Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

The 'What Has You Feeling Down?' thread

Read 111293 times
      Paisleydalglish
      Re: The 'What Has You Feeling Down?' thread
      Reply #828: Dec 20, 2014 06:07:09 pm
      Stupid insensitive comments, as told to me people who don't like the police usually have something to hide and are arseholes.

You're in the police right?

To be honest I hadn't heard about it, you could have started a thread if you liked, or put something in the rest in peace thread.

Your reaction is a bit odd really, I get you're obviously hurt and it's close to home, but you would be better just to bring people's attention to it rather than have a go when people aren't aware or have t said anything.. Like anything, get the ball rolling and people will react to your post/thread

Anyway

Rest in peace to the lad who has died.. Thoughts with his family at this difficult time and with Christmas around the corner will only make it more difficult this year and years to come
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #829: Dec 20, 2014 06:26:46 pm
      Stupid insensitive comments, as told to me people who don't like the police usually have something to hide and are arseholes.

You did read what I wrote, didn't you? Failing that, I'll have to assume you just failed to comprehend it.
      Mad4LFC
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 989 posts | 81 
      Reply #830: Dec 20, 2014 07:14:47 pm
      You did read what I wrote, didn't you? Failing that, I'll have to assume you just failed to comprehend it.

Not much to comprehend that you think it's a job requirement to be an arsehole on a comment that a cop has died, like I said disrespectful and sums you up end of conversation for me.
      Mad4LFC
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 989 posts | 81 
      Reply #831: Dec 20, 2014 07:15:55 pm
      You're in the police right?

To be honest I hadn't heard about it, you could have started a thread if you liked, or put something in the rest in peace thread.

Your reaction is a bit odd really, I get you're obviously hurt and it's close to home, but you would be better just to bring people's attention to it rather than have a go when people aren't aware or have t said anything.. Like anything, get the ball rolling and people will react to your post/thread

Anyway

Rest in peace to the lad who has died.. Thoughts with his family at this difficult time and with Christmas around the corner will only make it more difficult this year and years to come

The fact that it needs bringing to attention is the point of my post.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #832: Dec 20, 2014 07:19:28 pm
      The fact that it needs bringing to attention is the point of my post.

How things start on this forum is someone (anyone) brings it to attention.

You can start it if you like
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #833: Dec 20, 2014 07:37:10 pm

Too f**king right. Ghost in the Machine and Synchronicity are two of the best albums I own. Well said that man!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #834: Dec 20, 2014 08:16:39 pm
      Too f**king right. Ghost in the Machine and Synchronicity are two of the best albums I own. Well said that man!

Is right, liked their early stuff but Sting can still knock out a tune.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #835: Dec 20, 2014 08:36:30 pm
      Not much to comprehend that you think it's a job requirement to be an arsehole on a comment that a cop has died, like I said disrespectful and sums you up end of conversation for me.

You've missed the point and if you read the comment properly, you'll know it was a cop who said that, not me. I understood what he meant, clearly you're incapable of that comprehension.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #836: Dec 21, 2014 09:57:31 am
      Seeing that a person was murdered in Liverpool town centre just because he was an off duty cop, will there be riots will there be posts of outrage on social media, will there be threads of disgust and outrage on this site like there have been re criminals who have been killed......

Pull yer neck in lad, show me the outrage in this forum re criminals meeting an untimely end.

Answer no and by F**k it makes me feel down as it makes me ashamed, every F***ing thing wrong with the world, be ashamed by your silence people and don't do us the disrespect of creating a thread of outrage because you have seen this thread. RIP that man

People are ashamed - ashamed at the thought this horrific murder may have been committed by cowards purely because the victim was a police officer.
      We know what we know and nothing by way of a comment on an internet forum makes any profound difference to anything.
      RIP Neil Doyle thoughts are with his family and friends at this most tragic time.

Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #837: Dec 21, 2014 12:03:09 pm
      People are ashamed - ashamed at the thought this horrific murder may have been committed by cowards purely because the victim was a police officer.
      We know what we know and nothing by way of a comment on an internet forum makes any profound difference to anything.
      RIP Neil Doyle thoughts are with his family and friends at this most tragic time.

Bang on Stuey - sincerest condolences to those he's left behind. That is all that really matters.

Incidentally - my brother spent 25 years plus in the police. I know for a fact that he's an a#sehole - but I'm not sure it had anything to do with the job.
      Mad4LFC
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 989 posts | 81 
      Reply #838: Dec 21, 2014 08:58:50 pm
      Pull yer neck in lad, show me the outrage in this forum re criminals meeting an untimely end.

Without trying to drag the thread down as one idiot as already gone on ignore through trying to be clever with sly digs at the ones sworn to protect...but to answer your question Brown was a criminal who had just committed yet another offence....the outrage ( as you ask ) re this death on this forum is very easily read.

The other guy who died due to the take down was also a criminal and was being arrested for yet other offences, again the outrage can be read on this very forum.

Neil Doyle was not a criminal no outrage no thread created, in fact when someone questioned this they get told to wind their neck in ffs can you not see how F***ing wrong this is.

Again a black man assassinates two New York Cops in cold blood, no posts no disgust no riots...but let's wind our necks in.

Tonight another cop killed".........but why bother let's wind our necks in ffs world is fu**ed.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #839: Dec 21, 2014 09:38:56 pm
      Without trying to drag the thread down as one idiot as already gone on ignore through trying to be clever with sly digs at the ones sworn to protect...but to answer your question Brown was a criminal who had just committed yet another offence....the outrage ( as you ask ) re this death on this forum is very easily read.

The other guy who died due to the take down was also a criminal and was being arrested for yet other offences, again the outrage can be read on this very forum.

Neil Doyle was not a criminal no outrage no thread created, in fact when someone questioned this they get told to wind their neck in ffs can you not see how f**king wrong this is.

Again a black man assassinates two New York Cops in cold blood, no posts no disgust no riots...but let's wind our necks in.

Tonight another cop killed".........but why bother let's wind our necks in ffs world is fu**ed.

Start a thread mate, it will get the traction you require.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #840: Dec 22, 2014 01:50:20 pm

Neil Doyle was not a criminal no outrage no thread created, in fact when someone questioned this they get told to wind their neck in ffs can you not see how F***ing wrong this is.

To paraphrase the 'wind/pull your neck in' comment, the word pedantic does come to mind in the context of your attitude.
      While you use a distorted comparison to gain credibility your agenda does come up for scrutiny.

The Brown shooting in the US while being questioned by the usual alternative agenda merchants on this forum was seen as a case of lawful killing by an officer of the law defending himself, the previous of the deceased bears out the proposition.
      That being the case the vast majority did not contribute to any worthwhile discussion on the matter.
      With reference to the tragic death of another officer of the law much nearer to home people's views are much more focussed and repulsed, as stated shame is on our doorstep and with it the good name of our city. There is little reason to highlight the inhuman conduct of some with ritual mention on the internet.   
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #841: Dec 22, 2014 01:59:31 pm
      RIP to another tragic loss of live.
      Terrible time of year for a family to try and deal with the loss.

It's never a good time, but the pain will forever be associated with Christmas.

You could have started up a thread is you like,
      most people do under the circumstances.

It might be closer to you given the circumstances,
      and maybe seeking out compassion would be the better action
      than resorting to outrage.

Anyway RIP Neil Doyle.
      Condolences to his family.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #842: Jan 09, 2015 10:57:08 pm
      The whole Paris situation and impending backlash.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #843: Jan 10, 2015 12:15:40 am
      The whole Paris situation and impending backlash.

Keep away from news about Nigeria whilst the western funded, pretend muslims carry out their false flag operation
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #844: Jan 10, 2015 12:26:46 am
      Keep away from news about Nigeria whilst the western funded, pretend muslims carry out their false flag operation

Hows your Egyptian friend?.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #845: Jan 10, 2015 01:52:13 am

I've not spoken to Hani for a while.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #846: Jan 28, 2015 11:03:25 am
      Well I've reached that time in life where I have to prepare myself for my parents passing. 

Both now in their 80's, Mum with dementia and now not been out of bed since Christmas.  Dad, who has heroically been looking after her for the best part of ten years, has gone down hill rapidly in the last couple of months.  He's showing signs of having enough, has no fight left in him and is shrinking before my eyes.

It's heartbreaking to see them now, as they were such a vibrant pair until a few short years ago  :'(
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #847: Jan 28, 2015 11:47:26 am
      Well I've reached that time in life where I have to prepare myself for my parents passing. 

Both now in their 80's, Mum with dementia and now not been out of bed since Christmas.  Dad, who has heroically been looking after her for the best part of ten years, has gone down hill rapidly in the last couple of months.  He's showing signs of having enough, has no fight left in him and is shrinking before my eyes.

It's heartbreaking to see them now, as they were such a vibrant pair until a few short years ago  :'(

Sorry Debs stay strong
      MsGerrard
      Reply #848: Jan 28, 2015 01:54:47 pm
      Can't be easy that Deb  :( like PD said, stay strong hun xx :hug:
      KateMKD_Red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,183 posts | 526 
      • At the end of the storm, there’s a golden sky.
      Reply #849: Jan 28, 2015 06:07:54 pm

So sorry to hear that Debs, stay strong.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #850: Jan 28, 2015 08:20:12 pm

Thoughts are with you.  Just got back from Essex, my nan is a shadow of what she was and my mum, despite saying she's OK, could barely move herself and struggled up and down stairs to help my nan.  To be honest, I struggle in these sort of situations and found it very hard to be there.

Quick Reply