Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Conor Coady (Liverpool -> Huddersfield Town)

Read 30733 times
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Re: Conor Coady Player Thread
      Reply #46: Nov 09, 2012 05:40:39 pm
      Shelvey is a year older and has had more playing time.

But it's good to see the fans getting behind him after 1 game
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #47: Nov 09, 2012 05:49:30 pm
      I've the Liverpool channel free with sky seen him quite a bit more than 1 time.

If you want to be blind towards players George go ahead.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #48: Nov 09, 2012 05:57:10 pm
      1 game and written off - in fact written even before then

It's not like he had no pedigree what with captaining England Under 17 to win the Euros then onto the Under 19's and then captaining the Liverpool under 19's in the Next Gen.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #49: Nov 09, 2012 05:59:56 pm
      Can you not read starting to wonder

What players do and underage means F**k all.

Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #50: Nov 09, 2012 06:00:50 pm
      Jack of all trades - Master of none, in my opinion. Might sound harsh but Im with Corb on this one, think he is quite limited ability wise.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #51: Nov 09, 2012 06:02:48 pm
      Can you not read starting to wonder

What players do and underage means F**k all.

So what they do underage means F**k all yet you are using what he does at underage to write him off ?

Interesting.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #52: Nov 09, 2012 06:04:45 pm
      We won 2 back to back FA youth cups a couple of years ago. No players came through work that out George.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #53: Nov 09, 2012 06:07:48 pm
      I'm sorry but that isn't relevant to Coady.

You say the youth stuff means F**k all yet you have written him off because of his youth stuff ?

Ill leave you to figure that cracker out.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #54: Nov 09, 2012 06:42:23 pm
      See you've to watch certain things in there game George.

I'll leave you with this I see a lot more potential in baio then coady.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #55: Nov 09, 2012 07:54:36 pm
      I tend to agree a bit more with corbs here. Having seen Coady quite a bit at the youth level, he never impressed me to the degree players like Sterling and Suso have. That said, I thought he had a good debut yesterday. Kept it tidy and simple.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4928 
      Reply #56: Nov 09, 2012 07:58:49 pm
      I think Coady doesn't stand out as much as the likes of Suso and Sterling because of the type of player he is.

What I see is a neat and tidy midfielder who is strong on the ball and solid in the tackle.

I actually think he can be a good player for us in the future in the right blend in midfield.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #57: Nov 09, 2012 08:00:50 pm
      I think Coady doesn't stand out as much as the likes of Suso and Sterling because if the type of player he is.

What I see is a neat and tidy midfielder who is strong on the ball and solid in the tackle.

I actually think he can be a good player for us in the future in the right blend in midfield.

Pretty much spot on - he does the ugly unspectacular unoticed work very well.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4928 
      Reply #58: Nov 09, 2012 08:04:47 pm
      Pretty much spot on - he does the ugly unspectacular unoticed work very well.

Agree mate and you need at least one of them on your team.

Actually think he is a better player than he has been given credit for in here over the last day or so and pretty harsh to get some criticism after what was a solid debut in a difficult game.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #59: Nov 09, 2012 08:10:34 pm
      Agree mate and you need at least one of them on your team.

Actually think he is a better player than he has been given credit for in here over the last day or so and pretty harsh to get some criticism after what was a solid debut in a difficult game.

I thought last season he should have been given a chance when Lucas was injured and I think this season he could provide solid back up for Lucas. Hope to see more of him
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #60: Nov 09, 2012 08:43:00 pm
      I think Coady doesn't stand out as much as the likes of Suso and Sterling because of the type of player he is.

I agree with this.

His performance yesterday suggests to me that he maybe does have a future with us.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #61: Nov 10, 2012 11:43:03 am
      He don't do the ugly stuff well someone like baio does that.

I personally don't think the lad will end up in the premiership. Can see him doing a decent job for a championship side.

On the game the other night thought he was mediocre and wasn't surprised when he was hooked so early in the second half.

Don't think there is a chance in hell of him starting a premiership match for us this season and more than likely next season and you can quote me on that
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4928 
      Reply #62: Nov 10, 2012 12:03:37 pm
      He don't do the ugly stuff well someone like baio does that.

I personally don't think the lad will end up in the premiership. Can see him doing a decent job for a championship side.

On the game the other night thought he was mediocre and wasn't surprised when he was hooked so early in the second half.

Don't think there is a chance in hell of him starting a premiership match for us this season and more than likely next season and you can quote me on that

So he will end up playing in the premiership then :f_tongueincheek:

I quite like the lad and admit I haven't seen too much of him this season but previously when I have wathced him play I've always thought he would be one to step up.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #63: Nov 10, 2012 12:07:15 pm
      I can honestly say seen him between 20 and 25 times and I've never been impressed.

Seen him and roddan as the weak links in an otherwise excellent youth and reserve teams.

Still remember the match where pogba and Morrison pissed all over them in the FA youth game.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4928 
      Reply #64: Nov 10, 2012 12:10:58 pm
      I can honestly seen him between 20 and 25 times and I've never been impressed.

Seen him and roddan as the weak links in an otherwise excellent youth and deserve.

Still remember the match where pogba and Morrison pissed all over them in the FA youth game.

I've seen him quite a few times myself other than this season Corb and he has impressed me at times. I just have a feeling about the lad.

On the subject of him and Roddan I've discussed them brieflywith racer on a thread and he is of the opinion, and correct me if I'm wrong racer, that one of them beside another more 'dynamic' midfielder so to speak would bring out the best in them but playing together they are not too good and possibly too similar.

Edit: Just to add I might be wrong about Coady but like I say just a feeling I get when watching that he can make it here.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,610 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #65: Nov 10, 2012 01:54:43 pm
      I think he did well against Anji.
      The reason he got "hooked" early in the second half was because we needed to make a change after conceding before the break.

Coady will never catch the eye like a Suso or Sterling. That's not his job.
      He could very well do a job for us at CDM or CB. The reason we get caught against team like United and Inter at youth level is more
      to do with Rodden. You can't dismiss both because the pairing doesn't work. If Rodden gets caught up field, leaving Coady exposed
      2 on 1, then that's not Coady's fault. Put Teixeira or Lussey in beside him and the dynamic is far superior.

George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #66: Nov 10, 2012 02:55:35 pm
      I think he did well against Anji.
      The reason he got "hooked" early in the second half was because we needed to make a change after conceding before the break.

Coady will never catch the eye like a Suso or Sterling. That's not his job.
      He could very well do a job for us at CDM or CB. The reason we get caught against team like United and Inter at youth level is more
      to do with Rodden. You can't dismiss both because the pairing doesn't work. If Rodden gets caught up field, leaving Coady exposed
      2 on 1, then that's not Coady's fault. Put Teixeira or Lussey in beside him and the dynamic is far superior.

Spot on - Think Coady also has a very good eye for a pass
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #67: Nov 10, 2012 05:42:54 pm
      Coady won't make it at the club you can quote me on that no better than spearing.
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #68: Nov 10, 2012 05:57:45 pm
      Everyone looking for a row lately.

I agree with corbs/danny. Always been underwhelmed by him but obviously hope the lad makes us eat our words.

I think CB might be a better position for him

Quick Reply