Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Luis Suarez (Liverpool -> Barcelona)

Read 780861 times
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Re: Luis Suarez: Liverpool -> Barcelona
      Reply #6279: Oct 30, 2014 10:12:03 am
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #6280: Oct 31, 2014 12:06:54 am

It's not right, he should be doing that for us. I still feel like I should refuse to believe he ever left us.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #6281: Oct 31, 2014 07:47:38 am
      The one sure thing is we got no one who would even think of that ,letting him go is the biggest fck up since upping the speed on the titanic.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #6282: Oct 31, 2014 07:51:01 am
      £75m? I reckon we were shafted

Exactly mate, should have been at the very least 100 million pounds. That F***ing bite cost us 25 mill.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #6283: Oct 31, 2014 10:04:00 am
      I enjoyed watching him lose yesterday, and getting subbed for his troubles! Also glad to hear he's getting the European paparazzi treatment.

He had it so good here. He'll realise that when he's benched for Messi FC in a half empty Nou Camp in completely uncompetitive La Liga games.

Not bitter then ?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #6284: Oct 31, 2014 03:29:17 pm
      Love him to bits and would take him back in a heart beat.
      when left he did not only leave a huge gap in the talent he took out of the team but he inspired the others to fight as much as he did he was truly inspirational. Never forget the Palace game its showed how much he wanted to win and I don't see any others who want to win as much as he did we have become a very quiet team without him
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #6285: Nov 01, 2014 04:54:38 am
      Love him to bits and would take him back in a heart beat.
      when left he did not only leave a huge gap in the talent he took out of the team but he inspired the others to fight as much as he did he was truly inspirational. Never forget the Palace game its showed how much he wanted to win and I don't see any others who want to win as much as he did we have become a very quiet team without him

Spot F***ing on...come back Luis.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #6286: Nov 01, 2014 10:08:54 am
      The Ballon D'or nominations list is now out and there is no Luis Suarez yet Mascherano is on there. Obviously threw his chances away when he bit Chiellini. There is obviously only going to be one winner but he could have come a more than respectable second.

Masch got Barcelona's player of the year award for last season !
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #6287: Nov 01, 2014 03:00:17 pm
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #6288: Nov 01, 2014 03:01:03 pm
      Miss this guy. Thought it wouldn't be a thing but it is, he was such an inspiration to our team with his hunger and desire.

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #6289: Nov 01, 2014 03:50:44 pm
      The ''wisdom'' of prioritising finance and buying potential instead of a proven hitman has predictably come back to haunt us.
      « Last Edit: Nov 01, 2014 05:59:32 pm by stuey »
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #6290: Nov 01, 2014 04:00:50 pm
      Absolute nutcase sometimes but amazing player.

Miss watching Liverpool without him now.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #6291: Nov 01, 2014 04:11:38 pm
      The ''wisdom'' of prioritising finance and buying potential instead of a proven hitman have predictably come back to haunt us.
      Maybe the blame should go where the blame should go...with the one that didn't want to play for us anymore...Suarez.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #6292: Nov 01, 2014 04:39:10 pm
      Maybe the blame should go where the blame should go...with the one that didn't want to play for us anymore...Suarez.

The man was looking for success and following his heart, the misjudgement on using his fee is a subject for more scrutiny.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #6293: Nov 01, 2014 06:07:31 pm
      The man was looking for success and following his heart, the misjudgement on using his fee is a subject for more scrutiny.

If he thought we had a team to win the league and the CL he would go nowhere but Anfield.He looked around saw weakness and doubt and jumped ship cant say I blame him and looking at this season so far it seems he was right
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #6294: Nov 01, 2014 06:18:53 pm
      If he thought we had a team to win the league and the CL he would go nowhere but Anfield.He looked around saw weakness and doubt and jumped ship cant say I blame him and looking at this season so far it seems he was right

He certainly had no faith in the actions of our owners or their assurances about his future and that of the club - apparently he wasn't a bad judge.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #6295: Nov 02, 2014 05:19:36 am
      I miss the crazy f**ker everytime we run out on the pitch.

The thing is if we knew Luis was in the side, anything was possible and we could get ourselves out of any mess we were in with a moment of magic from the lad.

What upsets me the most about him leaving is that we were so F***ing close for the first time in 25 years of winning The Title. Barca are always around the mark in their League and he has plenty of time to win League Titles with them. Surely he could have given us another couple of years or even 1 more season to see if he could win that elusive Title with us and for us and in doing that etched his name into Liverpool folklore. At Barca he'll just be another Superstar that came and went.

No matter what anyone says, I don't think I'll ever get over him leaving us.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #6296: Nov 02, 2014 04:09:10 pm

Sorry, but that's revision at best and bullshit at worst. We finished second last year and were adding to the squad -- a squad which he was part of and which, again, finished second. We were clearly going to add to that squad with added revenues from Champions League et al, and we'd be sitting near the top of the table, if not in first, with him right now. Our drop in form is not due so much to quality of the squad as it is due to the loss of its two focal points.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #6297: Nov 02, 2014 10:27:52 pm
      Sorry, but that's revision at best and bullshit at worst. We finished second last year and were adding to the squad -- a squad which he was part of and which, again, finished second. We were clearly going to add to that squad with added revenues from Champions League et al, and we'd be sitting near the top of the table, if not in first, with him right now. Our drop in form is not due so much to quality of the squad as it is due to the loss of its two focal points.

Don't be stupid he new he was carrying this team all season and he also new we would not be bringing in similar calibre players to him.The burden got to him at Palace when we gave away the lead. Your post is pure fantasy.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #6298: Nov 02, 2014 11:39:01 pm
      Had a quick look at some of his touches for Barcelona in their defeat the other day - some good touches and movement despite the 4 month lay off.  Tough job at Barca is integrating them all to get the best out of them - be hard for him going from being the main man to one of the main men.

Think he'll do well for them though as long as he is given licence for a bit of freedom.  Think he was so effective for us because when he got the ball he knew he could do what he wanted - maybe at Barca he will feel compelled to look to find Neymar or Messi etc?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #6299: Nov 03, 2014 02:25:39 pm
      Exactly,  anything else is simply excuses made to try and defend the actions of a player that was always supported to the max, but in the end let us ALL down when we needed him the most.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #6300: Nov 03, 2014 03:07:29 pm
      He certainly had no faith in the actions of our owners or their assurances about his future and that of the club - apparently he wasn't a bad judge.

Sorry but what are you basing this on, has he actually said this? You seem to have a huge agenda against the owners not paying way over the top salaries to every mercenary player onthe planet, but let me ask you this, would you be happy to pay an increased ticket price if it meant that we could get the likes of Di Maria? If so then I'm sure the owners would willingly oblige becuase the money for increased salaries has to come from somewhere, that's kind of how a business works.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #6301: Nov 03, 2014 07:01:31 pm
      Don't be stupid he new he was carrying this team all season and he also new we would not be bringing in similar calibre players to him.The burden got to him at Palace when we gave away the lead. Your post is pure fantasy.

Saying Suarez carried the team is a huge disservice to a number of our players. Like Sturridge. Like Sterling. Like Henderson. Like Gerrard. Like Coutinho. Hell, even like Skrtel, who scored more against City, Chelsea and Arsenal Luis did last year.

He was always going to leave the minute Barcelona came in for him for a bunch of personal reasons that have nothing to do with the strength of our squad. Not to mention that his third biting incident occurred June 24. A full week before the international transfer window was open. How was he going to judge who we were and weren't going to be signing when he was halfway across the world biting people?

Quick Reply