Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Pundits and Commentators

Read 441195 times
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,191 posts | 1274 
      Re: Pundits and Commentators
      Reply #851: Jun 12, 2016 10:45:29 pm
      Mad Jens was brilliant in the commentary box. Conor McNamara alongside him made a perfect combination.

Meanwhile, we have to make do with utter dross on the TV. I'm struggling to think of anyone good employed for the TV side of things.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #852: Jun 13, 2016 10:04:31 pm
      Ha ha! Jens Lehmann very politely but ruthlessly dismissing Jermaine Jenas's opinion on 5 Live! Love this guy! Also I think he might have been drunk when he recorded this? He's definitely on something.

https://twitter.com/jenslehmann/status/742447977067909120
      Fowler#23
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 872 posts | 37 
      Reply #853: Jun 14, 2016 02:40:56 am
      I'm normally quite good and ignoring the sh*te that gets uttered during matches, but did anyone watch the Spain v Czech match. I might be wrong and correct me if I am but it sounded like Lee Dixon alongside the commentator for the match.

The game was constant Spain pressure against a bang average Czech team, Dixon (if it was him) was drooling over Iniesta's use of the ball. I admit the lad is an unbelievable talent and his eye for a pass is as good as anybody playing the game, so why am I commenting here?

Well it got to around 75 minute mark and mid game while Spain are passing at will around the tired Czech midfield, Dixon starts!

'Have you ever sat and thought about which super power you'd have?'
      Silence comes from his fellow commentator (he's clearly thinking what the F**k you on about Dicko you do know we're live).

'You know super powers, like I like to be invisible for the day or I'd love to be able to fly'
      Still there's no reply, he's clearly now just talking to himself but he doesn't stop!

'If I could pick 1 super power to have, it would be to be in Andreas Iniestas head for the day! Just to find out how his mind works and what he sees'
      SILENCE

The response said it all, he gets paid for this. FFS
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #854: Jun 14, 2016 09:42:43 am
      Rio "Ee turns, ee sprints, gets away from his man, see you ley'a" Ferdinand...

I would drag my balls over heated razor blades to never hear him speak again...
      Kopite78
      Reply #855: Jun 14, 2016 10:18:49 am
      Rio "Ee turns, ee sprints, gets away from his man, see you ley'a" Ferdinand...

I would drag my balls over heated razor blades to never hear him speak again...

After you've done with the razor give it to him cause he looks a right bell with that beard, I'm a fan of a beard but he is one of the only men who just look sh*te, I mean ugly f**ker and all that but it doesn't cover that, he'd look better with a bag over his head

Rooney must be so f**king gutted as Rio has more hair on his top lip than Wayne has on his head
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #856: Jun 14, 2016 04:50:54 pm
      BBC, on the whole, are miles better than ITV for football coverage. Bilic has added a bit to the ITV punditry team however, whilst Ferdinand has massively negated the usefulness of BBC's.

In terms of commentators, Tyldesley is horrendous. Not only are his nasal tones impossible to listen to, the things he says are beyond ridiculous too. Doesn't help having either of Townsend or that wet gimp Hoddle next to him.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #857: Jun 14, 2016 09:46:34 pm
      After you've done with the razor give it to him cause he looks a right bell with that beard, I'm a fan of a beard but he is one of the only men who just look sh*te, I mean ugly f**ker and all that but it doesn't cover that, he'd look better with a bag over his head

Rooney must be so f**king gutted as Rio has more hair on his top lip than Wayne has on his head

Ok lads admit it, who on here is old enough to remember or had  'Action man' as a kid, ? There was two I think initially, and who took his camouflaged trousers off to see if he had a dick,(sh*t, shouldn't have mentioned that bit  ;D ), anyhoo, remember the bloke with the beard......

.....well he's grown up and works for bbc as a sh*t footie pundit...

....wish to f**k some f**ker would shoot him !!

YNWA
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #858: Jun 21, 2016 02:27:50 am
      Watched MOTD highlights. Danny Murphy's unwaivered support for Hodgson and refusal to criticise him makes me queasy.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #859: Jun 22, 2016 12:02:55 pm
      Watched MOTD highlights. Danny Murphy's unwaivered support for Hodgson and refusal to criticise him makes me queasy.

Finger and throat come to mind .
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #860: Jun 22, 2016 12:30:41 pm

Sorry to ramble on about England but why would Danny criticise Hodgson?

We breezed through the qualifiers and even though we didn't top our group, we completely dominated all three games and to be honest, it just fell down to bad luck for us not winning all three. Russia scored a flukey goal and we couldn't break Slovakia down despite having 20+ attempts. It happens sometimes in football, but I don't think Hodgson or the team are worthy of any criticism just yet. We've looked good in all three games in my opinion and no other team have dominated all their matches the way we have.

You could perhaps criticise Hodgson for making six changes for the game V Slovakia which everybody seemed to make a big deal of  before the game. I personally didn't think there was any problem with that though. The 11 are clearly good enough to beat Slovakia and they battered them from start to finish but just couldn't put the ball in the back of the net. Kane, Sterling and Alli all needed replacing after their displays against Wales in my opinion and Sturridge and Vardy definitely deserved a start as well. Changing the full backs was a little odd but Clyne and Bertrand both played well and neither made any defensive errors & kept a clean sheet so it's pretty irrelevant anyway.

Think he's done well Hodgson to be fair to him so don't see any reason why Murphy would lay into him? I don't think Danny having played under Roy is a factor of refusing to criticise him which you may be suggesting.

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #861: Jun 22, 2016 01:46:58 pm
      Sorry to ramble on about England but why would Danny criticise Hodgson?

We breezed through the qualifiers and even though we didn't top our group, we completely dominated all three games and to be honest, it just fell down to bad luck for us not winning all three. Russia scored a flukey goal and we couldn't break Slovakia down despite having 20+ attempts. It happens sometimes in football, but I don't think Hodgson or the team are worthy of any criticism just yet. We've looked good in all three games in my opinion and no other team have dominated all their matches the way we have.

You could perhaps criticise Hodgson for making six changes for the game V Slovakia which everybody seemed to make a big deal of  before the game. I personally didn't think there was any problem with that though. The 11 are clearly good enough to beat Slovakia and they battered them from start to finish but just couldn't put the ball in the back of the net. Kane, Sterling and Alli all needed replacing after their displays against Wales in my opinion and Sturridge and Vardy definitely deserved a start as well. Changing the full backs was a little odd but Clyne and Bertrand both played well and neither made any defensive errors & kept a clean sheet so it's pretty irrelevant anyway.

Think he's done well Hodgson to be fair to him so don't see any reason why Murphy would lay into him? I don't think Danny having played under Roy is a factor of refusing to criticise him which you may be suggesting.

I don't have an issue with Hodgson bringing in 6 fresh faces. Like yourself I actually think they made England more threatening than the sides he started against Russia and Wales.

No - the problem is thinking he can setup 4-3-3 and believe that is all you have to do. England played in straight lines against Slovakia and seemed content to just pass it in front of two banks of Slovakian defence. Pathetic. The only movement that occurred off the ball happened, unsurprisingly, from the Liverpool quartet of Lallana, Hendo, Clyne and Sturridge. Hendo and Clyne in particular combining brilliantly and showing dynamism. You'd be a fool to think that was planned on the England training field. Nope - it was taken from Melwood with our Redmen choosing to play what they knew best. It was the only good thing about England's performance. They dominated possession, but Slovakia dominated territory. Dominance of possession does not equal dominance of the game. And England didn't dominate. Dominated possession yes but that was all they did. They did remarkably little with it and those last 20 minutes in particular against Slovakia were shocking. Take into account that his subs were not subtle or designed to change the shape of the team in any way and you realise, once more, that Hodgson leaves a lot to be desired. If you think 'doing well' is finishing second in a group with Russia, Slovakia and Wales while Croatia top a group with Spain, Czechs and Turkey then all I can say is that Hodgson really has achieved his objective of lowering expectations to basement level.

But of course, we all know about that (or at least you'd think most of us would remember) when we were told just a few weeks into his reign at this club that we were fighting a relegation battle and to come out of it would be a success.

I'd rather choose to listen to Slaven Bilic over on ITV as opposed to Murphy when he said 'Why are you praising England for having possession in a game where the opponent allowed you to have possession?' But there's a man who knows his onions.
      « Last Edit: Jun 22, 2016 05:53:36 pm by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #862: Jun 23, 2016 10:22:23 am
      I don't have an issue with Hodgson bringing in 6 fresh faces. Like yourself I actually think they made England more threatening than the sides he started against Russia and Wales.

No - the problem is thinking he can setup 4-3-3 and believe that is all you have to do. England played in straight lines against Slovakia and seemed content to just pass it in front of two banks of Slovakian defence. Pathetic. The only movement that occurred off the ball happened, unsurprisingly, from the Liverpool quartet of Lallana, Hendo, Clyne and Sturridge. Hendo and Clyne in particular combining brilliantly and showing dynamism. You'd be a fool to think that was planned on the England training field. Nope - it was taken from Melwood with our Redmen choosing to play what they knew best. It was the only good thing about England's performance. They dominated possession, but Slovakia dominated territory. Dominance of possession does not equal dominance of the game. And England didn't dominate. Dominated possession yes but that was all they did. They did remarkably little with it and those last 20 minutes in particular against Slovakia were shocking. Take into account that his subs were not subtle or designed to change the shape of the team in any way and you realise, once more, that Hodgson leaves a lot to be desired. If you think 'doing well' is finishing second in a group with Russia, Slovakia and Wales while Croatia top a group with Spain, Czechs and Turkey then all I can say is that Hodgson really has achieved his objective of lowering expectations to basement level.

But of course, we all know about that (or at least you'd think most of us would remember) when we were told just a few weeks into his reign at this club that we were fighting a relegation battle and to come out of it would be a success.

I'd rather choose to listen to Slaven Bilic over on ITV as opposed to Murphy when he said 'Why are you praising England for having possession in a game where the opponent allowed you to have possession?' But there's a man who knows his onions.

Stop moannning! Think you are right though.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #863: Jun 26, 2016 03:58:33 pm
      If I hear Sam Matterface butcher another player's name again, I'll lose the plot!!!
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #864: Jun 26, 2016 04:01:22 pm
      Loves a good ball in the box does Andy Townsend.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #865: Jun 26, 2016 09:39:26 pm
      Say this every time but Martin Keown compiles every one of his sentences using a similie or a cliché.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #866: Jul 10, 2016 10:34:16 pm
      Danny Murphy trending at the top on Twitter tonight. No need to explain why...
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #867: Jul 10, 2016 10:37:35 pm

no wonder Rafa binned him what a chump
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #868: Jul 10, 2016 10:56:12 pm
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #869: Jul 11, 2016 12:18:05 am

Absolutely dreadful.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #870: Jul 11, 2016 12:25:15 am

Fortunately for us border police are on full alert awaiting his arrival back from France.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #871: Aug 07, 2016 10:50:07 pm
      Danny Murphy creaming himself every time Vardy touches the ball is really going to grate this season.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #872: Aug 07, 2016 11:12:44 pm
      can't stand Murphy he is not a patch on Macca
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #873: Aug 13, 2016 12:51:42 pm
      Saw Football Focus for the first time in ages. Eilidh Barbour should be presenting more. She's terrific. And it's a relief to watch a BBC football programme without Danny Murphy. Kilbane and Sinclair might not be the most revelatory of pundits but so much better and more bearable than Murphy and Shearer.

Quick Reply