Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Ronnie Whelan and Ray Houghton to appear on Irish S*n sponsored programme

Read 22568 times
      kennystaff
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 292 posts |
      Re: Ronnie Whelan and Ray Houghton to appear on Irish S*n sponsored programme
      Reply #23: Apr 15, 2011 01:59:35 pm
      Darragh maloney lives round the corner from me a few letters in his door might change things.Or we can send some hateful emails to RTE.

Senseless comment really seen as Daragh Moloney never played for us?
      Totally agree with most of the other comments on here though. Surely both still know the feelings at the club and how a move like this will be greeted. They must also know that they will be burning bridges if they go ahead with it, but sadly most people do have a price and that's just the reality!!
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #24: Apr 15, 2011 05:41:29 pm
      I sent one meself yesterday but have had no reply did you get one?

No mate and I have been checking (which is unusual for me). If the 'message' seeps through and they don't reply - fair enough.
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #25: Apr 15, 2011 08:57:31 pm
      If they go through with this, they must KNOW that they will never be forgiven.

Fair play to Souness, he had the balls to stand up and admit his mistake. He didn't make excuses, he just held his hands up.

Whelan and Houghton have no excuse - if they go through with this, they are pissing on the 96, their families, the fans and the club, and I will never forgive them.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #26: Apr 15, 2011 09:05:44 pm
      Anyone associated with LFC pictured by that sh*t redtop logo should be banned from everything LFC.

Disgrace.

The more support shown by our Irish supporters who show RTE that they are disgusted the bigger the noise. Less viewers is all that matters to the soul-less bas**rds.
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #27: Apr 15, 2011 09:08:02 pm
      I actually sent a different email about something else in RTE to them using a different complaint procedure and got this back the following day

Thank you for contacting complaints@rte.ie.  Your e-mail will be responded to as soon as possible.

RTÉ Corporate Communications

Go raibh maith agat as ucht do theagmhĂĄla chuig complaints@rte.ie.  Cuirfear freagra ort a thĂșisce agus is fĂ©idir linn.

the email address is complaints@rte.ie
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #28: Apr 15, 2011 09:13:44 pm
      They need to act quickly to save their reputations.

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #29: Apr 15, 2011 09:17:46 pm
      That picture suggests that it could be too late.

Then again, Glen Johnson had it removed from his website a few months ago when told.
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #30: Apr 15, 2011 09:48:05 pm
      Yea thats the right email Luis,just got the same reply.

Thank you for contacting complaints@rte.ie.  Your e-mail will be responded to as soon as possible.

RTÉ Corporate Communications

Go raibh maith agat as ucht do theagmhĂĄla chuig complaints@rte.ie.  Cuirfear freagra ort a thĂșisce agus is fĂ©idir linn.
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #31: Apr 15, 2011 09:50:01 pm
      Senseless comment really seen as Daragh Moloney never played for us?
      Totally agree with most of the other comments on here though. Surely both still know the feelings at the club and how a move like this will be greeted. They must also know that they will be burning bridges if they go ahead with it, but sadly most people do have a price and that's just the reality!!

Well get your finger out and send a email to this,complaints@rte.ie,And let them know how you feel.

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #32: Apr 15, 2011 10:38:00 pm
      Email sent, leaving them in no doubt about the consequences of their actions  ;D

ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #33: Apr 15, 2011 10:43:14 pm
      Got the same email back as well, hopefully they will send a reply tommorow.
      At least we've made our fellings known.
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      • JĂŒrgen Klopp to take us back to the top
      Reply #34: Apr 15, 2011 11:04:14 pm
      Got the same email back as well, hopefully they will send a reply tommorow.
      At least we've made our fellings known.
      ^^^^^ got the same.went straight to rte,yet no reply. Disgusted.

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #35: Apr 15, 2011 11:09:17 pm
      A broadcaster shall give due and adequate consideration to a complaint . made in writing by a person in respect of the broadcasting service provided by the broadcaster which, in the opinion of the broadcaster, has been made in good faith and is not of a frivolous or vexatious nature.

All complaints received in writing or by-email shall be replied to by an appropriate member of the production team within 20 working days.

expect an email back soon.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,000 posts | 3951 
      Reply #36: Apr 15, 2011 11:11:54 pm
      Pricks of the highest order.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #37: Apr 16, 2011 07:49:53 am
      They still have time to do the right thing, but i expect it to be the case that money talks.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,000 posts | 3951 
      Reply #38: Apr 16, 2011 10:03:49 am
      They still have time to do the right thing, but i expect it to be the case that money talks.
      If they are consistent they will prostitute themselves and any moral values they possess for a few dollars more.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8520 
      Reply #39: Apr 16, 2011 12:31:37 pm
      Not even arsed about it.

Stopped listening to the views of the likes of Whelan and Houghton after some of the sh*t they were coming out with about Rafa.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #40: Apr 16, 2011 12:42:03 pm
      Not even arsed about it.

Stopped listening to the views of the likes of Whelan and Houghton after some of the sh*t they were coming out with about Rafa.

Fair enough, but I reckon there's a big difference between slagging off a manager compared to this!

They should know better FFS, how F***ing stupid or inconsiderate are they?
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #41: Apr 16, 2011 01:04:58 pm
      Only a few days after the anniversary, hardly like they wouldn't be fully aware of the timing of all this.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8520 
      Reply #42: Apr 16, 2011 01:43:37 pm
      They should know better FFS, how F***ing stupid or inconsiderate are they?

Greed.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #43: Apr 16, 2011 02:02:49 pm
      Contemptable
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,003 posts | 3351 
      Reply #44: Apr 16, 2011 11:53:18 pm
      Saw something on LFC TV yesterday called "Houghton's Class Of 88-89" where he spoke about the entire season including the Hillsborough disaster. He was saying he was good friends with John Aldridge and how badly it affecting Aldo.

Also said how Aldo refused to go on international duty shortly after the disaster but he had to because he was a professional and that's what he was paid to do.

Then he spoke about how he, Kenny and Aldo went to the first funeral. And Houghton and Aldo went to six or seven funerals together.

So after all that, it sickens me that Houghton would do a show sponsored by the rag.

Doesn't surprise me as much with Whelan. After hearing some of the things he's said, I don't think this club holds a particularly special place in his heart anyway.
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #45: Apr 17, 2011 12:08:22 am
      Saw something on LFC TV yesterday called "Houghton's Class Of 88-89" where he spoke about the entire season including the Hillsborough disaster. He was saying he was good friends with John Aldridge and how badly it affecting Aldo.

Watched the same show and I wondered how recent it was.  Today, they had one of the 30 favourite video clips on and that had Whelan on it.

Now a programme of clips is different to the Houghton programme in that they would have to cut the whole clip,but I wonder how closely do LFC TV monitor what the ex players are doing when they invite them on?

Have to say, I'm so disappointed in Whelan, he was one of my all time favourite players, don't know why - he just ticked my boxes at the time, but I'm gutted he's become such a gobs***e in recent times.  And he was our F***ing captain that day.

Heroes to zeros.

Don't have any F***ing thing to do with the s*n EVER EVER EVER.

Quick Reply