Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Jordan Henderson (Liverpool -> Al-Ettifaq (5 months) -> Ajax)

Read 719985 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Re: Jordan Henderson Player Thread
      Reply #4370: May 19, 2016 04:29:09 pm
      Of course the eyes lie... If he's saying that he didn't think he passed the ball forwards, yet the stats show that he was passing the ball forwards with regularity, then the stats quite clearly aren't being misleading. They're stating the facts.

Quite right here I imagine the stats for Henderson playing the ball forward would be quite high.

It's the F***ing percentage of balls finding a red shirt I'd be more arsed with, most usually end up giving possession away to the opposition.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #4371: May 19, 2016 04:31:08 pm
      You do realize that the whole " MONEYBALL " Theory is entirely based on stats don't you? Hows that working out so far?

Actually it's not entirely based on stats. It's based on stats and scouting, because neither one alone gives you the whole picture.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #4372: May 19, 2016 04:33:27 pm
      Actually it's not entirely based on stats. It's based on stats and scouting, because neither one alone gives you the whole picture.

And yet we built absolutely great teams solely through scouting!!
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #4373: May 19, 2016 04:47:07 pm

Actually they used stats as well, they just weren't called stats. But hey, things progress and I can't understand why people are so against using every tool available.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #4374: May 19, 2016 07:01:40 pm

Football has changed and times have moved on. As Roddenberry said, I'm not sure why you'd be against using every possible tool available to ensure you make good signings.

Anyway, it'll be interesting to see how last night's loss gets pinned on Henderson.
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #4375: May 19, 2016 07:10:48 pm
      No , it was based on doing away with scouting and just going on the players stats.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #4376: May 19, 2016 07:13:38 pm
      No , it was based on doing away with scouting and just going on the players stats.

Erm, no it's not. And Liverpool have never only used a stats-based system anyway.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #4377: May 19, 2016 07:32:12 pm
      Anyway, it'll be interesting to see how last night's loss gets pinned on Henderson.

Spilt his hair gel in the dressing room at half time, Milner & Can stepped in it and spent the next 45 looking like they were running through mud.
      biki
      • Never negative about anything. Apart from LFC, Klopp, etc etc.
      • Forum John Barnes

• 419 posts | 47 
      Reply #4378: May 23, 2016 12:14:02 pm
      With all the transfer talk surround midfielders at the moment and Can looking like the preferable choice already on the books, what does this mean for Henderson as captain and as a first teamer? There is no doubt his injuries are affecting his play in the last few months
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #4379: May 24, 2016 04:53:49 am
      it means nothing. henderson will be our player and our captain next season.
      biki
      • Forum John Barnes

• 419 posts | 47 
      Reply #4380: May 24, 2016 10:38:09 am
      it means nothing. henderson will be our player and our captain next season.

I don't doubt he will be a LFC player next season, but will he start?

Based on his form last season that's a no for me. I would hope that whoever comes in this season would have more quality
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #4381: May 24, 2016 10:52:00 am
      I don't doubt he will be a LFC player next season, but will he start?

Based on his form last season that's a no for me. I would hope that whoever comes in this season would have more quality

You do know he's been injured most of the season and when he's been fit enough to play he's had a problem with his heel that has handicapped his usual game?
      biki
      • Forum John Barnes

• 419 posts | 47 
      Reply #4382: May 24, 2016 11:16:34 am
      You do know he's been injured most of the season and when he's been fit enough to play he's had a problem with his heel that has handicapped his usual game?

I know, I mentioned it in an above post.

What makes you think his heel will be fixed next season? He is going to the Euro's and will have only a couple of weeks off before a rigorous pre-season. If time was going to heal his injury I'm sure he would have been given it off this season.

I'm only asking if people believe he will be a first teamer next season. Based on last seasons form I can see Can being a main stay along with someone else that Klopp brings in
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #4383: May 24, 2016 11:35:33 am
      I know, I mentioned it in an above post.

What makes you think his heel will be fixed next season? He is going to the Euro's and will have only a couple of weeks off before a rigorous pre-season. If time was going to heal his injury I'm sure he would have been given it off this season.

I'm only asking if people believe he will be a first teamer next season. Based on last seasons form I can see Can being a main stay along with someone else that Klopp brings in

He's had some rest with his most recent injury so hopefully yes it'll be sorted now and just because he goes to the Euros doesn't mean he'll play.

I think he'll still be in the squad, not necessarily as Captain and not necessarily as a regular starter and that's fine because when fit he's still one of our most productive players.  Also Jürgen hasn't actually had him available fully fit so will realise there's plenty more to come than he's seen already.

Plus we have far worse, less productive players to offload that have barely played this last season or two.  Get rid of them, keep the better players and bring in better quality and we might have a chance of gaining some consistency and win something.
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #4384: Jul 24, 2016 06:20:10 pm
      Was reading in the paper today that one of the stipulations for away match lodgings is that Lallana and Hendo need rooms adjacent. Guess it's handy if they need to share any nivea sh*t. Maybe play FIFA16.

No sign of Hendo being put on the market at the moment, and the Spuds rumors seem to have died down. Looking at the signings coming in, the only reason I see him not still being first XI, at least initially, are his ongoing injury worries.

I've generally defended Jordan, and on his day he is a really good player. Would I have hoped we'd sign a midfielder good enough to walk in ahead of him? - absolutely. But at the moment, I'm not seeing that.  Maybe over time one of the new guys might stump up, but remains to be seen.

Will he still be captain next season? Don't see any of the new guys coming in taking it off him. Milner looks less likely to get a game. Skrtel's gone. Lovren or Matip?  At the moment reckon chance of him staying captain is probably better than 50/50 (in his favour).
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #4385: Jul 24, 2016 06:48:26 pm
      I wouldn't right him off just yet and it appears Jürgen likes his style of play. I want all our lads to think they have a future here and then lets see how they can contribute to a really important season
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #4386: Jul 24, 2016 10:06:46 pm
      Was reading in the paper today that one of the stipulations for away match lodgings is that Lallana and Hendo need rooms adjacent. Guess it's handy if they need to share any nivea sh*t. Maybe play FIFA16.

No sign of Hendo being put on the market at the moment, and the Spuds rumors seem to have died down. Looking at the signings coming in, the only reason I see him not still being first XI, at least initially, are his ongoing injury worries.

I've generally defended Jordan, and on his day he is a really good player. Would I have hoped we'd sign a midfielder good enough to walk in ahead of him? - absolutely. But at the moment, I'm not seeing that.  Maybe over time one of the new guys might stump up, but remains to be seen.

Will he still be captain next season? Don't see any of the new guys coming in taking it off him. Milner looks less likely to get a game. Skrtel's gone. Lovren or Matip?  At the moment reckon chance of him staying captain is probably better than 50/50 (in his favour).

I think it's exciting to think if he could get to the levels he was for most of Rodgers time the difference he could make against last season. I think we all forget he did his foot in the 2nd game of last season and was never fit thereafter. Hopefully pre-season has him ready
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #4387: Jul 24, 2016 10:27:02 pm
      Huge season ahead for Jordan with some competition for places.
      He has many qualities but makes far too mistakes.
      I feel that he could produce a very strong season of performances and perhaps bent stripped of the captaincy isn't necessarily a bad thing if it was to happen.
      I want to see him start the season but know his place without the captaincy isn't a guarentee.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #4388: Jul 24, 2016 11:28:20 pm
      Huge season ahead for Jordan with some competition for places.
      He has many qualities but makes far too mistakes.
      I feel that he could produce a very strong season of performances and perhaps bent stripped of the captaincy isn't necessarily a bad thing if it was to happen.
      I want to see him start the season but know his place without the captaincy isn't a guarentee.

Can you please describe Jordans many qualities, I'm genuinely curious to know.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #4389: Jul 24, 2016 11:45:40 pm
      Can you please describe Jordans many qualities, I'm genuinely curious to know.

Great hair.
      Nice lad.
      Model professional.
      Plays through the pain, ignore that he plays sh*t through the pain, the fact he's playing through the pain should always be commended.
      Never stops running.
      Tries hard.
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #4390: Jul 25, 2016 11:10:39 am
      Great hair.
      Nice lad.
      Model professional.
      Plays through the pain, ignore that he plays sh*t through the pain, the fact he's playing through the pain should always be commended.
      Never stops running.
      Tries hard.

So basically what you are saying is , he's the kind of lad you wouldn't mind your daughter bringing home . Sums him up perfectly.
      I want a complete and utter c**t , who thinks he owns the pitch , can attack and defend  , score goals , ooze confidence and  takes responsibilities above and beyond  his area of play . A leader.
      Henderson is the complete opposite  in every aspect. Poor player, poor Captain who should be plying his Trade somewhere like Hull.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #4391: Jul 25, 2016 11:46:38 am
      I've been saying he is bang average for years. People seem to be blinded by how limited he is because he was given the armband though.

He isn't fit to lace the boots of the midfielders who have previously played for this club. I used to think that was harsh comparing Jordan to them but I don't any more. It's the standard those players have set and it's the standard this club demands and unfortunately Jordan falls way short.

We will soon see whether Jürgen can get more out of him. If he can't, then Jordan won't be here for the 17-18 season.

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #4392: Jul 25, 2016 12:05:38 pm
      I've been saying he is bang average for years. People seem to be blinded by how limited he is because he was given the armband though.

He isn't fit to lace the boots of the midfielders who have previously played for this club. I used to think that was harsh comparing Jordan to them but I don't any more. It's the standard those players have set and it's the standard this club demands and unfortunately Jordan falls way short.

We will soon see whether Jürgen can get more out of him. If he can't, then Jordan won't be here for the 17-18 season.

He is an average player but all teams need a water carrier, our problem is if Milner plays that's just too much.

Hendo can do a job like in the almost year when he can just rely on his strengths which are pressing, his stamina and making those late runs into the box.

So if we play a 3 man midfield Hendo could start to excel again without the responsibilities of trying to be a Gerrard.

Quick Reply