Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

Jordan Henderson (Liverpool -> Al-Ettifaq (5 months) -> Ajax)

Read 729359 times
      MsGerrard
      Re: Jordan Henderson Player Thread
      Reply #3473: Apr 24, 2015 12:56:06 am
      Absolutely made up to see Jordan sign a new contract and to be honest I think the best is still yet to come....he will blossom into a tremendous midfielder and more so when he's not playing in Gerrard's shadow.....now you all know that I love our Stevie but Jordan  and a lot of others are in awe of him, hence the reason why we'll start to see Hendo really come into his own next season, looking forward to it muchly  ;D
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,720 posts | 6707 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #3474: Apr 24, 2015 01:25:09 am
      Absolutely made up to see Jordan sign a new contract and to be honest I think the best is still yet to come....he will blossom into a tremendous midfielder and more so when he's not playing in Gerrard's shadow.....now you all know that I love our Stevie but Jordan  and a lot of others are in awe of him, hence the reason why we'll start to see Hendo really come into his own next season, looking forward to it muchly  ;D

Nice one Cas.

Could we see MsHendo on the back of your top next season?  ;)
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #3475: Apr 24, 2015 07:17:40 am
      Nice one Cas.

Nah, she'll just add an I to the front of her current name, ;)
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #3476: Apr 24, 2015 07:22:20 am
      Jordan has urged Raheem Sterling to follow his lead and put pen to paper on a new contract.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/henderson-urges-sterling-sign-new-9105182
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #3477: Apr 24, 2015 11:19:38 am
      Jordan has urged Raheem Sterling to follow his lead and put pen to paper on a new contract.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/henderson-urges-sterling-sign-new-9105182
      Yes he should well said Hendo lad
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #3478: Apr 24, 2015 10:25:53 pm
      Just a quick reminder that even though we've struggled for goals this season, only 3 other players in the league have more assists. He's got an 82% passing accuracy for the entire season which beats Di Maria and Sanchez easily. One in every ten of those passes is a long ball too. And before someone says 'he doesn't play killer balls'... He's got 8 assists like I said earlier, you don't do that without playing killer balls. Also statistically he makes more key passes per game than Coutinho and has miscontrolled the ball 0.8 times per game compared to Sanchez, Costa, Sterling and many more who average over 2 mis controlling touches per game.

If you don't rate him. You're wrong.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #3479: Apr 25, 2015 11:36:25 pm
      Nice one Cas.

Will still be Ms Gerrard Aussie  ;D

Just a quick reminder that even though we've struggled for goals this season, only 3 other players in the league have more assists. He's got an 82% passing accuracy for the entire season which beats Di Maria and Sanchez easily. One in every ten of those passes is a long ball too. And before someone says 'he doesn't play killer balls'... He's got 8 assists like I said earlier, you don't do that without playing killer balls. Also statistically he makes more key passes per game than Coutinho and has miscontrolled the ball 0.8 times per game compared to Sanchez, Costa, Sterling and many more who average over 2 mis controlling touches per game.

If you don't rate him. You're wrong.

Top stats Mags.... people who slate him should take note of these stats.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #3480: Apr 25, 2015 11:48:46 pm
      yea another brilliant game from our Jordan today....
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #3481: Apr 26, 2015 12:38:17 am
      yea another brilliant game from our Jordan today....

It wasn't good, but I really don't understand why Rodgers pushed him so far up for the majority of the match. He's better off attacking from deep and making those diagonal passes into the box, but instead, we had Coutinho more or less in that midfield role (but on the left) and basically playing Henderson's role.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,720 posts | 6707 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #3482: Apr 26, 2015 01:12:02 am
      It wasn't good, but I really don't understand why Rodgers pushed him so far up for the majority of the match. He's better off attacking from deep and making those diagonal passes into the box, but instead, we had Coutinho more or less in that midfield role (but on the left) and basically playing Henderson's role.

I actually thought we looked a lot more threatening when Jordan got further up the pitch and was hanging around Mario and the Box more often.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #3483: Apr 26, 2015 01:31:21 am
      I actually thought we looked a lot more threatening when Jordan got further up the pitch and was hanging around Mario and the Box more often.

I didn't sorry :( With Coutinho as a #10 and Henderson #8, I'm sure we would've been even more threatening with them playing more naturally in their positions.
      Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Reply #3484: Apr 26, 2015 04:01:20 am
      For some reason, Jordan doesnt look ok when partnered to Gerrard. Mental barier I think. We will find out next season. Great player Henderson is, no matter how much sh*te Federer is going to spout about him. Jordan will silence pricks with his next assist/goal Im pretty sure of that.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #3485: Apr 26, 2015 05:49:16 am
      For some reason, Jordan doesnt look ok when partnered to Gerrard.

he was invisible in the two biggest games of our season, first against Arsenal, then against the Mancs.  Two games in which Stevie didn't play (except for 45 seconds). 

what was his excuse in those games?
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,312 posts | 2810 
      Reply #3486: Apr 26, 2015 10:03:46 am
      I think there's absolutely no doubt Jordan has to be better in big games, don't think even his biggest fan could deny that.

I have faith he'll find a new level of performance in general when Gerrard moves on.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #3487: Apr 26, 2015 03:38:11 pm
      he was invisible in the two biggest games of our season, first against Arsenal, then against the Mancs.  Two games in which Stevie didn't play (except for 45 seconds). 

He also captained us and scored a superb goal in our other biggest game of the season against City.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,393 posts | 3397 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #3488: Apr 26, 2015 04:32:25 pm

to be fair he was rwb v Arsenal
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #3489: Apr 26, 2015 08:50:51 pm
      Got to feel slightly sorry for Jordan with Rodgers man crush for Gerrard means he gets shunted all over the place to accommodate the player who is probably detrimental to the team now.

It's not easy saying that about a Legend but frankly Gerrard and his mate Johnson have no place in the team.

Guess which two players will be the first ones on the list for the midweek game  :mad: 
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,246 posts | 6364 
      Reply #3490: Apr 26, 2015 09:07:27 pm
      Got to feel slightly sorry for Jordan with Rodgers man crush for Gerrard means he gets shunted all over the place to accommodate the player who is probably detrimental to the team now.

It's not easy saying that about a Legend but frankly Gerrard and his mate Johnson have no place in the team.

Guess which two players will be the first ones on the list for the midweek game  :mad: 

Feel sorry for Jordan why? Has he ever not started a game he was fit for, regardless of whether he's earned a spot with his current form? If you want to see someone who is coaches pet it's Hendo.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,161 posts | 4902 
      Reply #3491: Apr 26, 2015 09:23:11 pm
      Feel sorry for Jordan why? Has he ever not started a game he was fit for, regardless of whether he's earned a spot with his current form? If you want to see someone who is coaches pet it's Hendo.

The coaches pet who he almost let go to Fulham for about £5M?
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #3492: May 10, 2015 11:47:30 pm
      Bit disappointed. If Gerrard had been the one putting in that cross for the goal, or indeed some of the fine passes Jordan did today, his attempts at piercing Chelsea's back line and some really good runs from deep, we'd have seen at least a 2-3 page increase. Nowt for Henderson today, despite some very good work.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,161 posts | 4902 
      Reply #3493: May 10, 2015 11:51:52 pm
      Bit disappointed. If Gerrard had been the one putting in that cross for the goal, or indeed some of the fine passes Jordan did today, his attempts at piercing Chelsea's back line and some really good runs from deep, we'd have seen at least a 2-3 page increase. Nowt for Henderson today, despite some very good work.

Not the done thing to criticise Gerrard.

Not the done thing to praise Hendo.
      wellbuilt
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,154 posts | 138 
      Reply #3494: May 11, 2015 08:57:12 pm
      Jordan works hard and runs all day, he isn't the most gifted technically, but is well deserving of his status at the club.

TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #3495: May 24, 2015 11:36:43 pm
      Henderson thinks he can take set pieces. I doubt he can even take a sh*t. Please keep him away from all corners.

Quick Reply