Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D7 L8

Jordan Henderson (Liverpool -> Al-Ettifaq (5 months) -> Ajax)

Read 729881 times
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Re: Jordan Henderson Player Thread
      Reply #3933: Feb 05, 2016 09:01:08 pm
      Seriously, you make it sound as if Hendo is the ultimate midfielder, a player that can pass as good as Cabaye, defend as good as Kante and attack as good as Ramsey.

He's not better defensively than Kante, but then I've never claimed he was. Also haven't said he's better going forward than Ramsey. Let's stop making things up and sticking words in my mouth, shall we?

I think you mis-read, have re-read at what I typed.

Yes, it's me that doesn't understand midfield roles. Using Alonso and Mascherano as examples is f**king stupid because NO TEAM IN THE LEAGUE HAS A MIDFIELDER AS GOOD AS ALONSO OR MASCHERANO. They do not exist! We don't need to have midfielders as good as them because the standard of competition has changed in the league.

It's not F***ing stupid using them as examples, I am not talking about their qualities, I am talking about their style of football, what it offers to our team and how it can improve Henderson. Most of the players I named earlier would probably improve Can, Hendo, Allen or Milner because it gives them more freedom to play their natural game.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #3934: Feb 05, 2016 09:45:44 pm
      He is still clearly struggling with his injury.
      When he is fully fit he is all over the pitch and central to what klopp wants us to produce.
      He is getting subbed off because clearly he isn't 100%.
      Some people need to see the obvious and chill out.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,182 posts | 4404 
      Reply #3935: Feb 05, 2016 09:56:24 pm
      I agree mate, it is not doing the player or the club any favours keeping him playing while obviously still struggling with injury. Even Gerrard suffered criticism when he was playing while obviously injured, how much more for a player with no where near the same history.

That's the dilemna with Henderson injury in that there is no real cure, he has to just play through it and hopefully over time it will subside, or rather he can manage the pain and maybe like in the case of Carra the tissue actually ruptures to alleviate the pain.

Basically this is one case where resting is not going to help him.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,182 posts | 4404 
      Reply #3936: Feb 05, 2016 10:01:29 pm
      I don't think Henderson's the only one playing with an injury. Sakho seems to have issues any time he comes down after going up for a header.

The problem with Sakho is that he is almost as injury prone as Sturridge.
      We start to see what a good CB he can be and then he will go and get injured, then he takes ages to find that firm again and it's rinse and repeat.

I can see two new CB's at the club next season with Sakho and Lovren fighting to displace the new guys.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #3937: Feb 05, 2016 10:02:21 pm
      That's the dilemna with Henderson injury in that there is no real cure, he has to just play through it and hopefully over time it will subside, or rather he can manage the pain and maybe like in the case of Carra the tissue actually ruptures to alleviate the pain.

Basically this is one case where resting is not going to help him.

It will help him mate because he won't get abuse for his abject performances and Liverpool will benefit from having a fit player playing in the meantime instead of someone who is struggling due to his injuries.

If he wants to rupture the tissue, get him running hard in training because he's not doing it in matches. 
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,182 posts | 4404 
      Reply #3938: Feb 05, 2016 10:05:53 pm
      It will help him mate because he won't get abuse for his abject performances and Liverpool will benefit from having a fit player playing in the meantime instead of someone who is struggling due to his injuries.

If he wants to rupture the tissue, get him running hard in training because he's not doing it in matches. 

I get what your saying mate but there's no guarantee the tissue will rupture, I can imagine it's a difficult situation for the medics.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #3939: Feb 05, 2016 10:06:57 pm
      I get what your saying mate but there's no guarantee the tissue will rupture, I can imagine it's a difficult situation for the medics.

You would think they could just lance it like a boil. 
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #3940: Feb 06, 2016 12:15:53 am
      I can imagine it's a difficult situation for the medics.

If our medics have a clue what they are doing, which based on the number of injuries we always have, makes me question.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #3941: Feb 06, 2016 06:27:37 pm
      Not good enough, again.

Seriously, if an offer of 12m came in for him, I'd snap hands off to bank that.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #3942: Feb 06, 2016 06:31:03 pm
      Not good enough, again.

Seriously, if an offer of 12m came in for him, I'd snap hands off to bank that.

That's mental.

He should be dropped though. Clearly not fit. Not sure why we're playing him through an injury in what are effectively meaningless league games.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #3943: Feb 06, 2016 07:22:08 pm
      Totally agree
      He clearly isn't fit yet
      I would leave him out for a few games and get him fully recovered.
      Would also be a good excuse to change things up because we obviously are utterly stagnated with no ideas or purpose.
      Have to mix things up.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,182 posts | 4404 
      Reply #3944: Feb 06, 2016 07:52:02 pm
      Have said it for years he's a glorified water carrier.

Problem is so is Lucas and Milner.
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #3945: Feb 06, 2016 08:58:49 pm
      That's mental.

He should be dropped though. Clearly not fit. Not sure why we're playing him through an injury in what are effectively meaningless league games.

Do you ever get tired of making excuses for this lightweight?  Are you two related?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #3946: Feb 06, 2016 09:03:11 pm
      Yeats,Smith,Hughes,Thomo,Souness,Kenny,Neal,Hansen.Wright etc then Henderson I don't think so and I am one of his biggest supporters but not a Captain at this point
      littleface
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #3947: Feb 06, 2016 09:17:59 pm
      Yeats,Smith,Hughes,Thomo,Souness,Kenny,Neal,Hansen.Wright etc then Henderson I don't think so and I am one of his biggest supporters but not a Captain at this point

Watch him today after they score. Nothing, F**k all . He scurries away hiding . Limited ability , but when wearing the armband he could at least TRY to rally the troops instead of lining his undies with one of his famous skid marks.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #3948: Feb 11, 2016 03:02:42 am
      Thats the problem right there. When it comes to Henderson , there is always an excuse to why he isn't playing well. Playing with an injury? Bollocks. Needs someone to hold his hand in midfield? Jesus f***in christ!! Playing in a struggling team? F**kin man up then. Weight of the Captaincy on his shoulders? Wah wah wah. Won't be long before someone says it's his time of the month!
      He is an inconsistent player of limited ability , with a timid mentality .

i don't know whether this is the worst post i've ever seen or if it makes complete sense.

whatever the case, it's not very supportive, it's petulant and useless to everybody.

if you can't support LFC when we're in this transition/rut/whatever you call it, but you can when we're up and about, what does that say about you? not much
      littleface
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #3949: Feb 11, 2016 10:14:57 am
      i don't know whether this is the worst post i've ever seen or if it makes complete sense.

whatever the case, it's not very supportive, it's petulant and useless to everybody.

if you can't support LFC when we're in this transition/rut/whatever you call it, but you can when we're up and about, what does that say about you? not much
      It says i'm sick of poor quality players being brought to the club , and, kept on for years when it is clear they are not up to it.
      I'm sick of fans attaching imaginary attributes to these players , in the name of  " supporting the team "
      I don't support sh*te!! Let's not forget, they are getting paid to play you know. They are not playing for the love of the club. So why should i blindly back a clearly below standard player?
      Also, for me, one of the worst things you can do in elite sport is Bottle It . A player grows up waiting and wishing for his chance to complete his dream. He is trained , coached  and encouraged for years to be ready for that moment . And then when it comes, he shits his pants!!! F**k Off.
      I give you JORDAN HENDERSON
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #3950: Feb 11, 2016 12:43:14 pm
      Henderson is a good player, not great and, whether people like it or not, we create more chances when he is in the team. Truth be told though, he isn't playing well, he doesn't deserve to be starting. But let us not dismiss the real excuses he does have, as they're far more real and better than the 'but he used to be great' excuse we had for other players.
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,040 posts | 336 
      Reply #3951: Feb 12, 2016 09:24:40 am
      Henderson is a good player, not great and, whether people like it or not, we create more chances when he is in the team. Truth be told though, he isn't playing well, he doesn't deserve to be starting. But let us not dismiss the real excuses he does have, as they're far more real and better than the 'but he used to be great' excuse we had for other players.

True, mate.  I just hope he's being honest with JK and the medical team about how his foot is affecting him, because we can't afford to be carrying a player who's desperate to play (to his credit) but only 75% fit.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #3952: Feb 12, 2016 11:24:24 am
      True, mate.  I just hope he's being honest with JK and the medical team about how his foot is affecting him, because we can't afford to be carrying a player who's desperate to play (to his credit) but only 75% fit.

I've had the plantar thing, you just can't lie about. You can move, its just damn uncomfortable at best, excruciating at its worst. It makes turning quickly difficult though, as the change of direction guaranteed, at least for me, extra pain.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #3953: Feb 14, 2016 09:39:50 pm
      19 assists in the league since 13/14, more than any other English player. That's with him missing a massive part of this season.

But yeah, he has no creativity and can't pass the ball very well.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,309 posts | 6374 
      Reply #3954: Feb 15, 2016 01:04:57 am
      I've had the plantar thing, you just can't lie about. You can move, its just damn uncomfortable at best, excruciating at its worst. It makes turning quickly difficult though, as the change of direction guaranteed, at least for me, extra pain.

When I had it badly, it was murder getting out of bed and walking to the bathroom in the morning. But once I got moving, it wasn't too bad until I stopped again. Don't know if it's similar for Hendo but I'd bet (going from my own experience) that it probably feels its best during the game, with it being worse as things tighten up at halftime and post game.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,182 posts | 4404 
      Reply #3955: Feb 18, 2016 10:38:15 pm
      Another completely anonymous performance from our Captain.

Quick Reply