Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Battlefield 3

Read 50488 times
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,549 posts |
      • It's Not A Badge... It's A Family Crest
      Battlefield 3
      Mar 30, 2011 03:27:14 pm
      I have been a bit disappointed in the last two EA shooters (Bad Company 2 and Medal of Honour), but this looks like it can be a serious challenge to the COD stranglehold on the FPS genre of video games.

The third installment of a series of trailers for this game has just been released, and I nearly jizzed.

Trailer 3
      Battlefield 3: Fault Line Episode III: Get That Wire Cut

Trailer 2
      Battlefield 3 - Fault Line Episode 2: Good Effect on Target

Trailer 1
      Battlefield 3: Official Fault Line Gameplay Trailer

racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,610 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Re: Battlefield 3
      Reply #1: Mar 30, 2011 03:35:05 pm
      Is this the one with the designers that left Infinity Ward?
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #2: Mar 30, 2011 03:39:25 pm
      That looks unreal, ill definitely be investing in this bad boy.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #3: Mar 30, 2011 05:11:14 pm
      I have been a bit disappointed in the last two EA shooters (Bad Company 2 and Medal of Honour)

I thought the Bad Company 2 online multiplayer game was excellent. Definitely getting this.
      « Last Edit: Mar 30, 2011 05:20:41 pm by Reprobate »
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #4: Mar 30, 2011 08:15:58 pm
      Bad Company 1 is still my favorite online shooter (don't have the second yet).

Deffo excited for this.
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #5: Mar 31, 2011 12:12:17 am
      It looks awesome. But I don't think it will really challenge the CoD franchise. CoD is just more mainstream because it has arcade elements with the killstreaks and stuff like that and is more fast paced. Battlefield 3 looks more realistic and serious, and will appeal less to the masses.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #6: Mar 31, 2011 12:25:02 am
      The graphics and gameply definitely look really movie-like but I have to say the way they hold the weapons look weird and when they start shooting, it just doesn't look right.
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,549 posts |
      Reply #7: Mar 31, 2011 01:01:24 am
      The physics looks incredible. For example, in the second clip, watch the way the rocket launcher rolls across the floor.

I hope it does live up to the hype and challenges the COD series, not because I don't like COD (because I absolutely love those games), but it can only be a good thing to have a greater array of games to play.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #8: Mar 31, 2011 09:00:55 am
      It looks awesome. But I don't think it will really challenge the CoD franchise. CoD is just more mainstream because it has arcade elements with the killstreaks and stuff like that and is more fast paced. Battlefield 3 looks more realistic and serious, and will appeal less to the masses.
      You're right, the CoD franchise will continue to sell more copies than this one but, why should we give a F**k? ;D. I still maintain that the BC2 multiplayer was better than MW2 and it LOOKS like they've brushed up the single player element so I'll get it regardless of which is more popular. Got my pre-order in.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #9: Mar 31, 2011 10:37:43 am
      I only have it on my Amazon Wishlist because the game cover looks boss :laugh:

Might be tempted to actually get Battlefield 1 and 2 if I get 3 just to have a collection, like what I've been doing with my games.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #10: Mar 31, 2011 11:36:33 am
      I only have it on my Amazon Wishlist because the game cover looks boss :laugh:

Might be tempted to actually get Battlefield 1 and 2 if I get 3 just to have a collection, like what I've been doing with my games.
      Ah but then you need 'Battlefield : Bady Company' and 'Battlefield : Bad Company 2' !
      Actually, if you buy BC2 on the Xbox you get BC1 as a free downmload. I see you've got a PS3 so not sure about that.
      BC2 is better than BF2 in my opinion.
      Confused yet? ;D
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #11: Apr 07, 2011 05:34:34 am
      You're right, the CoD franchise will continue to sell more copies than this one but, why should we give a f**k? ;D. I still maintain that the BC2 multiplayer was better than MW2 and it LOOKS like they've brushed up the single player element so I'll get it regardless of which is more popular. Got my pre-order in.

Bad Company > COD ;D
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #12: Apr 17, 2011 11:16:56 am
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #13: Apr 17, 2011 03:33:09 pm

I want very much! :D

Looks great. 64 player online matches too... *drool*.
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,549 posts |
      Reply #14: Apr 18, 2011 09:14:00 am
      I want very much! :D

Looks great. 64 player online matches too... *drool*.

I think that's only for the PC version of the game. I think the number of players on the consoles is trickled down to half that number... Correct me if i'm wrong.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #15: Apr 19, 2011 05:57:11 pm
      I think that's only for the PC version of the game. I think the number of players on the consoles is trickled down to half that number... Correct me if I'm wrong.

Some console games have had big numbers though? MAG had something crazy like 200 didn't it?

Anyways, that 12 minute video did it. Gonna have to scrounge some cash (might sell a couple games here/back home) and get that opening day. Absolutely breathtaking stuff!
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,351 posts | 2818 
      Reply #16: Apr 19, 2011 06:12:48 pm
      This looks F***ing amazing!
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #17: Apr 19, 2011 06:27:13 pm
      Some console games have had big numbers though? MAG had something crazy like 200 didn't it?

Anyways, that 12 minute video did it. Gonna have to scrounge some cash (might sell a couple games here/back home) and get that opening day. Absolutely breathtaking stuff!

No I think Bahrosa right, console versions of BF3 will only be 32 player. But I'll be buying the PC version, and not just because of the 64 player matches.
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,549 posts |
      Reply #18: Apr 20, 2011 06:33:05 am
      I've also heard they're downgrading the size of the maps on the consoles. Still though, i don't like big map so that's okay with me.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #19: Apr 20, 2011 10:42:44 am
      I can't afford a new pc so I'll be getting it on the Xbox but map size or number of players has never really been an issue for me, to be honest. When you got a full match on Bad Company 2 there were more than enough enemies to worry about.
      lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      • He scores a goal and the kop goes wild...
      Reply #20: Apr 21, 2011 12:13:17 pm
      This looks like a quality game to me and I will be getting it. Looks very real, hope the destructive environment carries on into multiplayer
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #21: Apr 21, 2011 03:39:21 pm
      This looks like a quality game to me and I will be getting it. Looks very real, hope the destructive environment carries on into multiplayer

It does indeed. Bad Company is my favorite multiplayer for that very reason - no where is safe! Be hiding, sniping from a building, and if a tank works out where you are you're fu**ed if you don't get out.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #22: Apr 21, 2011 04:12:57 pm
      Damn right it does. I told a mate I was a pretty good sniper on BF:BC2 and he started slating me. I had to explain that nowhere is safe on that game for the reasons BigV highlighted so it's quite hard to snipe.
      Also, if an opposing player 'spots' you, you show up on HUD of their entire team, then you're screwed!

Quick Reply