Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

Jordan Henderson (Liverpool -> Al-Ettifaq (5 months) -> Ajax)

Read 729362 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,246 posts | 6364 
      Re: Jordan Henderson Player Thread
      Reply #4830: Nov 21, 2016 01:16:22 pm
      Why would they take action? Surely they can do whatever the f**k they like?

I'm assuming that there are guidelines in place that you explicitly or implicitly agree to when you play for England.

Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #4831: Nov 22, 2016 12:42:36 pm
      I'm assuming that there are guidelines in place that you explicitly or implicitly agree to when you play for England.

Yeah bomb out of all tournaments.
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #4832: Nov 22, 2016 01:00:58 pm
      Didn't Gerrard say how boring it was on international duty between training and playing?

What do you do? Sit around chewing the fat with a man as boring as Southgate or go to a strip club...
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #4833: Nov 24, 2016 03:33:33 am
      Not making a point implicitly about Adam and Jordan's recent excursion but I never get the bored excuse
      It's about responsibility and common sense.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #4834: Nov 24, 2016 07:25:06 am
      Great work from him and Adam, very selfless of them to pump money into local communities while on England duty
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #4835: Nov 26, 2016 11:30:45 pm
      Jordan completed 115 passes today just underlying how much of the ball we had.

However 53 of those passes were to the centre back which perhaps underlined just how reluctant he was in possession today. The crowd bemoaning his pass over the top of everyone inspired the Klopp bollocking but there was a moment 10 minutes after that around the time of our goal when he passed to Matip despite being in acres of space and refusing to turn around. That brought about a bigger moan from the crowd. Even with Coutinho on the field and from last weeks match it was clear he was limited in his approach because Lallana wasn't on hand to do his busy bee act which makes passing options a lot easier for guys in Hendo's position.

Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #4836: Nov 26, 2016 11:42:11 pm
      I thought he did okay today again in the '6' role.

The onus is on the 5 ahead of him to break teams down while he keeps things simple and ticking over. We were lacking ideas but that wasn't Henderson's fault. Had that have been Lucas in that role people would be telling us what a tremendous job he did - they'd have seen things nobody else could. 

I think it's a good position for him because he doesn't really have the creativity, shot, vision or eye to play anymore further forward than he is at the moment. And where he is, he's doing okay.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #4837: Nov 26, 2016 11:47:48 pm
      He was back to the Hendo of previous he has got to realise that when he has 20m of empty grass in front of him then maybe turning with the ball maybe a good idea.

Don't want to be too negative as he did the defensive side of his job extremely well.
      There again the amount of work he had to do considering we had almost 80% possession i could have done his job today!
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #4838: Nov 26, 2016 11:49:06 pm
      I thought he did okay today again in the '6' role.

The onus is on the 5 ahead of him to break teams down while he keeps things simple and ticking over. We were lacking ideas but that wasn't Henderson's fault. Had that have been Lucas in that role people would be telling us what a tremendous job he did - they'd have seen things nobody else could. 

I think it's a good position for him because he doesn't really have the creativity, shot, vision or eye to play anymore further forward than he is at the moment. And where he is, he's doing okay.

Overall I think he's been very good but there's the odd time when we need to push on and he just passes it backwards when he has so much room to control the ball, turn and then make a forward pass which could start an attack.

Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #4839: Nov 27, 2016 01:09:57 am
      Overall I think he's been very good but there's the odd time when we need to push on and he just passes it backwards when he has so much room to control the ball, turn and then make a forward pass which could start an attack.

No doubt mcarz.

I think he's still developing in this role.

Henderson has pretty much always shirked to drive a team on in the event of a failed missed pass, and will more often than not play a safe pass.

That's why in some ways I think where he is will benefit the team more. He's good at recovering and tackling, and has got good stamina to get about in deep defensive positions.

I think he's "plodding" along nicely.

It's the attack which has lacked ideas recently and the likes of Milner and Clyne (esp) in the final third who have seen us made hard work of it all. A couple of weeks on the trot Clyne has found himself in half/scoring positions where if he just had the touch, composure and ability (a lot I know for a total defender like him), we'd have made lighter work of it all.
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #4840: Nov 27, 2016 09:55:52 am
      I think he could be more positive in his passing but I also don't think he did that much different yesterday to what he has been doing in in recent weeks.

Where we fell down was Lallana being out, he is the one that links up the midfield to attack really well and it forces Henderson to get more creative from a deeper position.

I really rate Can but sometimes his decision making isn't great, also the speed of his decisions can let him down, he seems to see everything a bit later than some of our other players but I guess that will come in time, he's still young.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #4841: Nov 27, 2016 02:25:30 pm
      Passes made... ranked 1st in PL
      Completed Passes... ranked 1st in PL
      Tackles... ranked 1st in PL

Our captain.

PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #4842: Nov 27, 2016 03:12:24 pm
      Thought his distribution was average in the first half, but second, he did improve and was slightly more adventurous. Still has a long way to go to reach the level of Lucas in terms of passing and decision making.

Also, I think he is becoming more of a Kante/Masch type #6 rather than a deep lying playmaker like Alonso which I think is what we need as majority of teams we play against will most likely counter us because of our high pressing game.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #4843: Nov 28, 2016 09:00:40 pm
      Passes made... ranked 1st in PL
      Completed Passes... ranked 1st in PL
      Tackles... ranked 1st in PL

Our captain.

Indeed - I'd say that was 1st class meself........BUT....... .

IF I were the type of fella who were inclined to take 'proverbs' and the like as 'fact' and find solace/concern as appropriate in them I'd be very worried about this young man's future.....

Rarely Never have I seen a player so obviously influential and so clearly vital to a team set up so "damned by faint praise" as our skipper......even on the last page.

He is definitely bumbling along in a bang average fashion  :f_whistle:

Long may the mediocrity continue.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,599 posts | 3914 
      Reply #4844: Dec 05, 2016 10:59:31 am
      Was like a child yesterday. He's improved this season but was really poor when we needed him most.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #4845: Dec 05, 2016 01:14:58 pm
      Although Hendo has been good overall this season it's games like yesterday which have people questioning his captaincy.

We know he can't lead by example a la Gerrard but what was he communicating to the players in that last 15mins?

A Souness and dare I say it John Terry at 3-2 would have literally torched the stadium making sure the players didn't throw the game away.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #4846: Dec 09, 2016 08:01:33 pm
      Think of him as one of Jürgen's favourite sandwiches - a big, juicy, currywurst & sauerkraut sandwich.

Yeah, pretentious, know F**k all, hypocritical, pricks may sneer at it but Jürgen knows (like anyone who knows football knows) - it's as tasty as F**k. Yum yum  :laugh:

Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,167 posts | 829 
      Reply #4847: Dec 12, 2016 09:14:33 am
      Another poor performance

Has no control over the midfield, very very ordinary player
      fckmediocrity
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 213 
      Reply #4848: Dec 12, 2016 09:36:45 am
      Another poor performance

But but but he has a 100% (side) passing record...so it`s all good.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,720 posts | 6707 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #4849: Dec 12, 2016 09:43:07 am
      Cracking shot on goal. Bet you that keeper never makes a save like that again in his career.

Just our F***ing luck!
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #4850: Dec 12, 2016 09:44:15 am
      Another poor performance

Hendo was far from the main issue yesterday.

Anyone with half a brain can see he's one of our better performers this season.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,167 posts | 829 
      Reply #4851: Dec 12, 2016 10:07:05 am
      Hendo was far from the main issue yesterday.

Anyone with half a brain can see he's one of our better performers this season.

No,

He's been poor in the past few games, had 2 or 3 good games this season and suddenly he is world class.

Anonymous most of the time and really p*sses me off with his constant playing it backward pass instead of looking to control the game with his passing (which he never does).

Anyone with half a brain can see how limited he is and the sooner we get a better playmaker in his position who knows how to dictate games the better.
      Ebieahi
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | 45 
      Reply #4852: Dec 12, 2016 10:22:16 am
      I agree to a large extent with Arab Scouse, the problem with Hendo for me is that while he has developed his game over the past few years, he is still technically a very limited Central Midfielder and cannot be expected to play the role of DLPM.

Any other day i wouldnt be bothered with the simple backwards passing if the team are in control, however when we require urgency and a change in the tempo of the game, he lacked the ability to dictate as a top quality DLPM would.

I think in games where we are chasing a result, he should be moved up higher into CM and let Can or Gini have the more defensive role instead. 

Quick Reply