Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Your Number One Favorite Album.

Read 12959 times
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Your Number One Favorite Album.
      Mar 08, 2011 02:40:57 am
      Apologies if there is a thread, I did a search but didn't find anything. Merge if needed :)

Anyways, we seem to have many threads about different music - albums you can listen to from start to finish, music that defined you, etc etc - but I wanted one where all you do is post your all-time favorite album. Just ONE. No "I love this one, and this one, oh and this one" - just the one album that if you could only listen to one album before you die, thats the one you'd pick. If you aint sure, don't post. I really am interested in seeing what people think as THE album for them is. The one that you love over all else. I think everyone who loves music, regardless of how much variety you have, should have one - or be able to think of one when you actually put your mind to it :) And if you want, post your favorite song from it as well.

I'll start it off with mine - Wolfmother, by Wolfmother. My favorite band, and their self-titled debut album is still one I can listen to from start to finish over and over and not get sick of it. I absolutely love it, and having seen them live twice so far, only strengthened that love. No doubt, this is my number one album.

And my favorite tune coincidentally is the first one of theirs I heard. Out at a random country pub at 1am drunk as f**k when I heard it - fell in love.

Wolfmother - Mind's Eye
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Re: Your Number One Favorite Album.
      Reply #1: Mar 08, 2011 03:35:15 am
      "Revolutionary Volume Two" by Immortal Technique.

This is the first track from the album called "The point of no return" although my personal favourite is "Industrial Revolution".

Immortal Technique - The Point of no Return
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #2: Mar 08, 2011 07:25:36 am
      Just ONE. No "I love this one, and this one, oh and this one" - just the one album that if you could only listen to one album before you die, thats the one you'd pick.

Damn you!! ;D
      If asked for my favourite artist I'd still struggle but Alice In Chains would probably shade it. However in terms of one complete album, I think I have to go for :

Soundgarden - 'Superunknown'

racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #3: Mar 08, 2011 08:52:06 am
      Damn you to hell. . . Favorite genre - easy. You all know the answer. Favorite artist - Pearl Jam. Album - Live at the Garden. . . Wha? Nobody said it couldn't be live. Favourite song - Indifference with Ben Harper - Live at the Garden
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #4: Mar 08, 2011 09:06:48 am
      [whisper] I'll come back in a couple of weeks and post another one, he'll never notice  ;) [/whisper]
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #5: Mar 08, 2011 09:21:03 am
      *frantically searches for the most obscure band + album ever :D 

I'll post my one when I get to a computer, which should be soon.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #6: Mar 08, 2011 09:33:02 am

http://www.swer.net/DVD/presentation_feat_en.html

"Daughter/With My Own Two Hands....dear god...really great version of Daughter tonight and then Ed covers Ben Harper. THEN Ben harper comes on stage! Sings the rest of it while Ed dances around and drinks wine...as does Ben :) Soooooooooooo cool. Ben was really on point tonight...amazing voice...amazing song. He waved good-bye and jumped off the side of the stage. [...] Indifference with Ben Harper. Oh man, so he comes back out and tells everyone that Pearl Jam is the best band in the world. Then sings the first verse of Indifference. Then him and Ed sing the last verse together...so beautiful...so relaxing. I closed my eyes and just listened."

IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,480 posts | 342 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #7: Mar 08, 2011 09:37:04 am

Loved that one, however their next album was complete muck and they ended up splitting up. Thought with the Fratellis we had a new band that were going to light up the music scene for years to come but sadly not. Although this is still one of my favourite albums of all time.

I could probably throiw a few Muse albums in there, a few KISS albums, a Kings of Leon album at a push.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #8: Mar 08, 2011 10:21:08 am
      F**king hell Bigv. That's one tough question as I'm sure your all like me and have a few albums that you absolutely love.

But after having a think there is one I keep coming back to and is my favourite album.

The Smiths The Queen Is Dead

I was a bit young when it was released, 8 years old, but got into the band later on through band such as Oasis.

This album is perfect from start to finish for me and has some of the bands best songs and my favourite from the album, although a bit obvious, is There Is a Light That Never Goes Out. But I do have a soft spot for Cemetry Gates as well.

The Smiths - There Is A Light That Never Goes Out

The Smiths - Cemetry Gates

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #9: Mar 08, 2011 10:48:22 am
      Just got to a computer :)

This is actually a very hard decision to make. Even coming from my background as a DJ, with not just my musical taste and genre changing every week, but daily and even hourly!

I narrowed it down to 3 albums, as they mainly changed by musical taste more than any other and really defined a generation for not just me but millions. Second place was 'Because of the times' by KOL, but the winner has to be

The Strokes - Is This It. I decided to put up the lead single as it's probably the most well known and it's how I found the album.

The Strokes - Last Nite
      « Last Edit: Mar 08, 2011 11:34:46 am by little-Luis:), Reason: added an image »
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #10: Mar 08, 2011 11:31:26 am
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #11: Mar 08, 2011 11:32:25 am
      Truth be told that is probably the only album I have ever listened to from start to finish on a regular basis.
      Fantastic album
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #12: Mar 08, 2011 11:35:18 am
      I was just going to say Racer - I could've posted any track off it!
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #13: Mar 08, 2011 11:37:08 am
      I was just going to say Racer - I could've posted any track off it!
      Definitely. If I wasn't such a Pearl Jam fan I would have posted Bloc Party. The remix album of it has some gems too.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #14: Mar 08, 2011 11:40:15 am
      Definitely. If I wasn't such a Pearl Jam fan I would have posted Bloc Party. The remix album of it has some gems too.

I'm not usually into remixes but I also enjoy listening to that from time to time. Pioneers remix is amazing.
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #15: Mar 08, 2011 11:45:31 am

For me

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #16: Mar 08, 2011 11:46:37 am

my dad loves Chelsea Dagger! :D good album too. A good friend of mine lived with a girl called Hetty and every single time I saw her, I had to sng Henrietta!! :D
      Kop_it
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 373 posts | 13 
      Reply #17: Mar 08, 2011 12:07:51 pm
      Definately up there, no maybes! (Lame)
      Anywho, most songs from DM is much better than wonderwall or DLBIA.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #18: Mar 08, 2011 03:37:03 pm
      [whisper] I'll come back in a couple of weeks and post another one, he'll never notice  ;) [/whisper]

Watching like a hawk... a drunk hawk, but im watching.. :D

Thats what i wanted, get people thinking about really what the ultimate album is for them. It's hard, i could have had a few as well if given the choice but when push came to shove, that one i posted would take it every time.

And Racer, live album is perfectly fine :D If a greatest hits compilation is your favorite, thats fine as well. Just has to be the one CD/Album that does it for you.

I could have almost guessed Ross's.. :D
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #19: Mar 08, 2011 05:10:41 pm
      srs and little Luis both posted albums I strongly considered. Absolutely love The Smiths and The Strokes. However, if I had to choose one, just one...

Ah F**k me. Probably "Dark Side of the Moon" by Pink Floyd. Just so epic. My dad would be proud :)
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #20: Mar 08, 2011 05:34:58 pm
      Been thinking about this all day, can't make up my mind! :laugh:
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #21: Mar 08, 2011 06:26:59 pm

Could have picked any one of 6-7 Maiden albums but Seventh Son of a Seventh Son for me, is the one that captures the most why Iron Maiden are in my opinion, the best band that has ever existed.

Iron Maiden - The Evil That Men Do

My favourite ever Maiden song probably.  But Seventh Son of a Seventh Son is epic personified.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #22: Mar 09, 2011 12:25:00 am
      F**king hell Bigv. That's one tough question as I'm sure your all like me and have a few albums that you absolutely love.

But after having a think there is one I keep coming back to and is my favourite album.

The Smiths The Queen Is Dead

I was a bit young when it was released, 8 years old, but got into the band later on through band such as Oasis.

This album is perfect from start to finish for me and has some of the bands best songs and my favourite from the album, although a bit obvious, is There Is a Light That Never Goes Out. But I do have a soft spot for Cemetry Gates as well.

The Smiths - There Is A Light That Never Goes Out

The Smiths - Cemetry Gates

What a shout! What a shout! There Is A Light That Never Goes Out is probably my all time favourite song. It is just an incredible album and certainly one of my favourites.

For me I have two favourites.

and

Achtung Baby and A Rush Of Blood To The Head. The bands may be a bit obvious but these two albums are just from two bands at the top of their game. Achtung Baby is probably the greatest reinvention in music history in my view and A Rush Of Blood To The Head, despite being only Coldplay's 2nd always sounds fresh and new everytime I listen to it.

U2 - Zoo Station

Coldplay - God Put A Smile Upon Your Face (Live 2003)

Quick Reply