Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Luis Suarez (Liverpool -> Barcelona)

Read 780779 times
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Re: Luis Suarez: Liverpool -> Barcelona
      Reply #6463: Mar 22, 2015 09:33:24 pm
      He's playing oustanding, both Messi and Neymar are not passing to him at all while he's making runs, passing to them, pair of greedy cu*ts them.

Suarez is a complete team player, must wind him right up.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #6464: Mar 22, 2015 09:44:44 pm
      I screamed "You motherfucker!" when he scored. I miss him terribly :laugh:

He's playing oustanding, both Messi and Neymar are not passing to him at all while he's making runs, passing to them, pair of greedy cu*ts them.

Suarez is a complete team player, must wind him right up.

I've noticed that! He moves into a great space to finish the game off and they refuse to pass. cu*ts.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #6465: Mar 22, 2015 11:14:01 pm
      What a goal.

Gwan Luis, lad. 6 in his last 7 in La Liga.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #6466: Mar 22, 2015 11:50:31 pm
      What a goal.

Gwan Luis, lad. 6 in his last 7 in La Liga.

Class is permanent.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #6467: Mar 23, 2015 12:28:11 am
      Please stop this bullshit about neymar and messi not passing to him, not backed up in any way shape or form
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #6468: Mar 23, 2015 01:56:43 am
      Please stop this bullshit about neymar and messi not passing to him, not backed up in any way shape or form

Oh it's backed up by watching the game and witnessing it. So it is backed up in every shape and form by first hand evidence.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #6469: Mar 23, 2015 02:41:03 am

You've obviously not been watching Barcelona lately then lad.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #6470: Mar 23, 2015 05:12:08 pm
      You've obviously not been watching Barcelona lately then lad.

yeah i watch the games and if you are going to be honest Suarez could be accused of exactly the same thing
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #6471: Mar 23, 2015 05:14:20 pm
      Oh it's backed up by watching the game and witnessing it. So it is backed up in every shape and form by first hand evidence.

take the blinkers off Suarez could be accused of the same thing, the point i am making is the inference that it is almost deliberate
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #6472: Mar 23, 2015 05:30:56 pm
      take the blinkers off Suarez could be accused of the same thing, the point i am making is the inference that it is almost deliberate

No blinkers and you're wrong Suarez passes a much higher percentage of times when it is the better option. Hence why he has so many assists this season.

Just watch the last 30 mins or so again and see that Suarez was in clear goal scoring opportunities unmarked while either Neymar or Messi had easy possession and they both chose to take the much harder option and be greedy. This happened at least 3 or 4 times just in those 30 mintues and while I accept a certain amount of greed is needed in a striker/goalscorer it's also very clear that there's an issue there.

mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #6473: Mar 23, 2015 06:07:50 pm
      yeah i watch the games and if you are going to be honest Suarez could be accused of exactly the same thing

Did you watch the game last night? He must have passed or tried to pass to Neymar and Messi about 20 times at least.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #6474: Mar 23, 2015 06:29:30 pm
      Have to agree that Messi uses Neymar more often than Suarez and has been like this since Suarez returned. As for the rest of the team (including Neymar) they have it in their contract to look to pass to Messi first and foremost :D
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #6475: Mar 23, 2015 08:09:13 pm
      Did you watch the game last night? He must have passed or tried to pass to Neymar and Messi about 20 times at least.

i did watch the game, 20 times, did you go to the George Osborne school of accounting, there was one run from neymar where he should have passed
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #6476: Mar 23, 2015 08:12:13 pm
      Have to agree that Messi uses Neymar more often than Suarez and has been like this since Suarez returned. As for the rest of the team (including Neymar) they have it in their contract to look to pass to Messi first and foremost :D

it's quite understandable and not really any different to when stevie with hendo etc, as for an issue with Suarez that is pure fantasy
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #6477: Mar 23, 2015 08:19:56 pm
      it's quite understandable and not really any different to when stevie with hendo etc, as for an issue with Suarez that is pure fantasy

I don't think there's an issue with Suarez, Just Messi trusts Neymar more at the moment which as you mentioned, is understandable as they have been together longer.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #6478: Mar 23, 2015 08:48:22 pm
      I don't think there's an issue with Suarez, Just Messi trusts Neymar more at the moment which as you mentioned, is understandable as they have been together longer.

fair enough but i think if you ask Luis who got into the odd ruck with team mates like huntelaar about passing etc then I'm sure you won't hear him complain, i just cannot see how a team at that level could operate with three strong personalities up front on the basis that there is a deliberate policy. It's no great secret that that unlike previous Barcelona number 9's there is a good relationship on and off the pitch. Anyway  i can't force myself to begrudge Luis doing well, deep down i want Torres to do well at atletico
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #6479: Mar 24, 2015 11:38:48 pm
      Good to see him score the winner in such a big game. Settling in well over there now.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #6480: Mar 29, 2015 11:05:48 am
      Diego Forlan: My friend Luis Suarez becoming a success at Barcleona is nothing less than he deserves

Being proud of him as a friend and also as a Uruguayan, I congratulated Luis Suarez after he scored the winner in el clasico against Real Madrid last ­weekend.

We live on opposite sides of the world, but we talk a lot. He was genuinely happy in Liverpool and had a real affection for that club, but the Barcelona move was right for him.

A change was good for him at that time and he moved to a city he knew well, one where his in-laws lived and where Spanish is spoken.

And it was Barca, playing with some of the best players in the world. Which player would not be attracted to that?

He took time to settle at Barcelona because he’s human and needed to adapt and know his new teammates and new life.

Not being able to play because he was banned didn’t help him, but once he returned in October’s clasico he began to build a rhythm and get used to a new role in the team.

In Liverpool he played on his own as the main striker or with a player behind him as he does for Uruguay. He had space.

For Barca, there are three strikers and opponents play deeper. There’s little space for strikers and he’s adapted well.

By the clasico on Sunday he had become an important Barca player, with several important goals and assists. He’s assisted more than he’s scored, that has been a change to his game.

If he’s taken attention away from Neymar and Messi, then that helps Barca.

Luis joined a club in transition who didn’t win anything last year. This season, they look better and he’s been a success.

You might think that Barca didn’t need a goalscorer, but Luis brings something different to their team.

Different goals and assists because he’s a different type of player from Neymar and Messi. He’s a team player, too, one who values an assist.

The strikers all get on well, which is important and not always the case, but it doesn’t surprise me that three South Americans are friends.

Luis is from Salto, right on the border with Argentina and not far from Brazil. It’s a city of only 100,000, but he and Edinson Cavani are both from Salto.

Is there another city so small which has produced two world-class strikers? Pedro Virgilio Rocha, a legendary Uruguayan player who played with my father, also came from Salto.

I knew Luis had great potential from when I first played against him in a warm-up game when he was in Uruguay’s Under 20s as they prepared for their World Cup in Canada.

I could see his talent, he was outstanding then, but I didn’t properly speak to him until he made his full Uruguay debut.

He was a little shy, as players are when they join a new team, but I could see that he was a nice guy.

When I first started speaking to him I could see that he was polite, respectful and keen to learn. We had a very good connection on and off the pitch.

He’s had major ups and downs in his career and I’ve seen some close at hand.

In the 2010 World Cup, he came to me. He was down and frustrated because he’d not scored in the opening two games against France and South Africa.

Yet he was playing well and contributing to our success, that was the most important thing. He’d see that now, but he didn’t then. He thought that goals were the only thing that mattered.

I encouraged him and he scored in our third game, the only goal against Mexico.

People often ask me what Luis is like. I tell them that he’s a fighter on the pitch who wants to win all the time. He’ll argue and do everything he can within the laws of he game to win.

He is not a player who thinks that football should be played by men wearing white gloves; he knows it can be a hard and aggressive game.

Off the field? He’s a quiet family man with his wife Sofia and daughter. He’s close to his brother, too.

He spent a lot of time with them at the start of this season because he couldn’t play for his club and country.

Not playing could help him at the end of the season. He’ll be fresher because he hasn’t travelled so much or played as many games as other players and Barca, rather than Uruguay (he is still serving an international ban), should benefit from that

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #6481: Mar 30, 2015 09:39:05 pm
      Good read from forlan
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #6482: Apr 01, 2015 02:45:42 am
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #6483: Apr 01, 2015 01:28:08 pm
      I don't get why we are all expected to have some sort of undying love for Suarez when he left us to pursue his OWN goals (dreams). It's amazing how much support he gets when we have players currently on the roster that get criticized left and right because they AREN'T Luis Suarez.

He's a great footballer and fun to watch, but he's not a Liverpool legend and never will be. I wish some folks would stop treating him like one.

I wish most of the current playing staff had the same desire as Luis.

PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #6484: Apr 01, 2015 01:33:17 pm

Oh the memories!!!

That Newcastle goal was probably the best goal I've seen Suarez score for us :)
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #6485: Apr 01, 2015 07:16:33 pm
      Oh the memories!!!

That Newcastle goal was probably the best goal I've seen Suarez score for us :)

John Ruddy might have something to say about that.

Quick Reply