Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 16th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W16 D7 L8

The 'What Has You Feeling Down?' thread

Read 111977 times
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,670 posts | 6685 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: The 'What Has You Feeling Down?' thread
      Reply #805: Apr 28, 2014 09:28:06 am
      After watching that Chelsea shower of sh*te take/rob 3 points off us I have been feeling down or should that be angry all day. :f_steam:

Me too bud, looked up the heavens a couple of times today, asked WHY F***ing US?? and then shed a few tears.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,999 posts | 3950 
      Reply #806: May 01, 2014 06:58:58 am
      No mate. Been off here for a while as my youngest son was diagnosed as autistic and we've been fighting the local authorities to get sufficient provisions in place to aid him and other kids in the ASD ( Autistic Spectrum Disorder ) units. The Council tried closing them last month but all the community clubbed together and did a mass demonstration outside the Council meeting with TV crews and local media present and the Council kept them open for now.

We are currently self funding ABA ( Applied Behavioural Analysis ) therapy on top of his normal schooling at the unit and it's costing me about £300 a week. I don't mind paying because he's my son but other local authorities and counties are funding the therapy in the units but not where we live.

It's a long long story mate. My missus has been campaigning like f**k wherever she can and we also had a piece published in the Sunday Times but they edited the f**k out of it. About 10% of what we actually wrote. We are in the process of making a complaint because we feel our views were not represented fully. I doubt anything will come of it but we are going to try.

We are trying to get the ABA program implemented in the curriculum but there are only a few parents who have the bottle and determination to put up a fight and then there are those who just want to sit on the fence and don't want to upset the apple cart.

It's been a long long process and i can see why some parents give up, but they are not going to f**k me or my family over. The progress our son has made has been astounding. Without the therapy he'd be so far behind.

Anyway, good to hear from you Rep, hope all is good with you and yours?

Edit: I did have some posts removed, but that's best left to rest mate.

Sorry mate only just read this and I really am in awe of the action you have undertaken for your lad's benefit and in the wider context.
      It is so good to hear he is taking something from the therapy and makes your actions even more admirable. The government are forcing councils to target the most vulnerable in setting budget restrictions, those with the least power to fight back, despicable measures.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,126 posts | 1277 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #807: May 01, 2014 12:40:36 pm
      Thanks stuey. Been fighting all my life, wouldn't have it any other way. It's what drives me.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,126 posts | 1277 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #808: May 01, 2014 12:42:34 pm
      Bloody hell, mate, no wonder you've been quiet. Glad you're managing to find a way to get your lad some help at least but you shouldn't have to go through all that. It's the usual story of postcode lottery, some get, some don't. In the meantime, kids suffer.

I'm not too bad thanks, other than the above moan. I could rattle on about several 'problems' but they're nothing like the sh*t you and yours are going through. Let's just say if I was told today that my ex (mother of my kids) had been hit by a bus, my only question would be to check that the kids were alright!

In fact, do any of you own a bus...?!

Hang on in there mate.

As for a bus, i think Mourinho has a couple going spare!
      Firepool
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,274 posts | 224 
      • @Jenns_Design
      Reply #809: Sep 07, 2014 12:17:23 am
      My cousin passed away this past week of lung cancer. She was only 46 years old. RIP Tammy!
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #810: Sep 07, 2014 11:42:28 am
      Sorry to hear that Firepool, my thoughts are with you and your family.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #811: Sep 07, 2014 11:46:15 am
      My cousin passed away this past week of lung cancer. She was only 46 years old. RIP Tammy!

Sorry to hear that Hun.  Thoughts are with you all at this sad time.

RIP Tammy.

YNWA.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #812: Sep 07, 2014 11:49:07 am

Thoughts are with you and yours FP.
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #813: Sep 07, 2014 11:51:06 am

That's so sad :(. RIP.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #814: Sep 07, 2014 12:14:07 pm

Sorry for your loss Firepool.

YNWA
      Firepool
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,274 posts | 224 
      • @Jenns_Design
      Reply #815: Sep 07, 2014 01:41:19 pm
      Thank you gareth, reddebs, roddenberry, lfc_ynwa, and shabs for your well wishes.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #816: Sep 07, 2014 01:56:57 pm
      Sorry to hear that firepool!

YNWA
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,891 posts | 815 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #817: Sep 07, 2014 02:14:27 pm

I am so sorry to hear about your loss, stay strong for you and your family. 

YNWA.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,472 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #818: Sep 09, 2014 02:40:26 am

RIP Tammy.

Sorry to hear this mate.
      Firepool
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,274 posts | 224 
      • @Jenns_Design
      Reply #819: Sep 09, 2014 11:34:41 pm
      Thank you Dadori0us, vsterling and wahs for the well wishes.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #820: Sep 11, 2014 10:43:19 pm
      Very sorry to hear your sad news Firepool  :(
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #821: Sep 11, 2014 10:57:10 pm

Man, I just saw this. That's really sad and my thoughts go out to you and the rest of your family.

Rest easy Tammy.
      Firepool
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,274 posts | 224 
      • @Jenns_Design
      Reply #822: Sep 11, 2014 11:06:06 pm
      Thank you MsG and Scotia for the thoughts.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #823: Dec 19, 2014 07:16:25 pm
      Buried my Step Grandmother Saturday gone & burying my uncle Sunday who at the age if 52 died of natural causes in the back of a ambulance.
      Mad4LFC
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 989 posts | 81 
      Reply #824: Dec 19, 2014 08:04:59 pm
      Seeing that a person was murdered in Liverpool town centre just because he was an off duty cop, will there be riots will there be posts of outrage on social media, will there be threads of disgust and outrage on this site like there have been re criminals who have been killed......

Answer no and by F**k it makes me feel down as it makes me ashamed, every F***ing thing wrong with the world, be ashamed by your silence people and don't do us the disrespect of creating a thread of outrage because you have seen this thread. RIP that man
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #825: Dec 20, 2014 09:33:06 am
      Seeing that a person was murdered in Liverpool town centre just because he was an off duty cop, will there be riots will there be posts of outrage on social media, will there be threads of disgust and outrage on this site like there have been re criminals who have been killed......

Answer no and by F**k it makes me feel down as it makes me ashamed, every F***ing thing wrong with the world, be ashamed by your silence people and don't do us the disrespect of creating a thread of outrage because you have seen this thread. RIP that man

Shouldn't be riots in either case. Shouldn't have occured in the first place. 

"You'll meet good coppers, you'll meet bad coppers, nearly all are arseholes in their own way, it's a job requirement" - As told to me by a copper who played for my old man's sunday league team.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,394 posts | 1448 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #826: Dec 20, 2014 01:31:15 pm
      One of my neighbours just passed away outside my house, I think coming back from Christmas shopping too, absolutely tragic! Especially this time of year, puts things into perspective seeing that... :(
      Mad4LFC
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 989 posts | 81 
      Reply #827: Dec 20, 2014 05:05:56 pm
      Shouldn't be riots in either case. Shouldn't have occured in the first place. 

"You'll meet good coppers, you'll meet bad coppers, nearly all are arseholes in their own way, it's a job requirement" - As told to me by a copper who played for my old man's sunday league team.

Stupid insensitive comments, as told to me people who don't like the police usually have something to hide and are arseholes.

Quick Reply