Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 1st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D5 L8

Kenny Dalglish - Liverpool Manager

Read 545991 times
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,157 posts | 261 
      Re: Kenny Dalglish - Liverpool Manager
      Reply #138: Jan 08, 2011 06:20:36 pm
      This is just the start to one of the greatest weeks in Liverpool's history. Any week where we get the chance to tw*t United and Everton in the same week has the possibility of being great but starting it by welcoming the King home gives it extra spice.

That's right dls mate, will be in heaven if we can beat them both to celebrate our glory future hope.

Now I'm just thinking how lucky as LFC fan I am, with some great memory of the '80 (even it's not much bright ones :), great bright fresh memory of Istanbul 2005, Rafa's team destroyed Real Madrid/United and today come back of our conquerer the great king. I'm a lucky one don't me ?
      molby86
      • Forum David Johnson

• 239 posts |
      • Best left foot ever.........
      Reply #139: Jan 08, 2011 06:22:16 pm
      Woke up today to a text letting me know Kenny was coming back. Friggin' chuffed!!!

I can't wait for the rest of the season now - and Sir Alex will be chewing his nails tonight
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #140: Jan 08, 2011 06:23:36 pm
      Surely to F**k his first task will be dispatching the ex-wimbledon keeper that trys to pretend he is a coach Mike Kelly
      CORNISH
      • Forum David Johnson

• 234 posts |
      Reply #141: Jan 08, 2011 06:23:37 pm

come on then mate, help an old forgetful git out and tell me what ive missed.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #142: Jan 08, 2011 06:27:42 pm
      Something needs to be sparked into life with the team and only one man can do that and it's Kenny. It's wonderful really. Most importantly if he's to inspire one player more than ever it will be Steven Gerrard and we all know what happens when Gerrard is inspired!
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #143: Jan 08, 2011 06:30:27 pm
      any word on the backroom team yet?
      SL
      • Forum David Johnson

• 233 posts |
      • The King is back!!
      Reply #144: Jan 08, 2011 06:33:25 pm
      I hope Thomo , Rushie and Aldo all have a role.
      Dynami:t
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 701 posts | 31 
      Reply #145: Jan 08, 2011 06:33:48 pm
      Welcome back Kenny ! Show the Mancs what we are made of !
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #146: Jan 08, 2011 06:34:16 pm
      I wonder now with Kenny appointment will we be active in the transfer market
      aw1
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,303 posts | 22 
      Reply #147: Jan 08, 2011 06:34:51 pm
      "The King is still alive."

Breaking News believed to have caused earthquakes around the Goodison and Manchester areas.

2011 has started with fireworks.
      LFC Viking
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,112 posts | 38 
      • LFC: Europe's finest 5 star establishment
      Reply #148: Jan 08, 2011 06:52:04 pm
      Shall be interested to see who, if any we sign now, and also who the media links us with.

I'm sure they're all gutted they can't link us with Cole, Huth and the like.

Instead of dreading tomorrow's math and the derby I'm proper excited.

It sounds so good to hear "Kenny Dalglish- Liverpool Manager" rather than Roy Hodgson
      RedWilly

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #149: Jan 08, 2011 06:56:42 pm
      Welcome back Kenny. When I found out I was so excited and happy, just hope that the players can do him proud, because if Kenny can't get them playing, then noone can.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #150: Jan 08, 2011 06:58:28 pm
      Some of fans of other clubs are F***ing hillarious on talksport, the last one a Spurs fan takes the F***ing biscuit, Poulsen Konchesky AGGER, Skrtel are championship players.

Agger are you F***ing serious yer defence is comical. Saying we are living in the past not a big club.

We need to spend £150 million. Hodgson  was harshly treated. What all these F***ing apes seem to forget is our fan base is much much larger than theirs. One good season doesn't make you a big club.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #151: Jan 08, 2011 07:13:37 pm
      Nice of the former players to give their backing. This time, I approve  :D

Alonso on Kenny appointment

Xabi Alonso has responded to Liverpool's appointment of Kenny Dalglish as manager until the end of the season by sending his best wishes to the iconic Scot.

Within minutes of the news of Roy Hodgson's departure breaking on Liverpoolfc.tv, the Spanish star logged onto his official Twitter page to express his delight.

Alonso wrote: "Good luck King Kenny!!"

His message was quickly re-tweeted by another former Red and Alonso's current Real Madrid teammate Alvaro Arbeola.

Meanwhile, Dalglish's son, Paul, admitted he felt sad to see Hodgson leave the club, but is delighted his father is back at the helm.

He tweeted: "Kenneth the hr Kenneth the man.Bitter sweet 4 me as wanted Roy 2 succeed but it'll make me so proud 2 see Dad in charge at the club he loves."

Dalglish's first game back in charge of the Reds is against Manchester United in the FA Cup third round at Old Trafford on Sunday.

United defender Rio Ferdinand reckons the news will add extra spice to the occasion.

Writing on Twitter, he said: "Can't wait for our massive game tweeps, changing of manager definately makes it an even more interesting game if anything!"

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/alonso-on-kenny-appointment
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #152: Jan 08, 2011 07:13:54 pm
      What is Kenny's preferred formation? I know he was a manger during the 4-4-2 days, but surely he doesn't have an archaic footballing mind.

I recall him playing 4-4-2 and 4-4-1-1 with Beardsley in the hole.  I think he played similar at Blackburn.  I think he had a spell with 4-5-1 at Newcastle.  I think tomorrow we may see the return of a 4-2-3-1 pressing game, not giving them an inch to play.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #153: Jan 08, 2011 07:15:23 pm
      Some of fans of other clubs are F***ing hillarious on talksport, the last one a Spurs fan takes the F***ing biscuit, Poulsen Konchesky AGGER, Skrtel are championship players.

Agger are you F***ing serious yer defence is comical. Saying we are living in the past not a big club.

We need to spend £150 million. Hodgson  was harshly treated. What all these F***ing apes seem to forget is our fan base is much much larger than theirs. One good season doesn't make you a big club.

Chill out kidda. You're ranting about what spurs fans think. Have a think about it.  ;)

All hail the King!
      redtiptoe
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 317 posts |
      Reply #154: Jan 08, 2011 07:32:57 pm
      Get in so happy He'll get the most out of the players. Can anyone remember what his relationship was with Whiskey Nose i was a  bit to young to remeber any politics  back in his first reign.

Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #155: Jan 08, 2011 07:35:24 pm
      Cannot wait for this F***ing match tommorow now, even if we lose, so F***ing up for it its unreal.

Pretty convinced seeing Kenny in the dugout will give me a semi.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,462 posts | 4591 
      Reply #156: Jan 08, 2011 07:39:34 pm
      18 i was at the time kenny left and i never believed that i will witness 2 things again 1) we win the champions leauge 2)Return of the king.

Ive got crows feet and my jaw is F***ing aching as ive been doing what all us reds have been doing all day and that is smiling knowing kenny is back in charge be it for the short term and fergie has just knocked back another bottle of whiskey.

Good times ahead.

Welcome back to the dug out boss.
      Volle
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 770 posts |
      • Champions 2019/20
      Reply #157: Jan 08, 2011 08:25:16 pm
      The thread title gives me the shivers, the optimism of the fans is finally back and who knows ? It COULD be the permanent solution. WELCOME HOME KING KENNY !!
      onecoolcookie
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 653 posts | 10 
      • YNWA JFT96
      Reply #158: Jan 08, 2011 08:45:35 pm
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #159: Jan 08, 2011 09:06:51 pm
      Whoever said the king is dead long live the king?
      MsGerrard
      Reply #160: Jan 08, 2011 09:14:07 pm

The king is back...welcome Kenny Dalglish - Legend.

Quick Reply