Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Luis Suarez (Liverpool -> Barcelona)

Read 783351 times
      Bier
      Re: Luis Suarez Player Thread
      Reply #5681: Apr 05, 2014 06:11:24 pm
      He still said it though didn't be? Always been a bit of an arse in the media has Gullit.

Isn't that what pundits do though? Give their opinion when they're asked for it? He didn't actually say anything that wasn't true in this case.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #5682: Apr 05, 2014 07:08:31 pm
      I actually thought the same. Which is terrifying considering the goals and assists he's getting.

Looks to be lacking a bit of sharpness of mid season to me and on occasion choosing the wrong option or being sloppy in possession. That being said, the goals are still coming and he has still been very good by the standards of most.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #5683: Apr 06, 2014 06:04:54 pm
      His two efforts deserved to go in. That pesky woodwork :laugh:
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,581 posts | 3911 
      Reply #5684: Apr 06, 2014 11:42:16 pm
      His celebration when Gerrard got the second was pure passion! He wants it bad!
      DaveMac82
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 90 posts |
      Reply #5685: Apr 07, 2014 03:21:32 pm
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #5686: Apr 07, 2014 03:26:41 pm
      DaveMac82
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 90 posts |
      Reply #5687: Apr 07, 2014 03:42:01 pm

Be interesting to see if this story will be plastered all over the Newspapers, some how apart from the ECHO I highly doubt it!
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #5688: Apr 07, 2014 05:24:21 pm

what a guy.... i seriously hope suarez stays with us till he retires...  Legend in the making!

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #5689: Apr 07, 2014 05:49:11 pm

If he stays, I agree. :D
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,705 posts | 880 
      Reply #5690: Apr 09, 2014 05:34:32 pm
      Diego Forlan trying to stir it: http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/luis-suarez-manchester-united-transfer-3392886

He's claiming Suarez asked him what he should do at the end of the season..

Forlan told him to go to Utd.

The fact he's claiming Suarez is wondering whether to leave Liverpool is the whole "pot stirring" here. He'd never go to Utd of course.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,229 posts | 6355 
      Reply #5691: Apr 09, 2014 05:49:14 pm
      Diego Forlan trying to stir it: http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/luis-suarez-manchester-united-transfer-3392886

The fact he's claiming Suarez is wondering whether to leave Liverpool is the whole "pot stirring" here. He'd never go to Utd of course.

I believe if you read that carefully, this was back before Suarez joined Liverpool and Forlan at that time told him he should join United. I may be wrong but that's how I read it.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #5692: Apr 09, 2014 06:20:18 pm

Absolute load of crock.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #5693: Apr 09, 2014 06:37:29 pm

''Good scam Luis - flash your studs at United and they'll pay £26m+ to get you on the payroll, you get to play for £100,000+ a week act like a complete fool for a few seasons, play like a c**t and they ship you out - well broosted. Not a fairy tale honest mate''.
      « Last Edit: Apr 10, 2014 11:34:04 am by stuey »
      MiG
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 172 posts |
      Reply #5694: Apr 10, 2014 09:49:34 pm
      That Forlan thing, maybe few days ago in the last year summer..

pure troll
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #5695: Apr 11, 2014 12:27:23 am
      Original article at four four two.
      He said he suggested the mancs before he joined us, and that he also spoke highly of liverpools history

Media has nothing better to do than try and stir up sh*te.

http://liverpooloffside.sbnation.com/2014/4/9/5597856/luis-suarez-diego-forlan-manchester-united-journalistic-malpractice

On a side note, who the F**k cares?  8) 8) We are gonna win the league
      « Last Edit: Apr 11, 2014 12:59:55 am by QuicoGalante »
      KateMKD_Red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,184 posts | 527 
      • At the end of the storm, there’s a golden sky.
      Reply #5696: Apr 11, 2014 10:19:04 am
      Suarez says title triumph is a bigger motivation than goalscoring glory
      Luis Suarez insists his motivation is leading Liverpool to title glory rather than personal milestones ahead of Sunday's vital Anfield clash with Manchester City.

The Uruguayan striker, who already has the Premier League Golden Boot wrapped up, is just one goal away from becoming the first Reds player to hit 30 league goals in a season since Ian Rush in the mid-80s.

Suarez also needs three goals over the final five matches in order to beat the Premier League scoring record over a 38-game season which is jointly held by Alan Shearer and Cristiano Ronaldo on 31.

“If I wanted to do that, I could ask Stevie (Gerrard) if I could take a penalty, but I'm not like that,” Suarez said.

“For myself, it is more important that Liverpool finish in a good position. I try in every game to score because I am a striker.

“I love to make goals, but for me if I could swap being top scorer or winning the Golden Boot for the team finishing in the top four or winning the league - that would be more important.

“Of course it would be special (to break the record). In the last few years I have tried to do my job as well as I can to help the team and the Liverpool supporters.

"To finish the season as top scorer or with a new record would be nice for me, for my family and for the Liverpool supporters because it's important for them to have a player who holds the record. But if I think back a few games, I didn't score, but I kept trying my best on the pitch.“We know Chelsea and City dropped some points, so we're at the top of the league now and that's amazing for us. Now we can't stop because we have a really good chance."

Suarez has recently changed his goal celebration to a roar while he flexes his muscles. He revealed to liverpoolfc.com  that it's inspired by his daughter Delfina.           

"My daughter loves football, and she likes when I score a goal and celebrate," he explained.

"She loves princesses and things like that, but I can't do it on the pitch!

"But she also likes Hulk, Spiderman and Superman. I told her when I score, I'd do a celebration like Hulk or Superman, so it's for her. She watches on TV and loves when I do it.

"Six or seven years ago, I watched the Premier League on TV and I loved it when players scored goals and their celebrations. If we score here at Anfield or away, I love the fans because they enjoy it and they're happy."

Suarez admits the Reds are going into the City clash on a high following nine straight league wins – the last of which was a gutsy 2-1 triumph at West Ham.

"We know West Ham are tough because they are strong at home. They play the long ball which is difficult, but our defenders played very well,” he said.

“We know all about their qualities and the passes to Andy (Carroll) to head the ball, but our defenders and midfielders too played well and we dealt with the second ball. We also created a lot of chances to score."

"For some people, it's a surprise because in the Premier League it is difficult to win nine games in a row. But if we continue at this level, we'll play very well.

"On the pitch we try the best to help the team. The team know we've had some really good performances in the last few weeks and we'll try to continue in this way.”

Echo
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #5697: Apr 11, 2014 10:59:47 am
      "But she also likes Hulk, Spiderman and Superman. I told her when I score, I'd do a celebration like Hulk or Superman, so it's for her. She watches on TV and loves when I do it."

Loved that bit of the interview. Shows his soft side and I can only imagine his daughter is sat there in the stands laughing and cheering.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #5698: Apr 11, 2014 11:25:31 am
      "My daughter loves football, and she likes when I score a goal and celebrate," he explained.

"She loves princesses and things like that, but I can't do it on the pitch!

Laughed out loud at that! :D

Then again, he's such a nutter, I wouldn't even be that surprised if he tried!

“We know all about their [West Ham's] qualities and the passes to Andy (Carroll) to head the ball

Had to laugh a bit at that too, basically politely summing up their qualities as hoofing it up to Andy and hope!
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,421 posts | 4581 
      Reply #5699: Apr 12, 2014 10:15:10 am
      I'd reckon we could get £40 million from Arsenal for this fella :D

Someone's old mans has been playing the field :)

Meet the Iraqi Luis Suarez, who gets mobbed by fans every time he goes to Liverpool!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,229 posts | 6355 
      Reply #5700: Apr 15, 2014 01:33:50 am
      Hate to be negative in light of the win, but thought Luis went down a bit too easily more than a couple of times. Seems like he could have stayed up and had a chance at goal a couple of times but chose to go down instead. And when he continues to try and get calls it seems to just turn the ref against him. Hope he keeps himself out of trouble the next couple of games and just plays.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #5701: Apr 15, 2014 04:48:39 am
      I wanted to kick him up the backside the other day.

It was clear that stupid and needless yellow unnerved him and threw him off his game. Was lucky not to get sent off but also had a solid penalty shout when Kompany used his arms to push him off the ball.

Expect him to be at his best against the Canaries on the weekend.
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 189 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #5702: Apr 15, 2014 08:21:47 pm
      Still the Man...Taken On Sunday.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #5703: Apr 15, 2014 08:53:19 pm
      I wanted to kick him up the backside the other day.

I know what you mean, I was pleased we got the 3rd goal as I was expecting him to do something really stupid, he looked wound up and agitated.

Quick Reply