Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 16th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W16 D7 L8

Battlefield 3

Read 50399 times
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Re: Battlefield 3
      Reply #46: Jun 08, 2011 11:59:15 pm
      I used to prefer keyboards+mouse over controllers, but I don't anymore. It doesn't really matter because everybody plays with a controller, so everybody is a bit worse than they would be on the pc. :P And I prefer gaming on a tv anyway, just laidback on a couch.

To stay on topic, BF3 is going to rock. ;D
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,549 posts |
      • It's Not A Badge... It's A Family Crest
      Reply #47: Jun 09, 2011 04:24:19 am
      Battlefield is winning this war between BF3 and MW3, hands down. The MW3 demo shown at E3 just looks the same. There's also a 13 minute demo from E3, and to be honest, it just looks stale. Sound, graphics, gameplay, animations all look the same as MW and MW2. The only thing it's got going for it is the name.

Will definitely be preordering this game, though I'll probably be getting MW3 aswell, because it's a guarantee that all my friends will still be getting it.

Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #48: Jun 09, 2011 03:54:31 pm
      Depends on how you see it. Fair enough, Battlefield 3's graphics and gameplay look might awesome and MW3's looks just like MW2 but perhaps has that epic storyline.

Read somewhere that while there are people who love seeing new graphics and such as in BF3, others are okay with MW3's same engine as MW2 and are much looking forward to an epic-er single player.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #49: Jun 09, 2011 04:47:59 pm
      Depends on how you see it. Fair enough, Battlefield 3's graphics and gameplay look might awesome and MW3's looks just like MW2 but perhaps has that epic storyline.

Read somewhere that while there are people who love seeing new graphics and such as in BF3, others are okay with MW3's same engine as MW2 and are much looking forward to an epic-er single player.

True but how long does it take to get through the single player game and how many people bother going back to do it all again? The MW single players was epic, mind-blowing at the time. MW2 single player was good but more of the same and far too short. BF:BC2 had a very MW style single player game with the characters even making jokes about MW, pretty much admitting it was similar. The single player modes are almost a bonus now, these games are all about the multiplayer side nowadays even if it didn't sell as many copies, BF:BC2 was far better than either MW and I hope they push it further with BF3..
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #50: Jun 09, 2011 10:41:54 pm
      The single player campaigns for neither games will be long I'm sure, not as long as there isn't a coop mode for the campaign in these games, which I don't see happening in the near future. Both games are all about the multiplayer aspect, and the replayability. The producers know that, and aren't going to spend alot of money on the single player campaigns anymore. Like Rep said, single player campaigns are more of a bonus now, an intro to the game and it's features, build around the existing multiplayer maps.
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #51: Jun 10, 2011 11:40:52 am
      Yeah, trying to argue single player being a strong point of the CoD series is a losing battle Ad mate.. CoD4 had an okay one but since they've all been not particularly interesting and more importantly, extremely short. I get that MP is the main draw for some FPS games now but I enjoy single player campaigns a lot.

Personally I hope BF3's campaign is going to be substantial. You get to drive tanks, surely that's automatic win already? :)
      LiverpoolJay
      • Forum Ian St John

• 433 posts |
      • Never lose hope
      Reply #52: Jun 14, 2011 01:39:50 pm
      I've been a massive cod fan since 1 & 2 (I will still be definitely buying MW3) but one thing that strikes me between to two different games is how COD always seems to benefit cheaters/poor gamesmanship players; for example unbalanced perks and campers etc. BF seems to hold the balance so you can play it like you should and if you try and gain an unfair advantage, by sitting in a corner of a room then, like posters above said, a tank rolls up and your screwed.

But back onto the actual game, there a number of improvements that they are making which are definitely right up there on my wishlist:

• Going prone has benefits and negatives, although its protects you from fire your lens will have glare when your looked at and it takes a longer time to get into/out of it, rendering it useless to people who run at you and go prone to dodge your bullets while killing you (I'm sure there is a catchier name).
      • Laying down covering fire affects the near-by enemies by shaking and darkening their screen and your gain points for doing it.
      • More destructive battlefields because blowing sh*t up is fun.

Need to stop talking about it now, genuinely cannot wait for the 25th Oct!
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #53: Jun 14, 2011 05:03:01 pm
      "Laying down covering fire affects the near-by enemies by shaking and darkening their screen and your gain points for doing it."

That sounds cool, didn't know about that feature, thanks mate.
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #54: Jul 21, 2011 12:45:58 am
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #55: Jul 21, 2011 01:03:04 am
      It's not fair I want to play! :(

kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #56: Jul 21, 2011 01:05:49 am
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,549 posts |
      Reply #57: Jul 21, 2011 10:33:01 am
      The falling trees in the last video. :o
      OoLiaaaaaMoO
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,813 posts | 11 
      • In King Kenny WE Trust!
      Reply #58: Jul 21, 2011 01:29:31 pm
      Looks amazing :D
      I have it pre-ordered
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #59: Jul 21, 2011 04:51:58 pm
      Will get this game.

Started Battlefield Bad Company 2 on Sunday. I know the BF:BC isn't the same as the BF ones but I'm so far not been impressed.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #60: Jul 21, 2011 04:56:17 pm
      Started Battlefield Bad Company 2 on Sunday. I know the BF:BC isn't the same as the BF ones but I'm so far not been impressed.
      Oh go back to your CoD  :roll:

:P
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #61: Jul 21, 2011 09:18:35 pm
      Blasphemer!!! Get out of this thread with your ' I love Black Ops' head :laugh: Oh sh*t now I said Black Ops. Ah
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #62: Jul 22, 2011 01:51:06 am
      Should be proud I at least gave Battlefield a go :P
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #63: Jul 22, 2011 01:54:48 am
      How you can like COD but not BF BC2 baffles me!
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #64: Jul 22, 2011 02:07:38 am
      That's what I can't understand!

It's the overall experience that kinda makes it different, I suppose. I like how the walls, fences and buildings all get destroyed and collapses and all but the shooting and gameplay just feels weird to me!

Still getting BF3, though :laugh:
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,549 posts |
      Reply #65: Jul 22, 2011 10:48:00 am
      I'm with Adryan on BFBC2.

I love the destruction and sound, but the main thing that got to me was that it takes so long to find an enemy. Got boring after a short time.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #66: Jul 22, 2011 10:55:53 am
      I love just hunting people with a snipers rifle. Maybe that's the big difference. COD has just become like paintball. Loads of people frantically running around shooting each other. I prefer the more tactical approach of the Battlefield franchise. Add to that the infinity exodus and I think this will be a fantastic game
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #67: Jul 22, 2011 11:04:34 am
      I've had odd games where I've been in a quiet server and wandered around for while but it's honestly not a problem I've come across much. I've also been involved in a lot if intense firefights where bullets are whistling past, mortars are raining down, RPGs are being fired and bits of debris are dropping all around me. Although CoD tends to be a bit more 'paintball' as racer put it, it can't match that feeling of chaos and panic.
      « Last Edit: Jul 22, 2011 11:37:02 am by Reprobate, Reason: shit spelling »
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #68: Jul 22, 2011 11:24:02 am
      I got the feeling with black ops that it was just one big melee. Eventually you find the right areas and just pick off the runners. Not possible when a tank rocks in beside you

Quick Reply