Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

True Blood

Read 7097 times
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 9,186 posts | 1636 
      True Blood
      Dec 19, 2010 11:50:56 pm
      Anyone watch this? Only just got into this recently, so been on a bit of a catch up, just started watching season 2 now.

Really good program, and had heard good things about it, thought I might aswell check it out, F***ing love it!!
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Re: True Blood
      Reply #1: Dec 20, 2010 12:13:54 pm
      Yeah I like it.  It's kinda camp, with some really wacky storylines, especially season three but its very entertaining.  Season two was my favourite. ;)

RedWilly
      • Started Topic

• 9,186 posts | 1636 
      Reply #2: Dec 20, 2010 03:19:20 pm
      Still ain't seen season 3, so don't ruin that for me! Only watched one episode of season 2, but I know now that I will finish off watching it now, even if I find parts I don't like because I want to know what happens!!
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #3: Dec 20, 2010 04:39:05 pm
      I'll not spoil it for you mate, ;)

I watched season one when it was on Channel 4 a while back and it was a pain in the arse having to wait a week for the next episode.  With season two I managed to watch it all back to back in the space of two days, its really good.

Wish I could go back and watch it all over again for the first time.
      RedWilly
      • Started Topic

• 9,186 posts | 1636 
      Reply #4: Dec 20, 2010 10:09:13 pm
      I only started watching about 3 days ago, raced through season 1, watched about 4 episodes at a time! But i've calmed it down a bit since then, gonna drag it out, so that by the time I catch up, it will hopefully be coming towards the end of the current season and I won't have to wait a week like you are!

I'm watching them all online mate, so link for loads of TV shows here: http://www.cucirca.com/
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #5: Dec 20, 2010 10:13:16 pm
      Season 3 already ended mate. 4 doesn't start till next summer, doubt u can drag it out that much. :P
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #6: Dec 21, 2010 10:47:04 am
      F***ing love True Blood - the books are an excellent read too btw.

It's near worth watching for the opening credits and the theme tune ('Bad Things' - Jace Everett*) alone.  :D

* one of my ring-tones.  >:D

True Blood Opening Credits
      RedWilly
      • Started Topic

• 9,186 posts | 1636 
      Reply #7: Dec 21, 2010 09:36:49 pm
      ^Same, love that theme tune!!

As for what Dexter said, looks like I'm gonna have to just go mad watching the rest then!
      Brooklyn Red

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #8: Jun 24, 2011 04:55:23 pm
      Looking forward to Season 4 which kicks off this Sunday night.
      Brooklyn Red

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #9: Jul 08, 2011 12:56:29 pm
      Nobody?

I have to say that S04E02 is one of the best episodes of True Blodd I've ever seen.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #10: Jul 08, 2011 01:20:15 pm
      What's this True Blodd? Any good?

:f_tongueincheek:
      Brooklyn Red

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #11: Jul 08, 2011 01:45:31 pm
      What's this True Blodd? Any good?

:f_tongueincheek:

:P
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #12: Jul 08, 2011 02:20:23 pm
      Seriously though it's great isn't it. If you accept that literally EVERYONE in Bon Temps has some kind of supernatural connection ;D

Oh and you might get less replies because this is a primarily UK based forum and season 4 is still a while off from starting here!
      Brooklyn Red

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #13: Jul 08, 2011 02:36:19 pm
      Seriously though it's great isn't it. If you accept that literally EVERYONE in Bon Temps has some kind of supernatural connection ;D

Oh and you might get less replies because this is a primarily UK based forum and season 4 is still a while off from starting here!

:f_doh:

Glad you said that! I was ready to drop some spoilers.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,603 posts | 3843 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #14: Jul 08, 2011 02:37:13 pm

Don't you F***ing dare.

Just started watching this. The missus loves it.
      Anything with vampires in it really, but I draw the line and Twilight
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #15: Jul 08, 2011 04:52:50 pm
      I'm currently looking for a new series to get addicted, is this one a good idea?
      LFCexiled
      Reply #16: Jul 08, 2011 05:06:01 pm

Seen all the other seasons already.

Season 4 doesn't arrive in the UK till January next year. Given the wonders of the internet I've already seen ep's 1 & 2 of season 4. Shhhh.

My top Vamp is:

Hot, hot hot. :blush:
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,603 posts | 3843 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #17: Jul 08, 2011 05:19:48 pm
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #18: Jul 08, 2011 05:39:15 pm
      Nobody?

I have to say that S04E02 is one of the best episodes of True Blodd I've ever seen.

I agree with you there, it was a huge improvement over the premiere.  Bit strange everytime I see Petunia Dursley though. :D

Its lining up to be better than the mess that was season 3.  Some potentially interesting storylines been introduced in that second episode.
      Brooklyn Red

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #19: Jul 08, 2011 06:09:56 pm
      I'm currently looking for a new series to get addicted, is this one a good idea?

I like the show well enough, but I can't say I've ever suggested to anyone that they watch it. Make of that what you will.

I know you're a big fan of westerns. Have you ever watched Deadwood? One of the best programs EVER.

Brooklyn girl, you know. ;)

I agree with you there, it was a huge improvement over the premiere.  Bit strange everytime I see Petunia Dursley though. :D

Its lining up to be better than the mess that was season 3.  Some potentially interesting storylines been introduced in that second episode.

Agree on every point there, including how odd it is to see Petunia Dursley. :D

Yeah, Season 3 was a bust for sure. I really like what they're doing so far except for the bit with the fairy world. I won't say anymore, though, for those who haven't seen.
      Brooklyn Red

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #20: Jul 09, 2011 02:32:04 am
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #21: Jul 09, 2011 02:38:41 pm
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #22: Aug 29, 2011 11:36:10 pm
      Getting worse...

The latest episode probably the first I have truly hated in four seasons.

Too many pointless characters and storylines taking time away from the only interesting one, the vampires.

Whoever edited that last episode together needs shot!
      Brooklyn Red

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #23: Aug 30, 2011 12:33:33 pm
      Getting worse...

The latest episode probably the first I have truly hated in four seasons.

Too many pointless characters and storylines taking time away from the only interesting one, the vampires.

Whoever edited that last episode together needs shot!

While I generally think this show is ridiculous, I'm wondering which episode you're up to Matt. I watched the latest one last night and it wasn't the worst one I've ever seen.

Only two new episodes left for me and tbh I'm looking forward to the season being over.
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #24: Aug 30, 2011 01:05:14 pm
      While I generally think this show is ridiculous, I'm wondering which episode you're up to Matt. I watched the latest one last night and it wasn't the worst one I've ever seen.

Only two new episodes left for me and tbh I'm looking forward to the season being over.

The show is ridiculous and OTT but I have always enjoyed watching it.  I'm beginning to get fed up of each episode ending on a cliffhanger, only to be solved in the first couple of minutes of the next episode...and then filling the next 40 minutes with nonsense and set up for another cliffhanger to be dealt with in the opening minute of the following episode.

To be honest the only two characters I have enjoyed this season are King Bill and Jason.  The rest are a mish mash of boring non-entities or suffering from really bad writing. 

I'm just disappointed that a promising start has descended in another season 3.  But I will continue watching, my opinion will hopefully change in a couple of weeks.  The latest episode was a struggle to get through for me, and another cliffhanger to end with just made me want to pull my hair out!
      Brooklyn Red

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #25: Aug 30, 2011 01:08:36 pm
      For the sake of not spoiling it, was your last episode the one where they get out of the van at the end?

Couldn't agree more otherwise, especially re the cliffhanger ever episode point. I never put it into words myself, but you're exactly right.

mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #26: Aug 30, 2011 01:14:10 pm
      For the sake of not spoiling it, was your last episode the one where they get out of the van at the end?

Couldn't agree more otherwise, especially re the cliffhanger ever episode point. I never put it into words myself, but you're exactly right.

Yep.  That scene made me laugh, unintentionally I think. :D

Then the episode ended and I think I let out a ''F**k off''!!  So frustrating.
      Brooklyn Red

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #27: Aug 30, 2011 01:28:21 pm
      Yeah, that pretty much sums up my reaction, too.

:D
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #28: Sep 01, 2011 02:08:46 pm
      *episode 10 spoilers*

Just caught up with the two episodes I've missed since I been away. I think (and hope) that ending was meant to be strongly tongue in a cheek.

I actually differ in my opinion from you guys, I think it's picked up gradually this season. Started very very slowly as the storylines took a while to get going, but now it's heating up well enough with most of the more important characters. I liked the scene between Marnie and Antonia in the latest episode, and how Marnie's the one who's pushing for more war. Bill's finally growing some more balls standing up to Nan, which is good and hopefully it means we'll delve into the 'Authority' and 'other factions' that are alluded to so much.
      Brooklyn Red

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #29: Sep 05, 2011 03:01:07 am
      Pretty entertaining tonight and the preview for next week's finale actually has me excited.
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #30: Sep 05, 2011 11:54:27 am
      Pretty entertaining tonight and the preview for next week's finale actually has me excited.

Yeah that episode was much more enjoyable.  F***ing Sookie. :D

I wonder if any of the main characters are going to get killed off next week.  If it was up to me there would be a lengthy list of deaths.
      Brooklyn Red

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #31: Sep 05, 2011 01:19:53 pm
      I could come up with a few myself.

The only two I really care about are Pam & Lafayette.

And Jessica.    >:D
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #32: Sep 05, 2011 02:03:14 pm
      I could come up with a few myself.

The only two I really care about are Pam & Lafayette.

And Jessica.    >:D

Aye I like those mentioned too.

My death list would be Sookie(not happening, I know), Tara, Hoyt, Debbie, Arlene, Terry, Jesus, Luna...probably a few others I have forgotten.

Bill would have been on this at the end of season 3, but I have really liked him without Sookie.  Eric with Sookie has made me dislike him slightly. :D
      Brooklyn Red

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #33: Sep 05, 2011 03:24:10 pm
      Seems we're in 100% agreement then, Matt. I can't fault a single thing you've said.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #34: Sep 06, 2011 01:39:21 pm
      Sounds like you want to kill off most the cast matt :D

They can't kill off Arlene and Terry (maybe they could kill Terry actually) because of the possessed baby plot, Luna and Sam are either going to get together or she's going to leave the show next ep. Jesus still probably has to help Lafayette with his magical connection. The only two I could see dying could be Tara, because most people seem to hate her, and Hoyt, because that would give Jason less reason to feel guilty and actually get with Jess properly, as seems obvious.

As for this weeks episode, I enjoyed Alcide and Sam teaming up and I hope they keep involving each other in their storylines because they make quite a good team. They're also two of the characters I actually care about and enjoy watching. Glad Debbie's been exposed, she annoyed me. One particular scene I thought was good was when Jason was confronting Bill and Eric outside the emporium. Was good to see Jason get in both these ancient killing machines faces because they were contemplating blowing up his sister. The whole double suicide thing was slightly strange, even if I can see why the makers wanted to show both Bill and Eric would give their lives for Sookie.

Overall the show's not particularly strong and I think they either need a couple of really well drawn new characters next season. There's been nothing wrong with the over arching storyline this season (the necromancy, Marnie and Antoinette), the problem lies with characters that people dislike or don't care about.

Personally I think the show's coming to end of it's life cycle and shouldn't really be stretched beyond another season or two.
      Brooklyn Red

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #35: Sep 06, 2011 03:28:18 pm
      *****POSSIBLE SPOILER*****

On the point of Terry & Arlene, I wouldn't be surprised if Renee's soul pops out of Baby Mikey next week.

I agree about Sam & Alcide's partnership this week. That was just about the best I've seen of Alcide...total badass. That whole bedroom scene was pretty awesome. :D
      Meant Renee's spirit ^^^
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #36: Sep 06, 2011 03:37:40 pm
      *****POSSIBLE SPOILER*****

On the point of Terry & Arlene, I wouldn't be surprised if Renee's soul pops out of Baby Mikey next week.

I agree about Sam & Alcide's partnership this week. That was just about the best I've seen of Alcide...total badass. That whole bedroom scene was pretty awesome. :D
      Meant Renee's spirit ^^^

As BR says *Spoiler discussion!!*

I'd agree with you BR. With Lafayette's vulnerability to possession, I can also possibly see Renee inhabiting him in order to try and kill Terry/Arlene or whatever. Personally I think the Baby Mikey storyline was a bit forced from the start, so I hope they involve Lafayette because his possession/magic thing is pretty good, especially funny because it's Lafayette. Interesting he was meant to die in the first season according to the books, but everyone loved the character too much for him to be killed off.

Agree on the bedroom scene! Love the way Alcide changed his voice and suddenly became the "Alpha" that Marcus was saying he was. Very badass indeed :D
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #37: Sep 06, 2011 06:57:06 pm
      I also agree about Alcide and Sam...two characters I like and they worked really well together.  Alcide definitely could do with a bigger role in the show, that's one badass werewolf.  And a big f**ker too. ;)

Both of these characters have suffered from bad writing and being subjected to piss poor storylines.  And that is the crux of what is making True Blood suffer a lot in the past two seasons IMO.  Introducing storylines and characters only to seemingly come to a dead end and drop everything - like the were-panther crap with Jason.  There's no doubt in my mind, the writers introduce an over-arching story(the necromancy) and make the rest up as they go along.  

I've never read the books but I understand the first season followed the first book closely and the rest have veered away from them.

Brooklyn Red

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #38: Sep 30, 2011 02:00:13 pm
      Funny how no one commented on the finale!

:D
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #39: Oct 01, 2011 10:30:58 am
      I've genuinely forgotten it already. I don't think I pay much attention to True Blood when I'm watching it anymore.

Ohh wait! They DID kill off most the cast didn't they? :D
      Brooklyn Red

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #40: Oct 01, 2011 12:09:04 pm
      Ohh wait! They DID kill off most the cast didn't they? :D

Exactly!  :D
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #41: Oct 17, 2011 01:50:08 pm
      I know you're a big fan of westerns. Have you ever watched Deadwood? One of the best programs EVER.

Only saw this post now :D But yeah man, I've watched Deadwood. A friend of mine has it on DVD, they're in my house at the moment. Didn't watch the whole of it yet, but loved what I saw.

Quick Reply