Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Jordan Henderson (Liverpool -> Al-Ettifaq (5 months) -> Ajax)

Read 730800 times
      Emlyn Hughes
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,636 posts | 130 
      Re: Jordan Henderson Player Thread
      Reply #3588: Jul 16, 2015 07:43:49 am
      Wow who would have thought that Jordan Henderson is gonna be the LFC captain one day a few years back! He was almost out the door! He wanted to stay and fight and now he got his reward!

I personally think he'll be a good captain for us! With years to come he'll grow into it! Just like Steven did!

He has all the abilities to lead by example and I think he'll be a similiar captain like Steven.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,500 posts | 1491 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Barnes10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,631 posts | 88 
      Reply #3590: Jul 24, 2015 10:28:07 pm
      Henderson is a good character and a decent lad by all accounts. He can be very effective  on his day.

However he also has long periods in seasons where he's either poor or invisible. If Milner, Can, Lucas deserve to start ahead of him based on form, I hope Rodgers doesn't hesitate to drop him just because he's captain.

shawspeed
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 566 posts | 128 
      Reply #3591: Jul 25, 2015 06:53:05 pm
      Always thought that he shrunk under the shadow of Stevie G. When Stevie wasn't playing he seemed to come out of his shell. Will be interesting to see if this stands up this season now that he is the main man. As for Brendan dropping him, history would show that he doesn't appear to pick players on form alone. The inclusion of Joe Allen on many team sheets would appear to confirm this.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #3592: Jul 25, 2015 07:04:35 pm
      I just don't see it happening.

When was the last time at any top club, let alone at ours, that a captain was dropped based on form?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #3593: Jul 25, 2015 07:12:13 pm
      I just don't see it happening.

When was the last time at any top club, let alone at ours, that a captain was dropped based on form?

Vermaelen at Arsenal was named captain but hardly got a game.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #3594: Jul 25, 2015 08:40:54 pm
      Vermaelen at Arsenal was named captain but hardly got a game.

I said due to loss of form.

Vermaelen was mostly dropped because he wasn't fit.

Did Kompany not get dropped last season at some point?
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #3595: Jul 28, 2015 03:46:13 pm
      him and jimmy will be a great partnership, the problem is fitting Can, firmino and coutino into the team also as i think hendo and milner will start most if not all of our prem games so Can might not start week in week out which would be a real problem.
      lallana unfortunatly will be a super sub i think as thats the only option i can see to fit them all in, hendo wont get dropped ever! and milner is there to lead
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #3596: Aug 17, 2015 11:29:07 pm
      Boss offers update on Henderson fitness

Brendan Rodgers revealed that Jordan Henderson was withdrawn during Liverpool's 1-0 victory over Bournemouth at Anfield on Monday evening due to a foot problem.

The captain was replaced by fellow midfielder Emre Can in the 52nd minute of the Reds' win against Eddie Howe's side, but did not appear to be in discomfort as he left the field.

However, Rodgers explained after the game that his skipper had done well even to make it into the starting line-up against the Cherries, having struggled with a foot issue during the build-up to the fixture.

"He's had a problem with the bottom of his foot," the manager told reporters in his post-match press conference.

"He hadn't trained for part of the week, he was taking some painkillers with it. He did ever so well to even be out on the field.

"He wanted to try it, he wanted to give it a go, but you could see he was limited in his running.

"He did great for us in the period of time that he was on but it's important that we get victories and it's important that we have fit players on the field and unfortunately for him he was just in too much pain.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/192090-boss-offers-update-on-henderson-fitness

Explains why he was not in the training pics this week.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #3597: Aug 17, 2015 11:34:37 pm
      Wonder if it's plantar fasciitis? If so he will likely struggle with it all season.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #3598: Aug 17, 2015 11:41:25 pm
      Wonder if it's plantar fasciitis? If so he will likely struggle with it all season.

Had it before and it is a killer.  Lasted for a year in one foot. 
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #3599: Aug 17, 2015 11:47:27 pm
      Had it before and it is a killer.  Lasted for a year in one foot. 

Anything underlying that promotes getting this and don't say the bloody pavement. I'm getting at is it related to running style in terms of posture / the way the foot strikes the ground or is it something that affects anybody?

Just with Hendo he does have that really straight backed way of running and if it is linked at all.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #3600: Aug 18, 2015 12:36:06 am
      Anything underlying that promotes getting this and don't say the bloody pavement. I'm getting at is it related to running style in terms of posture / the way the foot strikes the ground or is it something that affects anybody?

Just with Hendo he does have that really straight backed way of running and if it is linked at all.

It's not necessarily linked to anything from what I was told. I had it for awhile and then it just went away, I didn't stop what I was doing (I am a runner and kept running) but in the mornings it took me twice as long to stand up out of bed and walk across the floor to the bathroom. The pain can be very debilitating. It can come and go and supposedly there are stretches you can do or certain types of braces you can wear, but none of them helped me...it just went away on its own.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #3601: Aug 18, 2015 12:47:04 am
      It's not necessarily linked to anything from what I was told. I had it for awhile and then it just went away, I didn't stop what I was doing (I am a runner and kept running) but in the mornings it took me twice as long to stand up out of bed and walk across the floor to the bathroom. The pain can be very debilitating. It can come and go and supposedly there are stretches you can do or certain types of braces you can wear, but none of them helped me...it just went away on its own.

Fair enough FL, cheers.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #3602: Aug 18, 2015 01:29:56 am

Same with me.  I just woke up one morning and noticed it.  Doctor gave me all these exercises to do in the morning before I got out of bed, nothing really helped.  In fact the only thing that gave me relief was rolling a cricket ball under my foot, back and forth, back and forth.  That would keep me pain free for about an hour.  I would take that damn cricket ball with me everywhere!

Mine didn't go away on its own.  I did everything the doctor said for about six months then it still wouldn't go away.  The next option was shots.  Final option was surgery.  Luckily mine went away after the shots; it's basically a mixture of steroids and medicine that fixes the tension and the agitation in the muscle.  I literally walked out of the doctor's office pain free.  A series of two more shots after that and I never had the pain again.  That's the annoying thing though.  With plantar fasciitis you can't just get rid of it with rest.  If you break your arm you can put it in a cast and not use it until it heals.  But with a foot problem you would have to leave your foot up in the air a month straight, and never go anywhere.  Which is next to impossible.

Oh. Forgot to mention.  The shots hurt like *!#$%. 

but it was worth it. 

Hope you get rid of yours soon. 
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #3603: Aug 18, 2015 02:22:09 pm
      It was a pretty noticeable difference once Henderson went off injured yesterday. Some of you might hate him or whatever, but there's a negative effect when he's not on the pitch.

Also, great assist! That was a perfect ball into the back post.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #3604: Aug 18, 2015 05:58:22 pm
      It was a pretty noticeable difference once Henderson went off injured yesterday. Some of you might hate him or whatever, but there's a negative effect when he's not on the pitch.

Also, great assist! That was a perfect ball into the back post.

I like Hendo and was gutted he went off injured :( I actually think it's a negative effect wasting him in that DM role. I might get some stick for this, but I think Hendo is one of the worlds best when hes playing as a box-box player and is playing the support and pressing role.
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,047 posts | 339 
      Reply #3605: Aug 18, 2015 07:38:15 pm
      Yes, and I think we'll miss him hugely if he's out for a stretch.  I agree that he's at his best going forward, but I've been pleased with how he and Milner have taken charge of the DM situation, where we struggled last season.  Unfortunately we seem to have lost a bit of balance between attack and defensive organisation, which may or may not be resolved by adding Can to DM and playing Milner and Hendo further up.  I don't see Can as having that nous/discipline, myself.  YNWA.
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,191 posts | 1274 
      Reply #3606: Aug 18, 2015 08:02:32 pm
      Yes, he's an absolute engine in midfield, and if we miss him, then I think our defensive frailties may be shown up again.

Can has the potential, but does he have the attitude? Sluggish, slow - his fitness levels at the moment are not up to the ridiculous standards of Hendo. Does he have the attitude to get it there?

Every single player in this side must look up to Hendo as the epitome of hard work and peak fitness - if they don't, they should all be severely punished. Thankfully, Rodgers does emphasise this for all players.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #3607: Aug 18, 2015 09:01:51 pm
      Hendo is our best central midfielder.

And he's getting better.

Hope he's fit for Monday night we need him.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #3608: Aug 19, 2015 10:26:43 am
      Been for a scan and may not be fit for Monday.  With Can not being up to match fitness yet and the injury to Allen will we start with Lucas and flip the triangle or drop Lallana in like the Bournemouth game and stick with a 2?
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,047 posts | 339 
      Reply #3609: Aug 19, 2015 02:39:38 pm
      I just want us to put 2 up front on Monday in a fast-breaking 4-4-2 and go and scare the sh*te out of them from the off!  Get em on the back foot like West Ham did.  Would probably even go for 3 at the back with Moreno and Clyne as wing backs.  Yeah, we'll miss Hendo if he's out but I thing if that's the case the boss needs to be adventurous - have a punt and if we don't score have a rethink and tighten it.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #3610: Aug 19, 2015 02:44:51 pm
      I just want us to put 2 up front on Monday in a fast-breaking 4-4-2 and go and scare the sh*te out of them from the off!  Get em on the back foot like West Ham did.  Would probably even go for 3 at the back with Moreno and Clyne as wing backs.  Yeah, we'll miss Hendo if he's out but I thing if that's the case the boss needs to be adventurous - have a punt and if we don't score have a rethink and tighten it.

Do you watch how Arsenal play? They will murder of us if we play 4-4-2

Also how will 3 at the back make us more adventurous? We are struggling to get enough ball through to Benteke as it is. It might make us more solid but certainly not more adventurous.

Quick Reply