Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

I-Doser

Read 2547 times
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      I-Doser
      Feb 11, 2011 09:46:03 pm
      Anyone heard about this before?

Supposedly, it's a way of getting high legally. It's like a load of songs that you listen to, that make you feel high in different ways.

You can download them officially apparently but I think the prices are stupid. I'm trying to find somewhere to try one out now, I'll post more when/if that happens.

Has anyone heard of this or even tried it before?

http://www.i-doser.com/
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Re: I-Doser
      Reply #1: Feb 11, 2011 10:00:16 pm
      Interesting concept. Of course music can evoke strong emotions in a person so it makes sense one could find a way to produce music that elicits a certain emotional response. I think it's effectiveness would vary from person to person though.

Noticed you can try some of the 'doses' on there for free if you're worried about the price.
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      Reply #2: Feb 11, 2011 10:03:16 pm
      I'm usually sceptical about this sort of stuff, although i can see how it could work. Some people can be hypnotised with certain types of sound, so it's obviously possible.

And it will vary from person to person aswell. Probably the same way the effect of drugs does really.
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #3: Feb 11, 2011 10:07:26 pm
      I'm usually sceptical about this sort of stuff, although I can see how it could work. Some people can be hypnotised with certain types of sound, so it's obviously possible.

And it will vary from person to person aswell. Probably the same way the effect of drugs does really.

Not quite actually I think. With drugs and narcotics they're going to affect you in some way (if they're real and taken correctly) whereas with this kind of thing some people just do not get anything from it at all. They won't feel particularly relaxed when listening to something, perhaps due to some auditory system that I have no idea about.

To be honest I'm interested to listen to one of these things because I don't understand how it's any different to having a song or artist that elicits an emotional response from you. For instance I always get fired up listening to a Kasabian song like Club Foot or Fire.
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      Reply #4: Feb 11, 2011 10:14:33 pm
      I've got 2 downloaded onto my itunes now.

Marijuana, and Peyote. Apparently Peyote is a "VERY VERY STRONG" one.

They're both over 30 minutes long! I tried Marijuana for 5 minutes then, I can't listen to the full 45 as I'm heading out in a minute. It didn't seem to do much atall. But i suppose it's only fair to judge it once I've tried the full length thing.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #5: Feb 11, 2011 10:18:52 pm
      Ha ha ha ha. . . What? I've heard some people say you couldn't appreciate Pink Floyd unless you were stoned, but seriously. . . What's wrong with getting drunk on red wine and listening to some riffs

Quick Reply