Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Luis Suarez (Liverpool -> Barcelona)

Read 780818 times
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Re: Luis Suarez: Liverpool -> Barçelona
      Reply #6095: Jul 15, 2014 09:02:09 am
      Blattwr doesnt even like football, all he sees are dollar signs. I doubt the asshole even knows how to kick a ball, or had an honest day if work in his life. Screw FIFA, they represent everything thats wrong with the game

Spot on  QuicoGalante, its about time the clubs got control back from Fifa, Eufa and all FAs worldwide.
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #6096: Jul 15, 2014 03:19:01 pm
      My first time to get a chance to post in here since Luis left. This feels like Deja Vu, I feel exactly like I did when Alonso left, absolutely gutted, but I genuinely wish all the best to Suarez at Barca (unless we cross paths of course). He has had his ups and downs at this club but when the dust settles all I will remember is a brilliant, brilliant player come into his own at this club, and he really did make us dream.

At any stage over the last year he could have thrown the toys from the pram and forced a move away, like so many do in football these days. He could have cast us aside and pretended what we had never existed. Instead he went out and had the best season of his career and in the process brought us so close to winning the league. You could see what it meant to him against Crystal Palace. The obvious comparison is Torres, chalk and cheese, but I this the more apt comparison is to that of Alonso.

I would imagine Luis knew a year ago that his time at the club was coming to an end, and just like Xabi, he went out with a bang, like a man. So thanks for the memories Luis, but no man is bigger than LFC.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #6097: Jul 15, 2014 03:45:51 pm
      Welcome on board.

May your days be filled with goals, and less with biting ears.

Well sort of :)
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #6098: Jul 15, 2014 07:13:11 pm
      notice Blatter said he was hard done by but he is at a club who will sort him out. Boy do I hate that man
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #6099: Jul 15, 2014 10:09:33 pm
      Gonna miss this lad, honestly think he is the best player I've ever seen for us bar Stevie in his prime. He's a genuine world-class talent and I wish him all the best. He was an inspiration to those younger lads in the squad, who see that if a player like him is willing to work so hard then what excuse does anyone else have?

He was infectious and Brendan needs to somehow retain that mentality that we had last season which I honestly think he was a huge part in creating.

Wish him all the best because he deserves all the trophies he can get, just gutted he only got the 1 with us.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #6100: Jul 16, 2014 02:15:41 pm
      Heard Suarez won something this world cup...

The golden tooth.  ;D
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,596 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #6101: Jul 16, 2014 02:30:28 pm
      Heard Suarez won something this world cup...

The golden tooth.  ;D

:clap: :clap: :clap: ;D
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #6102: Jul 17, 2014 04:58:03 am
      "We did everything we could as a club to keep Luis," Rodgers told the Liverpool Echo.

"He wanted to go and play in Spain, and unfortunately when a player no longer wants to play for you, we need as a club to look at it.

"It was his decision for him to go, he's gone to Barcelona, a club he wanted to play for and now we'll move on.

"I'm not sure if he would have gone regardless of the World Cup. But I never felt that towards the end of the season, and likewise he never said he would give us another year either. He had obviously signed a new deal so we had that.

"But I think we have had great service out of Luis and it's one that we can't worry too much about now, it's done, it's gone and our focus is here.

"There is a lot of work going on with the recruitment team in terms of getting in the right player and I am sure we can identify that.

"This club and many other clubs have shown over a period of time you move on, and believe me, it will be a really exciting season for us."

Rodgers quote regarding Suarez.

http://www.teamtalk.com/premier-league/9384541/Transfer-news-Brendan-Rodgers-says-Liverpool-did-everything-they-could-to-keep-Luis-Suarez
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #6103: Jul 17, 2014 01:17:23 pm
      HE'S A RACIST

HE'S A RACIST

RACIST RAT SCUM

Shout those from Salford who have been chanting racial songs to their own player for years now.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #6104: Jul 17, 2014 09:14:11 pm
      Forgive this, didn't want to derail the Reus thread.

It's not a pay cut in real terms, it's a pay rise. He'll [Suárez] pay 35% tax there rather than the 50% he was here.

Spain: more than €300,000 - 52%

England: more than £150,000 - 45%
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #6105: Jul 17, 2014 09:50:50 pm
      Now it's quiet here...
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #6106: Jul 20, 2014 08:03:22 am

Not for him and his family now though. They won't get anywhere near the same level of respect for privacy that we afforded them. They'll have to get used to being followed and mobbed by Barca's supporters every time they venture out.

Says that he was smiling??? Looking at the photos he can't get away fast enough - especially from the bunny boiler.

Luis Suarez mobbed by fans as striker takes stroll through Barcelona with wife Sofia
      Luis Suarez was mobbed by fans as he took a stroll through Barcelona with wife Sofia Balbi on Saturday.

The frontman, who joined the Catalan giants from Liverpool in a £75million deal, had a smile on his face as kids and grown-ups alike attempted to get photos with the Uruguay international.

The former Reds star was pictured signing one supporter's Lionel Messi shirt - Suarez will partner the Argentine talisman in attack at the Nou Camp next season.

While a number of Barcelona fans got a close look at their new signing, Suarez cannot be officially unveiled by his new club under the terms of his four-month ban from all football activity following his bite on Italy's Giorgio Chiellini during Uruguay's final World Cup group game in Brazil.

However Suarez is not short of admirers in the Spanish city as he adjusts to life in Barcelona before making his debut for the Catalan giants at the end of October.

Having lost out on the Premier League title with Liverpool late last season, Suarez will hope his move to Spain will bring success.

Brendan Rodgers' side looked set for their first title in 24 years but were pipped to the top of the table by Manchester City who finished two points above the Merseysiders.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2698553/Luis-Suarez-mobbed-fans-striker-takes-stroll-Barcelona-wife.html
      LFCexiled
      Reply #6107: Jul 20, 2014 09:33:38 am
      Not for him and his family now though. They won't get anywhere near the same level of respect for privacy that we afforded them. They'll have to get used to being followed and mobbed by Barca's supporters every time they venture out.

Says that he was smiling??? Looking at the photos he can't get away fast enough - especially from the bunny boiler.

That woman in the yellow just won't let him go will she?

Bit of a change from Costco photees. ;)

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #6108: Jul 20, 2014 10:03:23 am
      I'm gonna miss the crazy f**ker for sure.

I'll get over it but not ready too just yet. Still gutted.   :f_wah:
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #6109: Jul 22, 2014 12:31:32 pm
      Just watched a short clip of Luis on lfctv and whilst my initial reaction was regret that he's left us, it was heavily tinged with admiration and respect for him. I'm not bitter, gutted yes, but not bitter. I'm actually very grateful that he chose to ply his trade with us for 3 and half seasons of his footballing life

I know he was crazy and did and said things on the spur of the moment, but my footballing life has been enriched having watched him in the red of Liverpool. Along with Sturridge, Luis almost single handedly got us back in the Champions League, and let's not forget for a second how much that means to the fans, club and city.

For that, for the goals, for the excitement, for the hope and the roller coaster ride of emotions, but most of all, for his never die attitude and all out effort to help us win games, I can hand on heart say unreservedly, mucho gracias for everything. Luis was our mad genius who was partly to blame and partly misunderstood by most people. He is a true legend in my eyes

Good luck Amigo!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #6110: Jul 23, 2014 05:17:21 pm
      Aspas wading defending his former teammate!

Luis Suárez has been treated like a murderer, says Liverpool’s Iago Aspas

Iago Aspas says his former Liverpool team-mate Luis Suárez has been “treated like a murderer” by Fifa after the Uruguayan bit Italy’s Giorgio Chiellini at the World Cup.

Aspas, who has been loaned to Sevilla for the forthcoming season, told the Spanish radio station Cadena Cope that he can understand why Suárez was banned from playing because it is not his first offence. However, he believes the Barcelona forward’s ban from all football related activity is excessive.

“They are treating Luis like a murderer and not like a footballer,” he said. “There are murderers who pay less [for what they have done]. Not to let him be presented [by Barcelona], to train or to enter the stadium is too much.”

Aspas failed to score a Premier League goal in a disappointing season at Anfield following his £7.6m move from Celta Vigo, but said he enjoyed playing alongside players such as Suárez, Daniel Sturridge and Raheem Sterling.

“Liverpool had a great season and I learned a lot from my team-mates,” he said.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jul/23/luis-suarez-murderer-liverpool-iago-aspas-barcelona-bite

Also heard Luis has had to F**k off out of Barcelona because of the amount of people and press camped outside of his father in law's house.

Never had that sh*t in Woolton did you Luis?
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #6111: Jul 24, 2014 06:43:17 pm
      Report: CAS date set for Suarez review

The Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) has agreed to review the appeal of Luis Suarez's ban for biting an opponent during the second week of August with an open and quick process, Spanish news agency Efe said on Thursday, citing unnamed sources.

CAS is also expected to evaluate, as the defence has requested, that cautionary measures be applied while the case is under review, according to Efe sources.

- Suarez could return in time for Clasico

Should Suarez serve out his entire four-month, nine-match international ban, his first match back could be el Clasico: Real Madrid vs. Barcelona, now scheduled for the weekend of Oct. 25-26. However that will depend on the Spanish television deal decision. Suarez's ban ends on Oct. 26, which is a Sunday.

AS.com reports that the date of the first clasico of the season will be determined by the Spanish television companies -- a Saturday fixture would mean Suarez would miss out through suspension.

Uruguay international Suarez is serving the four-month worldwide suspension from football-related activity after biting Italy's Giorgio Chiellini during a World Cup match in the Brazilian city of Natal on June 24.

The ban -- which also precludes him from his national team's next nine matches -- does not apply to transfers, meaning that the 27-year-old was able to complete a 75 million pound move to Barcelona last week.

But Suarez cannot play for Barcelona, train with his teammates or even attend their matches until late October. He was also barred from attending the news conference held by Barca to announce his arrival. Barcelona is hopeful for the ban reduction and last week its president, Josep Maria Bartomeu, said the club would help Suarez integrate back into football.

Luis Suarez committed to a new contract in December.

LUIS SUAREZ 2013-14 SEASON IN NUMBERS

• 31 - Premier League goals, winning the Golden Boot.
      • 12 - Most assists in the Premier League.
      • 24 - Scored the most goals from inside the box.
      •  4 - Scored the most goals from counterattacks.
      •  9 - Had the most shots that hit the woodwork.
      •  3 - Most penalties won in the Premier League.
      • 237 - Attempted more dribbles than any other player.

FIFA's ban also precludes Suarez from being presented as a new Barcelona player and it is not known whether he has undergone a physical for his new Catalan club.

La Liga announced its fixtures for the 2014-2015 season on Thursday. If the terms are met and the CAS permits cautionary sanctions while the case is resolved, it would mean that Suarez could debut for Barcelona's first match on Aug. 24 vs. Elche.

http://www.espnfc.us/spanish-primera-division/story/1958960/cas-to-review-luis-suarez-bite-ban-case-on-second-week-of-augustreport-says

Already f*cking getting started here. Can't wait to see this ban get reduced in half and FIFA have absolutely no shame that the sole reason is because he's playing in Barcelona who Blatter sees as "world class" while we're f*ck all to him. Wouldn't have even been f*cking considered if he were still with us and I'm willing to bet a lot of money on that.

It's a disgrace. I probably let it get to me way more than I should, but it's an absolute shame that such a beautiful game is controlled by such an absolute mockery of an organization.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #6112: Jul 24, 2014 09:07:01 pm
      Report: CAS date set for Suarez review

The Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) has agreed to review the appeal of Luis Suarez's ban for biting an opponent during the second week of August with an open and quick process, Spanish news agency Efe said on Thursday, citing unnamed sources.

CAS is also expected to evaluate, as the defence has requested, that cautionary measures be applied while the case is under review, according to Efe sources.

- Suarez could return in time for Clasico

Should Suarez serve out his entire four-month, nine-match international ban, his first match back could be el Clasico: Real Madrid vs. Barcelona, now scheduled for the weekend of Oct. 25-26. However that will depend on the Spanish television deal decision. Suarez's ban ends on Oct. 26, which is a Sunday.

AS.com reports that the date of the first clasico of the season will be determined by the Spanish television companies -- a Saturday fixture would mean Suarez would miss out through suspension.

Uruguay international Suarez is serving the four-month worldwide suspension from football-related activity after biting Italy's Giorgio Chiellini during a World Cup match in the Brazilian city of Natal on June 24.

The ban -- which also precludes him from his national team's next nine matches -- does not apply to transfers, meaning that the 27-year-old was able to complete a 75 million pound move to Barcelona last week.

But Suarez cannot play for Barcelona, train with his teammates or even attend their matches until late October. He was also barred from attending the news conference held by Barca to announce his arrival. Barcelona is hopeful for the ban reduction and last week its president, Josep Maria Bartomeu, said the club would help Suarez integrate back into football.

Luis Suarez committed to a new contract in December.

LUIS SUAREZ 2013-14 SEASON IN NUMBERS

• 31 - Premier League goals, winning the Golden Boot.
      • 12 - Most assists in the Premier League.
      • 24 - Scored the most goals from inside the box.
      •  4 - Scored the most goals from counterattacks.
      •  9 - Had the most shots that hit the woodwork.
      •  3 - Most penalties won in the Premier League.
      • 237 - Attempted more dribbles than any other player.

FIFA's ban also precludes Suarez from being presented as a new Barcelona player and it is not known whether he has undergone a physical for his new Catalan club.

La Liga announced its fixtures for the 2014-2015 season on Thursday. If the terms are met and the CAS permits cautionary sanctions while the case is resolved, it would mean that Suarez could debut for Barcelona's first match on Aug. 24 vs. Elche.

http://www.espnfc.us/spanish-primera-division/story/1958960/cas-to-review-luis-suarez-bite-ban-case-on-second-week-of-augustreport-says

Already f*cking getting started here. Can't wait to see this ban get reduced in half and FIFA have absolutely no shame that the sole reason is because he's playing in Barcelona who Blatter sees as "world class" while we're f*ck all to him. Wouldn't have even been f*cking considered if he were still with us and I'm willing to bet a lot of money on that.

It's a disgrace. I probably let it get to me way more than I should, but it's an absolute shame that such a beautiful game is controlled by such an absolute mockery of an organization.

Seems to be the consistent thing in football that those that run the sport, whether that be FIFA, FA etc etc they are absolute dickheads with no real clue about the sport.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #6113: Jul 24, 2014 09:48:13 pm
      That'd be right. He'll get it reduced. FIFA are a bunch of cu*ts but we already expected this so not surprised at all. A F***ing disgrace.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #6114: Jul 26, 2014 10:48:47 am
      Not sure why this is being described as a disgrace, surely he would have gone to CAS whoever he played for ? Would we have said that if he was still here, er, don't think so.
      crzy_jkr@u
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,774 posts | 29 
      • Rebuilding a legacy...Trust, Will, Pride, Respect.
      Reply #6115: Jul 29, 2014 10:46:17 am
      I wish Luis could see this...but thank you Luis for everything you've done! The biting aside he's worn the shirt with pride and passion. In the end he gave us 75m he has been a true treat. Hope and wish him the best at Barcelona.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #6116: Jul 29, 2014 12:31:17 pm
      From the Reus thread:
      In my opinion Messi and Ronaldo are better simple.

I wholeheartedly disagree.

Suárez makes goals, makes space, scores goals, embarrasses defenders on a constant and consistent basis, gives his all 100%, does a lot of defensive work, chases down relentlessly, has impeccable finishing and inspires his team-mates regardless of the opposition or score.

Ronaldo and Messi have some of these qualities, but not all.
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #6117: Jul 29, 2014 01:51:41 pm
      From the Reus thread:
      I wholeheartedly disagree.

Suárez makes goals, makes space, scores goals, embarrasses defenders on a constant and consistent basis, gives his all 100%, does a lot of defensive work, chases down relentlessly, has impeccable finishing and inspires his team-mates regardless of the opposition or score.

Ronaldo and Messi have some of these qualities, but not all.

Te be fair, they are better in some of those, but yes, they dont have all of them. Luis is more complete as a footballer, when he is staying out of trouble. Still gutted he left, and still think he made a terrible mistake. We need him and we know it. He needs us, but he still hasnt realized that. He will in time.

Quick Reply