Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

The relationship/potential relationship advice thread

Read 99709 times
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 5,482 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      The relationship/potential relationship advice thread
      Feb 27, 2011 10:22:27 am
      Post all your worries in here and hopefully we can get you a fast reply. Beware, this thread will read like an agony aunt/uncle advice page from a magazine.

Whether you're just getting to know someone and wondering what to do or you've been in a relationship for as long as you can remember, help a fellow red out in this thread once they post or post any problem you're having.

Try not get too explicit though folks, that means racer and MsG can't fill this thread with more of their innuendo.   :laugh:
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,603 posts | 3843 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Re: The relationship/potential relationship advice thread
      Reply #1: Feb 27, 2011 10:33:03 am
      No innuendo... I'm out. Hmm
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 5,482 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #2: Feb 27, 2011 10:37:43 am
      Their can be innuendo just not as much as the prediction league thread :laugh:
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #3: Feb 27, 2011 12:16:50 pm
      You spelled 'there' wrong.
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #4: Feb 27, 2011 12:17:54 pm
      .Was wondering how long before this got started :D
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 5,482 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #5: Feb 27, 2011 12:24:37 pm

Was on my phone, it likes to auto correct my words.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #6: Feb 27, 2011 07:51:02 pm
      Woah, I remember there was an aunt agony thread by LiverPrincess but not sure what happened to it and her!
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #7: Feb 27, 2011 08:47:59 pm
      Cor........this thread could be a can of worms................... .. :o
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #8: Feb 27, 2011 09:31:10 pm
      Was on my phone, it likes to auto correct my words.

Ha! I was kidding mate!
      « Last Edit: Feb 28, 2011 11:25:38 pm by Gow »
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #9: Feb 28, 2011 11:44:13 pm
      All I can say Is stay away from dating websites, all I requested was fit blonde, with a dirty mouth who likes it in the ring.

F***ing thing matched with me Hulk Hogan.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #10: Feb 28, 2011 11:58:31 pm
      Happy wife, happy life. Enjoy :)
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #11: Mar 03, 2011 12:36:33 am
      I met a girl through a friend recently and we have kept in touch quite a lot. However, i am worried about scaring her too much. How do i know when a girl is not keen? I speak to her quite a lot on a daily basis but don't want to come on too much and scare her off.
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #12: Mar 03, 2011 12:43:04 am
      I met a girl through a friend recently and we have kept in touch quite a lot. However, i am worried about scaring her too much. How do i know when a girl is not keen? I speak to her quite a lot on a daily basis but don't want to come on too much and scare her off.

Well if she replies to you texts quickly that is usually a good start. The fact that you talk to each other on a daily basis is another good hint. People who only recently met don't usually talk daily unless they're both interested.

Don't be worried about coming on strong, just keep it casual. Invite her out somewhere or make up a story that a mate bailed on a film and ask her to go instead, that way it doesn't look too obvious if thats what you're worried about.

No matter what advice you get though it's always best just to go with your gut instinct. Good luck mate.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #13: Mar 03, 2011 12:47:29 am
      No matter what advice you get though it's always best just to go with your gut instinct. Good luck mate.

Best advice i've seen so far. Do what you think is right at the end of the day and live with the consequences (whether they be good or disappointing).
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,276 posts | 799 
      Reply #14: Mar 03, 2011 12:50:29 am
      Must be the accent Semple. Here's me, whaa? ;)
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #15: Mar 03, 2011 12:52:59 am
      I haven't been able to make love to my partner properly because my back is fu**ed.

We do other stuff, but it's not the same.

It makes me feel emasculated sometimes.

She says she understands, and is OK, but I'm not sure she is - but good on her for keep supporting me and our relationship.
      She works really hard at it in her own way.

It's a proper F**k up, and no mistake - but we still love each other.

So, next time you're thinking of dumping someone, because they left a magazine out of place, or a hair on the sofa, or they farted in their sleep - DON'T, cos you're not that great a catch either

lmao
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #16: Mar 07, 2011 07:05:43 pm
      Right, I'll make use of this thread now it's here.
      A lot of you have been following my progress (or lack of) with a girl called Donna in the 'Topic with no real Subject' thread but if not, here's a very brief recap.

A lad I used to work with ages ago (Ian) is now living with a girl called Amanda. Donna is her sister and spotted me on Ian's Facebook friends list. She added me, we talked a lot, swapped numbers and agreed to meet up. That was around 9 weeks ago I think.
      We met up, watched a film and hung out for the evening. It was weird how we just clicked and got on so well, talking and laughing constantly.
      The night ended with a hug and an agreement to do it again.
      Like a tw*t, it wasn't long before I showed my hand and told her how I felt about her.
      Donna's response was that she saw me as a 'friend'. I was gutted.
      Since then, we've met up a few times, she's spent a full weekend with me and even slept in the same bed as me. Still, we're 'friends'.
      It seems insane that we can't be more because we are perfect together in so many ways. It's pretty impossible coming back from 'friend' though and it eats away at me daily, I can't shake her from my head.

So, that's where my story got to before and it's time for an update.

On Sat, a mate asked me to go out and I thought 'yeah, that's what I need, to go have fun and try to forget Donna for a bit. I decided not to text Donna unless she sent one first. I had no intention of ignoring her, just not 'chasing' her, so to speak.
      4 of us went out and Jon mentioned that an old friend (Melanie) was supposed to have come to Stoke for a party and might be out afterwards. Come about 11pm, in walked Mel with her mate Sarah. Both of them wearing burlesque style corsets and Sarah had a ra-ra skirt on. As Mel caught up with Jon, I sat talking to Sarah. She couldn't be more different to Donna but we hit it off pretty quickly. She had a lot of attitude about her, not in an arrogant kind of way but in a cocky, piss-taking way. I was on form though, any attempt she made to take the piss, I turned it around. All in good humour, not being nasty or anything, just playful banter.
      As the night went on, she was really growing on me. Unlike last time, I kept up the cocky persona and we just had fun, dancing to pretty much anything and generally f***in about.
      Well by the end of the night, I'd cracked her. The attitude had dropped and she was opening up to me and admitted that she really likes me. By this time, Mel had already booked a taxi for them to go back to their hotel (Sarah lives in Leicester) so I wasn't going to push matters. She asked if we could swap numbers and said that she really wants to see me again.
      The entire time, I completely forgot about Donna and actually felt quite guilty about it, stupid as that sounds!
      I decided to play it cool and not text Sarah the next day but sure enough, I got a text from her during the match, saying how much she enjoyed the night and saying she'll be here again at the end of next month, if not before!

So my mental state has changed a bit. I still like Donna and think we could be excellent together but now I have a very welcome distraction and it's helped clear my head. I guess it's also made me feel better about myself again. Sarah's hot and with that confident attitude she has, it would have been easy for me to bottle it and go quiet but to see her change through the night from cocky to letting go and having fun to then opening up was great and even better knowing I'd done it.
      Whatever happens happens now, I'm not going to screw my head up again by over analysing things.
      I've had an amazing weekend and for now, my head is in a far better place! :)
      (Although my thumbs hurt after typing all that on my phone)
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 5,482 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #17: Mar 07, 2011 07:08:54 pm
      Great to hear Rep. Things are lookin good mate :)
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #18: Mar 07, 2011 07:09:38 pm
      You don't want my advice on this one. :D
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #19: Mar 07, 2011 07:14:29 pm
      Nice going Rep! ;)

You don't want my advice on this one. :D
      Let me guess, try and arrange a threesome? :laugh:
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #20: Mar 07, 2011 07:19:34 pm
      Nice going Rep! ;)
      Let me guess, try and arrange a threesome? :laugh:

;)
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #21: Mar 07, 2011 07:24:17 pm
      Glad your feeling better Rep, sometimes thats all it takes, a healthy distraction, lets you know how you feel about someone without trying to hard to analyse it.

Sounds promising though mate, have you added her on FB yet so I can watch the story unfold ?  ;D
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #22: Mar 07, 2011 07:28:37 pm
      Yes Smiggs, just look for Sarah. You won't see her face yet, on her profile pic she's wearing a giant Zippy head, ;D!

RLB, I've been on this forum since Oct 09, I know better than to ask you such things! ;D

Quick Reply