Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Jordan Henderson (Liverpool -> Al-Ettifaq (5 months) -> Ajax)

Read 730151 times
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6720 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: Jordan Henderson Player Thread
      Reply #2783: Sep 22, 2014 08:43:14 am
      Henderson is the slowest thinking and least attack minded box to box midfielder I've seen in a long time this season.

Don't have time for romance with Gerrard after he is a huge factor in our defence getting ripped apart. I agree they don't help themselves but it's hard with a slow tugboat of a man plodding around in front of you.

I don't mind what you think about Stevie but calling one of our Greatest ever servants to this Club a geriatric is not called for.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #2784: Sep 22, 2014 08:48:40 am
      I don't mind what you think about Stevie but calling one of our Greatest ever servants to this Club a geriatric is not called for.

Might be harsh but figuratively its just a description and too be fair Gerrard has been less than mobile.

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6720 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #2785: Sep 22, 2014 08:56:41 am
      Might be harsh but figuratively its just a description and too be fair Gerrard has been less than mobile.

We all know the problems Stevie had had this season so far, I expect him to get better as the season progresses, I'm hoping anyways but I just find it offensive The Captain should be called names.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #2786: Sep 22, 2014 11:42:47 am
      How can I put this.. Henderson is caught in a weird situation, he has to do work on Gerrard's behalf and his game is usually to make sure Gerrad gets room to ping the balls around or to cover his lack of pace when players come at us.
      Now, erm is that a good plan? He can't play for the whole team only to protect another player because that player can't do the work himself.
      Solution
      Get someone to play in Gerrard's role who can do the work that's required.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #2787: Sep 22, 2014 11:48:52 am
      How can I put this.. Henderson is caught in a weird situation, he has to do work on Gerrard's behalf and his game is usually to make sure Gerrad gets room to ping the balls around or to cover his lack of pace when players come at us.
      Now, erm is that a good plan? He can't play for the whole team only to protect another player because that player can't do the work himself.
      Solution
      Get someone to play in Gerrard's role who can do the work that's required.

We have him but he's injured - Can. Although it could be argued that Can is more of a box to box midfielder.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,808 posts | 2449 
      Reply #2788: Sep 22, 2014 01:30:19 pm
      Henderson is the slowest thinking and least attack minded box to box midfielder I've seen in a long time this season.

This long 5 league game old season? Get a F***ing grip mate and come back in January when enough games are played to make an educated analysis of Jordan's performance so far this season.
      Munch101
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 496 posts | 80 
      Reply #2789: Sep 22, 2014 03:33:03 pm
      This long 5 league game old season? Get a f**king grip mate and come back in January when enough games are played to make an educated analysis of Jordan's performance so far this season.
      Just because he worked hard and pressed well doesn't mean he was amazing last season. He has been a solid 4/10 every game this year. But as I said originally this may be because Gerrard is letting him down and making it hard for Jordan.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #2790: Sep 22, 2014 07:34:17 pm
      People do realize that Henderson had to pretty much do the running of three midfielders by himself, right?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,238 posts | 4924 
      Reply #2791: Sep 22, 2014 07:35:52 pm
      People do realize that Henderson had to pretty much do the running of three midfielders by himself, right?

I'd guess not TRM.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #2792: Sep 22, 2014 07:51:44 pm

And now he's injured!!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,238 posts | 4924 
      Reply #2793: Sep 22, 2014 10:36:08 pm

We're really fu**ed now.

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #2794: Sep 22, 2014 10:40:22 pm

Aye and the "we need to talk about Gerrard" thread will be sh*t hot as he's our only recognised first team starting midfielder we have now.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #2795: Sep 23, 2014 12:27:03 am
      I have a suspicion he never recovered properly from the injury he sustained on England duty and that has hampered him.
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #2796: Sep 23, 2014 07:53:19 am
      Just because he worked hard and pressed well doesn't mean he was amazing last season. He has been a solid 4/10 every game this year.

It kinda does. Probably our most influential MF last season. One of the 1st names on the teamsheet and the person who does all the dogs work that CLEARLY doesnt get the credit for. Take him out of the team and you come 2nd as opposed to first last season. Thats how big a player he is. Oh and 4/10? The team has averaged around that for me so far so Hendo is no better or worse than a squad that is underachieving thus far.
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #2797: Sep 23, 2014 07:55:17 am
      Anyone know how big an injury? Feck the cup, we need him badly in the Derby - if not him Allen (who is also injured), or Can (oh ye he is also injured).

Fate is conspiring against us.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #2798: Sep 23, 2014 08:07:50 am

Why do we need a player badly who has been poor pretty much the whole season thus far?

LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #2799: Sep 23, 2014 08:11:33 am
      Why do we need a player badly who has been poor pretty much the whole season thus far?

Hes the engine room, more so without Can and Allen. We will be murdered in the middle of the park. You need someone to break up the play, do all the pressing and run their legs off. Gerrard and Lucas cant do it and hopefully wont ever start again together. So who do you start instead of Henderson?
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #2800: Sep 23, 2014 08:17:50 am

He hasn't really been poor for the whole season though Fed, he's been playing with a knock since the international break, before that he had started the season fairly well with his usual energy and at least two assists for Raheem's goals I can think of
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #2801: Sep 23, 2014 08:17:55 am
      Hes the engine room, more so without Can and Allen. We will be murdered in the middle of the park. You need someone to break up the play, do all the pressing and run their legs off. Gerrard and Lucas cant do it and hopefully wont ever start again together. So who do you start instead of Henderson?

I'm not saying Henderson should be dropped, I just find it odd that you phrase it as "needing him badly," when he's really been quite poor thus far this season.  "We have no other choice" would probably be a better statement.

On a bigger picture scale, has it hit anyone yet that we don't have one single world-class CM in his prime right now at the club?  Gerrard, Henderson, Allen, Can, Lucas.  That's pretty much it.  I mean even when they're fit, there isn't one of them that is top, top class and in his prime, right now.

That's a huge issue IMO. 
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,238 posts | 4924 
      Reply #2802: Sep 23, 2014 08:18:44 am

You might find out come the weekend.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #2803: Sep 23, 2014 03:35:34 pm
      Anyone know how long he's out for or how serious the injury is ?

YNWA
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #2804: Sep 23, 2014 03:47:02 pm
      Anyone know how long he's out for or how serious the injury is ?

YNWA

Still being assessed Billy, hopefully it's just a knock and he'll be fine for the Derby.  It's a hip injury which can be either nothing or long term.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #2805: Sep 23, 2014 04:50:17 pm

He hasn't really been poor for the whole season though Fed, he's been playing with a knock since the international break, before that he had started the season fairly well with his usual energy and at least two assists for Raheem's goals I can think of

All of this. And as PD, points out, Henderson has two (very good!) assists this season. Sterling is the only other player with an assist in the league.

Quick Reply