Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

Jordan Henderson (Liverpool -> Al-Ettifaq (5 months) -> Ajax)

Read 729365 times
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Re: Jordan Henderson Player Thread
      Reply #4646: Aug 27, 2016 06:52:46 am
      1. People who used to question Gerrards ability to captain didn't know how good we had it.

F***ing BOOM.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #4647: Aug 27, 2016 11:42:02 am
      Yes very very true. Incredibly, for much of Gerrards last four or five seasons at the club many posters advocated "benching" him on a semi permanent basis  :lmao:.

I still remember well many of the people who now slag off the current captain with such vehemence advocating Stevie been left out for Jordan every week, as "Hendo" was/is a better player. Don't wish too hard etc.

For the record I'm no lover of Jordan either, but some if the criticism he is receiving just now is utterly ridiculous. Also, whatever happened to "backing the manager"? (Something which I get told to do on a daily basis on here). Given JĂźrgen's had all Summer to replace the captain, we may as well accept once and for all that he really believes in him. No?
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #4648: Aug 27, 2016 12:22:08 pm
      Jürgen Klopp has dispelled any questions about the future of Jordan Henderson by insisting: “If I had any doubt, he wouldn’t be here.”

The Liverpool skipper endured a miserable season of injury last year, which threw his Anfield career under a harsh spotlight.

Amid claims of Spurs interest, there were strong suggestions that Reds boss Klopp was not impressed with his form and fitness, and may be prepared to sell him.

That tallied with fan unrest and criticism but last night the German dismissed speculation by flatly denying Henderson was on the way out.
      “I see him every day in training so if I was doubting him he would not be here,” said Klopp emphatically.

“I like this player and he is very important for this club. There is absolutely no doubt.”

Henderson didn’t feature strongly in pre-season and was often relegated to the substitutes bench as he returned to match fitness.

Klopp is an admirer of Emre Can – currently sidelined with a minor ankle problem – in a holding role. And with £25million signing Georginio Wijnaldum slotting into the forward midfield position alongside Adam Lallana and Philippe Coutinho, Henderson’s first-team place looks under threat.
      The manager though, is adamant he has a big future at the club. He insisted now that the England midfielder is over the foot problems that blighted last season, he will be a key player... and defy the critics.

“A Liverpool player that is at the club with not so much success in recent years is always doubted a little bit,” Klopp added. “They always have to show they are not the reason we have not made the next step. Of course that is not the reason. He is a wonderful skilled player and his attitude is outstanding.

“There are more reasons for not being successful and it keeps these players always trying to convince everyone.

“Stay cool, try to play football it is not that difficult. Not only for Jordan but for other players.
      “It is about decision making, not too often to make the special things, just more what you need to do rather than what you want to do.”

Klopp will give a late fitness test to Can, and also wait on Coutinho who missed the midweek trip to Burton with a minor knock, but he has Sadio Mane back and in fine form.

He believes his summer signings have made the team stronger and added: “What do you think when you see the new signings! Now there are quality players in defence, in midfield, on the wing.”
      http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/JĂźrgen-klopp-rubbishes-jordan-henderson-8713397
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #4649: Aug 27, 2016 02:56:28 pm
      I thought he put in a helluva shift today. Showed both prudence and ambition in his passing.

Without him our midfield right now would be softer than a chocolate fondant.........

Yes I have defended him - and will continue to do so as long as I think valid. Today he gave us a balance that we would not otherwise have had.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,146 posts | 8540 
      Reply #4650: Aug 27, 2016 03:30:12 pm
      I thought he put in a helluva shift today. Showed both prudence and ambition in his passing.

It's a shame though those ambitious passes always end up never finding a man or go out for a goal kick.

Without him our midfield right now would be softer than a chocolate fondant.........

Hahahahaha that's some funny sh*t right there. Does he ever win a challenge? Although he is very impressive when swearing at refs!!

bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,518 posts | 1660 
      • YNWA
      Reply #4651: Aug 27, 2016 03:58:33 pm

Yes I have defended him - and will continue to do so as long as I think valid. Today he gave us a balance that we would not otherwise have had.

Yep, did well today. Best CM in there imo. Not that that says a massive amount. Keep improving Jordan!
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #4652: Aug 27, 2016 04:31:09 pm
      Don't think he was great, just average as a DM today. His passing is still poor/average from deep and he left a lot of gaps behind him for Spurs to exploit imo. Other than that, his pressing/harrying was very good, we just need him in a CM role and to bring back Lucas or Can.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,599 posts | 3914 
      Reply #4653: Aug 27, 2016 04:45:56 pm

He did ok. His passing was still incredibly sloppy. Not sure what game you were watching scotia.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,599 posts | 3914 
      Reply #4654: Aug 27, 2016 04:46:39 pm
      Yep, did well today. Best CM in there imo. Not that that says a massive amount. Keep improving Jordan!

Wijnaldum and Lallana were much better for me.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #4655: Aug 27, 2016 06:29:47 pm
      He did ok. His passing was still incredibly sloppy. Not sure what game you were watching scotia.

I was watching the Liverpool game London ;)
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #4656: Aug 27, 2016 06:31:39 pm
      It's a shame though those ambitious passes always end up never finding a man or go out for a goal kick.

Hahahahaha that's some funny sh*t right there. Does he ever win a challenge? Although he is very impressive when swearing at refs!!

I guess we see the game different mate.

After all this time eh........

;)
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #4657: Aug 28, 2016 01:38:17 pm
      As predicted, he's slowly coming back to fitness and getting to grips with things again. By Halloween if he stays fit I expect him to be bossing it again.

Would like to see him alongside Can more this season as I think he is effective going forward and makes really good runs from midfield.

Well played!
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,597 posts | 2156 
      Reply #4658: Aug 28, 2016 03:48:46 pm
      I thought he played quite well yesterday, he competed, pressed and used the ball well. In a game like yesterday there is less time and space in the middle of the park but more space in behind to exploit. In games like this Jordan usually does ok, it's against the bus Parkers that Henderson's limitations as a player tend to come to the fore.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #4659: Aug 28, 2016 04:00:04 pm
      he is a fit strong lad and passes a nice long ball but I am afraid tis the bit between his ears that is sadly lacking. A good player but not a great player we need better if we want to win something .....anything.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,597 posts | 2156 
      Reply #4660: Aug 28, 2016 05:14:04 pm
      he is a fit strong lad and passes a nice long ball but I am afraid tis the bit between his ears that is sadly lacking. A good player but not a great player we need better if we want to win something .....anything.

I think it's just a lack of ability mate, he isn't a player that can beat a man (in fact he almost never tries to do so), he doesn't really dribble with the ball, his shooting is very poor and he isn't especially good in the air. He scores highly for attitude, graft and work rate but it's talent that lets him down.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #4661: Aug 28, 2016 06:05:17 pm
      Yeah, he lacks ability so much that Klopp specifically mentioned his ability, and keeps him as first team and club captain.

I know whose opinion I value most.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #4662: Aug 28, 2016 06:35:24 pm
      Thought he did well to put the horrors of last week behind him to put in what I thought was a very decent performance. Some excellent moments of control and instinct from the midfield throughout yesterday's game of which he was very much at the heart of. I just wonder whether he's a better player when he has less time on the ball, where the action requires greater instinct as a result of having less room to play in as a result of Tottenham's aggressive pressing game.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,004 posts | 521 
      Reply #4663: Aug 28, 2016 06:38:14 pm

He won 5 of the 7 tackles he attempted against Spurs. His tackling is actually under-rated. ( He doesnt give up too many yellow cards doing it either.)

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/statszone/8-2016/matches/855199/player-stats/56979/OVERALL_02#tabs-wrapper-anchor

Hendo is not a great player and he suffers in comparison with some of the greats we have had down the years, but he is a good player and at the minute is still the best CM we have.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,518 posts | 1660 
      • YNWA
      Reply #4664: Aug 28, 2016 06:56:46 pm
      Would like to see him alongside Can more this season as I think he is effective going forward and makes really good runs from midfield.

If Hendo/Can end up lining up in first XI midfield, fair enough, you have to pick players on form - but imo it would be a bit crap after a summer of signings to have the same two guys in the middle as we had last year.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #4665: Aug 28, 2016 08:10:40 pm
      If Hendo/Can end up lining up in first XI midfield, fair enough, you have to pick players on form - but imo it would be a bit crap after a summer of signings to have the same two guys in the middle as we had last year.

I wouldn't say we 'had' Hendo last season though. I think he'll end up looking like a new signing if he stays fit. Plus I would also expect a third man in there too.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #4666: Aug 28, 2016 08:29:57 pm
      He won 5 of the 7 tackles he attempted against Spurs. His tackling is actually under-rated. ( He doesnt give up too many yellow cards doing it either.)

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/statszone/8-2016/matches/855199/player-stats/56979/OVERALL_02#tabs-wrapper-anchor

Hendo is not a great player and he suffers in comparison with some of the greats we have had down the years, but he is a good player and at the minute is still the best CM we have.

Sorry, bringing up stats mean little to show he if a player is a good tackler, passer etc

Hendo has always been a weak tackler and poor/average passer from deep. I just hope with Lucas returning, we won't see Hendo in the 6 role ever again, he simply isn't good enough.
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,327 posts | 181 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Reply #4667: Aug 28, 2016 11:04:09 pm
      Sorry, those stats do not support my opinion so I will just ignore them

Ftfy

Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #4668: Aug 28, 2016 11:24:12 pm
      Sorry, bringing up stats mean little to show he if a player is a good tackler, passer etc

Hendo has always been a weak tackler and poor/average passer from deep. I just hope with Lucas returning, we won't see Hendo in the 6 role ever again, he simply isn't good enough.

I always think the whole "the stats don't matter" argument is ridiculous. They should be used in unison with live match viewing in order to gauge how good a player is and are a good way to uncloud bias for or against a player by laying out the facts in black and white.

Quick Reply