Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

2011's Must Have Albums

Read 37888 times
      Brooklyn Red
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Re: 2011's Must Have Albums
      Reply #115: Mar 14, 2011 06:16:17 pm
      The new ...And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead album, Tao of the Dead, is excellent.

Sadly, I'm not really feeling the new Rival Schools like I did when I first listened to it.
      bradders
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 28 posts |
      • since I was knee high to a grasshopper!
      Reply #116: Mar 18, 2011 04:21:11 am
      I'm loving Adele's 21, and can't wait for a new U2 album to come out
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #117: Mar 21, 2011 02:22:56 pm
      Unfortunately I was too young for the first coming of the Strokes but I'm loving the new stuff out this year

I've tried to like this offering I really have as I'm a fan of the Strokes (particularly live) but jaysus - this is ordinary. Catchy enough here and there but by no means worth a five year wait.

I'm sure enough folk will like it enough; if for no other reason other than 'loyalty'. Too many unmemorable tracks, i'm afraid.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #118: Mar 21, 2011 03:19:10 pm
      I've tried to like this offering I really have as I'm a fan of the Strokes (particularly live) but jaysus - this is ordinary. Catchy enough here and there but by no means worth a five year wait.

I'm sure enough folk will like it enough; if for no other reason other than 'loyalty'. Too many unmemorable tracks, I'm afraid.

Have to agree with most of that. Not saying it's a bad album, actually I've been listening to it quite a lot since it's out, but definitely not their most inspired work. I'm a huge Strokes fan, particularly their debut album, and their gig @ Rio back in 2005 was one of the best I've ever been to, but I'm not impressed.
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #119: Mar 21, 2011 03:44:37 pm
      Well I like it :) I wasn't expecting it to be as good as Is This it, and it isn't, mainly seeing as the way it was recorded was so ridiculous, Nick Valensi, the lead guitarist said he never wants to record another album in the same way as Angles, where everything was done separately and the band was hardly ever in the studio together, but i still think there are some decent catchy songs that stick in your head, mainly: Under cover of darkness, machu picchu, taken for a fool, call me back, life is simple in the moonlight.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #120: Mar 21, 2011 03:47:33 pm
      Chapel Clubs album is great, hopefully not another case of over-hyped upcoming band.

Gruff Rhys's latest solo album is quality too, he is so underated IMO.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #121: Mar 21, 2011 05:04:43 pm
      Adele Reveals Second Album Details

Adele has announced details of the follow up to her hugely successful 2008 debut album '19'. Following in that album's footsteps, Adele's second record will be called '21' and is set for release in Ireland on January 21st.

Most of the album was made in Malibu with the respected producer Rick Rubin (Johnny Cash, Jay Z, Red Hot Chilli Peppers) and back in Kensal Rise in London with Paul Epworth (Plan B, Bloc Party, Florence). Adele has said the album has been influenced by the music of Wanda Jackson, Andrew Bird, Mary J Blige, Mos Def, Elbow, Tom Waits and Kanye West amongst others, so expect it to be a somewhat eclectic affair.

Speaking of the release the Grammy Award winning singer said "I'm very excited, nervous, eager, anxious but chuffed to announce my new album! It's taken a while and it knocked me for six when writing it. It's different from '19', it's about the same things but in a different light. I deal with things differently now. I'm more patient, more honest, more forgiving and more aware of my own flaws, habits and principles. Something that comes with age I think. So fittingly this record is called '21'. The whole reason I called my first album '19' was about cataloguing what happened to me then and who I was then, like a photo album you see the progression and changes in a person throughout the years".

The first single to be taken from the album will be "Rolling In The Deep", due for release on Friday January 14th. Written and produced by Adele and award winning British producer Paul Epworth, she has described the track as a "dark bluesy gospel disco tune".

I must be suffering some form of alcohol/cigarette/drug lapse but I love this album

The BRIT Awards 2011 - Adele sings Someone Like You

Ignore the tw*t at the start
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #122: Mar 21, 2011 05:16:48 pm

I'm sure enough folk will like it enough; if for no other reason other than 'loyalty'. Too many unmemorable tracks, i'm afraid.

I was gonna buy the hard copy too. I do that for bands that I reckon are really worth it. Is it worth it?
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #123: Mar 21, 2011 05:47:46 pm
      I was gonna buy the hard copy too. I do that for bands that I reckon are really worth it. Is it worth it?

Each to their own LL - not the worst album i've ever heard; just not worth the wait. If I had a few quid (for only one album) i'd spend it on something else. ...The View's - 'Bread And Circuses', for e.g. ....an offering with less filler and more worth the 'must have' tag than 'Angles' (IMO).  :nod:
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #124: Mar 21, 2011 05:56:58 pm
      author=racerx34 link=topic

Adele has announced details of the follow up to her hugely successful 2008 debut album '19'. Following in that album's footsteps, Adele's second record will be called '21' and is set for release in Ireland on January 21st.

Most of the album was made in Malibu with the respected producer Rick Rubin (Johnny Cash, Jay Z, Red Hot Chilli Peppers) and back in Kensal Rise in London with Paul Epworth (Plan B, Bloc Party, Florence). Adele has said the album has been influenced by the music of Wanda Jackson, Andrew Bird, Mary J Blige, Mos Def, Elbow, Tom Waits and Kanye West amongst others, so expect it to be a somewhat eclectic affair.

Speaking of the release the Grammy Award winning singer said "I'm very excited, nervous, eager, anxious but chuffed to announce my new album! It's taken a while and it knocked me for six when writing it. It's different from '19', it's about the same things but in a different light. I deal with things differently now. I'm more patient, more honest, more forgiving and more aware of my own flaws, habits and principles. Something that comes with age I think. So fittingly this record is called '21'. The whole reason I called my first album '19' was about cataloguing what happened to me then and who I was then, like a photo album you see the progression and changes in a person throughout the years".

The first single to be taken from the album will be "Rolling In The Deep", due for release on Friday January 14th. Written and produced by Adele and award winning British producer Paul Epworth, she has described the track as a "dark bluesy gospel disco tune".[/news]

I must be suffering some form of alcohol/cigarette/drug lapse but I love this album

He is a tw*t isn't he.
      Brilliant track Adele has the voice of an angel.
      « Last Edit: Mar 24, 2011 08:46:26 am by stuey »
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #125: Mar 21, 2011 06:01:24 pm
      I don't get him at all Stu
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #126: Mar 21, 2011 06:11:33 pm
      A really good album is Come Around Sundown by the Kings Of Leon it's a bit mainstream but really well produced.

He's about as funny as toothache mate.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #127: Mar 21, 2011 06:30:24 pm
      Chapel Clubs album is great, hopefully not another case of over-hyped upcoming band.

Agreed. Saw them in Liverpool a few months back and they were great.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #128: Mar 21, 2011 10:05:47 pm
      Adele Reveals Second Album Details

The first single to be taken from the album will be "Rolling In The Deep", due for release on Friday January 14th. Written and produced by Adele and award winning British producer Paul Epworth, she has described the track as a "dark bluesy gospel disco tune".

Just got her '21' Album....it's brilliant.
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #129: Mar 21, 2011 10:14:32 pm
      Not a huge fan of the whole album, but I love that Rolling in the Deep song by her. Reminds me of an ex, makes me nostalgic, probably not the only person who has that. :P
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #130: Mar 21, 2011 10:55:43 pm
      I have certain songs like that. Bring me back thinking about certain exs. Mostly fondly
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #131: Mar 22, 2011 04:35:44 pm
      5 more good hip hop albums released over the past few weeks:

360° Deal - Da Circle
      Oneirology - CunninLynguists
      Heroes In The Healing Of The Nation - Zion I & The Grouch
      W.A.R. (We Are Renegades) - Pharoahe Monch
      True Theory - Luck-One

PS: Don't get your hopes up about "Detox" by Dr. Dre - it's so incredibly sh*t and don't say I didn't warn you.
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #132: Mar 23, 2011 05:55:29 pm

5 more good hip hop albums released over the past few weeks:

360° Deal - Da Circle
      Oneirology - CunninLynguists
      Heroes In The Healing Of The Nation - Zion I & The Grouch
      W.A.R. (We Are Renegades) - Pharoahe Monch
      True Theory - Luck-One

PS: Don't get your hopes up about "Detox" by Dr. Dre - it's so incredibly sh*t and don't say I didn't warn you.
      :roll: He's off agian.

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #133: Mar 24, 2011 02:04:46 pm
      Example's new song is getting it's first play tonight on radio, it's a fucknig tune!
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #134: Apr 08, 2011 10:27:37 pm
      Bought REM's latest album Collapse Into Now today.

Listening to it now and it's fab.
      Brooklyn Red
      • Started Topic

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #135: Apr 08, 2011 10:58:58 pm
      Really liking The Pains of Being Pure at Heart's new one, Belong. Their first was quite good, too.

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #136: Apr 08, 2011 11:03:04 pm
      I'm hearing that Katy B's one out now/soon is the best edgey pop album of the year, must try and get it, just to see what it's like.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #137: Apr 10, 2011 06:38:28 pm
      Been giving the Foos new offering 'Wasting Light' a good rattling for a couple of days now - it's good to have them back and very much rejuvenated, in my opinion. The songs (to my ear) are bigger and the production 'different' but still very much Foo Fighter macho, stadium cock-rock; if that makes sense.

All round - a F***ing cracking album and their best since TCATS, in my humble.

Like them or loathe them; this is very much a must have.  >:D

:action-smiley-035:

Foo Fighters (Walk)

« Last Edit: Apr 10, 2011 06:44:08 pm by bad boy bubby »

Quick Reply