Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

The 'What Has You Feeling Down?' thread

Read 111275 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Re: The 'What Has You Feeling Down?' thread
      Reply #1058: Dec 28, 2015 11:44:18 am
      cheers mate, keep thinking get a grip and then for no have a wave of emotion waves over me. I hope getting a new job will help else i will drive myself mental. I always like to make things hard for myself, and the feelings i had for my friend haven't helped.

Might be hard now but think of 2015 as just another journey in your life and the future will bring  challenges and hope.

All the best mate I have a feeling you will have a great 2016.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1059: Dec 30, 2015 10:10:37 am
      Might be hard now but think of 2015 as just another journey in your life and the future will bring  challenges and hope.

All the best mate I have a feeling you will have a great 2016.

Thank you, I hope you're right, off down the job centre now, never thought i would have to go anywhere near that place again but I can't afford to live otherwise.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #1060: Dec 30, 2015 03:06:21 pm
      All the very best to you Fatkopite, I hope things turn out for the best.....as one door closes, another opens, keep your spirits up hun  :hug:
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #1061: Dec 30, 2015 04:50:39 pm
      Thank you, I hope you're right, off down the job centre now, never thought i would have to go anywhere near that place again but I can't afford to live otherwise.

Hope it went ok for you , keep your head up  keep looking sometimes when you least expect it a door will open  all the best for next year .
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #1062: Dec 30, 2015 10:29:24 pm
      Don't pop up much in here but sorry to hear about your loss frizz and your bad news Kopite.

Chin up mates 2016 can only be better.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #1063: Jan 04, 2016 10:21:04 am
      Hope it went ok for you , keep your head up  keep looking sometimes when you least expect it a door will open  all the best for next year .

cheers mate, been unemployed for just over a week and today has hit me not getting up to go work, trying to keep focused and it's almost become an obsession as else I will go totally mental
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1064: Jan 04, 2016 10:28:54 am
      cheers mate, been unemployed for just over a week and today has hit me not getting up to go work, trying to keep focused and it's almost become an obsession as else I will go totally mental

people think its wrong to feel down or sad when all it really means your alive and kicking. just keep going mate doing the right things one day at a time and things will improve. Losing a job is like a bomb going off in your life but your still here still fighting . Don't focus on Liverpool though as that will send you mental. Good luck mate happy NEW year.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #1065: Jan 04, 2016 04:06:46 pm

What do you do mate or looking to do?

I've been out of work 4 times for 18 months, 12 months, 6 and 4 months so longish periods and I know what your going through the mental side makes you think your not worthy of anything.

I don't know where you live but have a look at the local council mini-cabs, wont solve your problems but it will pay your bills and get you out and about while you look for another job. I did mine where I live took me about 4 weeks all in all with the medical, tests and CRB check they have to do and was very worthwhile.

Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #1066: Jan 06, 2016 07:44:14 am
      Back to work :( bloody freezing too
      Rockafella88
      • Forum John Toshack

• 267 posts | 83 
      Reply #1067: Jan 06, 2016 11:35:40 pm
      Well, the new year has been a pretty sh*t one so far.

Me and my wife were expecting our second child, our 12 week scan was on New Year's Eve. When we got there, the baby didn't have a heart beat. A "missed miscarriage" supposedly, so no symptoms, my wife's body telling her your pregnant when really the foetus stopped growing 4 weeks ago.

Worst part is, she couldn't get the procedure to remove the baby done till Monday just passed, had to wait three days due to new year.

I'm coping OK I guess, thinking about my already amazing daughter. But I'm just worried about my wife, and how to support her etc.

Don't know why I'm posting on here, but don't really have anyone else to vent too. My family does that wierd sympathetic voice thing, so just put in the brave face.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #1068: Jan 07, 2016 09:05:22 am

Me and my wife were expecting our second child, our 12 week scan was on New Year's Eve. When we got there, the baby didn't have a heart beat. A "missed miscarriage" supposedly, so no symptoms, my wife's body telling her your pregnant when really the foetus stopped growing 4 weeks ago.

Worst part is, she couldn't get the procedure to remove the baby done till Monday just passed, had to wait three days due to new year.

I'm coping OK I guess, thinking about my already amazing daughter. But I'm just worried about my wife, and how to support her etc.

Don't know why I'm posting on here, but don't really have anyone else to vent too. My family does that wierd sympathetic voice thing, so just put in the brave face.

Mate that's got to be the hardest thing to deal with, my heart goes out to you all.

Stay strong and as for posting on here, we're family too so if you need to vent, vent away.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #1069: Jan 07, 2016 10:20:05 am

Mate, sounds awful beyond comprehension.

There is a couple that we know who have found out exactly the same thing on 22nd December and who have only just now been able to get the baby out. This is the 2nd time this has happened to them now. The girl's Mum is also on a day to day thing in a hospice.

It really is hard to provide some advice for something so heart breaking but like you, the couple that I know have a gorgeous little girl.

If I was you I'd probably take a few days off work and get the three of you away together and spoil your little girl rotten, hug and kiss her a lot. Ribby Hall, something like that. Something random.

As I say, thoughts are with you mate and you're in the hardest part right now and I'm sure you'll be being the man of the family.

Keep that chin up. Big love mate.
      Rockafella88
      • Forum John Toshack

• 267 posts | 83 
      Reply #1070: Jan 07, 2016 04:06:36 pm
      Thanks guys, means a lot. Just getting through day by day. Hopefully Jürgen can help my mood a bit with a string of good performances and results!
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #1071: Jan 18, 2016 05:44:43 pm
      What do you do mate or looking to do?

I've been out of work 4 times for 18 months, 12 months, 6 and 4 months so longish periods and I know what your going through the mental side makes you think your not worthy of anything.

I don't know where you live but have a look at the local council mini-cabs, wont solve your problems but it will pay your bills and get you out and about while you look for another job. I did mine where I live took me about 4 weeks all in all with the medical, tests and CRB check they have to do and was very worthwhile.

i live in Plymouth mate, and my career has been in admin and customer service, just about every job i go for has tonnes of applicants, have had a lot of interviews but as today the common thread seems to be we liked and you came across well but there was some one with a little bit more experience. As for the taxis, i can't drive .Feeling low as hell and really beginning to lose my enthusiasm, i have been unemployed before but this feels different, meant to be going to a party or two but don't think i can face anyone, just feel guilty and ashamed to be honest.sounds stupid but trying to keep a low profile as friends and neighbours ask me what i am doing etc.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #1072: Jan 18, 2016 05:50:14 pm

so sorry to hear that, just read this and feel embarrassed about moaning about something so trivial as not having a job. A while back my mum told me that she had a miscarriage and i was flabbergasted that i am 43 and she had never mentioned it before. It's okay to post it here mate, you know that we are here for you like a large extended if slightly dysfunctional family.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #1073: Feb 02, 2016 08:15:44 am
      What a total useless knob head i am, get fixed up with a job, interview on a Tuesday and start on the Thursday. Happy as Larry, but really might have to quit as the hours are 8.45 to 17.30 and the last bus in the morning to the industrial estate is 7.20 ish and the last bus leaves at 17.15. Really embarrassed to admit struggling with the 40-45 minute walk to and fro the bus stop.ggot drowned a couple of times, can't ask anyone for a lift. In total despair, really think i am on the verge of a breakdown and i don't think i am being overdramatic this time.trying to see how it goes before contacting the agency, literally struggling to get out of bed in the mornings, finding it hard to stay awake, legs feel like i have lead weights attached and if i sit down my legs seize up and i can hardly move. I know this is so trivial and i should get a grip but i think my friends and family are fed up with me and i need to let my despair and frustration out. Sorry for going on guys...
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1074: Feb 02, 2016 09:22:48 am
      What a total useless knob head i am, get fixed up with a job, interview on a Tuesday and start on the Thursday. Happy as Larry, but really might have to quit as the hours are 8.45 to 17.30 and the last bus in the morning to the industrial estate is 7.20 ish and the last bus leaves at 17.15. Really embarrassed to admit struggling with the 40-45 minute walk to and fro the bus stop.ggot drowned a couple of times, can't ask anyone for a lift. In total despair, really think i am on the verge of a breakdown and i don't think i am being overdramatic this time.trying to see how it goes before contacting the agency, literally struggling to get out of bed in the mornings, finding it hard to stay awake, legs feel like i have lead weights attached and if i sit down my legs seize up and i can hardly move. I know this is so trivial and i should get a grip but i think my friends and family are fed up with me and i need to let my despair and frustration out. Sorry for going on guys...

Its that time of the year mate, it's cold dark and wet outside, give it another couple of months and it should hopefully be lighter (maybe not drier) and warmer. In which time you should also be fitter for the 40min walk, in fact you will have probably reduced it to 30mins.  :gt-happyup:
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #1075: Feb 02, 2016 12:53:55 pm
      Its that time of the year mate, it's cold dark and wet outside, give it another couple of months and it should hopefully be lighter (maybe not drier) and warmer. In which time you should also be fitter for the 40min walk, in fact you will have probably reduced it to 30mins.  :gt-happyup:

really hope you're right, i hate walking up hills and then feeling that i will miss the bus and get home even later, a while back did the ligament in the back of my knee so i get aches if i walk a fair way.just feel like sleeping.should have known when i took the job. I always see the downside on everything.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #1076: Feb 02, 2016 04:42:20 pm
      really hope you're right, i hate walking up hills and then feeling that i will miss the bus and get home even later, a while back did the ligament in the back of my knee so i get aches if i walk a fair way.just feel like sleeping.should have known when i took the job. I always see the downside on everything.

Get a push bike, doesn't need to be an expensive one. My 40 minute walk is 10 minutes on the way in, 20 on the way home, steep f'n hill.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #1077: Feb 04, 2016 09:42:24 pm
      Get a push bike, doesn't need to be an expensive one. My 40 minute walk is 10 minutes on the way in, 20 on the way home, steep f'n hill.

don't think they've built a bike that could carry my fat arse
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #1078: Feb 05, 2016 02:22:49 am
      don't think they've built a bike that could carry my fat arse

Carries mine and I've been everything from 15-35st.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #1079: Feb 07, 2016 06:16:39 pm
      Carries mine and I've been everything from 15-35st.

fair play to you, don't have the confidence to ride a bike or drive, especially in around a big industrial estate
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #1080: Apr 22, 2016 07:37:00 pm
      A year which has witnessed the untimely deaths of greats like Glenn Frey, Lemmy, Bowie and Prince the world of music was dealt yet another blow when Justin Bieber was found alive and well in his bed this morning.  :f_wah:

Quick Reply