Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

The 'What Has You Feeling Down?' thread

Read 112218 times
      Brooklyn Red
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      The 'What Has You Feeling Down?' thread
      May 04, 2011 03:51:15 pm
      I thought maybe people would like a specific place to vent about the issues in their life that have them feeling less than themselves emotionally, and maybe we can give them some encouragement, words of wisdom, etc. You get the idea.

I've seen these types of posts in The Topic With No Subject and the Pissed Off threads, but wanted to make a home for each other's troubles since I think they deserve to not be buried in other threads.

Mods, sorry if this feels like a redundant thread. Do with it what you wish.

Shall i get the ball rolling? My father in-law was recently diagnosed with prostate cancer. They've concluded that it's moderately agressive and he has an appointment with a consultant a week from Friday. I love him dearly and he had actually confided in me rather than my wife or his son. Unfortunately, the cat was soon out of the bag and my wife found out. Needless to say, she is a wreck over it. He's a special guy without a bad bone in his body. I'd have trouble believing he has ever had an enemy.

So, that's what's on my mind these days.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Re: The 'What Has You Feeling Down?' thread
      Reply #1: May 04, 2011 04:58:43 pm
      I was about to post about my financial situation and the struggle to rent a house on my own but as much as that is really getting me down now, it's insignificant when compared to issues like the one you've posted.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,291 posts | 763 
      Reply #2: May 04, 2011 05:09:56 pm
      We take for granted being in good health, which is far more important than financial matters.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,610 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #3: May 04, 2011 05:21:08 pm
      Tough times Eric. My sister has cancer and she's in college away from the family. She's feeling very lonely right now
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #4: May 04, 2011 05:22:48 pm
      Sounds like a top bloke who doesn't deserve that, Eric. Pissed off at a few things, but that pales in comparison to something like that. Best wishes mate, truly hope that he is able to fight it.

YNWA
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #5: May 04, 2011 06:14:36 pm
      My thoughts are with you Eric, Y.N.W.A. Mate.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #6: May 04, 2011 06:47:55 pm
      I thought maybe people would like a specific place to vent about the issues in their life that have them feeling less than themselves emotionally, and maybe we can give them some encouragement, words of wisdom, etc. You get the idea.

I've seen these types of posts in The Topic With No Subject and the Pissed Off threads, but wanted to make a home for each other's troubles since I think they deserve to not be buried in other threads.

Mods, sorry if this feels like a redundant thread. Do with it what you wish.

Shall i get the ball rolling? My father in-law was recently diagnosed with prostate cancer. They've concluded that it's moderately agressive and he has an appointment with a consultant a week from Friday. I love him dearly and he had actually confided in me rather than my wife or his son. Unfortunately, the cat was soon out of the bag and my wife found out. Needless to say, she is a wreck over it. He's a special guy without a bad bone in his body. I'd have trouble believing he has ever had an enemy.

So, that's what's on my mind these days.

My thoughts are with your Father-in-Law at this moment in time Eric, my Dad has had prostrate cancer, he was one of the lucky ones, he's still here, I hope your Father-in-Law also has the same good fortune....hugs to you hun  :hug:

Tough times Eric. My sister has cancer and she's in college away from the family. She's feeling very lonely right now

Thoughts are also with you Racer, for good health for your Sister, I hope she gets better just like my Sister has..hugs to you to hun  :hug:

After reading this...my little problems pale into insignificance.

Everyone gets down at times....I'm a very positive person whose glass is always more than half full, I think it helps me through life, I'd like to think it does anyway.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #7: May 04, 2011 06:55:56 pm
      BR and Racer, sorry to hear that man. It's hard to talk about these things as well so hats off for opening up about it. I sincerely hope your father in law and your sister make a full on speedy recovery. I found out at the weekend my cousin has hodgkin's lymphoma and she's not long had a little baby. So I feel a bit of your down-ness. YNWA
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #8: May 04, 2011 07:07:51 pm
      Feelings out to racer and kenny as well.

My grandpa's actually had lung cancer for about 3 years now, so I understand as well. One of the things that made my decision to quit smoking pretty easy. He's still battling away, stubborn as a brick wall he is so pretty natural really :D In his 80's, smoked from 20-70 so he's pretty lucky to only get it recently really.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,610 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #9: May 04, 2011 09:44:44 pm
      Big hugs all round :) thanks guys. Feel for my sister. Not overly keen on talking about it too much. 
      MsGerrard
      Reply #10: May 04, 2011 10:09:43 pm
      Praying for your Cousin Kenny that she gets better, especially as she has a little one, can't be easy at all for her, hope she makes a full recovery hun xxx :hug:

Big hugs to you BigVern for your Grandpa, hope he gets better too.

Big hugs all round :) thanks guys. Feel for my sister. Not overly keen on talking about it too much. 

It's good to talk hun  :) anytime you want to....I'm here xxx
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #11: May 04, 2011 10:21:25 pm
      It's such a terrible disease, I've seen it first hand over the last few years with my mam.

All the best to everyone who's lives are effected by it.
      KateMKD_Red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,184 posts | 527 
      • At the end of the storm, there’s a golden sky.
      Reply #12: May 04, 2011 11:46:35 pm
      Thoughts and prayers for all your loved ones, people. I hope they all get better.
      I've stated my reasons on another thread, but now my grandma is better so fingers crossed she'll get through it.
      Funny how when these thing happen we all see clearer, and no matter how tough we think we are, well at least I thought I was, today I realized that I'm not quite ready for some things, god forbid.
      And again thank you guys, your support really help me to get a grip of myself today  :hug:  
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,483 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #13: May 06, 2011 04:35:39 pm
      You know when you just feel down for no real reason, I hate that. :( Actually there's probably a reason I can think of from today but I'd rather wait and see before I say it.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #14: May 06, 2011 08:30:30 pm
      I was gonna have a moan about my health - been poorly most of this week. My job - which looks like its gonna end soon as well.

But then I read the posts from Eric, Racer, Cas, Kenny, Kate and Kelvo and it really does put things into perspective. 

Your health really is everything, big hugs to you all and I hope those that are affected get well real soon  xxxxx
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #15: May 06, 2011 09:29:59 pm
      Sorry to hear of the problems people have and the illnesses affecting family members. Had a bit of a crappy year myself, but we keep plodding on!

To one and all...You'll Never Walk Alone.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #16: May 06, 2011 09:50:45 pm
      Sorry to hear you've been poorly Smiggs  :hug: big hugs hun, get better soon.

Not looking good for your job then  :(
      bradders
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 28 posts |
      • since I was knee high to a grasshopper!
      Reply #17: May 07, 2011 01:54:38 am
      My mood's been dipping for months now which is bad enough but other things are now happening too (things out of my control but that have a knock on affect), so that just adds insult to injury really.  Then just before I came out to work on Thursday night, found out that a very dear friend of mine had died.  Think it hadn't really sunk in untill I was about half way to work and then I couldn't stop crying. 
      MsGerrard
      Reply #18: May 07, 2011 11:05:51 am
      Sorry to hear your friend has died Bradders, a very upsetting time for you I'm sure.  :(
      Lukemeister
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 69 posts |
      • Anything is possible
      Reply #19: May 07, 2011 02:47:33 pm
      Sorry to hear about your friend mate, i know its hard when you lose someone whos close to you ive been there twice :/.

Brooklyn Red
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #20: May 07, 2011 05:38:29 pm
      Thanks for the well wishes, everyone. :hug:

Rep, sorry to hear the finances aren't there. I'd say moan away. ;D Sure it might not be life or death, but that doesn't make it less valid. It's what's got you down and if you want to, talk about it. I certainly didn't want anyone to feel like their issues are being one-upped.

Racer, RK & Verner...sorry to hear all that terrible news. Hopefully everything works out for all our loved ones.

I've stated my reasons on another thread,

Yeah, you inspired me to start this thread. Glad to hear your grandmother's improving, Kate.

I was gonna have a moan about my health - been poorly most of this week. My job - which looks like its gonna end soon as well.

You could just as easily apply what I said to Rep here! As for the job, who knows? One door closes and another opens. Maybe (hopefully) something better comes along, Vicky. Feeling any better healthwise?

Gow I've often wondered if your lack of time here might be down to something bad. Hope not.

Bradders that is awful. YNWA.

Firepool
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,274 posts | 224 
      • @Jenns_Design
      Reply #21: May 07, 2011 06:25:25 pm
      Sorry to hear a dear friend has died, Bradders. YNWA
      KateMKD_Red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,184 posts | 527 
      • At the end of the storm, there’s a golden sky.
      Reply #22: May 07, 2011 06:28:49 pm
      Sorry to hear about your loss bradders. YNWA mate

Quick Reply