Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Fernando Torres (The Post Liverpool years)

Read 461625 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Fernando Torres (The Chelsea years)
      Reply #4991: Jul 28, 2014 05:55:14 pm
      Love seeing it go so sh*t for him. Serves him right for thinking he could use us a stepping stone to go onto bigger and better things.
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #4992: Jul 28, 2014 10:48:06 pm
      Karma is a damn bi*ch. Biggest flop in football history along with that Kaka bloke.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #4993: Jul 28, 2014 11:11:08 pm
      There's absolutely nothing left of El Nino.

I wonder if there is a footie Space Jam going on, that can be the only sane reason left as to why he has gone so sh*te!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #4994: Jul 28, 2014 11:32:54 pm
      There's absolutely nothing left of El Nino.

I wonder if there is a footie Space Jam going on, that can be the only sane reason left as to why he has gone so sh*te!

He is now El Finished.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #4995: Jul 31, 2014 04:23:32 pm
      It was a case of ~"be careful what you wish for it may just come true" he made his bed and hehasn't got out of it for thepast 3 years
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #4996: Jul 31, 2014 05:03:36 pm
      Karma is a damn bi*ch. Biggest flop in football history along with that Kaka bloke.

Kaka was a sensational player in his first stint at AC Milan. Runner up in 2005 and winner of CL in 2007, he was at the heart of the last good Milan side. A really superb player. To say he's a flop just shows you're either a troll or utterly clueless. I suspect it's the latter.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #4997: Aug 21, 2014 04:40:16 pm
      Torres trying to do the ice-bucket challenge

CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #4998: Aug 21, 2014 06:06:54 pm
      Kaka was a sensational player in his first stint at AC Milan. Runner up in 2005 and winner of CL in 2007, he was at the heart of the last good Milan side.

Wow, have I just read this complete garbage? You even said it yourself - "first stint at Milan". What did you think I was referring to when I labelled him a flop? Did you happen to think I was referring to this "first stint" of his? Or maybe did it occur to you that I may have referred to his Real Madrid days where he failed miserably to live up to his £56m price tag? There is no doubt that he was one of the biggest transfer flops in the history of the sport.

And then you have the audacity to label me clueless? There is nothing worse than being arrogant and wrong, and this strongly applies to you.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,897 posts | 816 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #4999: Aug 21, 2014 06:24:12 pm
      Wow, have I just read this complete garbage? You even said it yourself - "first stint at Milan". What did you think I was referring to when I labelled him a flop? Did you happen to think I was referring to this "first stint" of his? Or maybe did it occur to you that I may have referred to his Real Madrid days where he failed miserably to live up to his £56m price tag? There is no doubt that he was one of the biggest transfer flops in the history of the sport.

And then you have the audacity to label me clueless? There is nothing worse than being arrogant and wrong, and this strongly applies to you.

Mate, I think Kaka was out of favour most of the time he was at Madrid, I might be just be being ignorant and not know stats to back it up, but I thought he never lost his talent just never got to play consistently in his favourite role.

Unlike Torres who time and time again has played up front with no rewards for it because he is sh*t and a flop.
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #5000: Aug 21, 2014 06:32:49 pm

Mate, I think Kaka was out of favour most of the time he was at Madrid, I might be just be being ignorant and not know stats to back it up, but I thought he never lost his talent just never got to play consistently in his favourite role.

Unlike Torres who time and time again has played up front with no rewards for it because he is sh*t and a flop.

Torres plays different at Chelsea to how he did at Liverpool. Our system under Benitez was tailor made for him, in the same way that AC Milan's system under Ancelotti was perfect for Kaka at the time. Both players moved on to seemingly further their careers, were not given the same amount of freedom and as a result looked a shadow of their former selves. If this isn't flopping, then I don't know what is.

I saw Kaka for Real Madrid numerous of times. He couldn't fit in there; he couldn't excel there. If anything, at times, he was God Damn awful there.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #5001: Aug 25, 2014 01:23:25 pm
      So now the Chavs will have to pay rent boy £16 million just to f*ck off. If they pay off the last 2 years of his remaining contract at £150k per week all in all he will have cost the Chavs in the region of £94 million  :lmao:
      LFCexiled
      Reply #5002: Aug 25, 2014 01:30:19 pm
      So now the Chavs will have to pay rent boy £16 million just to f*ck off. If they pay off the last 2 years of his remaining contract at £150k per week all in all he will have cost the Chavs in the region of £94 million  :lmao:

FROM                     FEE         LEAGUE       FA CUP          LGE CUP      OTHER
                                APPS   GLS   APPS      GLS   APPS   GLS      APPS   GLS

31 Jan, 11      Â£50,000,000   72 (38)   20   7 (6)   4   5 (1)   3        33 (10)   19

About £2m a goal then, 46 goals in nearly 4 years. Phenomenal.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #5003: Aug 25, 2014 01:39:42 pm
      FROM                     FEE         LEAGUE       FA CUP          LGE CUP      OTHER
                                APPS   GLS   APPS      GLS   APPS   GLS      APPS   GLS

31 Jan, 11      Â£50,000,000   72 (38)   20   7 (6)   4   5 (1)   3        33 (10)   19

About £2m a goal then, 46 goals in nearly 4 years. Phenomenal.

I bet Chelsea wish they had bought Andy Carroll now :).
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #5004: Aug 26, 2014 07:41:16 pm
      Serves him right for spitting in our face with his transfer to Chelshit.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,911 posts | 4979 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #5005: Aug 26, 2014 08:22:17 pm
      I'd have him back for the right money (about 10 mill with them paying 2/3 of his wages). Seriously, I would.

I'd rather bring back Veronin, cos he wouldn't get a game either,

F**k nando he made his bed and all that, thought the grass was greener down the kings Road, as it turned out only one swallow made his summer, and now, the autumn of his career has arrived he nurses the splinters on his f***in arse,

Like that other judas kunt Owen I'll remember the goals he scored as a red, everything else has paled into insignificance.

I don't give a monkey's F**k what he does now !

YNWA
      JC16
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 86 
      Reply #5006: Aug 29, 2014 07:57:02 pm
      Two year loan??? Never heard of that before.  Guess it shows we aren't the only mugs when it comes to dealing with Italians
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #5007: Aug 29, 2014 08:32:12 pm
      Two year loan??? Never heard of that before.  Guess it shows we aren't the only mugs when it comes to dealing with Italians

One of the players we signed this summer was signed on a two year loan ;D.

Torres' decline is the biggest decline I've ever seen from a footballer (Kaka comes close)
      miguelred
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts |
      Reply #5008: Aug 29, 2014 08:32:56 pm
      What a sad end or him, he is also not in the Spain squad.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #5009: Aug 29, 2014 08:34:32 pm
      Two year loan??? Never heard of that before.

Tevez? Manquillo?

Two year loan for a £50mill striker on 170k a week is an embarrassment for both him and the Chavs. His contract expires in two years doesn't it? So they wont even be able to sell him, they will be loaning him out for the final two years whilst probably still paying a chunk of his wages and then losing him without getting a single penny back for him  :lmao:
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #5010: Aug 29, 2014 08:37:19 pm

I'd rather bring back Veronin, cos he wouldn't get a game either,

F**k nando he made his bed and all that, thought the grass was greener down the kings Road, as it turned out only one swallow made his summer, and now, the autumn of his career has arrived he nurses the splinters on his F**kin arse,

Like that other judas kunt Owen I'll remember the goals he scored as a red, everything else has paled into insignificance.

I don't give a monkey's f**k what he does now !

YNWA

I agree with everyone who despises him but we all remember just how good he was. We   had the best centre forward in the world by a mile for 2 seasons and I like to remember him in  that way. I just cant think of him in a  Chelsea shirt
      Kharhaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 685 posts | 200 
      Reply #5011: Aug 29, 2014 09:47:19 pm
      Two of the most expensive flops both happened at Chelsea. Shevchenko and Torres.

How fecking funny is that?
      Mad4LFC
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 989 posts | 81 
      Reply #5012: Aug 29, 2014 09:50:54 pm
      Two of the most expensive flops both happened at Chelsea. Shevchenko and Torres.

How fecking funny is that?

Would love to have taken him back on loan, but his personality would of been overpowered by Studge and Mario and he would have been just as sh*t.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #5013: Aug 29, 2014 09:51:12 pm
      ". What did you think I was referring to when I labelled him a flop? Did you happen to think I was referring to this "first stint" of his? Or maybe did it occur to you that I may have referred to his Real Madrid days where he failed miserably to live up to his £56m price tag? There is no doubt that he was one of the biggest transfer flops in the history of the sport.

Some of us don't define footballing history merely in terms of transfer fees. Make yourself more clear.

Couldn't give a sh*t what Torres does these days. As brilliant as he was for us, he's nothing but a footnote in our history. Decided to put us up sh*t creek so late in the day that January a few years ago made all the worse by moving to Chelsea where's he's been a money grabbing joke ever since. Given their poor position these days, I still think AC Milan can do better than that.

Quick Reply