

Spurs were linked with Suarez - who impressed at the World Cup in South Africa - in the summer, but a move never came to fruition.
      Arsenal were also said to be interested, although Arsene Wenger has ruled out raiding the transfer market this winter.
      But it appears Suarez favours a move to Anfield, where manager Roy Hodgson is desperate to add to his options up front.

The former Fulham boss has been eyeing up several options to play alongside star man Fernando Torres, and Suarez's movement - and his ability to play off an out-and-out striker - mark him out as a definite option.

Given his desire to leave, Hodgson is hopeful of securing the South American's signature for a bargain price of £9million - especially as the post-World Cup hype surrounding him now appears to have died down.

Aside from his talents on the ball, Suarez is best known for two controversial incidents in recent months.
      Most recently, the Ajax star was banned by his own team for biting an opponent in a domestic league match against PSV Eindhoven.
      And during the World Cup, Suarez became one of the world's most hated players overnight when he prevented Ghana from becoming the first African side to progress to a semi-final when he deliberately handballed a goal-bound shot in extra time.
      Uruguay won the match on penalties to advance to the last-four after Asamoah Gyan missed from the resulting spot-kick, awarded when Suarez was sent off.

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/849769-luis-suarez-talks-to-open-between-liverpool-and-ajax#ixzz17Wb1tB7X

Good player.
      « Last Edit: Jan 31, 2011 08:51:59 pm by JD »
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 69 
      Re: Luis Suarez (Ajax)
      Reply #1: Dec 08, 2010 01:08:17 pm
      Yes please. If you do come over and talk to Liverpool try and persuade our board to get Martin Jol in as manager while your at it.
      TonioLerouge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,170 posts | 59 
      Reply #2: Dec 08, 2010 01:27:37 pm
      At 9m he would be a real bargain.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,924 posts | 283 
      Reply #3: Dec 08, 2010 02:13:35 pm
      Nab him up quickly NESV, while hes unsettled.

This would be such a great signing, always full of energy and works the flanks too. Suarez Torres partnership with Stevie behind would be so potent and would mean we have options when players tired/injured.

Would be my favourite signing out of anyone. Maybe a target man too but as skills go this lads right up there. - Prob give reina a run for his money in goal too ;)
      Monobrow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,425 posts | 27 
      Reply #4: Dec 08, 2010 02:32:34 pm
      Isn't it nice to be linked with good players with the real belief that we might actually get them now!?
      luckofirish8
      • Forum Ron Yeats

• 454 posts | 20 
      Reply #5: Dec 08, 2010 02:44:23 pm
      My absolute favorite transfer target. Young...check. Striker...check. Bangs in goals...check. 

Please.
      Ov3rdose
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,961 posts | 17 
      Reply #6: Dec 08, 2010 02:49:16 pm
      He can score goals and could do a very good job on the wings. Would be amazing if we could get him for 9 million.
      Nissesixx
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 63 posts |
      • Liverpool has nothing to do with Texas
      Reply #7: Dec 08, 2010 03:09:54 pm
      We can't and should not miss out on this opportunity if he's in fact set on leaving Ajax. We all ready missed out on VDV thank you, Woy >:(
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #8: Dec 08, 2010 03:10:47 pm
      I wonder which reports in the Netherlands those are, since there's nothing about this in the dutch media. It's hard for me to believe that Suarez is dissapointed with Martin Jol's departure to be honest, after the bad job Jol has done this season.

9 million is a bargain for him. But I'm not as excited about him anymore as I was last year, his mentality is showing cracks. He's always wanted to win a bit too much. But this season he's been in bad form, and has been extremely frustrated on the field, which resulted in the biting incident among other things. Not the way a captain should be acting. Ofcourse he still made 7 goals in 13 games this season(and he hit the bar and post a total of 11 times in those 13 games!). But he does things that should be frowned upon, and he will do it in a red shirt as well. Although he has been trying to control himself these past 2 seasons, under high pressure he will dive or do whatever else he thinks it takes to win. In Holland he's known for his diving just as much as Robben used to be.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #9: Dec 08, 2010 03:29:04 pm
      Absolute quality player. Unfortunately will cross the line when desperate to win.
      See World Cup and Gyan's subsequent penalty miss.
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #10: Dec 08, 2010 03:30:03 pm
      about time we actually had a decent player linked with us instead of drivel and lads past it looking for one final pay day. decent player. There's always that tag of a player coming in from leagues like the Dutch league saying "sure they did it Holland but can they cut it in the Premiership?". He did score 40 odd goals in one season a year or two ago so I'm sure he can. good player, both goal-scoring striker and can drop off.

only negative point is his dirty side, such as THAT handball and the bite on the opposition player a few weeks back

EDIT: was actually 49 goals in 18 games
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,288 posts | 2806 
      Reply #11: Dec 08, 2010 03:34:39 pm
      If we get a manager that commands respect then yeah I'm for this because Suarez can be disciplined then if he steps out of line.

Whilst Hodgson's in then no, I don't think this is a wise move.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #12: Dec 08, 2010 04:04:45 pm
      9m? Don't know how anyone can say no.

What i want to know is where they pulled that quote in the title from. Why put something in quotation marks and not site it in the article? That makes me believe this is bullshit and he will sign for another club for a higher price.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #13: Dec 08, 2010 04:04:53 pm
      Do it please! I'd be dancing pants-down in Times Square if we signed Suarez. Yes he is volatile mentally, but there is no denying his talent and nose for goal. I think this would go a long way to convincing the likes of Torres and Reina that we are for real.
      YNWABairn
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      • Anti Modern Football
      Reply #14: Dec 08, 2010 05:04:23 pm
      Sign sign sign!
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #15: Dec 08, 2010 05:13:32 pm
      I said it after the "love bite" incident that I think we should try get him. As it says in the article, he would be perfect for Torres. As much as he is a controversial so and so I'd still sign, he's world class end of.
      Monobrow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,425 posts | 27 
      Reply #16: Dec 08, 2010 05:15:40 pm
      I said it after the "love bite" incident that I think we should try get him. As it says in the article, he would be perfect for Torres. As much as he is a controversial so and so I'd still sign, he's world class end of.

If he did sign when we play United Vidic would be scared shitless of him.

I mean he's scared shitless of Torres and he's never bitten anyone before.
      JFT96_LFC
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 619 posts |
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #17: Dec 08, 2010 05:19:42 pm
      Yes please. Everything you want in a striker.
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #18: Dec 08, 2010 05:24:46 pm
      If he did sign when we play United Vidic would be scared shitless of him.

I mean he's scared shitless of Torres and he's never bitten anyone before.
      Let Torres sort Vidic out and Suarez can take a few lumps out of G.Neville. :D
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #19: Dec 08, 2010 05:35:50 pm
      Great player, bit of a dick though.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #20: Dec 08, 2010 05:47:39 pm
      Let Torres sort Vidic out and Suarez can take a few lumps out of G.Neville. :D

I don't know mate, I wouldn't wish biting Neville on anyone. I mean it sounds fun but you'd have to be near him, he'd stink of sewage and probably taste like dog sh*te.
      Monobrow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,425 posts | 27 
      Reply #21: Dec 08, 2010 05:48:36 pm
      I don't know mate, I wouldn't wish biting Neville on anyone. I mean it sounds fun but you'd have to be near him, he'd stink of sewage and probably taste like dog sh*te.

you certainly wouldn't want to draw blood...!
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #22: Dec 08, 2010 05:51:04 pm
      :lmao:
      You mean Rats sh*t ;)

Quick Reply