Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

Jordan Henderson (Liverpool -> Al-Ettifaq (5 months) -> Ajax)

Read 729656 times
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,921 posts | 4987 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Re: Jordan Henderson Player Thread
      Reply #69: Jun 12, 2011 03:58:59 pm
      Whether its £20, £15 or whatever its money well spent, welcome to Anfield Jordan, you have made the right decision, the glory days are imminent, just beleive.

IKWT  YNWA
      KopiteKid
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts |
      • Scouse Solidarność
      Reply #70: Jun 12, 2011 04:03:07 pm

Bloody hell, what a bargain!  ;)
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,203 posts | 914 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #71: Jun 12, 2011 04:55:06 pm
      Is he playing tonight against Spain if so might take a look.
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #72: Jun 12, 2011 05:12:42 pm
      Is he playing tonight against Spain if so might take a look.

Very likely to start.

And another for the LFC internet scouting team is Wickham, who's likely to be on the bench. Hopefully we can see him in action as well.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,203 posts | 914 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #73: Jun 12, 2011 05:21:27 pm
      Will watch then.
      RedtillDead
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 164 posts |
      Reply #74: Jun 12, 2011 08:57:25 pm
      what do people think of his performance so far tonight?

Not really had much impact as far as I can... although the whole team, having trouble keeping possession.
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #75: Jun 12, 2011 09:37:54 pm
      Was played as holding mid in a very badly set up side, however his positional sense and discipline compared to the tits around him was very good. He got frustrated at the end as he can't do everything on his own. But I was impressed.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #76: Jun 12, 2011 09:39:36 pm
      I think the lad has a hell of a lot of work to do, gave the ball away countless times in the second half and was completely outclassed by Martinez who was the best centre midfielder on show
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #77: Jun 12, 2011 09:43:19 pm
      Bit unfair to judge him in one game in an international tournament, remember Houllier bought Salif Daio and Diouf of performances in one & look how they turned out ;)

Best way to judge the lad will be in the premier league in our team week in and week out, then well see what he has to offer and if & where he falls short.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,682 posts | 3702 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #78: Jun 12, 2011 09:43:51 pm
      He was played as a holding midfielder while he is more attacking midfielder or central. He played well, nothing brilliant but nothing wrong.
      Shemy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 591 posts |
      Reply #79: Jun 12, 2011 09:45:51 pm
      in fairness he seemed he was asked to play diffrent, was played far too deep for my taste.....even when rodwell came on Henderson was playing deep and Rodwell was attacking
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #80: Jun 12, 2011 09:45:51 pm
      Just talking about tonights performance, that he was average at best, wouldn't be happy if he gave the ball away that much in a match for Liverpool
      Shemy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 591 posts |
      Reply #81: Jun 12, 2011 09:46:18 pm
      He was a little passive though
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #82: Jun 12, 2011 09:52:34 pm
      England U21's were under the cosh for most of the night.  Would have liked to have seen him asking for the ball more as Smalling, Jones and Fielding just hoofed it for most of the second half.  Showed some nice touches at times but wasn't really able to do an awful lot.  Same as the rest of the team to be fair.  Totally outplayed.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #83: Jun 12, 2011 09:57:23 pm
      He was played as a holding midfielder while he is more attacking midfielder or central. He played well, nothing brilliant but nothing wrong.

Not exactly as a holding midfielder, he played CM in a 4-4-2. Mancienne was the most defensive midfielder of the 2.

I wont judge him for 1 game but have to say he was pretty poor, looked interesting at times, if it was the 1st time I heard about him I certainly wouldn't want him at LFC
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #84: Jun 12, 2011 10:17:42 pm
      I think the lad has a hell of a lot of work to do, gave the ball away countless times in the second half and was completely outclassed by Martinez who was the best centre midfielder on show

Couldn't wait to start chipping away at him could you?
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,146 posts | 2780 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #85: Jun 12, 2011 10:31:27 pm
      Just talking about tonights performance, that he was average at best, wouldn't be happy if he gave the ball away that much in a match for Liverpool

Wouldnt it be fair to say you arent happy about him full stop?
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #86: Jun 12, 2011 11:45:03 pm
      Wouldnt it be fair to say you arent happy about him full stop?

And he's still to pull an LFC shirt on Brian, and he's already getting crap.  The England U21's were ALL poor tonight, totally out passed by a superior U21 Spanish side.  If that's what we're judging him on it's pretty F***ing harsh.  I'm going to follow how he does at the Euros, but I'm far more interested in how he interacts with our players when he gets a chance to run out in our shirt.
      redsnake
      • Banned

• 128 posts |
      Reply #87: Jun 12, 2011 11:45:47 pm
      Only watched the game to assess hendo. Was left bitterly disappointed. Gave the ball away so many times was very sloppy.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 2810 
      Reply #88: Jun 12, 2011 11:54:23 pm
      Not really surprised he's getting stick already. Carroll's getting the same.

I'm not judging Henderson and telling him that he's got a hell of a lot to do after playing against Spain with a sh*te England side.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #89: Jun 13, 2011 12:00:51 am

At this stage of his career his best attribute is keeping the ball. He does it very well, very rarely gives it away. To say he was completely outclassed is a complete overstatement  :-\
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #90: Jun 13, 2011 12:02:56 am
      Someone playing badly for England? When has that ever happened?  :lmao: It's a good job English players aren't judged by their international performances alone, cos they all play sh*te!

Some right softlads in here. Having a go after one international game against the worlds best. Wish some people would take their negativity and F**k off somewhere else with it because this is the start of some very good times and all some mopey cu*ts can do is moan like the last 2 seasons and all that happened in them never happened. Sad tw*ts.
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #91: Jun 13, 2011 12:03:43 am
      At this stage of his career his best attribute is keeping the ball. He does it very well, very rarely gives it away. To say he was completely outclassed is a coplete overstatement  :-\

Not really. Compare Henderson to both Thiago or Martinez and Henderson was a little boy playing a man's game.

I'll reserve judgement till the end of next season where I can see him more. I think he'll be a good buy, just got outclassed today. Although everyone in our team were very poor.

And he never hardly touched the ball, Smalling and Jones hoofed it towards Spain.

Quick Reply