Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

The 'What Has You Feeling Down?' thread

Read 112165 times
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,396 posts | 3400 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: The 'What Has You Feeling Down?' thread
      Reply #1012: Sep 22, 2015 06:49:23 pm
      Oh well, was hoping to make past the new year but was given a letter as i was getting ready to leave work telling me my last day is 30th november which is the same date i was made redundant in 2009. Scary coincidence. Chips and alcohol for tea methinks
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,423 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1013: Sep 22, 2015 06:56:17 pm
      Horrible news mate. Happened to my best mate a few years ago before he even hit 20. Life is cruel. RIP Jeff.

Started off as Bowel cancer then it just destroyed all of Jeff's other organs.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1014: Sep 22, 2015 07:06:38 pm
      Oh well, was hoping to make past the new year but was given a letter as i was getting ready to leave work telling me my last day is 30th november which is the same date i was made redundant in 2009. Scary coincidence. Chips and alcohol for tea methinks

Sorry to hear that mate its a difficult world to earn a living these days.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,481 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #1015: Sep 22, 2015 07:13:59 pm
      Just ventured into the Arkles now for the first time in a while.

I'm so sorry to hear about both your losses Debs and Shabs.

YNWA!
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #1016: Sep 22, 2015 07:34:29 pm
      Started off as Bowel cancer then it just destroyed all of Jeff's other organs.

Mick was a brain tumour. Such a nasty disease. Hope we find a cure some day. Too many have suffered.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,396 posts | 3400 
      Reply #1017: Sep 22, 2015 08:07:03 pm
      Mick was a brain tumour. Such a nasty disease. Hope we find a cure some day. Too many have suffered.

always puts things in proper perspective
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,396 posts | 3400 
      Reply #1018: Sep 22, 2015 08:08:29 pm
      Sorry to hear that mate its a difficult world to earn a living these days.

cheers mate,still got my health though, trying to keep my chins up.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,396 posts | 3400 
      Reply #1019: Sep 23, 2015 12:22:22 pm
      cheers mate,still got my health though, trying to keep my chins up.

Now been told company will honour my contract which was due to expire on 24th December which is a bit of a relief.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #1020: Sep 27, 2015 01:17:06 am
      Dad passed away peacefully earlier this morning.  Mum, his wife for 62 years, myself and my niece, his eldest grandchild, were with him at the end.

Late in saying this, but we went through the exact same thing recently, I used to watch all the matches with my dad too. sorry about it, there's not much anyone can say really. Enjoy moments, because he'd want you to.
      It tough, enjoy your moments though.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #1021: Oct 01, 2015 12:36:55 pm
      Well the funeral went without a hitch, the church was packed and a great time was had by all, just as Dad would have wanted. 

He took with him his army service cap, the cricket ball his eldest Grandson recently took 9 wickets for 21 runs with, my Sons cricket cap who scored a half century the day Dad died, a shot of port, a shot of whiskey, various photos of Mum (that nobody else should see), a golf ball, a King of Hearts playing card and a "tippett", his favourite after dinner game especially with his grandchildren and great grandchildren.

Once again I'd like to thank you all for the messages of support I've had over the last few weeks  :hug:

ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #1022: Oct 01, 2015 12:50:41 pm
      Well the funeral went without a hitch, the church was packed and a great time was had by all, just as Dad would have wanted. 

He took with him his army service cap, the cricket ball his eldest Grandson recently took 9 wickets for 21 runs with, my Sons cricket cap who scored a half century the day Dad died, a shot of port, a shot of whiskey, various photos of Mum (that nobody else should see), a golf ball, a King of Hearts playing card and a "tippett", his favourite after dinner game especially with his grandchildren and great grandchildren.

Once again I'd like to thank you all for the messages of support I've had over the last few weeks  :hug:

Sounds like a good send off Debs! Hope your ok.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #1023: Oct 01, 2015 12:59:30 pm
      Glad everything went well Deb  :hug: much love hun xx
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #1024: Oct 01, 2015 01:22:31 pm
      Sounds like a good send off Debs! Hope your ok.

It was mate and yes, strangely I'm actually pretty good now.

Glad everything went well Deb  :hug: much love hun xx

Thanks Cas  :hug: xx
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,345 posts | 1620 
      Reply #1025: Oct 06, 2015 05:34:15 pm

What a send off for what sounds like a great and much loved old man my best wishes to you and family Debs .
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #1026: Oct 06, 2015 09:41:51 pm

Ach Debs I've just seen this. I've been there and I totally understand what you've been through.

Thoughts and love from this clan.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #1027: Oct 06, 2015 10:19:55 pm
      What a send off for what sounds like a great and much loved old man my best wishes to you and family Debs .

Ach Debs I've just seen this. I've been there and I totally understand what you've been through.

Thoughts and love from this clan.

Thanks guys  :gt-happyup:
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,345 posts | 1620 
      Reply #1028: Nov 07, 2015 04:42:12 pm
      A very good friend of mine died on wed night and although she had been ill for quite some time it was still unexpected 47 is way to young , goodnight mush  may you be welcomed with open arms ,

RIP Michelle sadly taken away .
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,396 posts | 3400 
      Reply #1029: Nov 07, 2015 04:49:30 pm
      A very good friend of mine died on wed night and although she had been ill for quite some time it was still unexpected 47 is way to young , goodnight mush  may you be welcomed with open arms ,

RIP Michelle sadly taken away .

sorry to hear that mate, rip
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,396 posts | 3400 
      Reply #1030: Nov 20, 2015 08:53:59 pm
      A month away from redundancy, struggling to get a job, was told today  by agency looking to set me up with a job that that another agency i worked for has no record of me working for them and now as it stands i can't be processed as they want references from my previous jobs. My current job almost went tits up because EE said they had no record of me working for them, and i had to write to them Without references i am screwed as a couple of ex employers have gone bust, feeling low, just feel like jacking it all in, self pity i know but I've just had enough.just need to let of steam
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,423 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1031: Nov 20, 2015 09:54:07 pm
      A month away from redundancy, struggling to get a job, was told today  by agency looking to set me up with a job that that another agency i worked for has no record of me working for them and now as it stands i can't be processed as they want references from my previous jobs. My current job almost went tits up because EE said they had no record of me working for them, and i had to write to them Without references i am screwed as a couple of ex employers have gone bust, feeling low, just feel like jacking it all in, self pity i know but I've just had enough.just need to let of steam

Where are you based buddy?.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,345 posts | 1620 
      Reply #1032: Nov 21, 2015 12:34:10 am

Cheers mate ,

Heads up on the job front bud don't give in , can be tough on times but keep  your head and spirits up something will come your way just keep searching good luck .
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,729 posts | 6708 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1033: Nov 21, 2015 04:12:05 am
      What has me feeling down? Being at work after having a wek off.

Need a get rich quick scheme, any one got any good ideas?
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,608 posts | 6930 
      Reply #1034: Dec 06, 2015 10:23:05 am
      My son's nursery is under about 3 foot of water.

Quick Reply