Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Loan signings

Read 6511 times
      TheKopite*****
      • Forum Ian St John
      • Started Topic

• 433 posts |
      Loan signings
      Jan 17, 2011 07:08:31 am
      Considering Kenny has been brought back as a "temporary" replacement which I hope turns into a more permanent role, do you think the owners will give cash to a manager who is in their mind a stop gap manager or will Kenny be searching for loan deals this?

If so, who could we realistically look at bringing on loan? I have seen a report that Santa Cruz and SWP may be available for an example.
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Re: Loan signings
      Reply #1: Jan 17, 2011 07:42:11 am
      Well.....Santa Cruz has gone to Blackburn.
      TheKopite*****
      • Forum Ian St John
      • Started Topic

• 433 posts |
      Reply #2: Jan 17, 2011 07:46:55 am
      Well.....Santa Cruz has gone to Blackburn.

Alright didn't catch that, but you follow what I'm getting at. What realistic loan options are there available out there?
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #3: Jan 17, 2011 08:02:52 am
      Alright didn't catch that, but you follow what I'm getting at. What realistic loan options are there available out there?
      I think we have to be realistic most players who are available for loan are young players who want to get more experience or experienced players who cannot get in the first team  at their own club.
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #4: Jan 17, 2011 11:39:35 am
      Already worried about our lack of activities in the transfer Market. We need first team players not some young player looking to build; we already have a lot of those in our club.

What is Bentley doing at Birmingham? Didn't Shawcross just move to Fulham? What's up with SWP?
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #5: Jan 17, 2011 11:47:30 am
      Any signings that can add depth and provide us with more options should be considered.

TheKopite*****
      • Forum Ian St John
      • Started Topic

• 433 posts |
      Reply #6: Jan 17, 2011 11:50:14 am
      Already worried about our lack of activities in the transfer Market. We need first team players not some young player looking to build; we already have a lot of those in our club.

What is Bentley doing at Birmingham? Didn't Shawcross just move to Fulham? What's up with SWP?

These are the type of players I'm talking about, I'm worried about the lack of activity so far as well.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #7: Jan 17, 2011 12:03:34 pm
      Up to now NESV have shown that they are like ducks as regards LFC affairs, calm as F**k to the viewing eye but paddling like a mad thing underneath and then they pop out of the water and quack "surprise!".

I wouldn't mind SWP but loan signings don't usually transpire until it's virtually a done deal. The one good thing about being so far out of the title race is that we can possibly deal with clubs that we couldn't have before but given that we don't really have a set relationship with other clubs in the top 4 because of our previous standing in the PL it'd be hard to get a player from them.

Apart from SWP I think our only option for new signings on (loan or not) is abroad. I'd love to get Ricky van Wolfswinkel on a long term but I don't think that'll be possible till the Summer.

I'm interested as to who other people know who's available as I don't get papers for the transfer speculation ramblings of so called journalists where 90% of what they write is straight out of their own imagination so it's hard to know unless you see a Manager say "he wants playing time" or the like.

LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #8: Jan 17, 2011 12:08:25 pm
      Dont agree with loan signings cos come the end of the season we will be back where we started squad wise BUY BUY BUY
      TheKopite*****
      • Forum Ian St John
      • Started Topic

• 433 posts |
      Reply #9: Jan 17, 2011 12:16:04 pm
      Dont agree with loan signings cos come the end of the season we will be back where we started squad wise BUY BUY BUY

Yes but my point is that they put Kenny there as an interim replacement, why would they give bucket loads of money to a man that might not be there in a few months as well as players that might be there that the next manager may not have in his plans.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #10: Jan 17, 2011 12:28:22 pm
      I think we should be looking to "loan signings with the option to buy" if we are short of money till the summer . Certainly if nothing else it might save us a few quid if they don't work out. (similar to the deals we did with Masch and Anelka, and Juventus did with Aquilani)

Harry_Beadles
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 209 posts |
      • He who laughs last didn't get it.
      Reply #11: Jan 17, 2011 01:51:17 pm
      I think we should be looking to "loan signings with the option to buy" if we are short of money till the summer . Certainly if nothing else it might save us a few quid if they don't work out. (similar to the deals we did with Masch and Anelka, and Juventus did with Aquilani)

i don't think ther is any one of the quality of Masch and anelka available on this type of deal and no other manager would be stupid enough to let a player of Aquilani's ability go with out a replacement.

I don't usually like loan deals. i think they are for team that are bottom half prem and lower league teams, however in our situation i think if anyone is around it could work. Give us a bit of breathing space until the summer when the market is better. It would also add a new dimension to the team and give some players a good kick up the ass to start actually playing.

I can't for the life of me think of anyone who is around that is a improvement on what we have got on a loan deal.
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #12: Jan 17, 2011 02:01:34 pm
      Considering Kenny has been brought back as a "temporary" replacement which I hope turns into a more permanent role, do you think the owners will give cash to a manager who is in their mind a stop gap manager or will Kenny be searching for loan deals this?
      It's not all down to Kenny is it, there's Comolli too, and he isn't going anywhere.
      TheKopite*****
      • Forum Ian St John
      • Started Topic

• 433 posts |
      Reply #13: Jan 17, 2011 02:11:43 pm
      It's not all down to Kenny is it, there's Comolli too, and he isn't going anywhere.

True, but as Comolli said, Kenny will have the final YES or NO as to whether the player will be brought in or not.
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #14: Jan 17, 2011 02:17:47 pm
      True, but as Comolli said, Kenny will have the final YES or NO as to whether the player will be brought in or not.
      Yeah, so? If Comolli would determine which players Kenny can say yes or no to then he'd still be guarding our long term policy wouldn't he?
      TheKopite*****
      • Forum Ian St John
      • Started Topic

• 433 posts |
      Reply #15: Jan 17, 2011 02:31:18 pm
      Yeah, so? If Comolli would determine which players Kenny can say yes or no to then he'd still be guarding our long term policy wouldn't he?

Correct.
      But that's besides the point, the point I was trying to make is that would they give Kenny a treasure chest considering he is an "interim" replacement. Surely if that is the case they wouldn't be asking Kenny to say YES or NO at all and wait til the summer to give the permanent manager the priviledge.
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #16: Jan 17, 2011 02:36:20 pm
      Correct.
      But that's besides the point, the point I was trying to make is that would they give Kenny a treasure chest considering he is an "interim" replacement. Surely if that is the case they wouldn't be asking Kenny to say YES or NO at all and wait til the summer to give the permanent manager the priviledge.
      I don't think they consider him to be just an interim replacement, I wouldn't. Do you really think they'll replace him if he's doing well? I don't think so. And he knows our club better than any of them.
      TheKopite*****
      • Forum Ian St John
      • Started Topic

• 433 posts |
      Reply #17: Jan 17, 2011 02:43:29 pm
      I don't think they consider him to be just an interim replacement, I wouldn't. Do you really think they'll replace him if he's doing well? I don't think so. And he knows our club better than any of them.

Not at all, if he is doing well they'll keep him on, but that's exactly why I'm asking the question whether we think they'll give him any money whatsoever this transfer window, that's why they said interim replacement in case he doesn't achieve as well as we all hope.
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #18: Jan 17, 2011 02:47:47 pm
      Not at all, if he is doing well they'll keep him on, but that's exactly why I'm asking the question whether we think they'll give him any money whatsoever this transfer window, that's why they said interim replacement in case he doesn't achieve as well as we all hope.
      Yeah, but you're putting too much thought into it. We're not going to sign a sh*t load of players this transfer period, I'm expecting more changes this summer. Do you really think that when Comolli asks Kenny whether he approves of Suarez for instance he'll say no? ;)
      TheKopite*****
      • Forum Ian St John
      • Started Topic

• 433 posts |
      Reply #19: Jan 17, 2011 02:56:08 pm
      Yeah, but you're putting too much thought into it. We're not going to sign a sh*t load of players this transfer period, I'm expecting more changes this summer. Do you really think that when Comolli asks Kenny whether he approves of Suarez for instance he'll say no? ;)

Maybe thinking too much into it. I would have been expecting one or two loan deals and hopefully a signing such as Suarez (Please Kenny, say yes  ;) ) But NESV seem to be doing their norm, strolling down the park, taking their time.
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #20: Jan 17, 2011 02:57:22 pm

Spot on. The reason they're somewhat underplaying January is because NESV aren't sure of who's taking over permanently. There will be more action in the summer, but as Comolli himself said if the right player comes along at the right price then we might well make a bid. Suarez fits the NESV profile, he's young, still to improve and already a quality player. That's what Comolli will be saying and what Kenny will undoubtedly agree with. Hopefully that means while we don't overhaul the squad in this window, we get a bit more firepower up front and maybe conclude a loan or two to boost the defence, though I can't see who we'd get to be honest (except Warnock, who's been spoken about in the transfer threads)
      lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      • He scores a goal and the kop goes wild...
      Reply #21: Jan 17, 2011 03:01:44 pm
      I think its the old PR stuff isn't it? If the right player is available and at the right price, they would probably spend.
      lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      • He scores a goal and the kop goes wild...
      Reply #22: Jan 17, 2011 03:03:39 pm
      Warnock would be a positive for me, especially with our difficulties in the position.

Quick Reply