Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Jordan Henderson (Liverpool -> Al-Ettifaq (5 months) -> Ajax)

Read 720743 times
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: Jordan Henderson Player Thread
      Reply #4784: Oct 22, 2016 01:44:58 pm
      I've also been a vocal critic of Jordan but as long as he plays to the very high recent level then I'll back him all the way, very impressed with him recently apart form that awful backpass in the last few seconds against Manure, JORDAN!!!! :-)
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,623 posts | 477 
      Reply #4785: Oct 22, 2016 07:47:49 pm
      Wish we had Eric Dier instead of Henderson.
      Another wind up attempt.

Bravo! :gt-happyup:
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #4786: Oct 22, 2016 07:52:24 pm

Because you're a moron
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #4787: Oct 22, 2016 08:48:47 pm

Mate you can't say that. I wanted Henderson out this summer but he's proven me wrong. He's been very good.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,050 posts | 6294 
      Reply #4788: Oct 22, 2016 09:56:12 pm

Sometimes it's better to keep your mouth closed and be thought a fool, than to open it and remove all doubt that you are one.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #4789: Oct 22, 2016 09:59:16 pm
      Sometimes it's better to keep your mouth closed and be thought a fool, than to open it and remove all doubt that you are one.

Or as the case with him, just reinforcing what we all knew about him.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #4790: Oct 23, 2016 12:03:59 am
      Thought Hendo had another decent game, but still needs to work on his distribution as I notice more often than not, he chooses the safe option (Side and back passes).
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #4791: Oct 23, 2016 03:57:57 am
      Thought Hendo had another decent game, but still needs to work on his distribution as I notice more often than not, he chooses the safe option (Side and back passes).

It's my only annoyance with him when we dominate games. Matip shows more willingness to pick a ball out than Hendo.

He has the talent and the skill to do it but it seems like he just doesn't want to make any mistakes.
      Class
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 310 posts | 82 
      Reply #4792: Oct 23, 2016 09:41:14 am

Glory Glory Tottenham Hotspur, Glory Glory Tottenham Hotspur

http://www.thefightingcock.co.uk/forum/forums/tottenham-hotspur.4/

It's calling you lad, jog on.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #4793: Oct 23, 2016 10:04:30 am
      It's my only annoyance with him when we dominate games. Matip shows more willingness to pick a ball out than Hendo.

He has the talent and the skill to do it but it seems like he just doesn't want to make any mistakes.

In my honest opinion he doesn't have the skill to do it, and i think he knows that too, that's why he lacks the confidence of trying a risky pass.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #4794: Oct 23, 2016 12:52:30 pm

I think it might be that Klopp prefers to keep possession and build, then re-build if necessary.
      Teams sit back, and instead of trying a risky pass, Henderson goes back and re-sets to draw the opposition out, thus creating more space for the forward players.
      Standard tactic for any team that has a lot of possession.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #4795: Oct 24, 2016 08:49:57 am
       :lmao: @ All these spangles who (still) presume to know more than JĂźrgen (and Xabi); talk about clutching at straws. 

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #4796: Oct 29, 2016 10:22:50 pm
      Thought he was superb today. Fair play to him.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #4797: Oct 30, 2016 09:01:29 am
      Another superb game again from Jordan.  That ball through to Bobby for the 4th goal was just sublime.
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #4798: Oct 31, 2016 07:37:48 pm
      Perfect through ball yesterday, Bob just let us run into his path, keeper goes down, little lift over him, simple, super.
      Only pass to rival it was the ball through to Mane between two defenders, into his stride, should've scored ... from Cou I think?

Still think has more goals in him, but playing pretty deep in fairness, keep it up Hendo lad !!!!!
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #4799: Oct 31, 2016 07:39:49 pm
      Was excellent the other day keep it up lad.
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #4800: Nov 01, 2016 11:09:21 pm
      Have to hand it to him, The lad is having a fine season and appears to be making a bloody good job as a skipper an all this season. Fair play i didn't expect this sort of form from him and really wanted the armband to go to some one else but he has been terrific.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #4801: Nov 05, 2016 11:44:43 am
      Who is the Premier League’s best midfielder?

Paul Pogba perhaps – with a price-tag of almost £100million he certainly should be.

Or maybe Santi Cazorla of Arsenal, Nemanja Matic of Chelsea, or Mesut Ozil of Arsenal.

David Silva would have serious claims too, not to mention Liverpool’s mercurial Brazilian Philippe Coutinho.

But it’s none of them. According to the latest data, courtesy of EA Sports, the most complete midfielder in English football right now is Jordan Henderson.
      And yet somehow the man who is Liverpool skipper and will probably lead out England next week goes completely under the radar.

Perhaps the most revealing stat about Henderson is that he has made the most completed passes so far... 10 more per 90 minutes than nearest challenger Fernandinho of Manchester City.

And far more than anyone else in his opponent’s half, just to prove he’s not a sideways-passing Ray Wilkins clone.

He has also provided more assists than Pogba and Ozil combined, and more chances than Cazorla or Chelsea’s N’Golo Kante.

Yet his Liverpool boss JĂźrgen Klopp believes his skipper never gets the credit he deserves because critics simply want to label him a hard-working, limited player.
      “How old is Hendo? 25... that’s really young,” said Klopp.

“And yet everyone seems to have already judged him.

“All these guys I have here – and especially the English guys – are thinking the whole day about football and how they can improve. I like this. I like this in Jordan – he wants to work and improve.

“Don’t be surprised that Jordan is top of the passing. Look at the details too – at 25 he is a very, very responsible person, a very serious person and a really good skipper.”

Henderson himself is quick to point out that the stats may be impressive but it is only Liverpool’s brilliant movement and the ability of their inter-changing forwards to find space that allows him to top the tables.
      And Klopp is pleased that the man who will lead England on the pitch against Scotland if Wayne Rooney is not selected is humble enough to credit his team.

“Yes, he is a very good passer and doesn’t get the credit...but he would say you are nothing without the team around you,” the German added.

“His pass was brilliant against Palace last week but only because Roberto Firmino showed him a very good idea what he could do with it. The stats are positive – they show what Jordan can do.”

Henderson skippers Liverpool against Watford on Sunday looking for the victory which could put them top of the table as bookies continue to trim their title odds.

Yet for a man who leads his country and has an outstanding chance of lifting the Premier League trophy, he is almost an anonymous figure
      That is because, so Henderson insists, Liverpool are all about the effectiveness of the whole unit.

“We’re top of a lot of the stats in the league and that’s the type of game we play – but you’ve got to have the players to do it,” he explained.

“It definitely has to work as a team. If one or two don’t do it then it doesn’t really work. It’s quite easy to play around us if that happens.

“But if everyone does it as a team and you’re all tuned in to the same thing then it becomes a lot easier.”

Klopp revealed that James Milner is fit and ready to return.
      http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/jordan-henderson-premier-leagues-best-9198902
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,966 posts | 3048 
      Reply #4802: Nov 05, 2016 11:50:51 am
      About time this lad got some credit - not least on here.

Absolutely delighted for him.

Keep ging kid.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #4803: Nov 05, 2016 12:00:02 pm
      About time this lad got some credit - not least on here.

Absolutely delighted for him.

Keep ging kid.

I wouldn't say I never doubted him, but I could see we had a good player.
      It was just a question of whether he could show it on the field.
      He came through a sticky phase when he first joined, had an injury affected season, and is now close to his best, and he is still not at his peak yet.

A very good player, and as ever, Klopps view of him is completely different to the view of some fans.
      That's why he's in the job, and others write nonsense on forums.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,966 posts | 3048 
      Reply #4804: Nov 05, 2016 12:49:18 pm
      I wouldn't say I never doubted him, but I could see we had a good player.
      It was just a question of whether he could show it on the field.
      He came through a sticky phase when he first joined, had an injury affected season, and is now close to his best, and he is still not at his peak yet.

A very good player, and as ever, Klopps view of him is completely different to the view of some fans.
      That's why he's in the job, and others write nonsense on forums.

Fair enough Swab - personally, and I've had a few brickbats for it - I've never doubted him.

Even in his first season there was enough there (at a tender age) for me to give him pass marks - at the time too much was made of the fee.

I've always felt he brings a necessary balance to the team - as well as a hugely under-rated creative side and clear leadership qualities. I get not everybody sees that - I've just never understood why he's the favourite punch-bag for some.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #4805: Nov 05, 2016 12:53:03 pm
      You can't knock those stats. Having a great season.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #4806: Nov 05, 2016 01:56:58 pm
      Fair enough Swab - personally, and I've had a few brickbats for it - I've never doubted him.

Even in his first season there was enough there (at a tender age) for me to give him pass marks - at the time too much was made of the fee.

I've always felt he brings a necessary balance to the team - as well as a hugely under-rated creative side and clear leadership qualities. I get not everybody sees that - I've just never understood why he's the favourite punch-bag for some.

I should really clarify that a lot of what I felt was frustration rather than doubt.
      A blind man could see he had it in him to be a good player, it just took time to come out.
      I don't think it helped that he played so much on the right for us, and you could immediately see the difference when he moved to the centre.

Quick Reply