Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pundits and Commentators

Read 429974 times
      TheShanklyGates
      • Forum Ian St John

• 438 posts |
      Re: Pundits and Commentators.
      Reply #276: Apr 16, 2014 03:44:12 am
      Can't stand Jim Beglin for the same reasons as everyone has said. Lawro because he seems to constantly make cheeky,condescending,patronising,snidey comments. Adrian Chiles,don't need to explain,how he has still got a job with ITV I do not know. Why has he got a job presenting and commenting on champions league games?! Hes a west brom fan! They are to the champions league what Rooney is theoretical physics. He shouldn't be near a CL game. I agree with everyone I've seen you all mention like Clark Carlisle so trying to think of a couple I've not seen mentioned. Michael Owen is one,his commentary would put you to sleep. That droning monotone voice adding nothing new or insightful. He doesn't commentate on prem games,only La Liga games but I can't stand Gerry Armstrong. He couldn't get his head further up Ronaldo and Real Madrid's arse if he tried. He doesn't even attempt to call games down the middle. He'd be my first choice to remove from tv. One that luckily and thankfully you don't get in England is Rob Mclean. Any reds living up here in Scotland will know exactly why I'm including him. Honest to god he makes Chiles look the life and soul of the party. Mr absolute zero personality. Luckily for the rest of the UK he only does Scottish games and if there's anyone tuning into Scottish games for the first time won't be wanting to come back,yes the quality of football is dreadful but he does nothing to improve it or make it seem interesting/exciting.

As for ones I do like. Neville,hated him as a player but think he's great as a pundit. Carra,obviously. One of few ex players that doesn't rip into us at any given opportunity and I think him and Neville are great working together. Geoff Shreeves is another I like. Think all the guys on soccer Saturday are brilliant. I used to not be able to stand Souness but think he's got a lot better this season. One I find splits opinion is Jamie Redknapp,I think he's one of the best. Says it exactly as it is. Gordon Strachan is another I really enjoy listening to,you can tell he loves football and could talk about it all day. Savage is great as well and one last one that comes across well everytime I've seen him on tv is John Hartson.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #277: Apr 16, 2014 04:13:14 am
      Can't stand Jim Beglin for the same reasons as everyone has said. Lawro because he seems to constantly make cheeky,condescending,patronising,snidey comments. Adrian Chiles,don't need to explain,how he has still got a job with ITV I do not know. Why has he got a job presenting and commenting on champions league games?! Hes a west brom fan! They are to the champions league what Rooney is theoretical physics. He shouldn't be near a CL game. I agree with everyone I've seen you all mention like Clark Carlisle so trying to think of a couple I've not seen mentioned. Michael Owen is one,his commentary would put you to sleep. That droning monotone voice adding nothing new or insightful. He doesn't commentate on prem games,only La Liga games but I can't stand Gerry Armstrong. He couldn't get his head further up Ronaldo and Real Madrid's arse if he tried. He doesn't even attempt to call games down the middle. He'd be my first choice to remove from tv. One that luckily and thankfully you don't get in England is Rob Mclean. Any reds living up here in Scotland will know exactly why I'm including him. Honest to god he makes Chiles look the life and soul of the party. Mr absolute zero personality. Luckily for the rest of the UK he only does Scottish games and if there's anyone tuning into Scottish games for the first time won't be wanting to come back,yes the quality of football is dreadful but he does nothing to improve it or make it seem interesting/exciting.

As for ones I do like. Neville,hated him as a player but think he's great as a pundit. Carra,obviously. One of few ex players that doesn't rip into us at any given opportunity and I think him and Neville are great working together. Geoff Shreeves is another I like. Think all the guys on soccer Saturday are brilliant. I used to not be able to stand Souness but think he's got a lot better this season. One I find splits opinion is Jamie Redknapp,I think he's one of the best. Says it exactly as it is. Gordon Strachan is another I really enjoy listening to,you can tell he loves football and could talk about it all day. Savage is great as well and one last one that comes across well everytime I've seen him on tv is John Hartson.

Totally agree about Gordon Strachan, I love when he's on, his dry wit and insights.
      My most detested commentator without a doubt is the: nasal, shout for no good reason, Clive Tyldesley. He honestly destroys watching the champions league for me, it's horrible.
      the combo of him and Andy Townsend is a stinkfest of the highest order.

That brummy off itv is cringy to F**k with his constant bad jokes and chummy bumchum banter with roy keane, needs the sack pronto

Don't know all the commentators names, only the ones that spoil the match.
      That prat off Motd, the shouty one  Jonathan Pearce, he does my tits in and he doesn't suit football commentary.

Oh yea: Mark Lawrenson What an embarrassing beaut he turned into. Can't stand his effeminate whinging and he gets away with murder.

Here's one for you off biensports Ray Hudson, totally takes the piss, some people may find his brand of; whatever the F**k it is- entertaining, think it's an insult myself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOWSFdO7Ba0
      Fan 86
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 760 posts | 38 
      Reply #278: Apr 16, 2014 08:25:51 am
      Chiles is disgusting, and the reason he is still there is because he was given a bumper contract with ITV when they poached him and Berkeley from the One show to do the equivalent on ITV. That show was a flop, so they had to move him sideways because of the money. I was told this by the missus, I'm not an early evening tv lover. But what it means is we have to endure the smarmy, dour, no knowledge of football tosser for however long his contract lasts. Trust me if he's still about next season the times he is on, my telly will be on mute. Can't stand the no mark. By all accounts Berkeley took the smaller pay off at least she has some dignity left.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #279: Apr 16, 2014 08:40:26 am
      Chiles is a droning moron whose attempts at being funny just make me cringe.

Geoff Shreeves.....F**k me who does he think he is....hes a w**ker and so glad he was put in his place by Stevie.

Martin Tyler please F**k off.....you are a tool.

Chris Kamara - without doubt the funniest pundit on the box....more of Kammy I say.

Souness - I like him as a pundit...speaks a lot of sense i think.

Redknapp - I cant quite make my mind up about him.

Motson.......PLS F***ing RETIRE.
      therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Reply #280: Apr 16, 2014 08:44:27 am
      Berkeley took the smaller pay off at least she has some dignity left.

She can't have that much dignity given she's shacked up with Fat Frank!!
      Ju
      • Forum David Johnson

• 220 posts |
      Reply #281: Apr 16, 2014 02:16:45 pm
      SuarezsRightFoot  you are so right about Gerry Armstrong that made me chuckle. he's been like that for years.
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #282: Apr 16, 2014 03:15:48 pm
      I like Savage and Hartson, both knowledgeable guys and they don't jump on the bandwagon. Savage predicted Man Utd wouldn't make the top four, so he obviously saw through the Moyes media love in. They also wax lyrical over the right things, and Savage was an advocate of Rodgers - despite thinking they'd come fifth initially at the start of this season, he always thought he was the right man for the job. But once Liverpool were in the title race, he never discounted them.

Sadly, for one good pundit at the BBC they are heavily outnumbered by tw*ts. For example, Alan Shearer, Kevin Kilbane and Danny Mills, whose tongues are firmly lodged up Mourinho's chocolate train station.

Shearer and Mills especially talk like a couple of pseudo-intellectual bellends who think they are incredibly enlightened.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #283: Apr 16, 2014 03:18:29 pm
      Shearer and Mills especially talk like a couple of pseudo-intellectual bellends who think they are incredibly enlightened.

;D

Shearer is one smug b***ard.

Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,080 posts | 805 
      Reply #284: Apr 16, 2014 03:21:46 pm
      the worst pundit I have ever witnessed is Andy Townsend.

Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #285: Apr 16, 2014 03:37:41 pm
      Shearer is alwful. He brings nothing to MOTD. He's just a cliché machine, with the kind of simplistic analysis I could get from any half arsed football fan in a bar.

I don't dislike the guy but I hate when he's on. Very rarely says anything of interest.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,080 posts | 805 
      Reply #286: Apr 16, 2014 03:55:05 pm
      one of the best I've seen is actually Gary Neville....

I better go take a shower
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #287: Apr 16, 2014 09:44:40 pm
      Pundits should have to earn the Champions league graft..
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #288: Apr 16, 2014 09:53:21 pm
      Anyone see b***ard Ince on MOTD with God ?

Full of sh*te as usual , rude, arrogant, domineering ....       Robbie could hardly get a word in.
      Muzzman1969
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 919 posts | 41 
      Reply #289: Apr 17, 2014 12:34:04 am
      Agree with the Beglin thing - he was a complete knob on Sunday.

Here in Oz we have Bosnich and Robbie Slater (a mad Liverpool fan).  They kind of work well together.

Robbie Savage surprises me with his insight and comments and he is pretty good in my opinion.
      Kharhaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 685 posts | 200 
      Reply #290: Apr 17, 2014 12:41:10 am
      Robbie Savage for me is a breath of fresh air. He doesn't give a damn about what others think of his opinions, as they matter none to him !

For me he puts more effort into proving what he is saying is right than anyone else, just look at how he uses every stat or tactic to back up his opinion !

Every football show hires any old ex footballer to be the "expert" when, as has been proven, none of them are, but Savage goes that extra yard that holds my attention when he writes or says something. Fair do's to the lad.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #291: Apr 17, 2014 03:23:43 am
      Agree on the shouts for Neville. I watch a lot of the analysis stuff he says and he speaks honest even if he shows the pain on his face when he praises us. Hs voice is annoying but smart fella.

Alan Shearer...as interesting as a doorknob.
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #292: Apr 17, 2014 03:31:09 am
      Robbie Savage for me is a breath of fresh air. He doesn't give a damn about what others think of his opinions, as they matter none to him !

For me he puts more effort into proving what he is saying is right than anyone else, just look at how he uses every stat or tactic to back up his opinion !

Every football show hires any old ex footballer to be the "expert" when, as has been proven, none of them are, but Savage goes that extra yard that holds my attention when he writes or says something. Fair do's to the lad.

The thing with Savage is that initially it was hard to shake off that perception everyone had of him as a player. Basically a prima donna barbie lookalike who got into rowdy fights on the field!

He must be the only ex-player to redeem himself, or rather show his true character, as a pundit.

For me, it's the complete opposite for Alan Shearer. Great player and dignified guy on the field, talks f***in sh*t off it.

If someone had told me 10 years ago that eventually I would like Robbie Savage more than Alan Shearer I'd call for men in white jackets to take him away.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #293: Apr 17, 2014 08:23:33 am
      I'm fed up of hearing how much more difficult next season is going to be for us blah blah

1. We'll be a young squad with a years more experience
      2. As a CL club we'll get a higher class of player joining us next season
      3. BR, as a young manager will be more experienced and practiced in managing a title challenge
      4. Chelsea and City and Arsenal are all better than they were last season. Not like they've all had nightmares this year and we've profited without excelling. If some clubs raise their game next year fine, but we will too.
      5. We are, for the first time in as long as I can remember a club united. We have identity and belief in our convictions. We can only but progress with the structures that have been put in place.

It's as if this season isn't over and we're already being talked down for the next one, by the same media that didn't give us a chance of top 4 this season. Not that I mind, makes it all the sweeter when we make them eat their words
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #294: Apr 17, 2014 09:49:19 am

For me, it's the complete opposite for Alan Shearer. Great player and dignified guy on the field, talks f***in sh*t off it.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Shearer, dignified on the pitch? 

Leicester City v Newcastle United (1998)
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #295: Apr 17, 2014 11:06:43 am
      Must say I have to agree about Townsend he's a wankstain on the mattress of life, his constant bullshit and monotone drool, surely to f**k itv can find a more interesting commentator/summerisor he bores the f**k out of me,

And Chiles , he's a fat brummie tw*t with as much personality of a skunk, knows f**k all and thinks he's funny, as funny as genital warts

Pair of total KUNTS if ever I saw/heard

YNWA
      TheShanklyGates
      • Forum Ian St John

• 438 posts |
      Reply #296: Apr 17, 2014 11:36:56 am
      Just found this. An article from last year on how much Lineker and co get paid for MOTD. Even with the pay cut mentioned still get hell of a lot. I'd be more than happy to sit and talk the sh*t Shearer does to get paid that sort of money.

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Gary-Lineker-signs-new-Match-Day-contract-taking/story-17951232-detail/story.html
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #297: Apr 17, 2014 03:51:06 pm
      Here in the US on NBCSports where the EPL games are televised we get an in studio group consisting of Robbie Earle, Robbie Mustoe and Rebecca Lowe. I don't know much about the backgrounds of Earle and Mustoe but they seem to know what they are talking about, and they seem to be mostly un-biased. Very impressed with Rebecca Lowe...she seems to have her stuff together.

The one thing I don't like is that I've had to listen to Tim Howard do play by play on at least two of  Liverpools games now. Makes no sense to me whatsoever....gonna have the keeper for one of our fiercest rivals call our games???????? He's not horribly biased but he basically shows no emotion and is pretty boring to listen to.
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #298: Apr 17, 2014 04:23:31 pm
      Have a passionate dislike for the majority of pundits. The worst for me is Andy Townsend. All I ever hear him say is 'that's a waste Clive' and 'go on' whenever an English team is attacking.

His partner in crime, Tyldesley, is also a c**t. Can't bare his squeaky voice and his ridiculous opinions. When Arsenal got to half time goalless at Bayern, having lost the first leg 2-0, he proclaimed: 'Half way there'. F***ing idiot. Another such instance was when Ox equalised for England in the Maracana. The game was nothing but a prestige friendly and yet Clive said 'a goal that we'll remember for years to come!!!!!'

Agree with what most are saying about Neville. Fantastic pundit. Sky have comfortably the best team, ITV by far the worst and BBC have a mix, more bad than good though.

Quick Reply