Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

Tupac resurrected

Read 2393 times
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 29,423 posts | 4581 
      Tupac resurrected
      Apr 16, 2012 01:51:33 pm
      "What up, Coachella!": Tupac resurrected by incredible lifelike hologram at California festival - video

Amazing and Scarey!

Cant wait to see Legends like Micheal Jackson & Elvis next   :D

[HD 720p] Coachella 2012 - Snoop Dogg - 2pac hologram
      LFCexiled
      Re: Tupac resurrected
      Reply #1: Apr 16, 2012 02:06:39 pm
      This may be more apt.....

little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #2: Apr 16, 2012 02:36:14 pm
      Came on to post that. Looks amazing, surprises there wasn't a bigger reaction from the crowd tho to be honest.
      Bier
      Reply #3: Apr 18, 2012 03:56:38 pm
      The hologram technology is cool, but like this I don't like it. I can't help but think when watching it that it's not him, somebody else is doing those moves, it's so choreographed. What's the use of seeing a dead artist like him, when it's not actually him, just a skin that looks like him.

Tupac - 2 Of Amerikaz Most Wanted (From "Live At The House Of Blues") VIDEO ID
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #4: Apr 18, 2012 03:58:45 pm
      I liked the idea myself, thought it was a good tribute to the legend, and was also surprised at how little a reaction it got from the crowd.
      Bier
      Reply #5: Apr 18, 2012 04:46:48 pm
      Don't think it's a tribute, more an exploitation of his image for money purposes. Dr Dre is behind this and is planning to take him on tour. The funny thing is, Tupac didn't even like Dre, he regularly dissed him later on in his career.

Also, just for people wondering about the tech behind it. It isn't a real hologram apparently, but a screen, some kind of mirror technique. He's actually 2D.
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #6: Apr 18, 2012 05:00:54 pm
      Don't think it's a tribute, more an exploitation of his image for money purposes. Dr Dre is behind this and is planning to take him on tour. The funny thing is, Tupac didn't even like Dre, he regularly dissed him later on in his career.

Also, just for people wondering about the tech behind it. It isn't a real hologram apparently, but a screen, some kind of mirror technique. He's actually 2D.

I get what they're doing, having this sort of act in a tour will probably double demand and will further line Dre's pockets, but i like the other side of it, the fact that modern tech can bring back artists in a way. I know he's recorded by someone else's movements and then a skin is sort of thrown over when it's created but still, pretty cool.

Quick Reply