Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

2011's Must Have Albums

Read 37893 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Re: 2011's Must Have Albums
      Reply #46: Feb 21, 2011 04:32:18 am
      Sorry but anything Radiohead do pisses on Coldplay from a great F***ing height.

Have seen Radiohead live and F***ing loved them. I wouldn't take a free ticket to see coldplay they are that sh*t!

Just my opinion like, but then again that's what music is about, your own personal taste!
      halofreak11789
      • Forum David Johnson

• 217 posts |
      Reply #47: Feb 21, 2011 05:30:09 am
      listen to Lucidity by Tame Impala!! Good stuff
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #48: Feb 21, 2011 03:16:18 pm
      Sorry but anything Radiohead do pisses on Coldplay from a great f**king height.

Have seen Radiohead live and f**king loved them. I wouldn't take a free ticket to see coldplay they are that sh*t!

Just my opinion like, but then again that's what music is about, your own personal taste!

Obviously I'd disagree. Radiohead used to be good. Now they're about as relevant as a fart. Maybe still a great live band as shown at Glastonbury 03 (heard 97 was great but never saw that) but I prefer concerts that have mass singalongs where the whole crowd can join in like Coldplay,U2 or Oasis. Those are the very best in my view. None of Radiohead, Coldplay or Oasis come anywhere near to toppling U2 in terms of greatness and importance.
      « Last Edit: Feb 21, 2011 03:21:54 pm by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #49: Feb 21, 2011 03:27:32 pm
      Sorry but anything Radiohead do pisses on Coldplay from a great f**king height.

Have seen Radiohead live and f**king loved them. I wouldn't take a free ticket to see coldplay they are that sh*t!

Same, I didn't even like Radiohead that much when I saw them live but kicking back in a field listening to them with a joint was one amazing experience :D. Maybe it was just the drugs....

And Frankly, if you think U2 are better live or on record than Oasis you sir, are a crazy person. :P
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #50: Feb 21, 2011 03:29:15 pm
      Coldplay are just a wannabe U2 cover band. What the hell is the argument over Radiohead Vs Coldplay about?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #51: Feb 21, 2011 03:31:08 pm
      but I prefer concerts that have mass singalongs where the whole crowd can join in like Coldplay,U2 or Oasis.

Actually the mass singalong to Karma Police was F***ing boss!
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #52: Feb 21, 2011 03:40:02 pm
      Back on topic Lupe Fiasco's new album Lasers is out 8th March. Personally he's one of my favourite rappers of all time and even though he's making more and more commercial music he keeps his messages strong and clear. Listen to the second video in particular here.

This is the first single off the new album.

Lupe Fiasco - The Show Goes On [Official Music Video]

And what I think is the 2nd single, but nevertheless, another song off the album. Deep.

Lupe Fiasco - Words I Never Said ft. Skylar Grey [AUDIO]
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #53: Feb 21, 2011 03:43:01 pm
      Coldplay are just a wannabe U2 cover band. What the hell is the argument over Radiohead Vs Coldplay about?

I see Coldplay more in the Dire Straits mode from the 80s. Massively popular but also easy to slag off at the same. Both bands are boss though!
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #54: Feb 21, 2011 03:44:17 pm
      Same, I didn't even like Radiohead that much when I saw them live but kicking back in a field listening to them with a joint was one amazing experience :D. Maybe it was just the drugs....

And Frankly, if you think U2 are better live or on record than Oasis you sir, are a crazy person. :P

Well others would disagree but I ain't going to argue! Oasis were just unique! Looking forward to Beady Eye's Different Gear Still Speeding debut release next week. Heard it's been getting really good reviews. Apparently like The La's which is no bad thing.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #55: Feb 21, 2011 03:46:48 pm
      I see Coldplay more in the Dire Straits mode from the 80s. Massively popular but also easy to slag off at the same. Both bands are boss though!

They even said themselves they modeled their early music on U2 saying they would need to sort the lyrics out for the following albums. Some good music, but definitely not in the groundbreaking bracket that Radiohead are
      Chris Martin Comparing Coldplay To U2

Chris Martin compares Coldplay to U2. The Coldplay frontman, whose new album 'Viva La Vida or Death and All His Friends' is released this week, looks to the Irish rockers as a measure of success.

He said: "U2 once said they were reapplying for the job as the best band in the world. On 'Viva La Vida...' we feel like we're just reapplying to be a band again."

"I always view our albums in terms of U2 albums. 'Viva La Vida' is our 'Unforgettable Fire' in that it's less straightforward, more oblique. It's about sex and death and love and fear and travel and illness. There's light and there's dark."

Despite the critical acclaim the band have received, the 'Violet Hill' singer doesn't think Coldplay are the best band in the world.

Chris added: "The best bands in the world today are probably Arcade Fire and Sigur Ros. I think Coldplay is only the seventh best band in the world."

Earlier this week, Chris revealed he has been dreaming about U2 frontman Bono. He said: "I always dream about other musicians. And with U2 or Radiohead it's always, 'Hey, how are you doing?' And they are never interested in hanging out with us. It's a permanent feeling of being at school and the bigger boys don't want to play with you."
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #56: Feb 21, 2011 03:52:21 pm
      They even said themselves they modeled their early music on U2 saying they would need to sort the lyrics out for the following albums. Some good music, but definitely not in the groundbreaking bracket that Radiohead are
      Chris Martin Comparing Coldplay To U2

Chris Martin compares Coldplay to U2. The Coldplay frontman, whose new album 'Viva La Vida or Death and All His Friends' is released this week, looks to the Irish rockers as a measure of success.

He said: "U2 once said they were reapplying for the job as the best band in the world. On 'Viva La Vida...' we feel like we're just reapplying to be a band again."

"I always view our albums in terms of U2 albums. 'Viva La Vida' is our 'Unforgettable Fire' in that it's less straightforward, more oblique. It's about sex and death and love and fear and travel and illness. There's light and there's dark."

Despite the critical acclaim the band have received, the 'Violet Hill' singer doesn't think Coldplay are the best band in the world.

Chris added: "The best bands in the world today are probably Arcade Fire and Sigur Ros. I think Coldplay is only the seventh best band in the world."

Earlier this week, Chris revealed he has been dreaming about U2 frontman Bono. He said: "I always dream about other musicians. And with U2 or Radiohead it's always, 'Hey, how are you doing?' And they are never interested in hanging out with us. It's a permanent feeling of being at school and the bigger boys don't want to play with you."

Chris Martin has actually said A-ha are one of Coldplay's biggest influence. Too right! A horribly underrated pop group were -ha!
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #57: Feb 21, 2011 03:57:10 pm
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #58: Feb 21, 2011 04:09:38 pm
      Coldplay - U2 with a piano! Nice description! I would say that had there been no U2 then there'd be no Radiohead as well. If you listen to Zooropa from U2 then there's a lot of DNA taken from it and put in OK Computer. Same as The Unforgettable Fire - that album is just stunning ambience wise.

Oh and racer - Bahrain GP called off.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #59: Feb 21, 2011 04:24:48 pm
      Coldplay - U2 with a piano! Nice description! I would say that had there been no U2 then there'd be no Radiohead as well. If you listen to Zooropa from U2 then there's a lot of DNA taken from it and put in OK Computer. Same as The Unforgettable Fire - that album is just stunning ambience wise.

Oh and racer - Bahrain GP called off.

Just seen that on Autosport.
      You beat me to it
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #60: Feb 21, 2011 05:51:48 pm
      Well, he's just gone up in my estimation with that comment about Arcade Fire.
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #61: Feb 21, 2011 05:57:22 pm
      Elbow, Miles Kane, The Strokes, Arctic Monkeys and The Vaccines
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #62: Feb 21, 2011 06:53:22 pm
      Well, he's just gone up in my estimation with that comment about Arcade Fire.

Can't get enough of Arcade Fire at the moment! Especially this tune. Definitely the one band out there at the top of their game and setting the standards!

Music Vid: Arcade Fire - Sprawl II (Mountains Beyond Mountains), from Skiffleboom.com
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #63: Feb 21, 2011 07:12:18 pm

Who knows?  :f_whistle:

Anyone listened to Strokes' new song yet? Can't post a link now, but it's on youtube - "Under Cover of Darkness", search for it.

I thought it was quite good, catchy song. More of the same, but good as they usually are. Looking forward to the rest of the album.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #64: Feb 21, 2011 07:31:02 pm
      Can't get enough of Arcade Fire at the moment! Especially this tune. Definitely the one band out there at the top of their game and setting the standards!

Music Vid: Arcade Fire - Sprawl II (Mountains Beyond Mountains), from Skiffleboom.com

Agree mate and that's my favourite from the album. Arcade Fire are the best band around at the minute.

Also Sigur Ros who Chris Martin mentioned. Amazing band.Anyone else a fan?
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #65: Feb 21, 2011 07:46:34 pm

U2 are a big influence on Chris Martin. Like any band, the lead singer has one main band/singer who inspired him to start writing music.

Because Chris Martin talks about how he likes U2 alot, people start to assume he wants to be just like them. I don't think they sound alike in any way whatsoever. Plus Chris is a genuinely nice and modest man. Bono's had his head up his own arse all his life.

As for Coldplay Vs Radiohead. Why do people feel compelled to compare bands and choose the better one all the time? I like both of them alot. And I'd leave it at that.

Looking forward to Radioheads new album and Coldplays which is due around Autumn. Although Coldplay are headlining Glastonbury, and I would have expected them to have had lp5 out for a bit by then.
      I reckon they'll be 2 of the best albums of the year.
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #66: Feb 21, 2011 08:00:08 pm
      Who knows?  :f_whistle:

Anyone listened to Strokes' new song yet? Can't post a link now, but it's on youtube - "Under Cover of Darkness", search for it.

I thought it was quite good, catchy song. More of the same, but good as they usually are. Looking forward to the rest of the album.

Yeah I've heard it, it's good, exactly what I'm expecting from the new album, the band said it would be back to the same sound as the first album.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #67: Feb 21, 2011 08:13:53 pm
      Plus Chris is a genuinely nice and modest man.

Saying "my band isn't the best in the world, we're just 7th" is such fake modesty.
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #68: Feb 21, 2011 11:49:20 pm
      Saying "my band isn't the best in the world, we're just 7th" is such fake modesty.

That's just his sense of humour mate.

Everyone who knows him goes on about how much of a nice guy he is.

He probably does know he's the creator of one of the biggest bands in the world today. Saying "Yeah, you're right" would be pretty cocky. Saying, "No, we're sh*t" would be obviously a lie, or would sound too sarcastic.

It's a way of just getting around an awkward question in an interview.

Quick Reply