Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W9 D10 L12

Luis Suarez (Liverpool -> Barcelona)

Read 783185 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,143 posts | 4896 
      Re: Luis Suarez: Liverpool -> Barçelona
      Reply #6118: Jul 29, 2014 03:15:38 pm
      From the Reus thread:
      I wholeheartedly disagree.

I agree with your disagreement Res.

For me Luis is the best player in the world right now and I'd guess if he plays as he did for us at Barca suddenly everyone will be saying the same.

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #6119: Jul 30, 2014 05:30:26 pm
      I agree with your disagreement Res.

For me Luis is the best player in the world right now and I'd guess if he plays as he did for us at Barca suddenly everyone will be saying the same.

Fully agree with you and Reslivo. Would not have swapped Luis for anyone last season. Never seen individual football quite like it in a reds shirt.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,578 posts | 6915 
      Reply #6120: Aug 11, 2014 01:52:41 pm
      What are the bets that Suarez gets his suspension halved then? Very likely I'll bet.

Looking forward to the draw were us and Barca get drawn in the same group.  Almost a given.
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #6121: Aug 11, 2014 01:59:38 pm
      What are the bets that Suarez gets his suspension halved then? Very likely I'll bet.

Looking forward to the draw were us and Barca get drawn in the same group.  Almost a given.

His first game back vs us.

Can see it happening a mile off.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #6122: Aug 11, 2014 06:52:56 pm

Suarez ban rescinded and to receive official apology from FIFA for the stress and upset of such an unfair ban.... Liverpool banned from Europe for 2 years for failure to control their player.

Blatter - " Obviously we would never have contemplated such a ban if we had known he would become a Barcelona player. There is no such thing as bad players.... just bad owners."

:)
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #6123: Aug 11, 2014 07:05:44 pm

It's blatantly obvious that will happen, no doubt Barca will kick off otherwise and they wont let that happen because everyone kisses their ass!

Would hate for us to draw Barca to be honest, fear them more than any other team because I dread to think what he'd do to our defence, especially if Johnson plays.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #6124: Aug 12, 2014 04:01:33 am
      F***ing bring them on. I'd love to play them.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #6125: Aug 12, 2014 02:42:48 pm
      If Suarez ban gets halved that will be crap since in that case we should not have sold him
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,189 posts | 6346 
      Reply #6126: Aug 12, 2014 02:57:16 pm
      If Suarez ban gets halved that will be crap since in that case we should not have sold him

So you don't realize that Luis was gone regardless of his bite?

This move has been in the works for awhile, to believer otherwise is to be dangerously naive.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #6127: Aug 12, 2014 05:51:02 pm
      So you don't realize that Luis was gone regardless of his bite?

This move has been in the works for awhile, to believer otherwise is to be dangerously naive.
      You have a point.. however I don't think the CAS will reduce Suarez ban. Rugby players have been given 80 games ban and another 18 months before for biting so why would they think people can bite in football and expect a 4 month ban halved?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,189 posts | 6346 
      Reply #6128: Aug 12, 2014 06:31:13 pm
      You have a point.. however I don't think the CAS will reduce Suarez ban. Rugby players have been given 80 games ban and another 18 months before for biting so why would they think people can bite in football and expect a 4 month ban halved?

Oh it will happen, Barca is one of the "cherished" clubs in world football....what they want they usually get.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #6129: Aug 14, 2014 12:58:17 pm
      Aspas wading defending his former teammate!

Luis Suárez has been treated like a murderer, says Liverpool’s Iago Aspas
      Iago Aspas says his former Liverpool team-mate Luis Suárez has been “treated like a murderer” by Fifa after the Uruguayan bit Italy’s Giorgio Chiellini at the World Cup.

Aspas, who has been loaned to Sevilla for the forthcoming season, told the Spanish radio station Cadena Cope that he can understand why Suárez was banned from playing because it is not his first offence. However, he believes the Barcelona forward’s ban from all football related activity is excessive.

“They are treating Luis like a murderer and not like a footballer,” he said. “There are murderers who pay less [for what they have done]. Not to let him be presented [by Barcelona], to train or to enter the stadium is too much.”

Aspas failed to score a Premier League goal in a disappointing season at Anfield following his ÂŁ7.6m move from Celta Vigo, but said he enjoyed playing alongside players such as SuĂĄrez, Daniel Sturridge and Raheem Sterling.

“Liverpool had a great season and I learned a lot from my team-mates,” he said.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jul/23/luis-suarez-murderer-liverpool-iago-aspas-barcelona-bite

Also heard Luis has had to f**k off out of Barcelona because of the amount of people and press camped outside of his father in law's house.

Never had that sh*t in Woolton did you Luis?
      I disagree with Aspas here. He's not been treated like a murderer.  He's had a 4 months ban from football for a 3rd bite.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #6130: Aug 14, 2014 01:04:51 pm
      Oh it will happen, Barca is one of the "cherished" clubs in world football....what they want they usually get.
      if the ban gets overturned it's going to make fifa look a bit silly. Fifa are bigger than Barcelona.  I'd fully expect Suarez to be in fifa's bad books for a long time if the ban gets overturned.  Lose lose eitherway. Don't forget FIFA have a transfer ban on Barcelona on hold.

EDIT: It didn't happen. Ban upheld. Just cleared to train with Barcelona. It's on BBC news.
      « Last Edit: Aug 14, 2014 02:22:23 pm by Ribapuru »
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #6131: Aug 14, 2014 02:28:58 pm
      bla bla bla who the F**k cares anymore I am more interested in sundays game. Barca now parade their player and he can train so good for them.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #6132: Aug 14, 2014 02:43:54 pm
      Ban upheld.

Stupid bit, where he's not allowed to train or enter a stadium, removed.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #6133: Aug 15, 2014 03:27:28 am
      The proper punishment has been handed down now.

Still cannot believe Fifa tried to push through the stadium/training ban. Idiots.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #6134: Aug 15, 2014 06:34:16 am
      The proper punishment has been handed down now.

Still cannot believe Fifa tried to push through the stadium/training ban. Idiots.

As much as I wish he was still with us,  I can't wait to see how he fits in with Messi and Neymar
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #6135: Aug 15, 2014 07:17:06 am
      Me too.

I truly hope we play them at some point when both teams are at their full strength.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,999 posts | 3950 
      Reply #6136: Aug 15, 2014 01:06:30 pm
      Reds better off now Luis has gone
      Hamann feels Liverpool had to get rid of player who 'can't be trusted'

Former LFC midfielder Didi Hamann feels the club will be better off in the long term without Luis Suarez, a player he feels ''can't be trusted''.

full story:
      http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-better-without-luis-7610742
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #6137: Aug 15, 2014 01:44:08 pm
      Happy to see his training ban lifted at least!

Living the life in sunny Spain!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #6138: Aug 15, 2014 01:50:39 pm
      I genuinely don't give 2 shits how he gets on with Barca, I only care about Liverpool players.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #6139: Aug 15, 2014 01:55:38 pm
      Pretty in pink
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #6140: Aug 15, 2014 10:07:44 pm
      Don't have any strong views about Luis, he was fantastic for us and I wish him the best of luck. He isn't our player anymore but I still admire his quality. I can't help, from his sake, that he is taking a step down in terms of the league he is playing in.

Quick Reply