Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

The 'What Has You Feeling Down?' thread

Read 111268 times
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Re: The 'What Has You Feeling Down?' thread
      Reply #69: May 15, 2011 12:59:07 am
      Much love to you fellow reds. A lot of tough times out there
      MsGerrard
      Reply #70: May 15, 2011 01:09:48 am
      Found out a friend of mine had a bad car crash this morning and is intensive care :/, hoping she'll be out soon though.

Hope she'll be ok mate.

Thoughts are with you, my sister is still recovering from her bad crash.

How is your Sis Rodders?
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #71: May 15, 2011 01:18:08 am

Wheelchair bound at present, more than a little depressed as well, though that's caused by her frustration.  Awaiting news on her left foot, which may need a further operation.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #72: May 15, 2011 01:20:20 am
      Having missed any news recently Rodders I'm glad to see she's alive. Not that I could ever imagine the hard work and struggle that is ahead of her
      MsGerrard
      Reply #73: May 15, 2011 01:21:51 am
      Wheelchair bound at present, more than a little depressed as well, though that's caused by her frustration.  Awaiting news on her left foot, which may need a further operation.

Bad...hope she'll recover Rodder5s, cant be easy for her, send oir love yeah xxx
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #74: May 17, 2011 11:25:23 am
      o2 completely down in Kent, no signal all day now - fuckers
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #75: May 17, 2011 05:00:12 pm
      I'm ashamed to say I forgot about your sister, Rodders. Glad she's made some progress and is alert at least. Hope she keeps moving forward.
      LazyFingers
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 892 posts | 22 
      Reply #76: May 17, 2011 07:45:26 pm
      Right, definitely gonna break it off with my GF tomorrow. I'm not arsed seeing someone if I feel like I like them way more than they like me. Sick to death of being the one who has to see if the other wants to do something. Sick to death of getting text messages that contain a maximum of four words. And we've been seeing each other for about three months which means I haven't had sex in about three months and a day. I'm going back to being a manslut.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #77: May 17, 2011 08:08:45 pm
      Oh dear Lazy fingers...sounds like its time to move on,  I'm sure you'll find someone who appreciates you for what you are..best of luck hun x
      LazyFingers
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 892 posts | 22 
      Reply #78: May 17, 2011 08:14:48 pm
      Cheers Cas, but I don't think I want to go out with anyone for a while!

If she was slightly different she could be the best GF ever, but after my last relationship (2 years long and pure torture which only ended about a month before I started seeing my current GF) there's no way I'm gonna see anyone new unless they're absolutely amazing!

Saying that though, I'm going to a party on Friday and I'm 99.9% sure I'll sleep with a girl I know :P
      MsGerrard
      Reply #79: May 17, 2011 08:31:57 pm
      Cheers Cas, but I don't think I want to go out with anyone for a while!

If she was slightly different she could be the best GF ever, but after my last relationship (2 years long and pure torture which only ended about a month before I started seeing my current GF) there's no way I'm gonna see anyone new unless they're absolutely amazing!

Saying that though, I'm going to a party on Friday and I'm 99.9% sure I'll sleep with a girl I know :P

Enjoy having a flirt hun.....just ask Rep all about it, he's an expert  :laugh:
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #80: May 17, 2011 08:36:11 pm
      ;D

On a serious note, I've been there LF. I let a relationship run for far too long when it was me making the effort all of the time. I think you've made the right decision.
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #81: May 17, 2011 09:13:07 pm
      Some fuckker just let his staff dog of the lead and it is at to ripping lumps out of my kids 3 month old boxer dog,

My kids are crying my wife is going mad.Some people have no cop on.

Brooklyn Red
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #82: May 17, 2011 09:21:57 pm
      Some fuckker just let his staff dog of the lead and it is at to ripping lumps out of my kids 3 month old boxer dog,

Oh for F**k's sake. That's terrible. Hope everyone's ok, Stephen.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #83: May 17, 2011 09:56:47 pm
      Bottle the w**ker, Stephen. What an idiot.

I'm copping sh*t at work from players. If they lose, it's my fault. If they win it's them being a genius. Yeah, that works out. cu*ts.

A) Go home.

B) Shut up

C) Play a different game; OR

D) Go home and shut the F**k up.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #84: May 17, 2011 10:49:20 pm
      Modern music!
      LazyFingers
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 892 posts | 22 
      Reply #85: May 18, 2011 12:46:38 am

Cheers MsG! I read that thread with Rep, don't think I got to the ending though! He seems like me in that he could have five sexy women wanting him but just not the one he thinks he wants! Me and Rep are winners though, 'cause it seems women love us ;)

On a serious note, I've been there LF. I let a relationship run for far too long when it was me making the effort all of the time. I think you've made the right decision.

Cheers man, though I'm still yet to do it, we're meeting up at 9PM tomorrow and she's gonna get the sack, Woy style (given way too much time and didn't perform) ;)

One of the worst things about this is her friends, I really really get along great with all of them. Though I'm sure I'll see them around still!
      Women of Dublin watch out, my leash is gonna be off fully for the first time since early 2009! :P
      MsGerrard
      Reply #86: May 18, 2011 08:04:33 am
      Cheers MsG! I read that thread with Rep, don't think I got to the ending though! He seems like me in that he could have five sexy women wanting him but just not the one he thinks he wants! Me and Rep are winners though, 'cause it seems women love us ;)

Of course we do  ;)
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #87: May 18, 2011 10:46:33 am
      Cheers MsG! I read that thread with Rep, don't think I got to the ending though!

It never ends  ;)

He seems like me in that he could have five sexy women wanting him but just not the one he thinks he wants! Me and Rep are winners though, 'cause it seems women love us ;)
      ;D. Well I'm not saying women are constantly throwing themselves at me but there's some truth in what you say. I do ok for myself in that sense but I have a habit of wanting the one girl I can't have and/or settling down with the worng one because I can get them!

That's sh*t, mate. About a year ago, I was in bed sleeping off a night shift and my ex and her 6yr old son too my dog out for a walk in the field behind our house. He was a massive dog but great temperament and soft as sh*t. Two dogs (German Shepherd and Boarder Collie) burst out of a neighbouring garden through a broken fence panel and attacked our dog. He just lay down and took it, getting lumps ripped out of him. My ex and her lad were screaming and crying until a bloke ran out of another house, shouting and kicking at the other dogs until they stopped then the owner's daughter took them back inside. Physically our dog recovered but he was never the same with other dogs again, he didn't trust them so became aggressive and defensive towards them. My ex never got over it either, she would be nervous every time they went out with the dog. For the record, as it's dog-on-dog, the Police will not give a flying F**k.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #88: May 19, 2011 03:55:04 pm
      Money (or lack of) has me feeling down. I said I wasn't going to talk about it because people were discussing bigger problems such as health issues but as we've gone onto other subjects, I'll open up a bit.
      To give you a bit of background, I was living with my ex up until Oct and when we split I had nowhere to go. I moved in with a mate and his ex until January but they were having 'problems' themselves (they eventually split) so I had to try to find somewhere. I started renting a 2 bedroom house, nothing fancy. The idea was that there would be a room for me and the other room would be for my kids when they come to visit at the weekends. I've mentioned it before but that was only possible thanks to an extremely generous forum member who helped me out with a deposit and first months rent.

I haven't exactly led a lavish lifestyle since then and for weeks I didn't even have anything to sit on. I spent most evenings sat on the floor or lying on an airbed reading books. Even now I have a settee and a telly, a proper bed and some kitchen appliances (a kettle was the most essential purchase) but still don't have much else and live on pasta mixed with soup (cheaper than sauce), baked potatoes or toast. I shower instead of bathing, never have the heating on and only switch things on when I need them (although I have my retro 90s, stuttering second hand pc on to talk to you lot) to keep fuel bills down.

I wouldn't mind any of that if it meant I could afford to live but it's becoming pretty obvious that I can't. I'm going to have to take my car off the road at the end of the month because Tax, MOT and insurance are all up and I can't afford any of them, meaning I will have to find another way to get to my kids (50+ miles away) and cycle 13 miles a day to work and back. I owe for council tax and water and other debts (such as credit cards) are just going to have to wait.

The only solution, it seems, is to find someone to share the rent with, losing the room that I'd reserved for my kids. It's the last thing I wanted to do but it's either that or lose the house. I've already asked a mate about it and he's interested but couldn't move in for a couple of months yet anyway because he's on a temporary contract at work until then. As for meeting girls, that pretty much knackers that one as well!

So although I'm in relatively good health (aside from a cough) and fully appreciate things could be worse, I'm not really enjoying life at the minute.

They say money can't buy happiness. 'They' obviously have money.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #89: May 19, 2011 05:25:29 pm
      Oh Rep....I really don't know what to say to you, I never knew you were in such dire straits, you have my sympathy, although I'm sure you don't want my sympathy  :( I've struggled in the past, I had to sell my car to pay my rent, which meant I couldn't travel to Liverpool which upset me greatly, fortunately I'm in a much more fortunate postition now.

The next time I win the Premium bonds....it's yours  :gt-happyup:
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #90: May 19, 2011 05:27:41 pm
      Haha, thanks Cas. I love my car but if it wasn't for my kids living so far away, I'd sell it and make do. Not really an option for me though.
      Oh and no, I wasn't after sympathy at all, it's just good to air these things sometimes.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #91: May 19, 2011 05:35:46 pm
      Feel for you Rep. I know what you mean. Money may not buy happiness, but lack of it can and the stress associated with it can certainly F**k you up. Biggest strains in my marriage are largely financial related

Quick Reply