Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Jordan Henderson (Liverpool -> Al-Ettifaq (5 months) -> Ajax)

Read 720763 times
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Re: Jordan Henderson Player Thread
      Reply #3611: Aug 19, 2015 03:08:04 pm
      Why was Jordon even playing against Bournemouth not even full fit
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #3612: Aug 19, 2015 03:15:36 pm
      Do you watch how Arsenal play? They will murder of us if we play 4-4-2

Also how will 3 at the back make us more adventurous? We are struggling to get enough ball through to Benteke as it is. It might make us more solid but certainly not more adventurous.

Why would Arsenal murder us if we play 442? Arsenal just need to be bullied and not think they have free roam of the pitch. They have a few talented individuals but come on they are all about counter attack.
      Not even worried about this game, if we lose then so be it but one thing I'll refuse to be is in awe of that band of ponces.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #3613: Aug 19, 2015 03:16:24 pm

Don't know, it was news to me when I heard that.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #3614: Aug 19, 2015 03:17:54 pm

Yeah, I find it baffling to risk him when we have a strong squad of players to come in.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #3615: Aug 19, 2015 03:28:57 pm
      Yeah, I find it baffling to risk him when we have a strong squad of players to come in.

If people bothered to read or listen to the post match interview it was stated that Jordan had asked to play through it with the understanding that if it was affecting him he would come off. Jordan is a tough guy and the manager supported his captains decision, he played well but decided to take himself off.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #3616: Aug 19, 2015 03:31:51 pm
      Why would Arsenal murder us if we play 442? Arsenal just need to be bullied and not think they have free roam of the pitch. They have a few talented individuals but come on they are all about counter attack.
      Not even worried about this game, if we lose then so be it but one thing I'll refuse to be is in awe of that band of ponces.

If he means a midfield diamond with Can, Hendo/Lallana, Milner and Cou this could work but we will have zero width.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #3617: Aug 19, 2015 03:41:20 pm
      If people bothered to read or listen to the post match interview it was stated that Jordan had asked to play through it with the understanding that if it was affecting him he would come off. Jordan is a tough guy and the manager supported his captains decision, he played well but decided to take himself off.

Yes, I know Hendo asked to play, regardless of this, it's still baffling. He wasn't 100% fit, so why risk it? Sometimes, the manager needs to step in and control the situation. There's always a risk to further the injury(which has happened), but most worrying, weaken our starting 11.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #3618: Aug 19, 2015 03:43:01 pm
      If he means a midfield diamond with Can, Hendo/Lallana, Milner and Cou this could work but we will have zero width.

I don't think it's as bad as you make it out to be. The box-box players can provide width, the #10 or forwards too.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #3619: Aug 19, 2015 03:48:04 pm
      I don't think it's as bad as you make it out to be. The box-box players can provide width, the #10 or forwards too.

Box-to-Box players do not provide any width they cover the ground in the middle from one box to the other.
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #3620: Aug 19, 2015 03:50:09 pm
      Lt up manger to say no Jordon you not fit to play l blame Brendan who lucky to be still our manger
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #3621: Aug 19, 2015 04:02:36 pm
      Box-to-Box players do not provide any width they cover the ground in the middle from one box to the other.

Our box-box will provide by support when defending or attacking, and our forwards will provide by moving into channels. We will not have zero width.  Only difference is, when defending, our team will be shifting more towards the busy side which would leave the other exposed.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #3622: Aug 19, 2015 04:11:33 pm
      Lt up manger to say no Jordon you not fit to play l blame Brendan who lucky to be still our manger

F**k are you taking about? The player said he was ok to play with a pain killer so manager took a chance based on this information. This happens in football all the time.

Pathetic attempt to have a dig at the manager.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #3623: Aug 19, 2015 04:13:09 pm
      F**k are you taking about? The player said he was ok to play with a pain killer so manager took a chance based on this information. This happens in football all the time.

Did anyone have a go at the manager when Gerrard used to play with injections prior the games? Also i am sure Suarez had a couple too, i think not.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #3624: Aug 19, 2015 04:18:24 pm

Risk to reward though, we won so that is the reward, was it worth the risk?

Would we have drawn or lost with Can starting?

I know it's basically the job of the manager to balance this and he's clearly asked Jordan for his opinion on it so it was clearly nagging him enough to go that far. I believe Jordan would try and play with 2 broken legs, he's that type though and perhaps on this occasion it would have better to not even ask him, however hindsight is 20-20 on these decisions so it really just goes down as a misjudgement but one that would be very harsh to be too critical of.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #3625: Aug 19, 2015 04:21:04 pm
      Did anyone have a go at the manager when Gerrard used to play with injections prior the games? Also i am sure Suarez had a couple too, i think not.

I wouldn't be too happy if we risked the likes of Suarez or Gerrard vs the likes of, Norwich or Boro. Vs a bigger team, sure, but smaller team? nah, especially when we have a strong squad and cover.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #3626: Aug 19, 2015 04:24:54 pm
      I wouldn't be too happy if we risked the likes of Suarez or Gerrard vs the likes of, Norwich or Boro. Vs a bigger team, sure, but smaller team? nah, especially when we have a strong squad and cover.

Yea because we never drop points against the smaller teams.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #3627: Aug 19, 2015 04:35:50 pm
      Yea because we never drop points against the smaller teams.

So you are ok with us playing our key player that's not fully fit vs a smaller team and risk losing him vs a top 4 team the week after? I rather not, especially when we had a decent replacement in Can. Just not my cup of tea, sorry.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #3628: Aug 19, 2015 04:42:15 pm
      So you are ok with us playing our key player that's not fully fit vs a smaller team and risk losing him vs a top 4 team the week after? I rather not, especially when we had a decent replacement in Can. Just not my cup of tea, sorry.

You are being too short sighted here. Hendo's foot injury was minor he thought he could play on a painkiller but the pain was too inhibiting.

However he provided a crucial assist for the goal that won us the game. This is the exact kind of fixture we would have dropped points in the past few seasons. Teams that finish in the top 4 do not get there by beating the top 3 teams during the season they get there by beating all the other so called smaller teams.

On this basis playing Hendo was absolutely a risk worth taking.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #3629: Aug 19, 2015 05:00:35 pm

I'm not confident enough with our team to win any game without a full strength team at the moment. Plus maybe too early for Milner to be leading a side out?
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #3630: Aug 19, 2015 05:13:45 pm
      You are being too short sighted here. Hendo's foot injury was minor he thought he could play on a painkiller but the pain was too inhibiting.

However he provided a crucial assist for the goal that won us the game. This is the exact kind of fixture we would have dropped points in the past few seasons. Teams that finish in the top 4 do not get there by beating the top 3 teams during the season they get there by beating all the other so called smaller teams.

On this basis playing Hendo was absolutely a risk worth taking.

I'd rather we have taken a chance with Can whilst wrapping Hendo in cotton wool and save him vs Arsenal. Maybe we would have won 10-0 or maybe a Bournemouth win, who knows? All I know is, I felt confident of going into Monday's game with a win, regardless of no Hendo or Hendo, so with that being, I found it baffling to risk Hendo.
      Now that we have lost him, my confidence of going to the Emirates to nick a point or perhaps even a win has dropped :(

I'm not confident enough with our team to win any game without a full strength team at the moment. Plus maybe too early for Milner to be leading a side out?

I feel the opposite. I believe our team, whether it's Can or Hendo in the team is strong enough to cope vs weaker teams, especially at home.

As for Milner not being ready to lead us out, perhaps you are right, perhaps wrong, who knows unless it's tried out I guess, but there's a reason why he was given vice captain, so I like to think he would have been ready.

Anyway, whilst I disagree with risking Hendo, we did win, but at the expense of our captain, just hope he isn't injured for too long as we have a difficult run of games :(

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #3631: Aug 19, 2015 05:41:05 pm
      Have they announced he's definitely out for next Monday then or is it still speculation?
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #3632: Aug 19, 2015 06:15:02 pm
      Have they announced he's definitely out for next Monday then or is it still speculation?

All is quiet Deb...suspect they will leave it that way and not tip off the arse
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #3633: Aug 19, 2015 06:21:21 pm
      All is quiet Deb...suspect they will leave it that way and not tip off the arse

I assumed it had been confirmed with so many losing their sh*t over him missing the game due to being played, whilst injured, against Bournemouth. 

Quick Reply