Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

The 'What Has You Feeling Down?' thread

Read 111311 times
      Mad4LFC
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 989 posts | 81 
      Re: The 'What Has You Feeling Down?' thread
      Reply #851: Jan 28, 2015 08:28:19 pm
      Well I've reached that time in life where I have to prepare myself for my parents passing. 

Both now in their 80's, Mum with dementia and now not been out of bed since Christmas.  Dad, who has heroically been looking after her for the best part of ten years, has gone down hill rapidly in the last couple of months.  He's showing signs of having enough, has no fight left in him and is shrinking before my eyes.

It's heartbreaking to see them now, as they were such a vibrant pair until a few short years ago  :'(

It's horrible I know, mums in an EMI unit been there 12 months with frontal lobe dementia, basically I lost mum 12 months ago as she can't speak and doesn't know who anyone is and she's only 70. Go most days but it's heartbreaking and exhausting.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,479 posts | 342 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #852: Jan 28, 2015 08:42:27 pm
      Well I've reached that time in life where I have to prepare myself for my parents passing. 

Both now in their 80's, Mum with dementia and now not been out of bed since Christmas.  Dad, who has heroically been looking after her for the best part of ten years, has gone down hill rapidly in the last couple of months.  He's showing signs of having enough, has no fight left in him and is shrinking before my eyes.

It's heartbreaking to see them now, as they were such a vibrant pair until a few short years ago  :'(

Be strong Debs, must be difficult, can't even imagine how hard it must be. :(

YNWA.

It's horrible I know, mums in an EMI unit been there 12 months with frontal lobe dementia, basically I lost mum 12 months ago as she can't speak and doesn't know who anyone is and she's only 70. Go most days but it's heartbreaking and exhausting.

Same as Debs for you mate, be strong. I can't imagine how hard it is. :(

YNWA.
      Firepool
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,274 posts | 224 
      • @Jenns_Design
      Reply #853: Jan 28, 2015 11:33:23 pm

Sorry to hear reddebs about your parents. It is tough. I helped take care of my Grandma who had dementia. At one point she needed help pulling up her pants among other things. Thoughts are with you. YNWA!

Sorry to hear about your mum Mad4LFC. My thoughts are with you as well. YNWA!
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #854: Jan 29, 2015 12:11:54 pm

Can't be easy that Deb  :( like PD said, stay strong hun xx :hug:

So sorry to hear that Debs, stay strong.

Thoughts are with you.  Just got back from Essex, my nan is a shadow of what she was and my mum, despite saying she's OK, could barely move herself and struggled up and down stairs to help my nan.  To be honest, I struggle in these sort of situations and found it very hard to be there.

Sorry to hear that mate, it's not easy that's for sure.

That must be heartbreaking mate, fortunately we've not reached that stage and I honestly hope we don't.

Be strong Debs, must be difficult, can't even imagine how hard it must be. :(

YNWA.

Sorry to hear reddebs about your parents. It is tough. I helped take care of my Grandma who had dementia. At one point she needed help pulling up her pants among other things. Thoughts are with you. YNWA!

Thank you all for your kind words and for the PM's I've received, the Liverpool family never let you down  :hug:
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,969 posts | 3945 
      Reply #855: Jan 29, 2015 12:34:37 pm

Feel for you Debs we're all with you luv stay strong x.
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #856: Jan 29, 2015 01:47:34 pm

So sorry to hear that Deb's, I know it's not easy but just stay strong.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #857: Jan 29, 2015 02:34:28 pm

I am truly sorry :(

As people have mentioned, stay strong. Keep your strength up and try to stay as positive as you can around your parents. My thoughts are with you. YNWA.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #858: Jan 31, 2015 10:37:41 am

Feel for you Debs we're all with you luv stay strong x.

So sorry to hear that Deb's, I know it's not easy but just stay strong.

I am truly sorry :(

As people have mentioned, stay strong. Keep your strength up and try to stay as positive as you can around your parents. My thoughts are with you. YNWA.

Thanks again for the kind words and support, it means a lot  :hug:
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #859: Feb 01, 2015 06:30:54 pm

Hi Debs
      While there are many highs in a lifetime watching family members especially your parents go downhill is surely one of the saddest thoughts are with you and your family  you mention your dad looking after mam  and I think its sometimes not understood how much of a toll it takes on the individual involved I watched it with my gran and didn't really appreciate the toll it took on her till much later , stay strong and im sure there is always a ear ready to listen take care .
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #860: Feb 06, 2015 10:20:13 am
      Beem a tough few weeks for our family  as we lost someone Christmas time  and only yesterday we had the funeral  he lesves behind a loving family two young boys and a very courageous young missus  perhaps now they can start to move on .
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #861: Feb 13, 2015 07:44:05 pm

Really sorry to hear that Debs, tough time for you and the family, reckon all you can do is stay strong and try help and support them in whatever way you can. My Dad passed away a few weeks back from cancer, just awful. Keep telling myself he reached a good age (73), and he himself said once he'd led a full life and had no regrets - but I really miss him.
      Everyone's different, but I found the best way to prepare for what we knew was going to happen was just to spend as much time with him as possible before the end, help/support if I could - and not question how he had decided he wanted to go out, which in his case was to not really talk about it openly, which was tough in some ways/for some, but was the way he wanted it and got to respect his wishes.
      I dunno, the whole thing left me thinking there's got to be a better way, not sure what that is, but anyway.
      Hang in there  :hug:
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #862: Feb 13, 2015 09:44:19 pm
      Really sorry to hear that Debs, tough time for you and the family, reckon all you can do is stay strong and try help and support them in whatever way you can. My Dad passed away a few weeks back from cancer, just awful. Keep telling myself he reached a good age (73), and he himself said once he'd led a full life and had no regrets - but I really miss him.
      Everyone's different, but I found the best way to prepare for what we knew was going to happen was just to spend as much time with him as possible before the end, help/support if I could - and not question how he had decided he wanted to go out, which in his case was to not really talk about it openly, which was tough in some ways/for some, but was the way he wanted it and got to respect his wishes.
      I dunno, the whole thing left me thinking there's got to be a better way, not sure what that is, but anyway.

I totally agree with you about giving full support, when my DAD and best mate died at the young age of 56 we knew he was dying but it did not make it any easier when the time arrived. I was working at Fords at the time and did permanent nights for 6 months so I could take him out in the car each morning. It is a horrible feeling when you learn that someone who means the world to you is dying but there is no easy answer how you handle it.Thoughts with you Debs.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #863: Feb 14, 2015 11:29:37 am
      Hi Debs
      While there are many highs in a lifetime watching family members especially your parents go downhill is surely one of the saddest thoughts are with you and your family  you mention your dad looking after mam  and I think its sometimes not understood how much of a toll it takes on the individual involved I watched it with my gran and didn't really appreciate the toll it took on her till much later , stay strong and im sure there is always a ear ready to listen take care .

Thank you for the encouragement both of you, it's comforting to know that there is no right or wrong way, just whatever feels right for all concerned.

Since my original post, Dad's been in hospital being treated for possible kidney failure.  We're still waiting for test/scan results as to whether he'll need to start having dialysis but at least we know the reason for his rapid decline.

One good thing to have happened is that he's now accepting more help from my sister instead of insisting on doing everything himself.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #864: Feb 14, 2015 11:35:00 am
      Thinking of you Debs, horrible situation. Keep it together the best you can mate.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #865: Feb 14, 2015 11:37:48 am
      Beem a tough few weeks for our family  as we lost someone Christmas time  and only yesterday we had the funeral  he lesves behind a loving family two young boys and a very courageous young missus  perhaps now they can start to move on .

Only just seen this Andy.  It always seems worse to lose someone at a young age, seems such a waste of life when they've still so much to live for.

Thoughts are with you all mate.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #866: Feb 14, 2015 11:38:56 am
      Thinking of you Debs, horrible situation. Keep it together the best you can mate.

Cheers mate.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #867: Mar 01, 2015 05:34:36 pm
      Today my mrs lost her second brother  one minute in the pub having lunch the next thing a dreaded phone call  and had to rush home too late as he had already gone  another bad day for us .
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #868: Mar 01, 2015 05:35:46 pm
      Today my mrs lost her second brother  one minute in the pub having lunch the next thing a dreaded phone call  and had to rush home too late as he had already gone  another bad day for us .

Sorry Andy lad, tough times mate

Thoughts with you and your Mrs.

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #869: Mar 01, 2015 05:40:15 pm

I really am so sorry to read this andy.

Stay strong for your wife.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #870: Mar 01, 2015 06:00:24 pm

So sorry to hear that Andy, it's been a tough year for your family.  Stay strong for them mate.

YNWA.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #871: Mar 01, 2015 06:45:21 pm

Keep strong mate.

Thoughts and prayers with you & the family.

YNWA.
      « Last Edit: Mar 01, 2015 07:32:15 pm by Shabs »
      Firepool
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,274 posts | 224 
      • @Jenns_Design
      Reply #872: Mar 01, 2015 07:24:26 pm

Sorry to hear. Your Mrs and you are in my thoughts. YNWA!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,969 posts | 3945 
      Reply #873: Mar 01, 2015 08:20:14 pm

Thoughts are with your good lady at this sad time Andy, hope you get to see some light at the end of the bad fortune you're having mate.

Quick Reply