Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Andre Wisdom Player Thread

Read 73524 times
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Re: Andre Wisdom Player Thread
      Reply #69: Sep 25, 2012 07:10:36 pm
      No surprise to anyone who has watched him at youth level.
      He is a beast. Prefer him at centre back but it might be his
      versatility gets him some time at right back.

Be it by design or necessity we are seeing the fruits of a lot
      of work at youth level. Long may it continue.

Even it was to provide squad players it would be doing well.
      There are signs one or to could be stars. Needless to say the
      Bean counters will be even happier than I am.

Lets hope losing Segura doesnt undermine some of that.

Well done Wisdom.
      Best of luck.
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #70: Sep 26, 2012 12:20:01 am
      Seems to be part of the new breed of English defenders, especially CBs. Big strong lads but with plenty pace and very comfortable on the ball and versatile. Kelly, Jones, Smalling among others, all alike in terms of how they play.

Very impressed with his debut, reminded me of Kelly's against Lyon. Not scared to get on the ball. Liked the way he done a little quick  backheel turn a few times to bring himself into a better area to play the ball into midfield and keep possession, rather than kick it aimlessly down the wing.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #71: Sep 26, 2012 12:53:50 am
      Like has been said above, this lad has a massive future. Kind of the point I made somewhere else on the forum that I had hoped rather than a rebuild the crop of youth we had coming through could of pushed us back into the top 4, it now appears that they may be the basis of our rebuilding. I'm not against that either it will just delay the timing of our resurgence a bit.

The academy has done superb and to think we have a potential back four in Flanagan, Wisdom, Kelly and Robinson all coming through is tremendous news. Out of those 4 I'd probably rate them Wisdom, Kelly, Robinson and personally don't think Flanagan will quite make the grade but the other 3 in my eyes have every chance of being first team players in the future. Great to see.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #72: Sep 26, 2012 12:49:53 pm
      Great interview by Andre, hope he gets a game tonight.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/willing-wisdom-eager-to-learn
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #73: Sep 26, 2012 10:08:00 pm
      Really pushing for a first team spot this lad, was massive for us again tonight and his ability / technique on the ball is so good. So much potential and already a beast, not too sure his best position will be CB, has a great engine for getting up and down, it might be a waste. Our potential right backs are truly fantastic and the competition for places will surely only push them on further.
      Suarez-7
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,046 posts | 12 
      Reply #74: Sep 26, 2012 10:31:55 pm
      So much hype surrounding the attacking players like Sterling and Suso, I personally overlooked superlatives aimed at this guy. However seeing his last two performances, i think that he's as good a prospect as any young player there is at the club
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #75: Sep 26, 2012 10:35:55 pm
      The best of the academy kids for me tonight. Had another solid performance and certainly didn't look out of place in the first team.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #76: Sep 27, 2012 01:18:44 pm
      Gonna second a lot of the comments on here. Looks very comfortable on the ball. Andre was unlucky on some of those shoddy calls by the ref. Overall, he was excellent again.
      lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      • He scores a goal and the kop goes wild...
      Reply #77: Sep 27, 2012 02:35:23 pm
      I honestly wouldn't mind whether it was him or Robinson at full back at the weekend. The only difference being that Johnson would either play left back or right back. Happy days.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #78: Sep 29, 2012 05:35:45 pm
      Andre Wisdom's PL debut: Won 100% aerial duels, 100% ground duels, and had 96% pass completion [69/72]. (via Anfield Index)

96% only, needs to buck his ideas up!

Seriously though that's outstanding, well done Wisdom lad, only saw him out of position once near the end of the game, his recovery pace is really strong and definitely has a good engine on him. Composed on the ball and looks so solid in defence, plenty more to see of this lad I think.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #79: Sep 29, 2012 05:59:51 pm
      Superb again today. I'm sure Andre still has a lot to learn and the coaches (+ Carra) will help him brush up on his positioning but watching him today, he looked like he'd been part of the team for years.

little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #80: Sep 29, 2012 06:14:53 pm
      I'm sure Andre still has a lot to learn and the coaches (+ Carra) will help him brush up on his positioning

Very harsh to pick him up on this but I think that the 2nd goal was kind of his fault as he was in a very advanced, and somewhat central position, almost in midfield position more than anything. It left Srktel having to race across to cover the area before been beaten by Holt.

Other than that, thought he had a good performance. Very comfortable on the ball which is nice to see aswell. Judging by his few first team appearances so far, you would not be nervous when you see his name on the teamsheet.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #81: Sep 29, 2012 06:32:12 pm
      Good performance but in all honesty was an easy game for our full backs
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #82: Sep 29, 2012 07:46:19 pm
      I never thought he'd have a chance to make it at RB. Slowly eating my words. A rock.

As corbally said though, tough to judge him on today.
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #83: Sep 29, 2012 08:02:06 pm
      Andre the giant.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #84: Sep 29, 2012 08:06:11 pm
      Think he's more likely to switch to centre back instead of Kelly when we have a full strength team.

Take nothing away from him. Another amazing performance, out of position, on his Premier League debut.

I love our academy.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #85: Sep 29, 2012 10:22:04 pm
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,684 posts | 6690 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #86: Sep 29, 2012 11:21:02 pm
      Thought he had a fantastic game. Looked so confident and sure of himself.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #87: Sep 30, 2012 01:44:23 am
      Very harsh to pick him up on this but I think that the 2nd goal was kind of his fault as he was in a very advanced, and somewhat central position, almost in midfield position more than anything. It left Srktel having to race across to cover the area before been beaten by Holt.

Other than that, thought he had a good performance. Very comfortable on the ball which is nice to see aswell. Judging by his few first team appearances so far, you would not be nervous when you see his name on the teamsheet.

Skrtel is a seasoned professional though and should have more than comfortably gained control of the Norwich pass that made its way to Holt, instead he let it go through his legs. His mistake not Wisdom, a player can't be expected to get back 40 yards within 2 seconds, not possible.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #88: Sep 30, 2012 05:23:48 pm
      Reminds me of Micah Richards.
      Scouser4life
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 630 posts | 33 
      Reply #89: Oct 01, 2012 02:50:12 pm

You beat me to it.

I hope he's better and he stays injury free.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #90: Oct 01, 2012 03:01:05 pm
      I can definitely see the Richards comparisons but for me he looks more cultured on the ball. Richards is muscle upon muscle to the point it appears to hinder him, Andre isn't that yet and I'd hope he isn't encouraged to head down that path. Football is not an impact sport that relies on explosive pace in a short time period, it is more an endurance game with bursts of speed thrown in and carrying that much conditioning will simply lower the endurance levels over time.

Especially when you consider the style we're playing now requires a player of Luis Suarez's physicality much more, he is absolutely perfect for our game. I know it's comparing chalk and cheese in some sense but I see a massive future for Andre which ever path he chooses to take with regards muscle building but bulking up, I personally feel, will not help his longevity or endurance in the game. If he simply maintains his physique and develops naturally the guy will be a monster anyway and will completely dominate attackers, here's hoping anyway.
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,715 posts | 162 
      Reply #91: Oct 01, 2012 05:16:44 pm
      When was the last time we had players coming through both attackers and defenders. Im made for Andre. He is now a squad player in this Liverpool team and is here to stay. We all of a sudden have strength in depth well apart from up front of course.

Quick Reply