Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W9 D10 L12

The 'What Has You Feeling Down?' thread

Read 112036 times
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,341 posts | 1620 
      Re: The 'What Has You Feeling Down?' thread
      Reply #874: Mar 01, 2015 08:24:32 pm
      Thanks to you all   gonna be a tough few days  but we will get through it .
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #875: Mar 02, 2015 03:55:32 pm
      Today my mrs lost her second brother  one minute in the pub having lunch the next thing a dreaded phone call  and had to rush home too late as he had already gone  another bad day for us .

So sorry to hear that Andy, our thoughts are with you at this sad time.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #876: Mar 03, 2015 06:52:46 am
      I know the sadness you are going through Andy, in the last month we have lost a Brother in Law and a Daughter in law. It brings life and forums back to reality.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #877: Mar 03, 2015 12:05:41 pm
      Thanks to you all   gonna be a tough few days  but we will get through it .
      You will Andy. They say that "time is a great healer" but what time really does is it gives you the space to cope. Pass on my thoughts to your good lady and tell her to always remember the good. Take care buddy.

I know the sadness you are going through Andy, in the last month we have lost a Brother in Law and a Daughter in law. It brings life and forums back to reality.
      That it does Billy.

Three days before Christmas I hit and killed a bloke in his 60's.

Long story short: he was somewhere he shouldn't have been and there was nothing I could do to stop it happening; I had to watch on, in horror, as the events unfolded. A total accident [death by misadventure] but it didn't stop me or his family having the shittiest of all Christmases and New Years. I'll probably never come to terms with it fully but what it (and things like it) does is put minor skirmishes and major fall-outs, on a forum into perspective.

We aren't to know what's going on, in people's lives, outside of this place (how could we?) but the odd visit to this thread really does serve to remind us of what little importance our opinions are in the scheme of things.  8) 
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,341 posts | 1620 
      Reply #878: Mar 03, 2015 02:55:33 pm
      Perhaps thats the reason for some silly posts on times none of us know the sadness going on in some members lives ,thats perhaps one of the reasons I try to keep out of petty squables on here im pretty sure most of us just want some footy banter and forget about things for a while some people could do well to remember there is a bigger picture going on out there .Thanks for all your kind words .
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #879: Mar 03, 2015 07:26:54 pm
      My daughter in law died last Friday and I received 4 P.Ms containing nothing but vitriolic aspersions from one esteemed poster on this forum the same day. As old as I am if I had come face to face with the lowlife I would not of been responsible for my actions. He knows who he is and 4 of my closest mates on LFCREDS know who he is. As Andy and B.B.B. say some posters jump in and do not know what someone is going through.
      Firepool
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,274 posts | 224 
      • @Jenns_Design
      Reply #880: Mar 04, 2015 12:00:17 am
      My daughter in law died last Friday and I received 4 P.Ms containing nothing but vitriolic aspersions from one esteemed poster on this forum the same day. As old as I am if I had come face to face with the lowlife I would not of been responsible for my actions. He knows who he is and 4 of my closest mates on LFCREDS know who he is. As Andy and B.B.B. say some posters jump in and do not know what someone is going through.

Sorry to hear Billy1. All my thoughts with you and your family.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #881: Mar 04, 2015 06:05:00 am
      Sorry to hear Billy1. All my thoughts with you and your family.

Thank you Firepool, I appreciate your post.
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #882: Mar 04, 2015 01:43:51 pm

So sorry to hear your sad news Billy, my thoughts are with you mate.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #883: Mar 04, 2015 01:52:44 pm

So sorry to hear that Billy, thoughts are with you and the family at this sad time mate.

YNWA

As for the scumbag sending the PM's mate, words fail me  :mad:
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #884: Mar 04, 2015 02:34:30 pm
      Thoughts with you Billy.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #885: Mar 04, 2015 06:32:06 pm
      Thank you gareth, Debs, racer and Shabs for your kind words, they are appreciated.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,999 posts | 3950 
      Reply #886: Mar 04, 2015 07:38:10 pm
      So sorry to hear of your sad loss Billy thoughts and condolences are with you and your family.
      That low life wants sorting out.   
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #887: Mar 04, 2015 07:59:09 pm

So sorry to hear about your sad news Billy mate. My sincerest condolences to you and yours.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,580 posts | 6916 
      Reply #888: Mar 05, 2015 01:47:45 am
      Sorry to hear your tragic news billy. Thoughts with you and the family.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #889: Mar 05, 2015 06:04:47 am
      Thank you to Stuey, Scally and JD, your posts are appreciated.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #890: May 22, 2015 06:47:51 pm
      Been missing for a while on here (not that my contributions matter too much) but got some bad news recently,My mother's just being diagnosed with breast cancer and It's knocked me sideways even though she is a chain smoking 86 yr old!
      They've done a biopsy and are checking what type it is in order to try to combat it with drugs (she's too old to operate on and is all skin and bones as it is) but it's gone unoticed and is pretty wide spread so are not very optimistic of a good outcome.
      Going home to the Uk tomorrow for the school holiday and to give a a great big hug for been a great mum!
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #891: May 22, 2015 07:01:27 pm
      Been missing for a while on here (not that my contributions matter too much) but got some bad news recently,My mother's just being diagnosed with breast cancer and It's knocked me sideways even though she is a chain smoking 86 yr old!
      They've done a biopsy and are checking what type it is in order to try to combat it with drugs (she's too old to operate on and is all skin and bones as it is) but it's gone unoticed and is pretty wide spread so are not very optimistic of a good outcome.
      Going home to the Uk tomorrow for the school holiday and to give a a great big hug for been a great mum!

Very sorry to hear about that mate. Wishing all the best to your family in that difficult time.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #892: May 22, 2015 07:15:10 pm
      Very sorry to hear about that mate. Wishing all the best to your family in that difficult time.

Thanks Diego mate, will pass on your regards.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #893: May 23, 2015 04:36:05 am
      Thoughts are with you Steve in difficult and sad times for you and your family, stay strong mate and look after your Mother as best you can.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #894: May 23, 2015 10:20:40 am
      Thanks Billy lad.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #895: May 23, 2015 10:31:26 am

So sorry to hear this Steve, hope you get better news than you're expecting.  Much love to you all, especially Lucy  :hug:

If you need anything mate, you know where I am.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #896: May 23, 2015 11:15:30 am
      Thanks Debs love, just signing out on here and heading home to the UK to see her in the next hour !

Quick Reply