Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Ultramarines - A Warhammer 40,000 Movie

Read 1726 times
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Ultramarines - A Warhammer 40,000 Movie
      Jan 28, 2011 10:34:25 pm
      Just seen this at last!

I'm not a die-hard of the Warhammer 40,000 universe, although when younger I had some friends who were very much into it. As such, I knew a little about the Space Hulk game, and the various different chapters of Space Marines. I also enjoyed drawing and painting combat scenes involving these characters.

I was pretty excited when I found out they were making a film.

It's a CGI film, featuring the voices of Terence Stamp and Sean Pertwee, amongst others. I really enjoyed the oppressive atmosphere of the film, and the gritty way the marines face the fact that they are to fight and die for their cause.

I don't know what an obsessive Warhammer fan would think of it, but I personally found it loyal and well-researched.

On the downside, I found it suffered from an obvious lack of funding. It was quite short (1h 10m), and it basically looks like an extended film from a video game, but I do think the producers made the most of what they had.

Ideally, I think the universe is hugely interesting, and whilst it would never happen, it would be amazing to think what someone like Ridley Scott could do with it and a Hollywood budget!

There's a website about it here if anyone's interested: http://ultramarinesthemovie.com/

And a trailer:

ULTRAMARINES Movie - Trailer2

"You must be steel. You must be DOOM." Love it!

Quick Reply