Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

The 'What Has You Feeling Down?' thread

Read 112209 times
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Re: The 'What Has You Feeling Down?' thread
      Reply #115: May 20, 2011 08:06:34 pm
      My basic week is 40 hours. Dropping hours wouldn't be a possibility here. May be hard to believe but I'm actually quite useful to the company, ;D.

:D  Well lets hope they give you a humungous pay-rise in recognition of the valuable service you provide  :D
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #116: May 20, 2011 08:20:40 pm
      As Gow said, just remember you'll never walk alone. Always here for a laugh and a chat!
      I know mate, if I didn't laugh and joke I'd probably lose it completely. I think that's part of the reason I ended up posting about it actually, I know there will be others on here who are going through a hard time and look at us pissing about thinking that everything is rosey for us. Opening up about these things yet still having a laugh shows that no matter how sh*t things get, there's no benefit in beating yourself up about it.

:D  Well lets hope they give you a humungous pay-rise in recognition of the valuable service you provide  :D
      I keep trying my luck but my pay has gone up 5 times and by around 35% since I started here 2 years ago so I can't argue I'm overdue ;D
      KateMKD_Red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,184 posts | 527 
      • At the end of the storm, there’s a golden sky.
      Reply #117: May 20, 2011 08:31:05 pm
      I know mate, if I didn't laugh and joke I'd probably lose it completely. I think that's part of the reason I ended up posting about it actually, I know there will be others on here who are going through a hard time and look at us pissing about thinking that everything is rosey for us. Opening up about these things yet still having a laugh shows that no matter how sh*t things get, there's no benefit in beating yourself up about it.

You said it Rep mate, and as somebody else said YNWA as long as we are on here, at least for venting and keeping a good spirit.
      Firepool
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,274 posts | 224 
      • @Jenns_Design
      Reply #118: May 20, 2011 09:23:56 pm
      Rep, I empathize with you. I have been unemployed for a year and a half. I have had a couple of part time jobs but they don't pay that much. I had to move back into my parents house and lucky for me they don't have me pay rent and they are willing to help me out. I feel lucky having them cause I know there are people worse off than me. I choose to look at the positive side of things. Some days are harder than others but I know it will get better.

I am glad I have this site to get on and forget about my problems and enjoy a good read or a funny story.

As others have said YNWA!!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,165 posts | 8548 
      Reply #119: May 20, 2011 11:09:08 pm
      Huyton get yourself one of those muslim toilets mate.

Seriously considering it at the moment. Just been for a sh*t, blood all over the shop, trip to the doctors on Monday!!

If it was a bit warmer outside, I might of just cleared out the freezer and sat in there.

Currently doing the manly thing and just getting on with it.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #120: May 21, 2011 12:14:06 am
      Try rubbing honey on the affected area as we all know the antibactreal properties honey contains.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #121: May 21, 2011 12:46:36 am
      Try rubbing honey on the affected area as we all know the antibactreal properties honey contains.

I couldn't recommend that Shabs, he might come to a sticky end.... :D
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,348 posts | 1622 
      Reply #122: May 21, 2011 10:29:35 am
      Some mighty old probs on her and i feel for all of you especially the ones with money probs it dont buy happiness but it sure as fck buys lots of other things .

My missus came home from work on wednesday to an almighty shock ,when she came in which happened to be early (very lucky) the baby was in his walker by the door and she thought nothing of it called out to my daughter ,no reply only when she walked a bit further she could see my daughter flat out on the kitchen floor, cooker was on chips bubbling away, she called paramedics  who said not to move her , anyway upshot was they took her in run loads of tests and they all came back clear ,she had no memory of what happened and was out for about half to three quarters of an hour according to the paramedics who came.

They sent her home and all seemed well but it happened again yesterday morning rushed her back to hospital same thing run loads of tests all clear took her for a brain scan  that came back clear , she has to wait for another type of scan now but it will take about 3 to 4 weeks to happen , she seems fine but something  is wrong and the sooner we find out what, the sooner we can deal with it. She cant have a bath now or be on her own with the baby ,i have had to stay home this morning now to watch her ,till her partner comes home and he is being a bit of a tit if i am honest , he went out last night while me and the missus watched her which we don,t mind ,but it wound my missus up that he is being so fcking selfish  and not playing his part , anyhow the weekend is here so all chin up and try and enjoy it .

Huyton if they really are that bad , and i know what bad means trust me , soak a flannel or similar in water  roll it up and put it in the freezer then when frozen wedge it in the crack of your ass sit on that for a while it will numb the fck out of them and give you a lot of relief .
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #123: May 21, 2011 11:10:36 am
      Bloody hell mate, that's not good and you're right, her fella is bang out of order going out on the piss. I'm no angel but if that was my missus, I'd be home until it was sorted.

....she has to wait for another type of scan now but it will take about 3 to 4 weeks to happen...
      That really f***in winds me up! I'm sure there's a queue of people waiting to use the equipment but for F**k sake, surely this sort of thing should be pretty high priority when someone responsible for looking after a small child keeps blacking out!
      MsGerrard
      Reply #124: May 21, 2011 08:34:24 pm
      Oh blimey Andy, what a terrible shock for you both, hope they manage to get to the bottom of the problem, take care all of you xx
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #125: May 23, 2011 10:23:05 am
      Feeling a bit sh*t as my gorgeous girlfriend has misscarried,we were really made up about it so its a bit of a shock :( :(
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #126: May 23, 2011 10:54:00 am
      Feeling a bit sh*t as my gorgeous girlfriend has misscarried,we were really made up about it so its a bit of a shock :( :(
      Oh sh*t mate, I'm sorry. Happened to close friends of mine not long ago. Not really much I can say, just hope you both manage to get over it and try again at some point.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #127: May 23, 2011 11:11:32 am

So sorry to hear that Brilad  :hug:  like Rep said, hope you both manage to get over it and try again sometime xx

Lots of tlc will be the order of the day.  :)
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #128: May 23, 2011 12:53:12 pm

Big hugs to you and your girl brilad, that's happened to me twice in the past, not a nice thing to go through.  Be strong mate, and try again when your both ready   :hug:
      Firepool
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,274 posts | 224 
      • @Jenns_Design
      Reply #129: May 23, 2011 03:05:48 pm
      Sorry to hear brilad. Hope you get through this. Big Hugs sent to you guys today.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #130: May 23, 2011 03:08:01 pm
      Hope you get & your misses get through it Brilad.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,610 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #131: May 23, 2011 03:08:23 pm
      Much love to you Brilad and Andy.
      Devastating news.
      All I can do is echo the sentiments that have gone before.
      YNWA
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #132: May 23, 2011 03:20:54 pm

Chin up buddy i went through the same with my wife when she mis-carried,wife took it bad but we had to be patient.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,348 posts | 1622 
      Reply #133: May 23, 2011 03:21:42 pm
      Hope you and your girl  are ok Brilad  best of luck in the future to the both of you.

The oldest friend i had living passed away on sat just short of his hundred  a mountain of knowledge has gone with him and will be sadly missed , a war veteran of immense character and courage ,and also very witty and humerous , used to share a whiskey and water with him most saturday,s up until about 4 years ago ,when his health turned on him , still a grand old innings and many thanks for the memory,s ,, goodbye old TOM.                             
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #134: May 23, 2011 03:23:26 pm
      RIP, Tom. As you say, had a good innings and you shouldn't feel down about it, celebrate his life.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,610 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #135: May 23, 2011 03:27:42 pm
      RIP Tom.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #136: May 23, 2011 03:37:09 pm