Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Andy Carroll (Liverpool > West Ham Utd)

Read 435233 times
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Re: Andy Carroll Player Thread
      Reply #253: Feb 01, 2011 04:13:15 pm
      Not the most interesting interview (no fault of Andy's). They may as well have asked...

'On a scale of one to ten, how excited are you?'

...and left it at that.
      Haris
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 130 posts |
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #254: Feb 01, 2011 04:15:39 pm
      Welcome Andy!
      LFCBAFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,539 posts | 30 
      • Scousers rule the country!
      Reply #255: Feb 01, 2011 04:18:00 pm
      Might get his name and number on the back of my away shirt :)
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #256: Feb 01, 2011 04:22:36 pm
      I said months ago Carroll would be a good signing for us, and a great partner for Torres back then. Unfortunately not to be with Torres. Also remember being laughed at by just about one and all, with Carroll being described as a donkey. Wonder how those forum members feel about Carroll now...?
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,352 posts | 2818 
      Reply #257: Feb 01, 2011 04:25:27 pm
      This boy will be brilliant here.

He's not just good in the air. He's pretty clinical around the box and has a decent shot on him from distance. Don't think he is that slow either.

Can't wait to see him in action!
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #258: Feb 01, 2011 04:27:09 pm
      Welcome to LFC, Andy. xxxxx:action-smiley-065: xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

Best of luck to you. :kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6:
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,231 posts | 2807 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #259: Feb 01, 2011 04:35:23 pm
      For those saying its a gamble, yes it is, but isnt it about time this club took gambles? For far too long Ive sat back and watched clubs like Chelsea,Spurs and city, clubs who cant hold a candle to this club, smash us in the trasnsfer markt.

Well no more. I hope this is thge tip of the iceberg that gets us back on our perch
      lfcgirl9
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 74 posts |
      • In King Kenny We Trust.
      Reply #260: Feb 01, 2011 04:37:39 pm
      Welcome to Liverpool Andy  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

Heavy fee but his played in the premiership so hopefully won't take too long to settle, looking forward to seeing him become a top player for us.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,352 posts | 2818 
      Reply #261: Feb 01, 2011 04:43:49 pm
      Won't be playing for at least a few weeks.  :-\
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #262: Feb 01, 2011 05:08:14 pm
      Woken up this morning still excited about this lad, and Suarez. Thought if anything maybe i'd be hit by a realization we had lost Torres, but i honestly don't care. Burnt his bridges he did!

Really excited. Not worried about the did he or didn't he want to leave, regardless of what happened he is here and signed a long contract. He's our number 9, so heres to a big future!
      Podge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,095 posts | 14 
      Reply #263: Feb 01, 2011 05:09:51 pm
      Its gonna be a lot of pressure for a young lad to handle...I hope he can handle it. Having read that interview...he doesn't seem overly confident. Maybe Im just being an overly-critical dick...but he uses the word "try" a lot and the sentence "I think I can do it" is a bit disappointing...YOU CAN AND WILL DO IT ANDY!!! Come on my son!!
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #264: Feb 01, 2011 05:10:10 pm
      Nolan talking on LFCTV right now about Carroll.
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #265: Feb 01, 2011 05:11:12 pm
      Woken up this morning still excited about this lad, and Suarez. Thought if anything maybe i'd be hit by a realization we had lost Torres, but i honestly don't care. Burnt his bridges he did!

Really excited. Not worried about the did he or didn't he want to leave, regardless of what happened he is here and signed a long contract. He's our number 9, so heres to a big future!

same as. Good riddance to the traitor. Onwards + upwards for the club and to the players that actually want to be here. I'm confident we'll be the ones laughing at the end of the season.

RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #266: Feb 01, 2011 05:27:29 pm
      As we have bought an injured player, does that mean he will go out on loan in August? :roll:

Kenny says he is a few weeks away from coming back, the BBC have interpreted that as SEVERAL, tossers.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/9383908.stm
      poolio_54
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 376 posts | 11 
      Reply #267: Feb 01, 2011 05:33:17 pm
      Welcome to LFC Andy we maybe paid a little to much for you but that was just the way the market is so lets not all expect him to live up to the price straight away I just want to see this young lad relishing his football. Can't wait to get behind him and Suarez, bit gutted he'll be missing Sun though
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #268: Feb 01, 2011 05:39:28 pm
      I said months ago Carroll would be a good signing for us, and a great partner for Torres back then. Unfortunately not to be with Torres. Also remember being laughed at by just about one and all, with Carroll being described as a donkey. Wonder how those forum members feel about Carroll now...?
      I didn't see your post but hand-on-heart, I also hoped we'd sign him but didn't think we'd have a chance of wrestling him from the Barcodes. To be perfectly honest, it's hard for me to explain what I like about him, there's just something there that makes me think he could become a great great player. Whether it's his attitude, his ability, his athleticism, I'm not sure but I'm really happy that we've signed him.
      TonioLerouge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,170 posts | 59 
      Reply #269: Feb 01, 2011 06:03:33 pm
      I think he has a huge potential and I believe in him to give all he can on the field, the only thing that worries me is his attitude out of the pitch. Seems he had problems with alcohol several times in his short carreer, and the club will need to watch closely what he is making of himself, and his mates to avoid to give him new temptations.
      samylfc
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 392 posts |
      Reply #270: Feb 01, 2011 06:09:10 pm
      Welcome to Liverpool Andy.

Forget the price, I think it's a great signing a young lad, very powerfull, top draw in the air and able to hold the ball. He is also working his socks off as a first line of defense and with Suarez in the area with him, we could see a lot of balls being nicked in the opposite half and finishing in the back of the net without any other players of our team touching the ball.

It is a massive opportunity for him and I'd like to think he will take it both hands. The hic, he is injured at the moment but I'm confident that when back he will be firing all cylinders.

Nothing much to read in his first interview though, it's all about making a good impression.
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #271: Feb 01, 2011 06:09:26 pm
      I skimmed through your posts, you mentioned him back in December. Seems like it was only one person replying to you and slating you for it, our resident optimist corballyred. Apparently he thought Carroll would be Hodgson's dream signing, and an one trick pony. No wonder he thought it was a disgrace and felt like crying when we signed him.

Personally don't think Torres and Carroll would've made the best couple though, think Carroll and Suarez compliment each other better.
      « Last Edit: Feb 01, 2011 06:15:35 pm by Dexter »
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #272: Feb 01, 2011 06:09:41 pm
      Won't be playing for at least a few weeks.  :-\

It's ok pal, there are another 270+ weeks that he will be with us after his recovers :D
      Christ
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,209 posts | 40 
      Reply #273: Feb 01, 2011 06:30:34 pm
      welcome Andy and good luck

my only concern is his behaviour outside football, the boy is a massive talent.. and wiki probably makes him seem worse than he is. fingers crossed

if we had bid 25 million Tottenham would of matched it so we had to price them out of any deal.
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #274: Feb 01, 2011 06:47:32 pm
      Welcome Andy! Your gonna love it here!  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #275: Feb 01, 2011 06:54:12 pm
       Those saying it is a gamble are right, it is. Those who are saying we paid over the odds are right, we did. That said, a fella posted yesterday (and apologies I can't remember who it was) that if it was a choice between getting a bit ripped off on the price and buying him, or buying nobody and not getting him or anyone else till the end of the season it was a no brainer. He was on the money on that one. We absolutely had to get a striker, and I'm over the moon it's this kid.

As far as the gamble goes, we are gambling I suppose that he firstly continues to develop, and secondly doesn't throw a wobbler in a nightclub. He's not suddenly going to become bad at heading it, so both offensively and in defending corners and set pieces we are bound to improve that much is a given. He's not suddenly going to stop trying I wouldn't have thought, so he'll continue to be good at holding it up, giving us an out ball, bringing other players into it etc etc.

The genius of the signing for me is the stuff which surrounds it. He is absolutely definately going to be Englands chosen target man through to the European Championship, where he will play alongside Rooney up top and the best of our midfielders all around him. This is definately going to improve him as a player, it's unavoidable. Also, he's got Suarez playing alongside him who will at the very least share the scoring burden, and very likely outscore him. That's excellent as the pressure won't build if he goes a game or two without registering. Next, we've nicked him just before he explodes if indeed it is going to happen. The ONLY way we can compete in the market with the Manchester clubs is if we outsmart them, get in sharpish, duck and dive a bit. I really think we've done a good deal here.

Remember when the mancs paid 30 mill for Rio Ferdinand (years ago it was) and everyone said it was too much etc etc. Well he's been one of their best players for absolutely years, the cornerstone of their title challenge year on year. This kid might be that for us as well in a couple of seasons, 35 mill might look cheap then.

Quick Reply