Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

Fernando Torres (The Post Liverpool years)

Read 462090 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Fernando Torres (The Chelsea years)
      Reply #552: Feb 02, 2011 10:33:03 pm
      Fernando who?
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #553: Feb 02, 2011 10:35:44 pm
      Hope you watched that you F***ing snake. Consider yourself forgotten. Seriously, we don't need you.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,481 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #554: Feb 02, 2011 10:37:03 pm
      Who are ya, who are ya ;)
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #555: Feb 02, 2011 10:41:05 pm
      That video has got me depressed on such a good night for Suarez :(

Bet you've cheered up now mate ;)
      Beth♥TrueRed
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 179 posts |
      • Walk on, with hope in your heart ♥ And YNWA ♥
      Reply #556: Feb 02, 2011 10:45:50 pm
      A certain player called Fernando Torres.. I've never heard anything about him.. Wich was his team before Chelsea??
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #557: Feb 02, 2011 10:53:40 pm
      A certain player called Fernando Torres.. I've never heard anything about him.. Wich was his team before Chelsea??

The right question would have been 'He was our player once but which team is he at now?' ;D ;D
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #558: Feb 02, 2011 11:23:42 pm
      Christ, that video actually was depressing.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #559: Feb 02, 2011 11:30:06 pm
      He's over. He's done with.

F**k the past! Embrace the future!
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #560: Feb 02, 2011 11:40:04 pm
      Skrtel: Torres could regret move

Liverpool defender Martin Skrtel does not think the team will miss Fernando Torres having brought in Andy Carroll and Luis Suarez.

He even suggested the Spain international may regret his £50million move to Chelsea, which was completed on Monday just after £35million Carroll and £22.8million Suarez had been confirmed as the Reds' new recruits.

"We have captured Suarez and Carroll. I believe these two will replace him and we will be at least as strong as we were with Nando," said the defender.

"We all feel sorry because he's a player of world class ability but, to be honest, it was no surprise.

"This season has not been going according to our wishes and expectations and that convinced him that it is the right time to move elsewhere. This is how he explained it to us.

"I wish him all the best but do not wish any success to Chelsea.

"Maybe Fernando will regret making this step sometime in the future."

Torres' debut could come against his former club at Stamford Bridge on Sunday.

Skrtel is confident, however, he can keep the 26-year-old quiet.

"It will be different because so far I have been playing against him only in training," the Slovakian told isport.blesk.cz.

"I hope he appears on the pitch and, since Chelsea wanted him so much, it is very likely that he will.

"I'm looking forward and firmly believe I won't let him score."

http://www.espnstar.com/football/news/detail/item575733/Skrtel:-Torres-could-regret-move/
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Reply #561: Feb 03, 2011 03:16:48 am
      Skrtel: Torres could regret move

Liverpool defender Martin Skrtel does not think the team will miss Fernando Torres having brought in Andy Carroll and Luis Suarez.

He even suggested the Spain international may regret his £50million move to Chelsea, which was completed on Monday just after £35million Carroll and £22.8million Suarez had been confirmed as the Reds' new recruits.

"We have captured Suarez and Carroll. I believe these two will replace him and we will be at least as strong as we were with Nando," said the defender.

"We all feel sorry because he's a player of world class ability but, to be honest, it was no surprise.

"This season has not been going according to our wishes and expectations and that convinced him that it is the right time to move elsewhere. This is how he explained it to us.

"I wish him all the best but do not wish any success to Chelsea.

"Maybe Fernando will regret making this step sometime in the future."

Torres' debut could come against his former club at Stamford Bridge on Sunday.

Skrtel is confident, however, he can keep the 26-year-old quiet.

"It will be different because so far I have been playing against him only in training," the Slovakian told isport.blesk.cz.

"I hope he appears on the pitch and, since Chelsea wanted him so much, it is very likely that he will.

"I'm looking forward and firmly believe I won't let him score."

http://www.espnstar.com/football/news/detail/item575733/Skrtel:-Torres-could-regret-move/
      Break his leg Martin.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #562: Feb 03, 2011 05:21:43 am

That seriously sounds menacing! :D

Wouldn't like to be one of the names on Skrtel's deathlist personally.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #563: Feb 03, 2011 05:28:31 am
      Who the F**k is this guy again?

macca8

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #564: Feb 03, 2011 07:26:00 am

He dreams of winning the Champions League , that's what he said.

Which is nice 'cos they share the same dream !!   :f_whistle:

They shared the same dream...we won that f**ker 5 times!
      Kop_it
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 373 posts | 13 
      Reply #565: Feb 03, 2011 07:35:07 am
      http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2011/02/02/john-aldridge-fraudulent-fernando-torres-spat-in-the-face-of-liverpool-fc-fans-100252-28098077/

Didn't think about the point I've put in bold but it's more than likely the truth. It's the only game this season he looked like his old self. He clearly just wanted to put himself in the 'shop window' for Chelsea.
      Also, anyone remember this?
      http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11669_6289603,00.html

Reds warned over Torres
      "After I spoke with him at the World Cup I thought he would sign for Chelsea.

"I think it must only be that Chelsea did not meet Liverpool's valuation. Because, if they had, I am sure he would have made the move."

He added: "This is Liverpool's last chance to keep him. They have to prove they are capable of challenging on all fronts this season, otherwise he will be gone.

"If Liverpool fail to win anything I am sure he will be at Chelsea next summer."

Guess Villa was telling the truth. Well what's done is done. I've lost all respect of Torres.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #566: Feb 03, 2011 08:49:06 am
      I've come on here to apologise for making excuses for Torres this season.

It's now clear that his sulking and F***ing laziness wasn't just down to Hodgson's tactics and recovery from injury. It's now very clear he wanted away.

I called it wrong. Will I miss him? Nah, he's just another player - they come, they go - we've moved on to both bigger and better (literally).

'Mon the Reds.
      Johncolf
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 564 posts |
      Q & A ,Torres's Agent
      Reply #567: Feb 03, 2011 09:41:17 am
       - Q&A: Torres's agent Antonio Sanz
      Wed, 02 

Antonio Sanz - whose Bahia Internacional agency represents Fernando Torres and a host of Europe's top talent - answers your questions in the wake of the Spanish striker's British-record transfer from Liverpool to Chelsea.

Torres: Chelsea is a big step up
      Paper Round: Chelsea refuse gentleman's agreement
      Question from Maxime: Hi Antonio. Where do you think Fernando will play at Chelsea? With Drogba still in the team, do you think Torres will have to spend time on the bench?
      Antonio Sanz:  Yes, although I'm not the coach. Fernando is ready to play wherever he is asked to.
      Question from Aceno: When and why did Torres decide to leave Liverpool?
      Antonio Sanz: The decision was made last week after Chelsea made their offer. He thought a lot about it, and decided he wanted to step up a level.
      Question from AAA: People have been saying that the price for Torres was far too high. Looking at the figures paid for Spanish players like Mendieta, Jose Mari ... do you think Torres could join that group of disastrous transfers?
      Antonio Sanz: We need to live more optimistically! You can't really compare different players' careers, but Jose Mari had a successful career at some big clubs. In any case, each story is different.
      Question from Carlos: Did Torres want to leave as soon as Chelsea called?
      Antonio Sanz:We first spoke with Chelsea in July But he wasn't totally sure, no. But he analysed the situation, and put plenty of thought into it. There was plenty of deep analysis.
      Question from Jordi Gascon: Did Fernando leave Liverpool for Chelsea for sporting reasons, or did he did he leave on financial grounds?
      Antonio Sanz: No, it's for sporting reasons only. He's already said that it is a big step in his career.

The best of Fernando Torres
      Question from Mike: Which other clubs were interested Fernando?
      Antonio Sanz: None in this window, but in the summer there were two bids from Chelsea and Manchester City. Both offers were refused by Liverpool, who were going through a difficult time.
      Question from massana83: If this new contract links Fernando Torres to Chelsea until 2016, is there a possibility that Fernando will return to play for Atletico Madrid after that?
      Antonio Sanz: That is not the exclusive decision of Fernando - it would also need some interest from Atletico. At this point, it's too far away.
      Question from John: I am glad that Torres has gone to Chelsea. What do you think about the Liverpool fans burning their shirts of him?
      Antonio Sanz: I don't like it, but I respect it. I don't think that is the best way to express your disappointment, but it's not for me to say. There are other methods of protest...
      Question from Chemi: Is it true that Real Madrid tried to sign Fernando but he refused out of respect for Atletico?
      Antonio Sanz: I can tell you that there were a couple of Real presidential candidates who wanted to make contact with Fernando, but he would not play for them. He has more than demonstrated his feelings for Atletico.
      Question from Chicky: Does Fernando leave with some bad feelings from Liverpool?
      Antonio Sanz: He leaves Liverpool very grateful - to the club, to the people of the city and to the directors. He and his family were always treated very well.
      Question from Alex: Is he disappointed with the possible break-up of his relationship with Liverpool fans?
      Antonio Sanz: He couldn't physically see the images because we have not seen a minute of television. He respects why the fans might be upset.
      Question from Colchonero: Do you know if Atletico will receive any money from his move to Chelsea?
      Antonio Sanz: No, the only teams involved in the deal are Chelsea and Liverpool.
      Question from Juan Carlos: Is Torres 'the new Drogba' for Chelsea?
      Antonio Sanz: I wouldn't say that. Torres is Torres, and Drogba is Drogba. Both are great strikers.
      Question from Maryjoe: Is Fernando planning to explain himself to the Liverpool fans? I think the people there expect a gesture from him.
      Antonio Sanz: Once we've had five minutes to analyse everything, he probably will. I'd like Fernando to explain to the fans why he left Liverpool.
      Question from Maryjoe: When Fernando left Atletico, it seemed that he made the final decision after the famous match against Barca at the Calderon. Was there also a particular time that he decided to leave Liverpool?
      Antonio Sanz: I think that the Calderon was the straw that broke the camel's back. He had long suspected that his time at Atletico was over. This time has been different. Anyway, Liverpool have doubled the money they spent on Fernando in 42 months.
      Question from Betsy: The British press reported that Torres had felt "verbally threatened" at some points in the negotiation process. Can you explain what happened?
      Antonio Sanz: Not true. What happens is that negotiations are difficult and sometimes unpleasant. There were no threats.
      Question from eduardo: Did you think at any point during the negotiations that the transfer was not going to happen?
      Antonio Sanz: Yes. There were critical moments, like Sunday afternoon, when I feared that it wouldn't happen.
      Question from Paul: In some online forums, people put Torres's address up for Liverpool fans to go and protest at. Do you know if something happened?
      Antonio Sanz: Not at Fernando's home, no. Well, we were there on Sunday night and on Monday until noon and I saw no fans.
      Question from Znathan: Antonio, do you believe that El Nino can reach his full potential at Chelsea?
      Antonio Sanz: Undoubtedly. He is one of the best centre-forwards in the world. Don't forget that two years ago he was voted the third best player in the world by a jury of coaches and captains, and in 2009 he was named best centre-forward by the world players' union. Only injuries have deprived us of the best Torres.
      Question from jordi21: Do you think that Torres will adapt quickly at Chelsea? If not, could this be a bad signing?
      Antonio Sanz: I think it was more difficult for him to adapt when he arrived in the Premier League at Liverpool, but he did.
      Question from Mike: Would you like him to play against Liverpool?
      Antonio Sanz: Yes, if it is deemed appropriate - Ancelotti could pick him this Sunday. 
      It has been a real pleasure to share a few moments with you all, and I'm sorry that I wasn't able to answer all your questions. Hopefully I can have another chat with you soon to discuss the success of Fernando. 

Jase31
      • Forum Youth Player

• 16 posts |
      Re: Q & A ,Torres's Agent
      Reply #568: Feb 03, 2011 09:46:54 am
      Antonio Sanz: The decision was made last week after Chelsea made their offer. He thought a lot about it, and decided he wanted to step up a level.
      That bit really pisses me off!  >:(
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #569: Feb 03, 2011 09:55:23 am
      Farewell compilation to the player who betrayed us. Let's not forget all the joy he brought to us Liverpool fans

Farewell, Fernando Torres

That is a serious video, but it hurts to watch. I dare the c**t to watch that and still try to justify what he has done to us!

I've wanted to hold back on comments in this thread to make sure they aren't knee-jerks so this is my contribution after days of sitting on it;

He had a chance to be a true hero, to be mentioned in years to come the same way Kenny, Rush, Fowler and dare I even say it Paisley and Shankly are still adorned today! But he sold out, he jumped sh*t when the going got tough without a thought for us. You look at what Rafa struggled through under H&G and how he fought til the end and compare it to this coward. He has broken the hearts of millions of reds worldwide and doesn't even have the courage to explain to the people who supported him through thick and thin just why he done what he done.

Fernando you are a coward. And on the fact is that its not all rosey in the Chelsea garden and when that becomes apparent, and when the plastic fans turn on you and the injuries hit and noone is singing your name then karma will come full circle and hit you and you will be left with nothing. The man who could have had it all will be left with nothing but memories of what could have been. And when that day comes every red can walk on with their head held high, and won't be afraid of the storm. And Fernando that day you will Walk Alone!
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #570: Feb 03, 2011 11:28:41 am
      Another Czech article about some soft shits, one who changed their name to Fernando Torres and one who had the Torres song tattooed on his back

http://isport.blesk.cz/clanek/fotbal-zahranici-anglie/101068/porazeny-dne-jmenuje-se-fernando-torres.html

Take a hold of his head. Who? Liverpool fan. He is on the authorities to change the name of a star of his team's Fernando Torres. But he suddenly moved to a rival. Chelsea. It's too bad ...

He is 36 years. He has four children. Liverpool cheers. And his name is Shaun McCormack, thus named. To prove his devotion to the beloved club, decided to rename it

"I thought the first name of Steven Gerrard, but I wanted something more imaginative," said fan Liverpool reds.

And so Shaun officially changed the name of Fernando Torres. Opened under a new identity, bank account and wrote a new name on the birth certificate.

"It's a dream come true. I know that Fernando is not the best season, but for me it is still the best striker the planet, "said a fan from before Torres to Chelsea.

A similar case exists in Liverpool another. Another fan of "reds" have tattooed on the back side of the fans chant, which celebrates the "fantastic player of Torres'.

Kerk on his body, probably also will not stay long.

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #571: Feb 03, 2011 11:33:03 am
      That bit really pisses me off!  >:(

The words there of a man with a vested interest and whose comments are totally self seeking.
      That agent has pissed me off from the word go - they deserve each other.
      TonioLerouge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,170 posts | 59 
      Reply #572: Feb 03, 2011 11:34:51 am
      Another Czech article about some soft shits, one who changed their name to Fernando Torres and one who had the Torres song tattooed on his back

http://isport.blesk.cz/clanek/fotbal-zahranici-anglie/101068/porazeny-dne-jmenuje-se-fernando-torres.html

Take a hold of his head. Who? Liverpool fan. He is on the authorities to change the name of a star of his team's Fernando Torres. But he suddenly moved to a rival. Chelsea. It's too bad ...

He is 36 years. He has four children. Liverpool cheers. And his name is Shaun McCormack, thus named. To prove his devotion to the beloved club, decided to rename it

He is not a true Liverpool fan, he gave an interview to the S*n about that.
      TonioLerouge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,170 posts | 59 
      Reply #573: Feb 03, 2011 12:00:25 pm
      ;D Torres just succeeded to make the incredible happen.

Mancs on redcafe now want us to win on sunday (even some hoping he scores an own goal or Carra break his leg).

http://www.redcafe.net/f7/torres-I-want-score-against-liverpool-320175/index4.html

They are pissed by him saying there is no level above Chelsea. :lmao:
      « Last Edit: Feb 03, 2011 12:17:45 pm by TonioLerouge »
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,601 posts | 3841 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #574: Feb 03, 2011 12:10:17 pm
      It hurt to dig this up. I still love what he did at the club.
      Now he has betrayed the feeling we had that he was a different type of footballer, one who loved our club like the fans.
      For that reason I post the images to finalise it in my own head.
      He is gone. We have a new era, largely funded by his sale.
      We move on to greater things.
      See you Sunday Judas

Quick Reply