Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

The 'What Has You Feeling Down?' thread

Read 112248 times
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,349 posts | 1622 
      Re: The 'What Has You Feeling Down?' thread
      Reply #897: May 23, 2015 03:08:55 pm
      Been missing for a while on here (not that my contributions matter too much) but got some bad news recently,My mother's just being diagnosed with breast cancer and It's knocked me sideways even though she is a chain smoking 86 yr old!
      They've done a biopsy and are checking what type it is in order to try to combat it with drugs (she's too old to operate on and is all skin and bones as it is) but it's gone unoticed and is pretty wide spread so are not very optimistic of a good outcome.
      Going home to the Uk tomorrow for the school holiday and to give a a great big hug for been a great mum!

Sorry to hear your news mate , something from Wales mate a big CWTCH  to all your family especially your mum .
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #898: May 24, 2015 10:43:00 am
      Sorry to hear your news mate , something from Wales mate a big CWTCH  to all your family especially your mum .

Cheers Andy mate, what does CWTCH mean ?
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,349 posts | 1622 
      Reply #899: May 24, 2015 10:56:05 am
       :hug: :hug:
      Cheers Andy mate, what does CWTCH mean ?
      Made me laugh that mate its just a big one of these
       :hug: :hug:
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #900: May 24, 2015 11:06:50 am
      Cheers again mate, had to Google it as I thought it was an acronym !
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,632 posts | 6940 
      Reply #901: May 24, 2015 07:52:00 pm
      Had to have my dog put to sleep this morning.  He was 13 and a brilliant dog.  Very sad.  I knew better than to think Liverpool were going to cheer me up - we got stuffed at Wembley 5 weeks ago on the day my son was born.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #902: May 24, 2015 08:00:49 pm
      Had to have my dog put to sleep this morning.  He was 13 and a brilliant dog.  Very sad.  I knew better than to think Liverpool were going to cheer me up - we got stuffed at Wembley 5 weeks ago on the day my son was born.

Sorry to hear that JD, 13 years is a long time mate, sure you had some good ones with him.
      Firepool
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,274 posts | 224 
      • @Jenns_Design
      Reply #903: May 24, 2015 08:14:06 pm

Sorry to hear about your dog, JD. Not much to say, but remember the good times you had with your dog.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #904: May 24, 2015 08:46:28 pm
      That match today, standing on the terraces watching Stevie trudge off broke me...gutted and sad.

Gutted for you John....Max was a top dog indeed  :(
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,972 posts | 3057 
      Reply #905: May 24, 2015 08:55:31 pm
      Been missing for a while on here (not that my contributions matter too much) but got some bad news recently,My mother's just being diagnosed with breast cancer and It's knocked me sideways even though she is a chain smoking 86 yr old!
      They've done a biopsy and are checking what type it is in order to try to combat it with drugs (she's too old to operate on and is all skin and bones as it is) but it's gone unoticed and is pretty wide spread so are not very optimistic of a good outcome.
      Going home to the Uk tomorrow for the school holiday and to give a a great big hug for been a great mum!

Really sorry to hear that Frizzby - mums are special. Look after her.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,972 posts | 3057 
      Reply #906: May 24, 2015 08:57:35 pm

Sorry to hear that mate - make sure you hold the little 'un a wee bit closer tonight tonight.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #907: May 24, 2015 09:07:24 pm

Sorry to hear that JD, it's a horrible decision to make.  They leave a huge hole in your daily life but the memories never fade.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,247 posts | 4931 
      Reply #908: May 24, 2015 09:37:33 pm

Sorry to hear that mate.  The dogs are a big part of the family.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,349 posts | 1622 
      Reply #909: May 25, 2015 04:20:16 pm
      Had to have my dog put to sleep this morning.  He was 13 and a brilliant dog.  Very sad.  I knew better than to think Liverpool were goingoto cheer me up - we got stuffed at Wembley 5 weeks ago on the day my son was born.
      Really is a sad time when you have to take a family pet on his last journey know the feelings only too well John all the best mate .

Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,191 posts | 1274 
      Reply #910: Jun 01, 2015 12:25:13 am

Know it only too well, very sad and I feel for you. All the best.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,972 posts | 3057 
      Reply #911: Jun 17, 2015 11:29:51 pm
      Cars are bas**rds

Had my share of flash f**ker ones and decided (for me) coming out of the credit crunch in 2008 that I would go for economy and vfm.

I got rid of the German thing that cost me twice as much as my parents house and bought a Vauxhall people-carrier for a year or so and then after that a Saab - not a vintage Saab like I'd had before but I still loved the durable old b***ard.

Anyway.....last September with the Saab reaching 100k miles I decided to trade in for something that'd get me 70mpg and I bought a French thing at 9 months old. Not much fun to drive and generally just a workhorse but that's exactly what I was after......

Bloody thing just ground to a b***ard stop on the outside lane of the dual carriageway tonight. Cue much doom and gloom from the rescue guy who more or less said "its fu**ed - go fight them under warranty".

Cars are bas**rds.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #912: Jun 18, 2015 05:07:29 am
      Not much consolation Al but the main thing is you came out of it safe. It could of been catastrophic in that outside lane. Was you in the car by yourself and so we all know what was the fault and make of the car.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #913: Jun 18, 2015 05:46:30 am
      Cars are bas**rds

Had my share of flash f**ker ones and decided (for me) coming out of the credit crunch in 2008 that I would go for economy and vfm.

I got rid of the German thing that cost me twice as much as my parents house and bought a Vauxhall people-carrier for a year or so and then after that a Saab - not a vintage Saab like I'd had before but I still loved the durable old b***ard.

Anyway.....last September with the Saab reaching 100k miles I decided to trade in for something that'd get me 70mpg and I bought a French thing at 9 months old. Not much fun to drive and generally just a workhorse but that's exactly what I was after......

Bloody thing just ground to a b***ard stop on the outside lane of the dual carriageway tonight. Cue much doom and gloom from the rescue guy who more or less said "its fu**ed - go fight them under warranty".

Cars are bas**rds.

Little tip, from personal experience of cars I have driven over a period of time but never owned...

NEVER BUY FRENCH CARS!

Is the engine cooked, or something?
      « Last Edit: Jun 18, 2015 06:21:31 am by Beerbelly »
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,972 posts | 3057 
      Reply #914: Jun 18, 2015 06:38:22 am
      Little tip, from personal experience of cars I have driven over a period of time but never owned...

NEVER BUY FRENCH CARS!

Little late for that pearl now.......   :-\. I have a 120 round trip commute every day so just wanted something with a decent boot space for all the football gear and that would be economical.....

Dunno.......guess I'll soon find out. Either way shouldn't happen to an 18 month old motor!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,005 posts | 3952 
      Reply #915: Jun 18, 2015 08:16:58 am

NEVER BUY FRENCH CARS!

Can't generalise usually, but can only agree.
      There does seem to be a lot of Nissan Jukes on the road all of a sudden and a mechanic friend put me wise, Nissan once known for reliability and the fact they could outlive their owners have been taken over by Renault of dodgy French car fame; with an appropriate price adjustment of course.
      Nissan were originally one of the upper marque Japanese models with a price that reflected the fact, discounts and other encouragement to buy were frowned upon, the discount a friend recently got on Nissan Juke was unbelievable.
      Leads one to wonder if people read the small print and are salesmen economic with the truth?
      « Last Edit: Jun 18, 2015 08:27:54 am by stuey »
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,349 posts | 1622 
      Reply #916: Jun 26, 2015 08:30:01 pm
      Not a good week  for me just seem to be working more now than I ever have and seem to be getting nowhere was supposed to be in the vip lounge at the airport on sun on my way to Cyprus that got cancelled a while back , really wishing I was going now just to recharge meself was also supposed to be best man out there as well so a bit pissed over that as well .
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #917: Jun 26, 2015 09:14:19 pm
      Stick with it Andy, it will all come right eventually, cheers.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #918: Aug 04, 2015 05:09:48 pm
      Had to have my cat put down today  :( she was 19 years old and she'd had a good life, still very sad though and for the second time y in just a few short months my daughter lost a second cat due to being hit by a car yesterday, sad times  :'(
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #919: Aug 04, 2015 05:12:55 pm
      Had to have my cat put down today  :( she was 19 years old and she'd had a good life, still very sad though and for the second time y in just a few short months my daughter lost a second cat due to being hit by a car yesterday, sad times  :'(

Awe Cas I feel for you hun  :hug: but wow! 19 years old, that's some age.

Quick Reply