Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Luis Suarez (Liverpool -> Barcelona)

Read 783438 times
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: Luis Suarez: Liverpool -> Barcelona
      Reply #6210: Sep 25, 2014 01:45:44 pm
      As you said earlier it was also behind closed doors, which didn't contravene the conditions of his ban.
      He did score 2 goals.

So he was banned from all football playing except if its behind closed doors, although the worlds press were fully aware of the match, what a load of sh*t.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #6211: Sep 25, 2014 05:02:00 pm
      So he was banned from all football playing except if its behind closed doors, although the worlds press were fully aware of the match, what a load of sh*t.

Yes but he plays for Barca now, if he was still with us it would have still been a total ban from all football.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #6212: Sep 25, 2014 05:59:31 pm

He's Luis Suarez and he play's when he wants!
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,438 posts | 1463 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #6213: Sep 26, 2014 12:18:07 am
      Just watched the goals he scored the other day, put a bit of weight on not playing regular football eh?

Can't wait to see him back in action, a pleasure to watch, although won't be as sweet seeing him without our kit on.
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #6214: Sep 26, 2014 07:16:28 pm
      Just watched the goals he scored the other day, put a bit of weight on not playing regular football eh?

Can't wait to see him back in action, a pleasure to watch, although won't be as sweet seeing him without our kit on.

Not too sure about that TBH. There are loads of images from last year where he looked quite portly. I just thinks he's one of those players with a physique that doesn't lend too flatteringly to football kits.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #6215: Sep 28, 2014 08:34:24 am
      I don't want to sound bitter, but to be honest, I couldn't care less if he turns out to be a  massive flop in Spain! ( not that there's a chance that'll happen though)
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #6216: Sep 28, 2014 10:11:10 pm
      I don't want to sound bitter, but to be honest, I couldn't care less if he turns out to be a  massive flop in Spain! ( not that there's a chance that'll happen though)

I would care. I honestly admire the bloke as much as anyone in our te right now (Stevie G aside). He gave everything for this club. Yes, he wanted to leave but that was because he thought he could do better (the 2013 summer window). Still, he remained here and had the season of his life. Broke down in tears at Selhurst Park when it hit him that we wouldn't win the title.

He loves this club very much, but Barca was a once in a lifetime opportunity for him. We didn't fight to keep him either. We just let him go once £75m arrived our way. I hope he has a successful spell in Spain and maybe one day returns to this club as an attacking coach or something.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #6217: Oct 18, 2014 02:59:57 pm
      F**k I miss this lad.

Was watching the shitty and spuds game Aguero was immense and you could see in some of his play and movement he's been learning from Luis.

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #6218: Oct 21, 2014 05:14:43 am
      But still not a patch on Luis.

Best striker I've ever seen. Movement, assists, shooting, tenacity, determination. He is the definition of a beast.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,695 posts | 6696 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #6219: Oct 21, 2014 07:32:32 am
      But still not a patch on Luis.

Best striker I've ever seen. Movement, assists, shooting, tenacity, determination. He is the definition of a beast.

F***ing spot on.

Still can't believe he left us...guts me every day. Don't know how long it will take me to get over him. Don't think I will to be honest.

I have had a premonition that he comes back to us next season and the catalyst for his return is that he bites Messi in training!
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,341 posts | 1620 
      Reply #6220: Oct 21, 2014 07:47:26 am
      F***ing spot on.

Still can't believe he left us...guts me every day. Don't know how long it will take me to get over him. Don't think I will to be honest.

I have had a premonition that he comes back to us next season and the catalyst for his return is that he bites Messi in training!

Ha Ian you been smoking that sh*t again ,feel a bit like you mate he has left a hole impossible to fill the reason being he is genuine world class ,where as others labelled that way are simply good players.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,695 posts | 6696 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #6221: Oct 21, 2014 07:50:30 am
      Ha Ian you been smoking that sh*t again ,feel a bit like you mate he has left a hole impossible to fill the reason being he is genuine world class ,where as others labelled that way are simply good players.

Will smoke that sh*t till the day I die mate.   :chongin:

Agree 100% mate.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #6222: Oct 21, 2014 02:13:50 pm
      Was watching the shitty and spuds game Aguero was immense

Yep - was also watching that and thinking now that Suarez has gone how much Aguero will take the limelight - but you just know if Suarez was still in the Premier League that Aguero would still be second fiddle!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #6223: Oct 21, 2014 03:32:30 pm
      in all seriousness there is a very real chance that something will go wrong for him with Barcelona,a bunch of prancing prima donnas, and the Spanish press who make the English press look like pussycats in comparison, and I would love it if he then chose to come back to us, but it's a very long shot I know. He is a huge loss for us though.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #6224: Oct 21, 2014 05:24:42 pm
      Don't want him back. He obviously didn't want to be here so he can have at it somewhere else. Left us when we needed him most, personally that's worse than what Torres did, we didn't need Torres, he was already going downhill, it's obvious the lurch Luis has left us in this year. Dont really care if he gets on at Barca and don't want to see him in a red shirt ever again.
      TheRedPanda
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 362 posts | 82 
      Reply #6225: Oct 21, 2014 05:34:18 pm
      Don't want him back. He obviously didn't want to be here so he can have at it somewhere else. Left us when we needed him most, personally that's worse than what Torres did, we didn't need Torres, he was already going downhill, it's obvious the lurch Luis has left us in this year. Dont really care if he gets on at Barca and don't want to see him in a red shirt ever again.

Really? He left us when we needed him the most? He left us stronger than ever. Not his fault that we chose not to replace him adequately and keep on signing players for future. Worse than what Torres did? Really??

I would take him back in a heartbeat but that's my opinion.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #6226: Oct 21, 2014 06:06:36 pm

Just When I Needed You Most - Randy VanWarmer (with lyrics)
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #6227: Oct 21, 2014 08:07:09 pm
      Really? He left us when we needed him the most? He left us stronger than ever. Not his fault that we chose not to replace him adequately and keep on signing players for future. Worse than what Torres did? Really??

I would take him back in a heartbeat but that's my opinion.
      So you think we are stronger than ever?

Respectfully disagree based on the product on the pitch so far this year.

It's not his fault we couldnt replace him? So you think it was realistic for us to sign Messi or Ronaldo? Because those are the only two players remotely able to replace him. Otherwise it was always going to be a challenge to replace his goals and his play.

He and Torres both left for the same reasons, at least Torres leaving didn't leave us with a huge drop off. Suarez used us to get what he wanted (a move to Barca) and cast us aside when he didn't need us anymore. Had he stayed we could have had a legendary year and he could have cemented his status as one of the all time greats to play at this club by winning numerous honors along the way.

As it is now, he will always play second fiddle to Messi. Always.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #6228: Oct 21, 2014 11:57:01 pm
      So you think we are stronger than ever?

Respectfully disagree based on the product on the pitch so far this year.

It's not his fault we couldnt replace him? So you think it was realistic for us to sign Messi or Ronaldo? Because those are the only two players remotely able to replace him. Otherwise it was always going to be a challenge to replace his goals and his play.

He and Torres both left for the same reasons, at least Torres leaving didn't leave us with a huge drop off. Suarez used us to get what he wanted (a move to Barca) and cast us aside when he didn't need us anymore. Had he stayed we could have had a legendary year and he could have cemented his status as one of the all time greats to play at this club by winning numerous honors along the way.

As it is now, he will always play second fiddle to Messi. Always.

Crock of sh*t.

The very reason we had a strong year last year was because of Luis he single handedly pulled us to the Champions League and within reach of the title. This year's performances are a telling tale and proof of the change in system and struggles without him. Not entirely sure there was much contingency planning done to replace him in the summer the list of strikers we were linked with (Bony, Remy, Sanchez, Balotelli) were not of the same ilk nor did they posess the same characteristics that Suarez did that would compliment last years system. I don't see how he can be at fault for that as soon as a new contract was signed in December inclusive of a "buy out" clause were were always resigned to lose him point being  a plan should have been in motion then.

I don't see how you can draw parallels with Torres who sulked the last 6 months of his contract, was on the decline, nearly doubled his Liverpool wages and fecked off when we were in the Europa League and languishing in the bottom half of the table. In contract Luis left as the leagues best player and top scorer leaving us in the CL and runners up in the league. Different perosonalities, motives and characters of players they should never be compared.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #6229: Oct 22, 2014 12:11:26 am
      Childish, thought you were a bigger person than that.

The very reason we had a strong year last year was because of Luis he single handedly pulled us to the Champions League and within reach of the title. This year's performances are a telling tale and proof of the change in system and struggles without him.
      And I don't see anywhere that I contested that. In fact I'm pretty sure that my posts have noted that he was one of the main reasons we did as good as we did and one of the main reasons we aren't doing as well right now.

Not entirely sure there was much contingency planning done to replace him in the summer the list of strikers we were linked with (Bony, Remy, Sanchez, Balotelli) were not of the same ilk nor did they posess the same characteristics that Suarez did that would compliment last years system.
      How do you do contingency planning for losing the 3rd (maybe better) best player in the world? Like I said, unless you buy #1 or #2 then you'll only be downgrading. Not sure how that's our fault that. Kenny and Brendan helped make him what he is today by believing in him, supporting him and then building a team around (for) him. And the lack of loyalty that he shows by first off trying to weasel out of his contract last summer, and then forcing his way out this summer doesn't sit well with me.

I don't see how he can be at fault for that as soon as a new contract was signed in December inclusive of a "buy out" clause were were always resigned to lose him point being  a plan should have been in motion then.
      Again, he was unreplaceable. He knew that, and he also knew that we needed him but turned his back and thought of himself only. That's his right to do that, but it's also my right to think he's a turd for doing it.

I don't see how you can draw parallels with Torres who sulked the last 6 months of his contract, was on the decline, nearly doubled his Liverpool wages and fecked off when we were in the Europa League and languishing in the bottom half of the table. In contract Luis left as the leagues best player and top scorer leaving us in the CL and runners up in the league. Different perosonalities, motives and characters of players they should never be compared.

The only difference is that Luis is twice the player Torres is. Motives were exactly the same.......both wanted glory for themselves, not for their team.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #6230: Oct 22, 2014 12:21:17 am
      Childish, thought you were a bigger person than that.
      And I don't see anywhere that I contested that. In fact I'm pretty sure that my posts have noted that he was one of the main reasons we did as good as we did and one of the main reasons we aren't doing as well right now.
      How do you do contingency planning for losing the 3rd (maybe better) best player in the world? Like I said, unless you buy #1 or #2 then you'll only be downgrading. Not sure how that's our fault that. Kenny and Brendan helped make him what he is today by believing in him, supporting him and then building a team around (for) him. And the lack of loyalty that he shows by first off trying to weasel out of his contract last summer, and then forcing his way out this summer doesn't sit well with me.
      Again, he was unreplaceable. He knew that, and he also knew that we needed him but turned his back and thought of himself only. That's his right to do that, but it's also my right to think he's a turd for doing it.

The only difference is that Luis is twice the player Torres is. Motives were exactly the same.......both wanted glory for themselves, not for their team.

I agree with most of that mate.

I don't agree that Luis was twice the player Torres was (for us) and I believe Torres had better reasons to leave us than Luis did.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #6231: Oct 22, 2014 12:26:18 am
      I don't agree that Luis was twice the player Torres was (for us)

Not twice the player but he certainly was a better player. Torres was starting to show a massive decline in his form as time went on with us where as Suarez was just looking better and better.

Suarez has the whole lot, phenomenal finisher, exquisite freekicks, passing that you'd think only Gerrard and Alonso could do, near on impossible to tackle, nonstop work rate and desire to win, dangerous in the air and on the whole a fantastic player.
      Torres would often drift in and out of games and although he could score a great goal out of nothing I don't think he was able to do it on the level Suarez can, and he was quite injury prone.

If I was given the choice of who we could have; Torres at his best with us or Suarez at his best for us then I would choose Suarez without even the slightest bit of doubt.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #6232: Oct 22, 2014 12:32:55 am
      Not twice the player but he certainly was a better player. Torres was starting to show a massive decline in his form as time went on with us where as Suarez was just looking better and better.

Suarez has the whole lot, phenomenal finisher, exquisite freekicks, passing that you'd think only Gerrard and Alonso could do, near on impossible to tackle, nonstop work rate and desire to win, dangerous in the air and on the whole a fantastic player.
      Torres would often drift in and out of games and although he could score a great goal out of nothing I don't think he was able to do it on the level Suarez can, and he was quite injury prone.

If I was given the choice of who we could have; Torres at his best with us or Suarez at his best for us then I would choose Suarez without even the slightest bit of doubt.

Totally agree mate, but Torres was a great striker (for us) too and he scored his goals from a lot less chances than Luis did.

No doubt that Luis was better but Torres was an exceptional striker too.

Quick Reply