Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Andre Wisdom Player Thread

Read 73070 times
      Burdogcallingbat21
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 692 posts | 38 
      Andre Wisdom Player Thread
      Mar 09, 2011 06:00:17 pm
      I think the big man deserves a player thread as in my opinion he's a nailed on certainty to break through. Big, strong and quick he is now the reserve team captain.  I have been very impressed with his physical attributes for a 17 year old.  He has the build of Sol Campbell and the technical skills of Ferdinand. An immense talent with huge potential. Feel free to contribute and share your opinions on Wisdom. How far can he go? Have you seen him play?
      « Last Edit: Jul 02, 2020 10:26:14 am by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      MsGerrard
      Re: Andre Wisdom Player Thread
      Reply #1: Mar 10, 2011 01:16:44 am
      Tremendous prospect for the future.

Seen him play a few times now, and for a 17 year old he's very composed on the ball, will watch him rise up through the ranks to hopefully become a first team player in a few years time.

Keep up the good work Andre.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #2: Mar 10, 2011 09:50:33 am
      Has a lot of potential, defo one I can see in the first team
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts |
      Reply #3: Mar 10, 2011 12:33:13 pm
      Has a lot of potential, defo one I can see in the first team
      This. A lot of potential. The BEAST.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #4: Mar 10, 2011 01:26:43 pm
      Like Coady, a natural leader already...
      As has been mentioned... He is a beast
      StevieG123
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #5: Mar 10, 2011 02:02:34 pm
      Any videos? I haven't seen anything of him before even though i've seen quite a bit of the reserves.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #6: Mar 11, 2011 01:01:43 pm
      Sounds like a smart player
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #7: Mar 12, 2011 04:11:57 pm
      This is the attitude we need.  Great player in the making and as with most of the youth players the determination to work hard and win things.

'I want cup win on my CV'
      12th Mar 2011 - Latest News

Andre Wisdom has admitted that he would love to add 'FA Youth Cup winner 2011' to his fledgling CV.

The 17-year-old defender won the European Championships with England U17s last summer and has since established himself as a regular in the reserves.

However, he remains eager to secure his first piece of silverware with the Reds and is confident the U18s can be successful this season - but only if they can overcome a dangerous Manchester United side in what promises to be a mouthwatering last eight showdown on Sunday afternoon.

Wisdom told Liverpoolfc.tv: "On paper the U18s have a great side anyway but hopefully the likes of myself, Suso and John Flanagan can add something extra to the team so we continue to do well in the competition.

"This team certainly has enough quality to go all the way. But we know Manchester United will be a very difficult game. They have some great players and we have to make sure we are ready for the challenge.

"It would be a great achievement if we can get to the final and win it. Two years ago I played in the final against Arsenal and we lost. It would be nice to win it this time around. I'd love to add it to my CV."

Wisdom is aiming to make up for lost time after missing the last three and a half months of the season with a knee problem he sustained while on international duty with England U19s.

He has since come through a series of reserve and U18 fixtures with flying colours and is now hopeful he can have a positive influence in what will undoubtedly be the toughest test yet for Rodolfo Borrell's charges.

Andre Wisdom on his return from injury in time to face United.

"I wasn't too disappointed to miss out on the previous rounds because I was happy for the lads," said Wisdom.

"They put in some great performances and I'm just happy to be back playing again.

"Obviously the chance to play against Manchester United is a mouthwatering one but it's even better that it's in the Youth Cup.

"I'm really looking forward to it. Hopefully we can get a result similar to the one the first team got last week.

"It will be a great occasion at Anfield and hopefully we'll have a good crowd come down to see us in action."

Following a series of imperious displays for the second-string Wisdom had looked set to make an impact on the first-team set-up when he was an unused substitute in the Carling Cup defeat against Northampton back in September.

Injury may have curtailed his hopes of a full Reds debut in the months that followed, but he is now fully recovered and back on the Melwood radar.

He said: "I was up at Melwood training with the first-team last week and that was a great experience for me. Hopefully I can keep working hard and doing well so there are more chances for me in the future.

"I've had lots of positive advice from the likes of Kenny Dalglish, Carra and Steven Gerrard. They just tell me to keep working at my game and if I get the opportunity to play, take it with both hands."
      Burdogcallingbat21
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 692 posts | 38 
      Reply #8: Mar 13, 2011 07:36:46 pm
      I thought he was terrific today but was let down by those around him. Looks a terrific prospect. If he can grow a few inches the potential is umlimited. Qucik,strong, vocal with good technical ability the lad has it all. 
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #9: Mar 13, 2011 07:59:49 pm
      Definetly deserves his own topic, for a 17 year old lad hes built like a brick sh*t house as well.

One for the future and possible captain material.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #10: Mar 13, 2011 08:10:52 pm
      Really wanted him to knock that Manc out today... and the ref
      Burdogcallingbat21
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 692 posts | 38 
      Reply #11: Mar 13, 2011 08:53:20 pm
      Definetly deserves his own topic, for a 17 year old lad hes built like a brick sh*t house as well.

One for the future and possible captain material.

I hope andre grows anothee 2 inches then he'll be the protype center back of top class quality.  He has everything. Sama and Smith let him down today and Andre covered a lot for thier mistakes.  He's the best talent we have at  the club in my opinion along with Sterling and suso. Silva played well too when he came on
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #12: Mar 13, 2011 09:08:45 pm
      Did you see him square up to that Manc lad today  :lmao:

Even when the refeee brought them together he never took his eyes off him, thought he was gunna rip his face off  ;D
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #13: Mar 13, 2011 10:05:48 pm
      He is a beast. I can only hope that when he becomes a household name its with us and not some average club who signed him from Stevenage who signed him from us because we didnt offer him a contract.

17!! When I was that age he'd have fooked me up in a row  :D
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #14: Mar 13, 2011 10:10:03 pm
      Did you see him square up to that Manc lad today  :lmao:

Even when the refeee brought them together he never took his eyes off him, thought he was gunna rip his face off  ;D

Yeah mate seen that and ye know what me first thought was, this wasn't a hard man act it was real " I will fooking eat you alive" he would have fooked him up and the manc knew it
      MsGerrard
      Reply #15: Mar 13, 2011 10:37:42 pm
      Smashing player, and he's not scared is he  :laugh:

Burdogcallingbat21
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 692 posts | 38 
      Reply #16: Mar 14, 2011 10:29:29 pm
      I still think Andre needs to grow another 2 inches then his potential is unlimited. he has everyting otherwise. Sama and Smith let him down yesterday. Wisdom was imperious at the back. Was the best center back on show
      « Last Edit: Mar 14, 2011 10:58:40 pm by Burdogcallingbat21 »
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #17: Mar 22, 2011 02:51:34 pm
      In the England u19's.
      Burdogcallingbat21
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 692 posts | 38 
      Reply #18: Mar 24, 2011 09:00:05 pm
      Awesome tonight at the back so composed and cool. Super quick too he was like beckanbaur tonight on ocassion brnging the ball out from defence.  Best defensive prospect since Carra to come through and i think he's superior to Carra at that age soo muck more to his game. Has everything
      Burdogcallingbat21
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 692 posts | 38 
      Reply #19: Apr 12, 2011 06:01:06 pm
      Any news on the big man's injury today. How did he perform for the 74 minutes he was on Anyone see the game?
      « Last Edit: Apr 12, 2011 06:12:54 pm by Burdogcallingbat21 »
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #20: Jun 30, 2011 11:24:11 pm
      Surprised no one's mentioned yet that Wisdom's been picked, along with Jack Robinson, in the England U20 WC squad.
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #21: Jun 30, 2011 11:30:28 pm
      Surprised no one's mentioned yet that Wisdom's been picked, along with Jack Robinson, in the England U20 WC squad.

They just did :P

Congratulations to the both of them, HUGE achievement considering they're only 18 - get the F**k in lads.
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #22: Jun 30, 2011 11:45:58 pm
      Fantastic talent. Congratulations on the call up along with Robbo.

I think he'll be in quite a few first team squads next season and could see some game time too.

Quick Reply